Lord of the Rings

I really recommend reading the Hobbit now, it is a totally different story but the ring and Gollum are brought up and it ties in with some occurences in the triology which is really cool!

You should definitely read The Hobbit. It odesn't have many of the main characters from the trilogy, but you understand more of LOTR, after you read The Hobbit.

Yeah, they Hobbits kool, but I dunno. It didn't do anything for me, adventure was great but, it seemed like a kids book, which i think is what Tolkien wanted it to be. But the Lord of the Rings was awesome and what I"ve read of the Silmarillion is confusing but really kool.

I finished the Fellowship of the Ring, (which I must say, was pretty damn boring) and I'm a little bit more than half way through the Two Towers, (which, I might say, I really enjoy reading. Lol.)
Nuff Said.
kylo4

FOTR I thought was excellent. when you think of the triolgy as one huge story (which it is), FOTR is bascially exposition and introducing all the characters and the history of middle-earth. ^_^

I really eyjoyed the first half of TTT too!

I've read the Hobbit and the LOTR books and i luved them. At times the trilogy went really slow but i was hooked mostly at the Third Book. I think it's the best one. I don't really read these types of books but they were probably one of the better books i've read

Existentialist said:
I haven't read the Hobbit, but I loved the trilogy... it was complicated, but that made it all the better. It really hooked me in, and I don't normally read these types of books.
Definitely...the books had me quite confused, but I was in love with the story. Especially ROTK....I think I just like closure!

the ending of rotk got a little long. i mean, after they destroyed teh ring they had the scouring of the shire, i was like :blink: shouldnt it be over?

but in the movie they arent putting that in ^_^

Back