Loss Of Innocence

Ok, first of all, it's been ages... sorry for that. Both our lifes have been busy but we try to be better and update more often and we still intend to finish this fic so please stay with us :smiley:

Chapter 18

“Okay. Tell me, and I'll try to help you if I can.” She replied.

Michael paused for a few seconds, wondering if he really should tell her about Sydney’s problems. On the other hand she didn’t know her, so no harm done.

“She’s… I think she’s using drugs.” Michael said quietly, all his fears for her coming back.

“Oh… well, this is difficult.” Theresa replied, taking a deep breath, “What exactly do you want to know?”

“How I can help her. She’s ruining her life and I want to help her.” Michael answered her question with a tone that made clear how much he cared about her.

“That’s not that easy,” Theresa sighed.

“I know, but there’s gotta be something I can do.” Michael said desperately.

“Does she want your help?” Theresa asked skeptically.

“No, not really.” Michael mumbled in response.

“Then what do you want to do? You can’t force her. If she’s not ready to get help, there’s really nothing you can do.” She told him, knowing that this wasn’t what he wanted to hear.

“But I have to do something.” Michael said harshly and then quickly apologized for it. He knew she was only telling the truth.

“What did you have in mind? She won’t go to any facility where they could help her.” Theresa reminded him.

“What would I have to do if I did it alone?” Michael asked.

“Alone? You mean without professional help?” Theresa sounded worried and Michael understood why. It probably would be very risky and it was very likely he would have to force her, which was on top of all illegal.

“Yes.” Michael answered hesitantly.

“It’s hard, you won’t like it. The withdrawal symptoms are hell, and it’s gonna hurt you to only watch her, Michael. You can’t do that on your own.” Theresa said carefully, wanting to make him understand that what he wanted to do was difficult.

“I don’t have any other choice.” Michael replied quietly.

“Convince her to get help.” Theresa tried again.

“She won’t. Please, help me.” Michael pleaded and he could hear her sigh.

“Okay,” She finally agreed, “But if you get in trouble, I never gave you any advice.”

“Sure,” Michael laughed lightly, “So, what do I need to do?”

“First, if she’s not willing, you’ll have to lock her in. And keep in mind, if it doesn’t go as planned, you can get in serious trouble.” She said seriously

“I know.” Michael responded, “What else?”

“Well,” Theresa sighed, “There’s not much you can do. You should get painkillers but besides that, you can only watch and be there for her.” She went on telling him all the possible symptoms that would probably occur and Michael felt himself getting sick. The image of Sydney having to go through that was awful and he didn’t know if he could watch her suffer. Though, what he knew was that there wasn’t really another way, not if he wanted to help her.

“Thanks Theresa.” Michael said after she had finished.

“That’s not all, that were only the symptoms you have to prepare yourself for.” Theresa told him quietly.

“Oh, okay, what else do I need to know?” Michael wondered if he really knew what he getting himself into.

Somehow he had imagined this whole thing easier. Well, maybe easier wasn’t the real word for it but he had had no idea what exactly it meant when had decided to help Sydney. Now, he was slowly processing how hard it would be.

“It takes at least four to eight days until the withdrawal symptoms draw off, that’s already hard but it doesn’t get easier after that. The physical addiction is the one part, but the emotional is the other one.” Theresa started to explain, “If you just leave her on her own after that, she will go straight back to the heroine. She will need therapy and she will need help to get through this.”

“Okay,” Michael nodded even though he knew Theresa couldn’t see him.

“Are you really willing to commit yourself to this? Because you can’t just leave her hanging halfway through.” Theresa asked a bit skeptically.

“Yes, I am sure.” Michael said with certainty in his voice, “So, therapy, right?”

“Yes, and she needs professional help. There are medicaments that would help her fighting the need to take drugs again.” Theresa said.

“Okay, now I only need to find a place for it.” Michael mumbled, trying to think of one. And then he had to find a way to get her to it. She surly wouldn’t come willingly.

“Michael, be careful and be sure you’re strong enough for this.” Theresa said concerned, “But she’s lucky to have you.”

“I’ll be sure to tell her when she’s screaming at me and god knows what.” Michael chuckled lightly, “But I’m sure that I can do this, I have to.”

“Okay, Michael.” Theresa replied, “I gotta go now, a surgery, but call me if you need anything else and good luck.”

“Thanks,” Michael said, “I’ll talk to you soon.”

