Loss Of Innocence

awww poor vaughn he got hit by a car in the 1st chapter

this looks like a great story
can i get a pm

i bet something was on syd's mind thats why she hit vaughns car

Well, Michael has the perfect excuse for missing the teachers' meeting!

I wonder what was on her mind that caused her not to pay attention while she drove through the intersection? I'm also wondering if the woman is Sydney?

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Hey!!

Great start! Poor Vaughn, but he does indeed have a perfectly valid excuse for missing the meeting!

Was the woman Syd!?

Please keep me on the PM list! I want to read more! Thanks for the PM!

:eek:ldhi:

Chapter 2

Half an hour later, she saw two nurses wheel him into an empty room. She stood up and walked towards the door, waiting for the nurses to leave. When they got out, she stopped them.

“How is he?” She asked, a bit afraid of the answer. Hopefully he wouldn’t be too bad.

“Are you family?” The nurse asked back.

“No,” She shook her head, knowing what probably would come now, “But I caused the accident.”

The nurse looked at her empathically, “He’s gonna be okay, but I can’t tell you anymore.”

“Thank you.” She gave her smile, relieved to hear that, “Can I go in?”

“I think that’s okay.” The other nurse nodded.

She went in and sat down next to the bed, looking at the man lying there. His left arm and right leg were in a cast, so they were probably broken. Guilt took her over once more. How could this have happened? It was one moment that she had been deep in thought, not paying enough attention on the road. And wham, it had happened.

She had sat there for another ten minutes when he started to stir and slowly opened his eyes, blinking a few times to adjust to the bright light. Michael looked at the woman next to him, he didn’t know her and wondered who she was.

“Hey.” He said, his voice a bit raspy.

“How are you feeling? I’m so so sorry.” She apologized sincerely, glad that he was awake. That was always a good sign.

“I’m okay, I guess.” Michael replied, looking at his arm and leg in casts, “Though I won’t play hockey for a while.” He gave her an amused smile and in spite of how bad she was feeling, she had to smile too.

“I’m Sydney, by the way.” She introduced herself, “Sydney Bristow.”

“Michael Vaughn.” He did the same, “So what happened?”

“I… I crashed into you. God… I’m so sorry for that.” Sydney explained what had happened earlier.

“It’s okay. At least now I have a good excuse for not being at the staff meeting.” Michael tried to make her feel better. He could see that she felt really bad about the accident and he didn’t want her to beat herself up about it. And it was true, that way he didn’t have to attend a boring meeting. “Otherwise I would have been late, which would have been bad.”

“Well, then you’re welcome. Anytime.” Sydney chuckled lightly and Michael had to laugh too. “What do you work as?”

“I’m a teacher here in New York.” Michael answered, “What about you?”

Sydney swallowed, trying to think of what to say now. Fortunately the doctor came in that very moment, saving her.

“I see you’re awake. How are you feeling?” The doctor walked towards them.

“My head aches a bit but otherwise I’m fine.” Michael told him.

“I’ll get you something for your head.” The doctor wrote it down on the chart.

“Thanks.” Michael replied.

“So, your left arm and right leg are broken and it takes at least six weeks before they’re healed again.” He said though Michael already knew that. “You will need help at home. Is there anyone in your family that can help you?”

“I’m afraid not. They don’t live in New York.” Michael answered, thinking about what he would do now. His grandparents couldn’t take care of him, so he would have to ask his friends to help him from time to time.

“Okay, I’ll see if I can get you help from somewhere else.” The doctor said and wrote that down on a piece of paper.

“I’ll do it.” As soon as the words were out, Sydney wondered why the hell she had said them. She was somewhat shocked by her own words. On the other hand it was logical, she felt guilty and it was her fault and the last she could do was help him.

“You don’t have to.” Michael declined her offer nicely, knowing why she had offered it.

“It was me who put you in this situation, so I’m gonna help you.” Sydney explained, leaving no doubt that she was serious and wouldn’t let him change her mind.

Though it didn’t stop him from trying, “Really, you…”

“I will, no use to fight.” Sydney cut him off and he nodded in agreement.

“Good, you’re taken care of. You can leave the hospital tomorrow.” With that the doctor left the room to look after his next patient.

“Thank you.” Michael gave her a warm smile. He was happy that he would see her again, though he wouldn’t tell her that just yet. She was beautiful and seemed really nice, which her offer had just proven.

“It’s the least I can do.” Sydney smiled back at him. Then she gave her watch a look and noticed how late it was. “I need to go now. I’ll pick you up tomorrow morning, okay?”

“Sure.” Michael nodded and watched her leave, already wishing it was tomorrow.

ok, you know the deal, REVIEW :lol:

Hope everyone like the chapter

ok...Here's the PM list

PointguysGirl
syd26
SpygirlAmy
grassyass
vaughnshoney
sabbiee_co
sparklingrainbow
dandan
vaughnroxmysox