Losing Sydney

Hey guys, sorry i haven't updated in like... months. :lol: But i am working on the next chapter. I probably won't be able to post it until after Christmas though, i'm really busy right now.

Thanks for reading ^_^

~Kay :cool:

Ok, bad news. I really did have the next chapter almost ready but then my computer crashed and i lost the file. I'm working on rewriting it now but school's really busy with speech contest and science fair...

Hey guys, I haven't forgotten about this fic. Here's the next chapter. Please read and review.

~Kay ^_^

Chapter Three

<O> <O> <O> <O> <O>

Sydney stood at the pier, preparing to jump when she hears his voice.

“Sydney!” he yells. She turns to face him and smiles slightly.

“Don’t follow me and don’t try to find me.” She whispers. She didn’t want him to die. Not today. Not like this.

“Sydney no!” He screams again. She ignores him and lets herself fall.

The last thing that Sydney hears before she falls is him screaming her name out. She’s glad that the last thing she’ll hear is his voice. She always loved how his voice sounded.

And for just one moment, she forgets everything as she falls. She feels so free, like she’s flying. The wind pushes her hair around wildly and she gets the sudden urge to scream happily and laugh. She wishes that this moment could last forever, but it’s over all too quickly.

She hits the cold water with a small splash. For a moment it’s peaceful and she just floats aimlessly. The cold liquid surrounds her as she continues to sink.

Then she gets caught in the current. The peace she felt has vanished.

She’s tossed from side to side so violently that she can’t tell which way’s up. She feels her lungs burning. Her eyesight gets fuzzy. She knows that it’s only a few more seconds before everything is all over and the pain goes away.

She wants so badly for the pain to go away.

But then she hears a voice.

“Sydney.”

She gasps and swallows a small amount of water. Choking slightly, it takes a minute to register that the voice she hears is Vaughn’s.

“Sydney, don’t do this.” Vaughn’s haunting voice echoes through her head.

She nearly laughs at how real his voice sounds.

“Sydney, you’re strong than this.” His sweet voice fills her ears. She fights the burning in her lungs, just wanting to hear his voice some more. God, she’s missed his voice.

“Syd you need to fight. I know that it’s been hard, but you need to be here. This isn’t just about you.” Vaughn says harshly. “This isn’t just about you Syd. You’ve got so much to fight for.”

She smiles and forgets the pain coursing through her as her body begs for air. His voice is so sweet, even when he’s angry. She misses him so much.

There’s an eerie pause before her hallucination of Vaughn whispers one last thing. “Think about the kids, Syd. Our kids.”

Sydney let out a small gasp and also swallowed a large amount of water. What kids?

“Come on Syd. Try to remember them.” Vaughn repeated.

As Sydney began to slip out of consciousness, an almost dream like memory came to her.

*Flashback*

Sydney was sitting in the corner of a dark cell on a dirty old mattress. It had been almost 8 months since her fight with Alison Doren. 8 months since her funeral.

Her hand rested protectively on her large belly.

She was pregnant.

She was trying so hard to be quite but the contractions were getting more intense.

She didn’t want them to hear her.

Because she knew that they would take her child away. They would take away the most precious thing in her life.

But her efforts don’t succeed. They hear her. The doctors rush in and carry her into the makeshift hospital room. They strap her down, making sure she can’t escape.

The doctors are silent, only whispering quickly to each other.

After what seems like an eternity, she hears the faint cry of her baby. The only thing that she is told is that she’s got a baby boy. Then he’s carried away to the next room.

Before she can protest, another contraction hits. She was having twins.

The doctors turn to her and tell her to prepare to push again. She’s having twins.

Once again, she’s only told that it’s a girl before the doctors disappear.

They don’t even give her a chance to hold or name her children.

*End flashback*

She’s frozen for just a moment, trying to wrap her head around this memory. She tries to fight the current, to get back to the surface, but she doesn’t have the strength anymore.

