looking for stories of humans vs homo superior species!

I'm looking for novels, tv series, video games, comics, movies, etc...who stories are about conflicts between homo sapiens against a new hominid species(that can be a better update version of the hominid species and are in several way superior to humans)that just arrived in a evolutionary way.

here are examples of what kind of stories I'm looking for:

1-Frank M. Robinson’s novels Waiting and The Power
2-William Schmidt's Prey tv scifi series with a setting similar to "The Waiting" novel
3-Odd John: A Story Between Jest and Earnest novel by the Olaf Stapledon
4-X men comics

so far i have only found those examples by myself, i don't know if there are others stories similar to those with that kind of conflict between 2 hominid sentient species.
does anybody know other similar examples?

please help.:confused:

'Childhood's End' sort of covers that. the whole younger generation of humanity becomes part of a greater whole with unknown purposes; the leftovers end up sort of hanging out waiting to die.

'Childhood's End' sort of covers that. the whole younger generation of humanity becomes part of a greater whole with unknown purposes; the leftovers end up sort of hanging out waiting to die.

thanks for the advice. i had heard that story is very good.

is there any other?

i think this kind of conflict between 2 hominid species is not very common in scifi novels movies and tv series.

One that comes to mind is John Brunner's Children of the Thunder, which is about an emerging generation of children who have an evolutionary advantage and use it against the "normal" population.

Another great "normal vs. homo superior" story is the Sleepless trilogy by Nancy Kress (Beggars in Spain, etc). Although in this case the new "superior" species arises through genetic engineering rather than evolution, it's definitely worth looking at because it's one of the most thoughtful and intelligent portrayals of the conflicts between two such groups.

I'm sure there are more, I just can't think of any just now.

fascinating concept, esp wi this designer gene technology. will the next next generation all be Matt Damons and Angelina Jolies? will there be class warfare between the 'enhanced' and the 'natural'? food for thought

John Brunner Children of the Thunder spoiler please?

One that comes to mind is John Brunner's Children of the Thunder, which is about an emerging generation of children who have an evolutionary advantage and use it against the "normal" population.

Another great "normal vs. homo superior" story is the Sleepless trilogy by Nancy Kress (Beggars in Spain, etc). Although in this case the new "superior" species arises through genetic engineering rather than evolution, it's definitely worth looking at because it's one of the most thoughtful and intelligent portrayals of the conflicts between two such groups.

I'm sure there are more, I just can't think of any just now.

the trilogy of ms Nancy, yes i read some mini infos i found about those novel(i was looking for some scifi novel i found her novels by accident)days before you posted in this topic and yes i read good reviews about it.
thanks for make me remember of this trilogy again.

the other novel that you mention is new to me, thanks for saying the name of the novel and the author name too.
sadly, i don't know why in the American amazon this novel have only 2 reviews and very negative. in the UK amazon there is only one review with 5 stars or 4.

still, can you tell me more spoiler about the conflict between the baseline humans and those new homo superior children? please?

I wrote my first sci-fi book, SPECIES SURVIVAL, and self-published it on KDP SELECT in Kindle format. In this book peripheroids talk to human children about world peace, an eventuality for which the military and industrial is not prepared. One character, female, is raised in a secret laboratory as a weapon. She has the most advanced human mind ever. Another character, an intelligence director, recruits her, but she is really recruiting him. Both have been watched their entire lives because one they know has super human powers, and the other they're afraid will develop them. When they run the chase is on. Complex original novel. Humans with super powers hide in plain sight sustaining a tide of kindness in an unkind world without making waves that would attract the men and "dogs" hunting them.

Available in kindle format http:www.amazon.com/dp/B00PFX2UO6

Regularly 2.99 USD

Free for download 04/06/2015-04/10/2015

Check it out.
Thanks,
Ken Hollar

Review would be appreciated

Back