Fantasy The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)

Yeah, I'll admit I almost cried when Haldir cried. He was one of my favorite elves, besides Legolas. But I am soooo excited for ROTK...I'm already counting down!

Follower of Rambaldi said:
i have a question...who mothered arwen? are she and elrond married?
Arwen's mother is Celebrian. Yes, she and Elrond are married. She had Elladan and Elrohir (Arwen's brothers) and Arwen, and then she was captured and tortured by orcs. She got a wound that couldnt be completely healed, and so she sailed to Valinor.

btvaughn said:
Yeah, I'll admit I almost cried when Haldir cried. He was one of my favorite elves, besides Legolas. But I am soooo excited for ROTK...I'm already counting down!
I did cry... he wasn't supposed to die! :(

SiriCerasi said:
i have a question...who mothered arwen?  are she and elrond married?
Arwen's mother is Celebrian. Yes, she and Elrond are married. She had Elladan and Elrohir (Arwen's brothers) and Arwen, and then she was captured and tortured by orcs. She got a wound that couldnt be completely healed, and so she sailed to Valinor.
As soon as possible, I'm changing my name to Celebrian, either that or Luthien, luckily, my parents don't care too much.

No, the trees did not freak me out...that much, to whomever asked.

And poor poor Haldir, for me, the guy ranks above Legolas. Sorry.

SiriCerasi said:
thank you! :D

SiriCerasi said:
thank you! :D
sure :smiley:

As expected, Return of the King stole the box office top spot by a margin 600% over second place Mona Lisa Smile.

The following are estimates of the weekend's BOX OFFICE GROSS:

12/19-12/21

1. Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King - $73.6 million ($125 million 5-day)
2. Mona Lisa Smile - $12 million
3. Something's Gotta Give - $11.5 million
4. The Last Samurai - $7.3 million
5. Stuck on You - $5.4 million
6. Elf - $5 million
7. Bad Santa - $4.3 million
8. The Haunted Mansion $4.2 million
9. Love Don't Cost a Thing $4 million
10. Honey $2.6 million

The Return of the King also set quite a few records. It is now the #1 opening weekend grossing movie to open in December, beating second place Two Towers and third place Fellowship of the Ring.

It is tied with Star Wars Episode II in second for becoming the fastest movie to gross $100 million, taking it a measely four days.

It's stellar $73.6 million opening weekend is now the 7th most grossing opening weekend of all time.

It's opening-day gross of $34.5 million is the fouth most grossing single day in movie history.

It's opening "super-wide" release in 3,703 theaters is the second most released movie ever, only beaten by 38 screens by X2.

We'll just have to wait and see what Return of the King brings in over the next week and its second weekend. I predict it shouldn't fall by much and eventually become one of the largest-grossing films in existence.