Then she feels a strong arm wrap around her waist. She knows it’s him. She knew his touch anywhere.

Is she dead already? Is this what heaven was like?

When they finally broke the surface, she began greedily gasping for air. Vaughn held her close and maneuvered them to shore. A crowd had gathered and they were waiting at the shore. Fortunately for them, Weiss was one of them.

Weiss pushed through the crowd of concerned civilians and walked to his two best friends.

People began to protest when he started leading them away, insisting that they wait for the paramedic but Weiss flipped out his CIA badge. “I’ve got this taken care of.” He said.

He silently led them to his parked care. They climbed into the back and he tossed them a blanket and pulled onto the freeway. After driving for a few minutes, he finally tried to break the awkward silence.

“Well you guys are lucky that I decided to be lazy and go to the beach today. Otherwise, you’d still be getting mobbed right now.”

Vaughn cracked a feeble smile and Sydney just sat beside him, silent.

She knew that they would both ask her millions of questions and was grateful that they had given her this time to collect her thoughts.

The truth was that she just couldn’t take it anymore. It was just so hard to be around Vaughn and not be with him. It was hard having her heartbroken every time Vaughn and Lauren kissed. But it was so hard being gone for two years. So much had happened, she had missed so many things. And it killed her not remembering a thing from her missing years. During 6 months of therapy, she hadn’t remembered a single thing until her near death experience today. And that was because of Vaughn. Maybe he was the key to getting her memory back. But was she willing to have her heartbroken again to put together the pieces of her past?

She wasn’t sure, but she knew that she would do anything to find her children. Isabelle and Ryan. That’s what she would name them. But first, she needed to be sure that it was real and it wasn’t just a dream.

She wasn’t going to tell Vaughn yet. Or Weiss. The only person she really trusted with this information was her father. She’d have to get out of Vaughn and Weiss’s interrogation quickly and find her father.

The lives of her children might be depending on it.

Weiss finally pulled into Sydney’s driveway. Vaughn cautiously looked over at her before helping her out of the car.

“I’m just going to go and change.” Sydney said in a quiet voice. Thankfully, they let her go. She could feel Vaughn’s worried eyes staring at her as she disappeared into her room.

“Ok, so tell me, what were you really doing down at the pier.” Vaughn said as soon as he was sure Sydney was out of earshot.

“What do you mean?” Weiss asked.

“For a spy, you’re a horrible liar.” Vaughn said.

“Hey, that’s only because you’re a spy too. It would have worked on anyone else.” Weiss argued.

“I’m not even going to get into that.” Vaughn said, smirking. “Just tell me what you were doing there. I know there was supposed to be a big meeting.”

“There was, but Lauren said you wouldn’t answer the phone so she sent me to check up on you. And when you weren’t there, I went to the only other place I’d thought you’d be.” Weiss replied. “Ok, now it’s your turn. I talked to some of the witnesses. They said that you came and tried to stop her right before she jumped. How did you know?”

Vaughn was silent for a while before finally letting out a sigh. “You’d never believe me.” he said.

“Vaughn, we’ve both seen a lot of craziness in this job. I think that I’d believe whatever happened.” Weiss said.

“I… I had a dream. Actually, it was more of a premonition. I had just come home from work and there was letter from Sydney. It said that she was leaving to start a new life somewhere. It said that she couldn’t handle being here anymore. And I knew it was my fault. So I left and drove to the pier and Sydney was standing there and she jumped… and I didn’t have the guts to follow her or call the police because she asked me not to. So I wandered around to the train station and the palisades and I ended up at Danny’s grave. And that’s when I really broke down and lost it. After then, I went to the warehouse and I… I killed myself.” Vaughn said. “So today I went to the rink and skated around a little and I came back home and I saw Sydney’s letter. It was exactly like I remembered in the premonition. So I went to the pier and tried to stop her.”

Weiss remained silent. He knew that his best friend was still madly in love with Sydney.

But the thing that scared him was that he knew that if anything happened to Sydney, Vaughn wouldn’t be able to survive.

