Looking at You Through the Glass

Aww they jumped in holding hands!!! :love:
-Hopefully the jump ends well and one of them doesn't get hurt!!
Can't wait to find out what happens!! Thanks for the pm!!

ooooo cliff hanger! liked it!
great update! i hope their ok and that Vaughn is able to act on his feelings for her!
thanks for the PM :D
cant wait for more :P

They backed up several steps and, still firmly holding one another's hand, they ran and lept off the building just as the guards had reached the roof.

Sydney squeezed Vaughn's hand tightly and they braced themselves to hit the water.
Dun dun dun

at least we know that they survive + they got to hold hands now vuaghn just needs to say those 2 lil words
hey maybe theyll get locked in a cabin together

pm list so far

dandan
6helterskelter6
Ms.MichaelVaughn
MH55995
LittleNicky
sydneymicheal
farliieansds225
Kate_14
SpygirlAmy
Michael_Vartan_hottie
derevkointraining
gtwallichs
fire*n*ice
tunita
NadiaSantosFan
vaughnshoney

Oh gosh you guys
I'm so sorry it has taken me so long to update this
Things have been really busy lately
I'm updating now and I hope you guys like it!!!
Thanks so much for reading

Sydney POV

We hit the icy cold water, still clinging to one another's hands. As we submerged in the dark, frigid water, all I could think about was that I was touching him. He was holding my hand tightly, as if he wouldn't let go for anything. I basked in this feeling until suddenly his grip loosened. I opened my eyes and saw him fighting weakly to get out of the water. Quickly, I swam to the surface and pulled him along with me. I broke through into the air and grabbed him around the waist, pulling him hard. As soon as his head was out of the water, I began to swim towards land. I kicked my legs hard, ignoring the burning in my calves. After what seemed like an eternity, my feet hit land and I struggled to pull us both up onto the grass.

"Come on Vaughn, wake up for me." I murmered as I administered CPR. I tried not to think about the way his lips tasted against my own as I gave him mouth to mouth. Trying not to panick, I repeated the proceedure. Finally, Vaughn began to cough up water. I helped him lift his head up and sighed with relief.

"Hey," he said looking up at me.

"Hey yourself," I said, not withholding my smile.

We stared into one another's eyes for a few moments, then looked up as we heard shots being fired from the roof of the building.

"Come on," I said, grabbing his hand, "we've got to get somewhere safe."

Vaughn jumped up and we ran away, not entirely sure where we were headed. We weaved through alleys, making absolutely certain we were not being followed. Not sure where else to go and still a bit concerned about Vaughn, I led him to the hotel I was staying in.

"Are you sure this is such a good idea?" Vaughn whispered as we crouched next to the hotel, making sure there were no "bad guys" around.

"I don't really think we have a choice. The nearest safe house is three hours from here. We don't have a car and, while we could steal one, I think a couple of soaking wet people dressed in all black are going to arouse some suspicion if they start poking around random cars. Besides," I said with a smirk, " you just had a near death experience. I think you need to lie down."

After securing the peremeter, Vaughn and I went up to my hotel room. The concierge at the desk eyed us questioningly, but chose not to ask any questions. Evidently, he knew better than to interfear with the hotel guests' business.

I led Vaughn up to my room, trying to squelch the knawing in my stomach.

Vaughn POV

As Sydney led me to her room, I tried to fight off the stereroid driven butterflies that had made my stomach their home for the evening. It wasn't just the cliche being in her room at night thing. This night wasn't really going to be very different from any other time I spent with her. Any time I spent with her consisted of me trying not to loose my cool. The only reason that this was going to be different was that we were in her hotel room, out of the country, probably as safe as we could be, and we were wet. I tried (and failed) to keep from staring at her as her clothes clung to her body. There were so many things I wished I could do, things that normal guys got to do with normal women that they were in love with. But I was not normal and Sydney Bristow was most certainly not normal. Every move she made was graceful and I couldn't take my eyes off of her. We had yet to release one another's hands from our grip. I certainly wasn't going to let her go unless she wanted me to and, so far, it seemed like she didn't want me to.

Sydney unlocked the door and led me inside. I marvled at how messy everything was. She had only been in her room for a day and already there was make up everywhere and clothes strewn across the bed.

Back to normal, third person, POV.

Sydney blushed as she watched Vaughn scan her room. She knew it was a mess but she had been rushing to get ready earlier and had spent an hour choosing exactly what she was going to wear and debating on whether or not to wear any makeup. She felt silly trying to look nice on a mission, but nonetheless, Vaughn was there.

"Um, there are some towels in there." Sydney said, pointing to the bathroom.

"K, thanks." Vaughn said.

Sydney busied herself, attempting to tidy up while Vaughn was in the bathroom. He quickly returned, rubbing the towel through his hair.

"Okay, that water was nasty. I've got to take a shower." Sydney said quickly. She needed a shower and she thought it probably ought to be a very cold one.

"Alright, I'll probably take one after you." Vaughn said.

Sydney looked around the room, unsure of whether or not she should say anything else. Deciding there was nothing else to say or do, she made her way into the bathroom.

Soon, Vaughn heard the shower running. As he sat there, he had to hold himself back from jumping up off the bed and joining her. Half of him screamed that this was his chance to take a risk and do something that he really, really wanted to do. Still, the other half knew that he would be crossing a barrier that he and Sydney hadn't even begun to cross. When Vaughn finally did tell her how he felt, he wanted it to be special. And the last thing he wanted was for anything with Sydney to be a one night stand. After the rational side of him won out, Vaughn considered texting Weiss to let him know that they were alright. He decided against it, however, because he knew that Weiss would ask where he was and he didn't want to explain it to him just yet.

Vaugh heard the bathroom door open and tried to look preoccupied as Sydney stepped out of the bathroom. He failed miserably, practicly staring as she tried diligently to hold her towel in place. The heat of the water had flushed her cheeks and her skin glistened.

"Um, you can go in now." Sydney said, feeling his eyes on her every move. She loved his attention; however, she couldn't help feeling that he was seeing her at her worst.

"Oh, yeah, okay." Vaughn replied, scrambling to stand up. He cleared his throat and focused his attention on the task of making it to the bathroom without staring at her. Sydney stiffled a giggle as he went into the bathroom and closed the door.

Please read and review!!!

Aww how cute!!! :love:
-I think Vaughn should have just took the risk!!! :woot:
Oh well I'm sure he'll get his chance soon!! :D
-Loved it!! Thanks for the pm!!

Oooh great update! :D
i love the fact that this fic has suspense. . Its great!
Thanks for the pm and the update!
I've been waiting for you to update!

Back