Losing Grip

Synopsis: Sydney wakes up one morning to find herself thrown back into time. She’s in 17th century England, she has a twin sister, she’s engaged to be married to Julian Sark, she finds out that the love of her life is engaged to be married to her worst enemy, and she’s a princess! No one knows she’s really from the 21st century, and there is only one person who can help her get back … Milo Rambaldi.
AU, Pre - The Telling
Ship: S/V (main ship), a little S/S, J/I
Rating: PG-13
Disclaimer: Everything you recognize I don’t own, they all belong to JJ, ABC, Bad Robot, etc. Everything you don’t recognize belongs to me.

Please review, positive or negative!

Chapter One

Sydney Bristow’s lips formed into a small smile. She and Vaughn had gone on a date the night before. Sydney lay on the feathery mattress in her room, as she turned over on her side to look at Vaughn. She opened her eyes only slightly as she woke up slowly.

Sunlight poured into the room, and Sydney was blinded by the light. She went to put her arm around Vaughn; he was still asleep as far as Sydney knew. Her arm smacked right back down on the mattress; Vaughn wasn’t there. The slow realization then hit her:

This wasn’t her bed.

Sydney bolted upwards, now fully awake. She took in her surroundings. She was in a humungous bedroom, with Medieval art hung up on the walls. The walls were a light, pale yellow, and there were about seven windows in the room, sunlight peaking through them. There was a closet, a dresser and a nightstand in the room as well, all mahogany. She turned to look at the time. There was no clock.

Sydney jumped out of the bed, and looked down. She was wearing a nightgown. Sydney Bristow never wore nightgowns. Not only was it a gown though, it was an old-fashioned one, frills, lace and all.

Sydney definitely wasn’t in LA anymore.

Just then a woman entered the room, carrying a stack of what looked like bathroom towels. Sydney looked at her, senses on high alert, ready to fight if needed.
The woman stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Sydney out of bed, and staring at her. A surprised look crossed her face, but was instantly replaced with a gentle smile.

“Oh good, you’re awake!” The woman said cheerily to Sydney.

She looked like a servant. She was wearing what seemed to be old-fashioned clothes, much like Sydney’s nightgown. The woman’s light brown hair was pulled into a tight bun, and her puffy old dress was stained with food.

“The King and Queen are waiting for you to go come down for breakfast.” The servant said.

Sydney kept staring at her. King? Queen? This had to be some kind of sick joke.

“Come on, we have to get you dressed for breakfast, Princess.”

Princess??

The woman started to walk towards Sydney. Sydney backed right up into the wall.

“I … uh … who are you?” Sydney asked the servant woman.

The woman chuckled, and shook her head.

“Princess, I know that you’re trying to stall, but the King and Queen are waiting for you. Princess Julia is already in the dining hall.”

When Sydney’s expression didn’t change and she stayed up against the wall, the woman sighed and decided to play along.

“My name is Kate, Princess Sydney. You know that.” Kate started to walk towards Sydney again, but Sydney turned and backed up onto the bed. Kate crossed her arms over her dress and put down the stack of towels. She let out another exasperated sigh.

“Princess, the King and Queen are waiting,” Kate said.

“What is the date?” Sydney asked.

It was at that moment that Sydney realized that she had an English accent. Kate did too.

“Princess…”

“Humor me.” Sydney replied to the tired servant. She needed to know what was going on. It was obvious she wasn’t in 2004 anymore.

Kate sighed again.

“August 21st.”

“What’s the year?”

Kate rolled her eyes, which looked almost silly on the middle aged woman.

“1601.”

About 15 minutes later, Sydney made her way down to the dining hall were she was supposedly expected for breakfast. She was hoping that when she walked down there Francie would jump out and yell “Surprise!” Sydney had let Kate dress her for breakfast she wasn’t going to find out was really happening by staying in her room all day.

But that doesn’t explain the accent, Sydney said to herself.

She walked into the hall and to her surprise, sitting there was Jack and Irina, and beside them sat a mirror image of herself.

Chapter Two

“Sydney,” Jack said, his voice cold. “So nice of you to finally join us.”

Sydney was still standing in the entrance to the Dining Hall. What was her mother doing sitting beside Jack, and most importantly, who was the person sitting beside Irina that was identical to herself?