<O> <O> <O> <O> <O>

PM LIST
Let me know if you want on or off...

derevkointraining
NadiaSantosFan
cookiemonster
angels_fire_88
farliieansds225
syd-157
dark shadow
_Freelancer_
jc_alias
oooRevesDouxooo
SpyGirl426
blknight
Mountaineer
sydneymicheal
sark_forever47
apofieldagentnadiasantos

That's aweful! OMG! I'm so glad Syd's ok and that Vuaghn was a good Boyscout and followed her and saved her. He always saves her, doesn't he. Now she just needs to trust him and he needs to leave Lauren! Can't wait for another update!

Oh my god. . .Thats amazing!
She had Twins?!
Wow. . .This really is a fantastic twist. . .
I cant wait for more!
Please update soon and thanks for the pm!

Zoe

TWINS! And the had premonitions about each other... Is it time to kill Lauren yet?? :smiley: Someone better check on Syd, she probably snuck out... Great update, can't wait for the next chapter

That was so intense...Hopefully Syd and her father will figure
out what is true and she will tell Vaughn and Weiss...
Thanks for the pm.

I was wondering what happened to this fic! That was so intense...had a lot of things I didn't see coming...

I'm still on the Pm list. :D

Chapter 4

<O> <O> <O> <O> <O>

“I’m just going to go and change.” Sydney said in a quiet voice. Thankfully, they let her go. She could feel Vaughn’s worried eyes staring at her as she disappeared into her room.

Sydney quickly locked the door. She grabbed her phone and ran into the bathroom. She turned on the faucets, hoping that the water would help drown out her voice, just incase Weiss or Vaughn were listening.

Her fingers flew across the buttons as she dialed the number she had memorized. As the phone rang, she studied her reflection in the mirror. The woman that met her eyes looked tired and exhausted, like there wasn’t an ounce of energy left in her body. Sand and sea water coated her face, giving her the appearance of a homeless woman who got caught in a violent storm.

“Hello?” her father’s gruff voice halted her examination.

“Dad, I… I remembered something.” Sydney said. “When I was kidnapped, I was pregnant. With twins.”

“Is Vaughn the father?” Jack asked calmly.

“Yes.” Sydney replied. “Dad, I need you help. I need to find them.”

“I’ll be over there in 20 minutes.” Jack replied.

Sydney sighed and turned off the water. Her father had taken that information surprisingly well. She hurried over to her closet and changed into a pair of sweats and a tank top. She pulled her hair up into a messy pony tail as she walked out to the living room.

“I… I had a dream. Actually, it was more of a premonition.” Vaughn’s melancholy voice drifted through the air. Sydney paused, hiding behind the wall. “I had just come home from work and there was letter from Sydney. It said that she was leaving to start a new life somewhere. It said that she couldn’t handle being here anymore. And I knew it was my fault. So I left and drove to the pier and Sydney was standing there and she jumped… and I didn’t have the guts to follow her or call the police because she asked me not to. So I wandered around to the train station and the palisades and I ended up at Danny’s grave. And that’s when I really broke down and lost it. After then, I went to the warehouse and I… I killed myself.” Sydney breathed in sharply but waited for him to finish his explanation. “So today I went to the rink and skated around a little and I came back home and I saw Sydney’s letter. It was exactly like I remembered in the premonition. So I went to the pier and tried to stop her.”

She couldn’t stop the tears from falling and decided to step out, breaking the eerie silence.

Her eyes link with Vaughn’s. The slow trickle of tears quickly turns into a steady stream. Vaughn steps forward tentatively, not sure what to do.

His heart is telling him to walk over to her and kiss her, taking all the pain away. But his brain is screaming at him, reminding him that he’s married.

Eric watched his friend battle internally. He silently cheered for him to listen to his heart. Weiss almost broke out into a victory dance when Vaughn closed the gap between him and Sydney, taking her into his arms.