“Bye,” Theresa hung up and Michael stared at the phone for a few minutes, wishing she could be here to help him. But she couldn’t. Therefore he had to do this on his own.

please review and let us know you're still there.

PM list:

PointguysGirl
syd26
SpygirlAmy
grassyass
vaughnshoney
sabbiee_co
sparklingrainbow
dandan
vaughnroxmysox
derevkointraining
Catpin
hannahb
freelancer79
farliieansds225
texasalias2004
Ms.MichaelVaughn
jadeygirl
SydneyVaughn47
AliasSydney502
tunita
smartgirl2004
Meljay
Kate_14
vaughn4eva24
secret_agent_angel
aliasfan212
sand2604
funkymonkey
sydneyv22
vaughnsgurl4lf
cookiemonster
ChrisM
sydneymicheal
Prediction 47
fire*N*ice

Addicted 2 Alias
6helterskelter6
phoenix shotgun 47
albob
les400coups
malumader
Faye Vaughn
tubby
MontrealRocks
Agent Bristow-Vaughn
NadiaSantosFan
Ava47
Illinilover2315
Sydney Derevko Bristow
campcathryn

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU sooooo much for updating!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yayness...

Wow, I only process now what Michael has gotten himself into. Of course I can see where he is coming from since he wants to helps her and also is head over heels for her.

I wonder how all this is going to work out for them...

Now comes the angsty part....and I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!! đź‘…

*hugh*

your cookie

I don't think Michael really knows what he's gettting himself into. Plus he has to find a way to get Sydney to go with him. I wonder if he tell her the truth or trick her to go with him.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Once again, it's been ages...But we hope you still want to read... :smiley:

Chapter 19

Michael tossed and turned in his bed until the wee hours of the morning. His talk with Theresa was still running through his mind. She had given him some good advice. Now, he knew what he needed to do. His only problem was how to get there. And that...that was a big problem. Getting her to talk to him for only five minutes was already going to be hard, but to convince her to come with him somewhere was going to be near impossible.

He needed a plan, one that wasn't going to backfire on him when he put it into action. He had been trying to find one since he had ended his phone call with his childhood friend. His current sleepless state was the result of his inability to find one.

But he knew he needed to do something and do it soon. He wasn't going to let her keep on doing this to herself any longer. He couldn't. He may not have known her for long, but he knew she was better than the life she was living.

The reason why she was doing it hadn't been hard to understand. Once he had seen the way her hands shook and the look in her eyes, it had been clear to him. It hadn't been the first time that he had seen something like that and he wasn't going to stand by and watch her destroy herself. A part of him couldn't understand how she had ended up where she was and what had happened in her life that pushed her to use drugs.

He felt his heart clench as he remembered the look in her eyes when she had realized that he knew. A mix of pain and disappointment, as if she thought that now that he knew he was going to run the other way. She might have tried to push him away, but he knew that deep down it was only her fear which was making her do this. Well, he was going to prove her wrong. He was going to help her...weather she wanted or not.

Michael leaned against a cracked wall in the dark alley behind the club. He knew he couldn't go inside the club since Sydney would probably ask one of the guys to send him out like the last time. But it was early in the morning and her shift was probably going to end soon.

He hadn't seen her in a few days and he was starting to worry. It had taken a few days to get everything ready between finding a good place to go and convincing the principal to give him a few days off. But since the end of the year was close, he had managed to get them. Before, when he hadn't known what her life was like, he had wondered why she was pushing him away but in the last few days every time he went to bed he hadn't been able to stop from worrying. All kinds of questions had been running through his head, causing him to loose sleep. Where was she? What was she doing? Was she okay? Was is crazy plan going to work?

Now that he was there, waiting for her to get out, he knew he had only one chance. If this didn't work, she would never let him get near her again. And he needed to help her. He couldn't loose her. She had become too important to him.

He cringed as he thought about what her reaction was going to be like when she understood what he was doing. He just hoped that in time she would forgive him...and that she wouldn't kill him for doing this.

A few minutes later, he heard the door on his right open and saw two woman get out. They left quickly, not paying attention to him, probably wanting to get away from this place as fast as possible. It took a few more minutes before he saw Sydney get out herself.

She looked tired, her features worn and dark. She didn't see him at first. It was only when she started searching for something in her bag that she noticed someone was there.

"What the hell are you doing here"” She asked, her voice tinged with disbelief.

"I need to talk to you," He answered calmly.

"And I thought I made myself clear when I told you to stay out of my life," She answered angrily, "So,...again...what are you doing here?"