This definitely wasn’t a joke. This was reality. Sydney was obviously in some kind of alternate universe. Some kind of 17th century universe.

Irina gently touched Jack’s arm, as if to say “calm down”. He looked at her, and his eyes softened; they looked like two people in love.
Sydney couldn’t keep her eyes off the double, this was just too weird!

“Sydney, please sit down, the Royal Family of Wales will be here in just two hours, we have to get you ready.” Irina said kindly.

Sydney kept her eyes fixed on her mirror image as she went to sit down. A servant came rushing to her side to pull a chair out for her. Sydney just brushed the man aside and sat down. The three people sitting at the table stared at her rudeness. Sydney didn’t even notice.

Her double finally realized Sydney staring at her and smirked, a playful-evil glint in her eye. She stuck out her tongue out at Sydney and then went back to her breakfast. Sydney didn’t know what to make of this. Was this person her sister in this world? Was she a clone? Who was this girl exactly?

Sydney looked down at the table as Jack and Irina continued their conversation. There were about ten different pieces of cutlery in front of her. Sydney tried desperately to remember what each fork, spoon and knife was used for when she heard her name in her parents’ conversation.

“Sydney, are you ready to meet Prince Julian today? I know that you were angry at us when we told you that you were betrothed to Prince Julian. You being the first born, we need you to marry! You’re already 18 and not married yet!” Irina said.

Most of what her mother had said washed right over her head. She noticed her double scowling as Irina spoke.

“I’m 18? And engaged?” Sydney blurted out.

“Sydney!” Where are your manners this morning?” Jack said angrily to Sydney. She couldn’t help but recoil when Jack had yelled at her. She wasn’t used to having her own father angry at her.

“Besides,” Irina continued the conversation, ignoring Sydney’s outburst and Jack’s anger. “You and Prince Julian will produce beautiful children.”

Sydney couldn’t help but feel sick at this remark. She was in a whole different universe, she was royal, there was someone that looked exactly like her, her parents were still married, and she was engaged to be married to an unknown man.

Sydney left the dining hall and bolted up to her room. She needed to find a way to get out. And as soon as possible.

Eek! How was it? Please review so I know if I should continue or not :P If anyone would like me to PM them when the next chapter(s) are up just ask, I'll be happy to do it!

Everyone from the spy-world is going to be in this new world, so next chapter we'll meet more people! ^_^

YaY i'm the first to reply!

This is a really great story i cant wait to see her reaction of being engaged to Sark! Its gonna be priceless.............

.......and what is Vaughn gonna do in the present?
.......Where did past Sydney go?

Cool story! Please do continue!! Will you please PM me too? I can't wait to see her reaction to her having to marry Sark and Vaughn sould definately come into this! Hope so! *xoxo*em*

PM List

superspy
Aliasfan23
Alias Fan Gillian
musically83
bRiStOwInTrAiNiNg
sydandvaughnforever
<maya>
Fizzy Lizzy
IluvSark
!n@$en+
kittykatsmeow
ker

Chapter Three

Sydney flopped down on to her bed in her new room. The emerald dress she was wearing was puffy and uncomfortable, and when she collapsed on the bed she could hear the air escaping from it. What Sydney wouldn’t give for a hair elastic, a t-shirt and a pair of old sweatpants. Her eyes started to fill with tears as she buried her face in the pillow. Was this some sort of nightmare?

Sydney’s head shot up when she heard a knock at the door. The person standing there was her double. The person standing there was her double. The double smiled at her and bounced over to Sydney’s bed and sat down, arms flailing.

“Listen Sydney, I know that you are upset about being married, we’re only 18! Mother and Father see us as too old.” The double said.

Sydney just grunted and put her face back into the pillow. The mirror image of herself pulled Sydney by the shoulder so that they were facing each other.

This is just too weird, Sydney thought to herself as she stared back into the other girl’s eyes.

“Do you know how lucky you really are to be marrying Prince Julian??” The double asked. “Really though Sydney, even though you’re upset about marrying at all, he is one of the best looking princes out there! Other than the Prince of France.”

A dreamy look filled the double’s eyes.

“I know what you’re going to say to me,” she said. “You’re going to say, ‘Julia, you have your whole life ahead of you and you’re thinking about princes.’”

