Looking for your opinion on something...

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Miramanee has been extremely gracious and sent her large collection of Star Trek related graphics, audio, & video clips to us on CD so that we can the upload the files to the media gallery. The collection covers a wide range of topics and subjects. My pondering, though, is the best way to present them. :cool:

Because I'm a programmer by day I tend to break down a subject to it's very simplest and categorize it at that level. For example, a video clip of bloopers would go into a category of "Video / Bloopers" or "Video / Humor" but what about files that don't neatly fall into one particular category. For example, where would you expect to find a picture of Worf from TNG & DS9? We could create categories by series (eg: "Trek / TNG", "Trek / TOS", "Trek / DS9", etcetra) but then Worf is one of a few characters that would fall into multiple categories. We could create categories by actor (eg: "Actors & Actresses / Michael Dorn" but what happens with a particular picture has two different characters in it?

So before I give myself a further headache :giveup: by thinking of all the different possible solutions I am seeking your input into what you'd like to see. I generaly I prefer to keep the major Sci-Fi worls seperate so that Star Trek files aren't mixed in together with Star Wars files but beyond that I'm open to any & all suggestions.

Browsing media files (that could be either pictures, audio, or video) what would make most sense to you as you're navigating your way through them? :puzzled:

Thanks!

If you break it down by series one could go to either to get worf, but the series separation would help clarify the content better than by actor/actress
I love graphics almost as much as links so any way you catalog them is fine with me....Kant wait to check them out and a prethanx to Miramanee for sharing.

skwirlinator said:
If you break it down by series one could go to either to get worf, but the series separation would help clarify the content better than by actor/actress
I love graphics almost as much as links so any way you catalog them is fine with me....Kant wait to check them out and a prethanx to Miramanee for sharing.

yup got it in one.

Back