Lord of the Rings

That's too bad! I loved the Hobbit too! I was thinking about how weird it would be to actually do the Hobbit. They coudl show Legolas running around in Mirkwood or a younger Gimli! He He, I crack myself up, I am Ok though, really! :shocked:

Well you think about it, Legolas would look exactly the same, but jsut to see him walking and hunting and eating with the elves of Mirkwood would be so cool! I didn't have much time to look but does it ever say when Gimli is born in the timelines or family trees? I hope so!

OK answer my own question, Gimli was born in 2879 139 during the Fellowship and when Bilbo was at the Lonely Mountain he would have been only 62 years old, his "disappearance" occured when he was apporximately 262 years old.

OK answer my own question, Gimli was born in 2879 139 during the Fellowship and when Bilbo was at the Lonely Mountain he would have been only 62 years old, his "disappearance" occured when he was apporximately 262 years old. :geek:

The Hobbit was less confusing and easier to read...so my simple mind liked it better, but they are all great!

Did anyone find it hard to read the Silmarillion?

Simarillion is a much more difficult read, especailly if you haven't studied into Middle Earth that much. So yah, it was hard! :smiley: I liked the trilogy better, though the Hobbit was awesome!

I haven't read the Hobbit, but I loved the trilogy... it was complicated, but that made it all the better. It really hooked me in, and I don't normally read these types of books.

Back