Looking for royalty-free music...

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Anybody know of a source of freely available royalty-free music? What I'm looking for is something with a 'spacey' type feel to it for a new project here at Cool SciFi. :smiley:

Any thoughts anybody?

are you looking for full tracks or soundbites?

very unlikely to find full tracks free out there. soundbites another matter when theres many 3rd party solutions to create sounds and then export them as whatever file you want (or can convert them after exporting)

Looking for full songs, or, at least, mixes that last at least a few minutes. I've come across romantic type music and some classical but nothing with that hi-tech/spacey feel to it.

well, spacy is spacious, not the most cluttered or rythmic. how about getting a synthesizer program and programming in something spacey by trial and error, then using a desktop recording program to sample and cut it to effect?

Mr Destructo said:
well, spacy is spacious, not the most cluttered or rythmic. how about getting a synthesizer program and programming in something spacey by trial and error, then using a desktop recording program to sample and cut it to effect?
Because time is not my friend these days. :( I'm so backed up on programming related projects that getting into another hobby these days isn't an option. But, I may have a solution at hand.....

Check out Top 25 Torrent Sites & Live URLs & Proxies (2021) they may have what you are looking for…. Its all licensed Creative Commons.

Blue - A Short Film (DivX version) 02/20/05 250 MB N/A N/A N/A 9212 Visit
[SCI-FI CG SHORT] This 23-minute multi award-winning CG short film is, according to its creators: "A sci-fi adventure about a small robot who wakes up all alone on a space station and gets into more trouble than he can handle" - the makers have specifically CC licensed it.

well, that definitely does! i think we can leave the link in here, starting a new thread concerning the links and the distribution platform is probably going to be more trouble than it's worth!

Back