He sighed. She was going to make it as hard as he had thought she would.

"Yes, I know," He replied slowly, "And I understand that..."

"Then..."

He cut her off before she could say anything else,"If you let me finish what I was trying to say, I'll leave you alone."

Sydney looked at him, her eyes full of doubt but she let him talk anyway. She sighed, nodding her head.

"I need your help." He said, shaking his head when he saw her open her mouth ready to argue with him. “It's for the insurance. We forgot to sign a paper when we went there after the accident and they need it to close the case.”

Confusion was etched upon her face and he begged god silently to let her believe him. He knew his story was phony but it was the most believable he had found. All his other ideas had just been too far fetched and unbelievable. He wanted to cross his fingers to get some luck but he knew he needed to keep his face as neutral as he could.

She seemed to start accepting it, after all she had no reason to doubt him or think he was lying to her.

After a few seconds, she sighed, apparently accepting his explanation. “What do you need?” She asked quietly. Maybe if she helped him, he would leave.

"We need to go see the one who is taking care of our case. He has the papers we need to sign. That's all," He said, "As soon as it's done, I'll leave you alone since you don't want me in your life"

She looked dubious but finally said. "Okay, when do we need to go?"

"Now," He answered.

"What? ...Michael I can't..." She answered.

"I told him we would come this morning and with the traffic, if we don't leave now, we will be late. Please Sydney..." He said pleadingly, "My car is here. I promise you once it's over, I'll drive you to a taxi station and leave you alone."

"Okay...okay," She finally agreed after thinking about it for a few seconds.

They walked toward his car and got in. A few minutes later, they were on the road, a heavy silence between them. It took Sydney a few minutes to notice that they weren't following the right road. She remembered the road they had taken before and it certainly wasn't this one.

"Michael," She said slowly, her voice full of confusing, "I think you took the wrong road. I mean..."

"I know," He cut her off quietly.

"What?...What are you doing?"

"Helping you," He answered calmly.

"I don't need your help. Let me go." She shouted at him.

"No." He answered strongly.

"And what are you...Are you kidnapping me?" She half shouted incredulously.

"No...Yes...No." He tried to answer. "You need help and I'm gonna help you."

"Seriously...how can.." She almost screamed, her voice trailing off as she saw the seriousness on his face.

She wanted to hit him or jump out of his car and then kill him. But they were in the middle of the highway and she couldn't do anything. She was stuck here, completely shocked at this turn of event, and could only watch as he drove. Where to, she didn't know.

Please R & R

PM list:

PointguysGirl
syd26
SpygirlAmy
grassyass
vaughnshoney
sabbiee_co
sparklingrainbow
dandan
vaughnroxmysox
derevkointraining
Catpin
hannahb
freelancer79
farliieansds225
texasalias2004
Ms.MichaelVaughn
jadeygirl
SydneyVaughn47
AliasSydney502
tunita
smartgirl2004
Meljay
Kate_14
vaughn4eva24
secret_agent_angel
aliasfan212
sand2604
funkymonkey
sydneyv22
vaughnsgurl4lf
cookiemonster
ChrisM
sydneymicheal
Prediction 47
fire*N*ice
6helterskelter6
phoenix shotgun 47
albob
les400coups
malumader
Faye Vaughn
tubby
MontrealRocks
Agent Bristow-Vaughn
NadiaSantosFan
Ava47
Illinilover2315
Sydney Derevko Bristow
campcathryn
Mcabello

Great update. I hope it doesn't take you to long for another update. Michael needs to tell her where they are going . She is going to be really mad at him

texasalias

Right now, Michael is trying help Sydney but she really doesn't appreciate it. In fact, I can see where she may never forgive him even if the treatment does do her some good.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

He felt his heart clench as he remembered the look in her eyes when she had realized that he knew. A mix of pain and disappointment, as if she thought that now that he knew he was going to run the other way. She might have tried to push him away, but he knew that deep down it was only her fear which was making her do this. Well, he was going to prove her wrong. He was going to help her...weather she wanted or not.

I'm so glad that Vaughn decided to help her! It's going to be a rough time for both of them, but we know what their feelings are for each other, even though they don't know them yet themselves... :rolleyes:

His plan was a little sneaky but now we gotta cross fingers and hope for the best! She sure is going to be pissed at him but she will be thankful later đź‘…

At least I hope so... otherwise I'll be all :(

Thanks for the update!!!!! Can't wait for more to see where he's taking her to...

Back