Looking for your opinion on something...

$0 - B

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Miramanee has been extremely gracious and sent her large collection of Star Trek related graphics, audio, & video clips to us on CD so that we can the upload the files to the media gallery. The collection covers a wide range of topics and subjects. My pondering, though, is the best way to present them. :cool:

Because I'm a programmer by day I tend to break down a subject to it's very simplest and categorize it at that level. For example, a video clip of bloopers would go into a category of "Video / Bloopers" or "Video / Humor" but what about files that don't neatly fall into one particular category. For example, where would you expect to find a picture of Worf from TNG & DS9? We could create categories by series (eg: "Trek / TNG", "Trek / TOS", "Trek / DS9", etcetra) but then Worf is one of a few characters that would fall into multiple categories. We could create categories by actor (eg: "Actors & Actresses / Michael Dorn" but what happens with a particular picture has two different characters in it?

So before I give myself a further headache :giveup: by thinking of all the different possible solutions I am seeking your input into what you'd like to see. I generaly I prefer to keep the major Sci-Fi worls seperate so that Star Trek files aren't mixed in together with Star Wars files but beyond that I'm open to any & all suggestions.

Browsing media files (that could be either pictures, audio, or video) what would make most sense to you as you're navigating your way through them? :puzzled:

Thanks!

Tom

An Old Friend
If you break it down by series one could go to either to get worf, but the series separation would help clarify the content better than by actor/actress
I love graphics almost as much as links so any way you catalog them is fine with me....Kant wait to check them out and a prethanx to Miramanee for sharing.

skwirlinator said:
If you break it down by series one could go to either to get worf, but the series separation would help clarify the content better than by actor/actress
I love graphics almost as much as links so any way you catalog them is fine with me....Kant wait to check them out and a prethanx to Miramanee for sharing.

yup got it in one.