Sydney just stared at this bubbly version of herself. The girl’s words echoed in her head: We’re 18….. Did that mean that this girl was her twin?? And if she was 18 in this world, did that mean that she had lost all her spy training? Sydney put her hand to her stomach and patted it lightly. She definitely wasn’t in shape.

Julia’s sparkly brown eyes twinkled as she rambled on and on about all the princes in Britain. Sydney was still getting used to hearing her own voice in an accent.

“Sydney?” Julia said to her, as if expecting an answer.

“What?” Sydney snapped at her.

Julia’s hand flew to her mouth at Sydney’s rudeness. There was hurt in her eyes, and Julia’s brow furrowed. Sydney gaped at her, she knew that expression so well on herself.

“What is has gotten into you today?” Julia asked her. “I know you’re upset about something other than Prince Julian, I can tell, it’s a twin thing.”

Ok, so she’s definitely my twin, Sydney thought.

When Sydney didn’t answer, Julia got off the bed, the hurt shown on her face.

“I’ll see you at lunch.” Julia said, and walked out of the room, and she shut the door behind her.

Sydney walked around the garden of the castle. Once Julia had left, she had decided to explore this new world she was living in. By asking a few servants, she had found out that she was part of the Royal Family of England! Sydney had come to the conclusion that she definitely wasn’t in a dream; this world was as real as she was.

She slowly strolled around the path that separated the endless rows of flowers and greenery. It was beautiful, but Sydney missed her old world. Sydney Bristow had obviously existed in this world, but not the same Sydney Bristow that was in this world now. Was the Sydney from 17th century England in 21st century Sydney’s body? If Jack and Irina were here was everyone else here too?

Sydney looked up at the sky, the pure blueness of it giving her a feeling of warmth. At least some things were the same.

“Hello, Princess.” A voice said from behind her, sending shivers up her back. Sydney knew that voice too well, and she knew who it belonged to.

“Sark.” Sydney grunted under her breath.

Sydney turned around and was looking straight in the face of Julian Sark. The way he looked at her was almost as if he was undressing her mentally. Her arms flew up to her chest and she crossed them. This couldn’t be who she was engaged to, could it? Sydney had to fight all her instincts not to run away or kick him, because she remembered that she had lost all of her spy training.

Sydney closed her eyes for one moment, and in the next second she felt Sark’s lips upon hers. His lips were soft, and a spark went through Sydney’s body. He had her head in a vice grip so Sydney couldn’t break away. She tried to resist, and the second he loosened his hands she broke away.

Slap!

Sydney’s hand flew across his face, resulting in Sark holding his cheek. Sydney wiped her lips on the sleeve of her dress, and Sark looked at her in astonishment.

“Princess,” Sark said, mumbling., still holding his face. “We’re going to be married, we should at least get used to being intimate.”

Still the same arrogant b****** in 17th century England. Sydney thought to herself.

She turned and sauntered away, leaving Prince Julian of Wales watching her walk off, an amused and astonished look in his eye. She was going to be his, whether she liked it or not.

Sydney walked back into the castle, to be greeted by Julia. She had obviously been watching the spectacle outside, and Sydney could tell that she was in for a scolding by her younger twin.

“What in bloody hell was that?” Julia asked.

Sydney walked past her, but instead of gaping after her like a fool, Julia followed her, walking just as fast.

“Sydney, what has gotten into you today?” She asked again.

Sydney stopped walking, her arms flying up into the air. She looked at her twin in her lavender dress, Julia’s eyes expectantly awaiting an answer.

“Listen Julia, I don’t know what gotten into me. I have no clue what is going on here, my life is a mess right now!”

Sydney said this, and angrily pushed open the door in front of her. She banged into someone, and when she looked up to apologize, she was staring into a pair of bright green eyes.

She was looking at Michael Vaughn.

Ok, there's chapter three! Please try to remember that this isn't a historicaly accurate story, I don't really know what times were like back then, just guessing ;) Please review, it's the reviews that make me want to write more!

ooh.....let Julia marry Julian....and prove S/V should be together in ALL times!

lol....write more soon, k? commercial's over....more ALIAS!

what happens. please tell me that syd ends up with vaughn or should i say the prince of france. he is the prince of france isn't he?

Back