Weiss stood in the shadows a little longer, watching his two best friends. He knows that they still love each other. Heck, everyone knows. They never stopped and they never will. They’re soul mates. And nothing can stop fate.

Weiss silently slipped out of the house. He’s done all that he can. The rest it up to them.

<O> <O> <O> <O> <O>

After a while, Sydney’s sobs subsided into sniffles and Vaughn finally speaks.

“Why, Syd?” He asked. “Why’d you do it?”

“You already know Vaughn. Don’t pretend like you don’t.” She said. There’s silence and she finally speaks. “Why do you think you had that dream?”

“I’m not sure.” Vaughn said, resting his chin on her head. “I think that we have such a deep connection that somehow, subconsciously maybe, I knew you were going to try and kill yourself. The thing that scares me is that… if I hadn’t jumped in and saved you… I might have actually killed myself.”

Sydney breathed in sharply. She turned in Vaughn’s embrace and looked at into his beautiful eyes. “You wouldn’t have done that.” She argued stubbornly, not wanting to believe the words that had come out of his mouth.

“I would. I almost did.” He looked away. “When you were taken 2 years ago… I… I couldn’t get out of bed for a week. And when I did, it was to go to your funeral. I started drinking. I probably went to every bar in town, drinking myself into oblivion. It was the only way to get rid of the pain. And then I started talking to you. Like you were sitting right next to me. Just small stuff. Like what car I should get next or what should I have for dinner and then it turned into whether or not I should I have another drink. And then one day you started answering me. I could actually hear your voice. And even though rationally I knew that… I was just a guy who stayed up late drinking and talking to his dead girlfriend… I… I couldn’t stop. I loved you so much that your death nearly killed me.” Vaughn whispers.

Sydney looks up at him, the tears sliding down her cheeks. “Promise me that no matter what happens to me, you won’t kill yourself. Promise me.”

“I promise Syd. Just please don’t leave LA.” Vaughn says.

“That’s just not fair.” Sydney protests, pulling away. “It hurts so much to just be here, sitting next to you…”

“So we can’t just be friends?” Vaughn asks.

“No, I can’t be around you without wanting to be with you. I know it’s selfish and that it might seem stupid, but it’s the truth and I… I don’t want to have my heart broken again.” Sydney says. Right now, she’s so mesmerized by his emerald eyes. She can still see the love he has for her. She feels herself being drawn closer to his lips. Their noses touch before she finally comes back to her senses. “I think you should leave.” She whispers, pulling away.

“Syd…” Michael’s voice is hoarse. He was so captivated by her beauty that if she hadn’t spoken up, he would have kissed her. He wants so badly to just kiss her again. It’s been 2 long years since the last time their lips touched.

“No, I just need some time to think right now.” Sydney says leading Vaughn to the door.

“Ok, just please don’t do anything stupid.” Vaughn says. Sydney nods and begins to close the door. Vaughn stops her. “Syd, I… I know that I hurt you and I understand that you’re scared… but I’d like to do this again. We have a lot to talk about and… I’d like to try and regain your trust and friendship.” Vaughn saw the skepticism in her eyes and added. “I know that I messed up and should have talked to you earlier but I… just think about it, ok. I don’t want this to be the last time we talk to each other.”

“Ok. Bye Michael.” Sydney whispers, a small smile on her lips. She’s glad that he’s trying but she’s not sure she wants to do this. She knows it will open up the wounds that she’s tried to close and she’s tired of getting hurt.

<O> <O> <O> <O> <O>

The scene where they almost kissed was so totally awesome Kay!
I just love the way you describe the emotions they felt for each other. . :sigh:
i really hope she opens up to him. . .

By the way im really so happy you updated this fic Kay!
I really loved the update. .
Please update soon!

Hey thank you guys so much for reading :hug:

PM LIST- let me know if you want on or off ^_^
derevkointraining
NadiaSantosFan
cookiemonster
angels_fire_88
farliieansds225
syd-157
dark shadow
_Freelancer_