phoenix shotgun 47
shakekelly98
soccer_sweety_18
Sydney L Bristow
laura_vaughn
Sara Solas

:mail: hey it's me buggles!!!
thatwas sooo cute ^_^
can i get a pm when u update hopefully soon please???
:Please: :Please: :Please:
:syd1: :vaughn1: forever!!!

Chapter 7

Sydney POV

We snuggled together for a little while longer, then I got up to take a shower. I had just entered the bathroom and turned on the hot water when Vaughn walked in. He smiled sheepishly, took my hand, and pulled me into the shower.

Vaughn POV

It took us about an hour to finish...um, showering. We eventually climbed out and somehow managed to get dressed. We knew it was too dangerous to go outside together, so we decided to stay in Syd's room until it was time for her to leave.

We lay silently, snuggled together on the bed for a while, simply enjoying being together. After a while, Sydney asked the question that I had been trying to avoid.

"So, what now?" She asked quietly, "I can't go back to being without you."

"I'm not going to let that happen." I said firmly, "I'll do whatever it takes."

Sydney snuggled closer to me.

Sydney POV

I knew, more than anything, that Vaughn wasn't going to let me go. I pushed away the thoughts of life once we got back to LA and lay happily in his arms. If I ever had the power to stop time, that was when I wanted to use it. I wanted to make that moment last forever. I knew I had never been that happy before, and doubted I would ever be so happy again.

As we lay there, I felt a stirring in my stomach and heard a quiet rumble.

"Was that your stomach?" Vaughn asked, laughing.

I laughed, embarrassed but very hungry.

"Yeah, I think so." I replied.

"Let's order room service." Vaughn said and reached for the phone.

"Aww, but then we'll have to get out of bed." I whined.

Vaughn laughed at me and kissed me on the forehead.

"No," he said, "you don't have to move. I'll take care of it."

I grinned at him and kissed him lightly.

Vaughn called room service and ordered our food, all the while carressing me gently. He hung up the phone, put it back on the table, and then lay back down and snuggled with me again. While we waited for room service, we played Truth.

"What was your best friend in high school's name?" I asked him.

"Eric, he played hockey with me. Who gave you your first kiss?"

" Ugh, George Phillips. He took me to my first middle school dance." I remembered, somewhat discustedly, "have you ever been in love?"

"You mean before you?" Vaughn whispered, stroking my hair. "I probably thought I was, but that was before I knew what real love was."

I smiled shyly and kissed his fingers. I was constantly amazed at how he disarmed me with a few little words. What I loved most about playing Truth with Vaughn was that no matter what, I could tell him anything. He knew my deepest secrets, things that Francie could never know. Because of that, the questions we asked one another were easy, simple, neither of us had any reason to keep our guard up about anything.

"My turn," Vaughn reminded me, "What's your favorite food?"

"Oreos." I said.

"Seriously?" Vaughn asked in disbelief.

"I'm not kidding, I absolutely love Oreos."

"Wow, I would have thought crab legs or tirimasu or something."

"Well I like that stuff to, but I love my Oreos."

Just as Vaughn stopped laughing at me, we heard a knock at the door.

"I'll be right back." Vaughn said and kissed me again.

That was sweet! :smiley:

And also good to know about each other for security purposes, so they know that they are really who they say they are! :smiley:

Aww it feels like i've been waiting forever for you to update! :eek:
im so glad you did. :hug:
haha they took over an hour to shower? :naughty: :D

Oreos! So cute! :love: i love Oreos too. :D

thanks for the pm . Please update soon! :thinking:

Zoe

Aww how cute!! :love:
-Now you're not going to be cruel and have it not be room service are you!!
Can't wait for more!! Thanks for the pm!!

I am so incredibly sorry that I havn't updated in so long. Just so you know, this is one of 3 more chapters. Thank you guys so much for sticking with me.
Love, ~Lauren

*Sydney POV*

I watched Vaughn walk to the door of our room, feeling as happy as I've ever been. Every word he said, everything he did, it was all perfect. I lay my head down on the pillow, wishing we could stay like this forever. I saw Vaughn open the door but I couldn't see the bellboy because of the angle I was laying in.

"Here you go sir." I heard a familiar voice say to Vaughn. Why was that voice familiar? It was deep and throaty. I knew it wasn't the other bellhop's voice because he sounded like he was going through puberty all over again. I sat up and looked at the bellhop.

"Oh no." I thought as I realized he was one of the security guards who had been chasing us last night. How could Vaughn not recognize him? I tried to think of a way to get Vaughn back into the room and to close the door so I could tell him what was going on.

"Come back to bed baby." I said in the most seductive voice I could muster.

Vaughn tipped the "bellboy" and closed the door. He turned to face me, grinning at first. Then, as he realized I wasn't smiling, his face fell.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Shh, Vaughn, that bellhop was one of the men from last night! I recognized him. They know where we are, we've got to get out of here." I whispered.

"Okay," Vaughn said, springing into action, "They're probably watching the door so we have to find another way to get out of here." We both scanned the room quickly.

"I bet they're watching the window too." I said, wondering how long they had been watching us.

"The vents!" Vaughn said, noticing the airducts.

"Okay, let me grab my bag." I said, running over to the dresser.

"Excuse me?"

"It has my ID in it. Maybe they already know who we are but I'm not going to help them if they don't." I replied, pulling my bag tote style over my head.

"Let's go." I said and climbed up on the bedside table. Quietly, I pushed open the metal vent cover and pulled myself up.

Vaughn POV

I watched in amazment as, in one fluid motion, Sydney pushed herself up into the airducts. After everything, the smallest things she did still amazed me. Pulling myself up behind her, I thought about the time we had spent together and cursed myself for not being more careful. I knew that if anything happened to Sydney, I would never forgive myself. We crawled through the shafts as quietly as possible, using hand motions for communication rather than speaking. After crawling for what seemed like an eternety, we looked through the slits in a vent and found an empty room.

I removed the vent cover and slipped down into the room first. Sydney came after me and, though I knew she didn't need my help, I couldn't resist the urge to gently grab her waist and help her down. Slowly, she gave up control and let me pull her down close to me. For a few seconds, it was as though we were alone in the world. Nothing else mattered, just the feel of Sydney so close to me. I gazed into her eyes and saw that she was feeling the same way I did. I kissed her softly, and after a few moments, she gently pushed me away. She smiled at me, as if promising to continue with this soon.

"We have to go," Sydney whispered softly.

I nodded and entertwined my fingers with hers. I began to walk towards the door, but she pulled me back towards her.

"Wait," She said and kissed me fiercely. She held on to me tightly with one hand and carressed me with the other. "I don't want to let you go." She said, although, I knew she wasn't simply talking about letting me go in a physical sense.

"Hey," I said, pulling her close to me in a firm embrace, "This isn't over okay? We're not over."

"But when we go back things will have to go back to the way they were. I don't know if I can handle that" She replied.

"Look at me," I whispered, gently pulling her chin up, "We'll be together again soon. I promise."

"Vaughn, you don't know that. It could be years before we take down the Alliance."

"It doesn't matter, I promise. Do you hear me? I promise." I said and gently kissed her one last time.

"Okay," she said, putting on a brave smile, "let's go."

Back