Loss Of Innocence

sigh. i had to re-read this story, again, b/c i forgot what it was about b/c the updates are so infrequent.

so many secrets. wonder what's going on.

thanks for the PM.

YAY update! :woot:

hehe... I can't to read more about them getting to know each other... I wonder what you have up your sleeve and everything else that will happen! :lol:

I'm so curious... :P

Sydney is going to be tired if she continues to work the night shift then has to take care of Michael during the day. It'll be interesting to see how thing go along for them.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Hmm what is Syd hiding!!!? :Ponder:
-I'm glad Vaughn is going home...cuase now they can get to know each other better!!!
Can't wait for more! Thanks for the pm!!

flexed her right hand a few times as she saw it tense and tremble slightly. Sydney saw Michael looking at her in the rearview mirror and smiled at him “It's nothing. Just a cramp.”
what does the hand cramp mean? does it have a meaning or am i reading too much into it?

ooo interesting...glad they are getting to know eachother better..and i love that vaughn is stealing glances at her! lol thanks for the PM!!

:eek:ldhi:

Chapter 4

“There we are.” Sydney said as they walked into his apartment, taking a deep breath. Having to walk up three flights of stairs, helping Michael all the time, was exhausting.

“Maybe you should sit down, you don’t look too well.” Michael suggested grinning and pointed at the couch in his living room.

“Oh, thanks.” Sydney said with fake hurt, “This house really could use an elevator.”

“I know.” Michael slightly sighed, “I won’t even think about the difficulty of getting up and down.”

“Well, how about you just don’t leave your apartment until all is healed.” Sydney gave him a smirk.

“Great idea.” Michael rolled his eyes and then laughed.

“That’s what I thought.” Sydney chuckled. Slowly she got up and walked around the room, giving it a closer look.

The room was nice and cozy, the walls painted in warm colors. On them, prints of some pictures of famous painters were hanging and on one of the shelves, there were some pictures standing. She walked closer to them and looked at them.

Most of them showed landscapes of places he seemed to have been and on one he was at a very young age and a woman and a man, assumingly his parents were standing next to him, all smiling into the camera. On another one where he also was older, he stood next to two older people.

Sydney wondered if those were his grandparents and she also wondered why there were no pictures of him with his parents at an older age. Unsure of whether she should ask, she decided to wait until they knew each other better.

And she also didn’t quite want him to ask her personal question, knowing she couldn’t be honest with him. Not completely at least. There where too many things in her life that had went wrong, for some of them she was to blame, for others she wasn’t. But she wasn’t proud of it and there was no reason Michael needed to know. She would take care of him as long as he needed her and then they probably would go separate ways.

“Found anything interesting?” Michael asked after she had been standing there for a few minutes, not saying a word and seemingly lost in her thoughts.

“Um… no, I was just looking at the pictures.” Sydney turned and walked back to him.

Michael glanced at his clock at the wall and noticed that time seemed to have flown by and that she had spent quite some time driving him from to hospital home. “No that I don’t like you being here, but uh… don’t you have to go back to work?” Michael asked hesitantly. He didn’t want her to leave but he also didn’t want her to loose her job because of this.

“Yeah,” Sydney said and got up quickly, realizing she really had to go so that she wouldn’t be late.

“Will you come back later or only tomorrow?” Michael asked, hoping for the first.

“I’ll come by after my shift.” Sydney answered, putting ‘shift’ in quotation marks in her head. Well, it was a shift though probably different than what he had in mind.

“See you later then.” Michael smiled at her and Sydney rushed out of the door.

At nine pm sharp Sydney was standing in front of Michael’s apartment again, using the key, he had given her before to open it. She felt tired and just wanted to go to bed since she would have to be at the club at midnight again but she had promised to come by again so sleep had to wait. And she had no doubt that she would stay awake during work for it was very unlikely to be calm today.

“Hey.” Michael greeted her as she walked in, still sitting on the couch.

“Did you move at all?” Sydney asked chuckling.

“If you believe it or not, I did.” Michael replied, “Just not very far.”

“So, what do you need?” Sydney asked and sat down next to him.

“Care to order something to eat, I would have done it myself but it’s too far away.” Michael shrugged laughing and pointed at the other side of the room.

“You must be happy the TV remote was near you.” Sydney said while she stood up and grabbed the telephone.

“Well, otherwise I would have started to knit or something, that way you can pass time, too.” Michael laughed.

“Without knitting needles?” Sydney raised an eyebrow.

“Okay, point taken.” Michael said as he realized it himself, “Though it would have been fun.” He added and tried to sound seriously.

“I can always bring you something.” Sydney offered after she had made the call for food but Michael gave her a look saying ‘thanks but no thanks’.

“What do you teach?” Sydney asked after a moment of silence.

“Arts and literature.” Michael replied and gestured Sydney to sit down next to him again.

“Really?” Sydney asked surprised, “I wouldn’t have guessed that.”

“What do you think I would teach?” He looked curiously at her.

“I don’t know, P.E. maybe.” Sydney shrugged.

Half an hour later their food got delivered and they spent the rest of the evening chatting about everything and anything. To Sydney’s delight, their conversation never got too personal though she doubted that it would stay that way. Shortly after eleven she announced that she had to go now but she promised to come by the next morning again.

“Bye, Sydney.” Michael said, as she got ready to leave.

“Bye.” She waved at him and left for another night of work, work she felt bad for doing but had no other choice.

please update :angelic:

PM list

PointguysGirl
syd26
SpygirlAmy
grassyass
vaughnshoney
sabbiee_co
sparklingrainbow
dandan
vaughnroxmysox
derevkointraining