Looking at You Through the Glass

I love your story! I loved the last chapter especially! ummm can I say “LOVING“! Can I please be added to your Pm list so I can receive an up date as soon as you post??? :woot:

Great, great story! (y) :D

next chapter, I'm sorry it's short!

Vaughn POV

I woke to the sound of my phone ringing. Quietly, but quickly, I got up out of bed and grabbed the phone, mentally cursing whoever was calling.

"Hello?" I answered groggily.

"Where is my daughter," Jack Bristow asked angrily, "She didn't check in last night and she isn't answering her phone."

I considered telling Jack the truth...for about a half of a second. If I told him the truth he would have someone hunt me down and beat me to death. Not only had I slept in the same bed as his daughter, but we had also been together for several hours which would be plenty of time for Sydney to be exposed had we been followed or were anyone tracking us. Still, I didn't want to pretend I didn't know where she was either and cause the whole CIA to be in a panick.

"She's in her hotel room I think." I said finally

"You think? You think she's in her hotel room?"

"Yes, she's in her hotel room. We had a rough night last night and she's getting some rest." I said, telling mostly the truth.

"Well when and if you talk to her, have her call me and remind her that her jet is planning to leave in six hours." Jack said and hung up the phone, obviously irritated.

"Six hours. Right." I mumbled as I pushed "End"

I sighed and wished for about the thousanth time since we'd been on this mission that we could just stay here together and ignore all this spy felgercarb.

"Was that my dad?" Sydney asked groggily, stirring me from my thoughts as she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and stretched.

"Yeah, he just wants you to call him and to remember that your flight leaves at four."

"Oh, thanks." Sydney said and smiled shyly, "I havn't slept like that in months." She admitted.

"Yeah, me neither. It was nice." I said, returning the smile. We were both unsure as to what came next.

We stood in silence for a few moments, then Sydney spoke.

"So, I got you some clothes," She said, walking towards the bathroom where she had hung up the t shirt and jeans.

"You left last night?" I asked, concerned for some reason.

"No, I actually sent the bellhop out to get them for you." Sydney replied, handing me the clothes, "I think they're the right size."

For some reason, looking at those clothes and realizing that she had taken care of me made my heart swell. I wanted more than ever to hold on to her and never let go.

It's a good thing Vaughn didn't tell Jack that he and Sydney "slept" together! Had he done so the Alliance would be the least of his problems!

So if her plane leaves in 6 hours, then she has to leave in 4 1/2 hours to make her flight, she will need 30 min. to pack, and 30 min. to eat something leaving her 3 1/2 hours of the best spy make out session known to man! :lol:

For some reason, looking at those clothes and realizing that she had taken care of me made my heart swell. I wanted more than ever to hold on to her and never let go.
that was such a sweet udate
what do we have to do to make u write more asap

that was such a sweet udate
what do we have to do to make u write more asap

awwwwwwwwww
you guys are so sweet and I am sooooooooooo sorry that I go a while in between posting new chapters. I'm just really busy with work and school. I really don't have a ton of time to write. However, I will try really hard to write quickly!!!
Thanks for being so precious, ~L

Thank you guys for being so awsome!!!!
Enjoy!

Sydney POV

Something about the way Vaughn looked at me as I gave him the clothes made me feel hot and cold at the same time. It was as if he were reading my thoughts. Of course I knew that it was impossibly for him to read my mind; however, it probably wouldn't be hard for him to guess what I was thinking at that time. He could have very easily been able to tell that I wanted to be with him so much I almost couldn't breathe. That last night was the most amazing night of my life. That if I could, I would lock up all the doors and windows and stay there with him forever. Fortunatly, I knew that mind reading was not one of his many talents and I decided my thoughts were probably safe in my head.

After a few moments of shy bliss as we stared into oneanother's eyes, he eventually took the clothes from my hands. He cleared his throat and told me that he would be right back. I sat down on the bed, then jumped right back up as I realized that I had slept in the clothes that I was wearing and probably looked like something a cat dragged in. I grabbed a pair of jeans and a green fuzzy sweater. I changed quickly, trying to finish before Vaughn did. I stared out the window (which was on the opposite side of the room as the bathroom) and day dreamed about how wonderful last night was and what it would be like if I just "accidently" missed my plane and had to wait for another one.

Vaughn POV

I changed quickly. We didn't have very much time left and I wanted us to spend our last few hours together. I put on the jeans and t-shirt that Sydney gave me. I was only slightly surprised to find that she had guessed my size and taste perfectly. I ran my fingers through my hair and decided that it didn't really matter how messy it looked.

I hung the bath robe on the hook by the door and stepped out of the bathroom. I didn't make a sound when I walked into the room; I just stood there staring at the beautiful sight before me. Sydney was facing the other direction, pulling a soft-looking sweater over her head. I watched the green material slowly glide down her honey-golden skin. In my mind there was only one thought: she was perfect.

Before she could hear me or turn around, I quietly stepped back into the bathroom. This time, I cleared my throat as I came into the room, hoping she would hear me. As she turned around to face me, I realized that she looked as though she had been crying. She forced a smile and sighed.

"So they fit?" Sydney asked, refering to my clothes.

"Yeah, they're perfect." I replied, wishing I could make her feel better.

"Well, I guess I should start packing." She said with a sigh and then began folding and packing her clothes.

I stood there, unsure of what to do. I knew what I wanted to do, but I had to be realistic.

"Do you need any help?" I asked finally.

"Umm, no I don't think so." She replied. I couldn't be sure but I thought I detected sadness in her voice.

Everything went silent for a few moments, I sat down on the bed and Sydney stuffed her things into her suitcase. I thought for a little while, somewhat about how wonderful last night had been, but mostly about the way things were now and would be in the future. Was this how things were going to be from now on? Both of us aware of our mutual feelings for one another, but neither willing to talk about it? What about when we got back to LA? Would we ever admit to oneanother how we felt? Would we just continue as we were up until last night? I hated to think that anything between us could be as brief as a wonderful night together and then nothing. I knew our situation made it difficult for us to have a "normal" relationship, but I didn't think I could live with that silly handler-asset relationship we had tried to keep. I decided that if nothing else, I was going to make sure that these last few hours we had alone together were not spent apart or filled with akward silences.

Back