Lord of the rings Online

Both of us got back in, but I am having problems running the new client on my own computer. Runs fine on the others though. Haven't figured out how to switch to the Hi-Res... dying to see theses stunning graphics they brag about.

Stress test weekend............ LAG!!!!!!!!!!! WEEEEEE

Wow... very interesting. I wonder if that includes... *reads* .. nope.. You still have to buy the box. Ah well. $9.99 a month isn't bad these days, though, if you get the preorder.

I just got a invite to this weekend server test thing. I do not think I will have time to try it, but might jump on for an hour or so just to see what it is like.

I jumped on for a couple of hours. I enjoyed it, although, I can't really think of any elements in particular that are exceptionally noteworthy.

Indeed, I got on for an hour or so, seems like more of the same, though I suppose an hour is hardly time enough to judge. All the old Fantasy MMORPG elements are here (unfortunately).

On a positive side, the lag was minimal, even on the medium setting, much better than Vanguard, which was barely able to run on my machine even on the very lowest settings.

The graphics are not bad (probably much better if I had a better machine and graphics card). All in all, with my very limited experience, I would have to say that it is interesting, if somewhat less than groundbreaking. I may try it a bit more if time permits.

I told a friend the other night how everything in LotR:O is so "stereotypical" and then nearly got blindsided when they scolded me ... "Of course it's stereotypical! He's the one who made Elves tall, and is a major cornerstone of the 'fantasy' genre!"

... if only the game stood out as much as the books did in their time ...

Jaraeth said:
I told a friend the other night how everything in LotR:O is so "stereotypical" ... if only the game stood out as much as the books did in their time ...

I agree, after spending a bit more time in Middle Earth I cannot see how the game much resembles the books beyond perhaps a loose following of the lore. It is just more of the same old MMORPG stuff rehashed. I do not recall seeing many of these "classes" when I read the books back in high school, certainly no healing bards, or magical healers of any type for that matter. And then to go so far as actually labeling them "Tank," "Healer," "Buffer"...seems a tad ridiculous.

Personally, I had rather a more sober affair, without all the flashy, MMO cliches, one more true to Tolkien's vision. This has the feel of WoW stuffed into an LOTR shell. I was hoping for something deeper with less bells and whistles.

Nah, they had to recoup their money somehow, and dumbing it down for the most base idiots in MMORPG land was the only way they saw fit to do it.

Gah! I've been gone for so long!

Anyways, I'm definitely gonna play this, already pre-ordered the Founder set.

If anyone has a beta invite they're not gonna use I'd love to give the closed beta a try, or if I could just use your account for a few hours.... ;)

heh Stereotypical... haha That's damn funny.

For me, I like the game. It's not overly big on replay value. I Love to have alts, but only if a game has a good replay value. Once I hit 50 I doubt I'll play it again. Tad too much repetitiveness.

So worth the money? Heck yeah. Worth the $200 Founder offer... hmm yes and no. We were gonna buy a couple accounts on that offer but realized we'll have to be on the road a lot this spring and summer so probably won't have time to play till autumn. Before then I expect we'll end cap game. Guess for us it's not worth it.

Long live Roahn! Long live the King!!!

Both betas have been fun. It's not a bad game. It is not my ideal game either, but, I might buy and play it if there is nothing else better to play at the time.

Does anyone know when Beta 2 ends?
What is the release date the game?

Back