Loss Of Innocence

As she strolled along the different aisles, she grabbed a few items here and there. She remembered they had no more fruits or vegetables so she decided to go there to take some. Pushing her half-full cart in the direction of the fruit section, she walked a little more quickly, wanting to get out of the supermarket before rush hour hit.

She stopped abruptly as another cart hit hers around the corner of an alley. As she looked up toward the person who hit her, she almost fainted on the spot. She groaned inwardly as she heard him start to apologize before he saw her face.

“Oh my god... Sydney?” Michael said, shocked to see her again like this, before he started laughing softly, “We really have to stop crashing into each other like this... Although this time it's my fault.”

“Michael.” She stammered, “I... You... What are you doing here?”

“Same thing as you I guess.” He smiled.
That was really awesome. . .I just love how they bumped into one another. :smiley:

and i dont care about Aliens!
Or any excuse. . .You'll need to update. . . Lol

I miss this fic so much... any chance to have an update soon?

Or are you still hoping on completing it? :angelic:

cookums
Uhm, it's probably my fault that there's no update. I still need to finish the next chapter and then we'll update. I doubt I could convince Deb otherwise :blush: I just don't know when that will be, hopefully soon.

And of course we're still hoping on completing it. :P

Not hoping Mary... -_- ...We will finish it. We love this story so we will finish it.

As for me between exams and two death in my close family in the last two month I wasn't in the mood to write a lot. But now I am again and I need to read your new story cookie... :D

Mary's gonna post the new chapter in a few minutes and send PMs but it might take some time since both our exams are coming in the next 3 weeks...But we will do our best not to let too much time pass between updates... ^_^

Okay, so after some really long time, a new chapter. We'll try oour best not to take so long for the next one but no promises.

Chapter 12

The first thing Michael did was walk to the counter and ordering two cups of coffee, telling the woman to take her time. He figured that the longer the coffee took, the more time he had to talk to Sydney. Maybe he could even convince her to meet with him again. He wondered why she didn’t want to see him, it had seemed as if they had been friends.

While Michael was thinking about how to get her to stay longer, Sydney was trying to find a reason to leave soon. From the table she had chosen, she watched him making his way towards her. She rubbed her eyes and had to stifle a yawn. She couldn’t wait to get caffeine.

Having just come from a night shift she was tired and wanted to go to bed, not have a conversation with Michael where she had to try and tell him again that she didn’t want to see him again without being able to tell him all the reasons for it. On the other hand, if she told him, he wouldn’t want to see her again for sure. But she was certain that this would hurt too much either way.

“I ordered for you, I hope that’s okay?” Michael asked while sitting down.

“Yeah, sure. Anything with a lot caffeine is more than okay.” Sydney nodded, having to yawn again.

“Rough day at work?” Michael asked sympathetically.

“Like you wouldn’t believe.” Sydney muttered, trying to forget the pieces she did remember. She knew how to get rid of them. Later.

“Do you wanna talk about it?” Michael offered, interested to learn more about her life and her work.

“Not really.” Sydney shook her head and looked away to the counter, wondering when the coffee would come.

She knew she couldn’t talk about her work since he didn’t even know where she worked and all this stuff. Plus, this way she could also keep her distance. Tell nothing and you won’t get close to each other. That was a good motto and she was going to stick with it.

“Okay, how have you been?” Michael asked, oblivious that he had already asked her that before.

“Well, the answer’s still the same as half an hour ago.” Sydney replied, chuckling lightly when she saw an embarrassed expression appear on his face.

“Sorry,” He muttered, scratching the back of his head, giving her a sheepish smile.

“It’s okay,” Sydney laughed, “So, you started working again?” If she was here anyway, she has well could make some small talk.

“Yes, three weeks ago.” Michael answered.

“And did your students miss you?” Sydney grinned, remembering that she had been happy about every class she didn’t have because the teacher was ill and she didn‘t think that had changed.

“Like mad. All I got to see where happy faces that I finally was back.” Michael joked.

Michael noticed that so far this was going well. Maybe he could really change her mind. Everything seemed to be like it had been until his casts had been removed and Michael wondered what had changed, why she had been pulling away, not wanting to see him again.

It was as if Sydney could read his thoughts. Suddenly she was growing uncomfortable, shifting on her seat, “I have to use the restroom,” Sydney excused herself and stood up, walking towards the restrooms.

Michael watched her, shaking his head slightly. Sydney was able to change her behavior in a matter of seconds, from relaxed and joking to uncomfortable and anxious to get away. He sighed and thought of what to do. He knew she had a boyfriend and all but he couldn’t help but have feelings for her and wanted to see her again. But if Sydney didn’t want that too he had no chance. He didn’t know where she lived or where she worked.

Then his look wandered to her purse that was lying on the chair next to him and an idea came to his mind. He couldn’t, could he? That wasn’t right. On the other hand that was his chance to see her again. Slowly he reached for the purse and then quickly took it, trying to look as nothing was going on. Of course, no one was caring anyway.

When he opened the purse, he was feeling guilty. And he was feeling like a stalker. Going through her purse, trying to find an address to coincidently cross her path again. ‘When did I turn into a crazy stalker person’ Michael thought, shaking his head. Nevertheless, he went through it, searching for any clue.

The first thing he found was a matchbox with the name of a club he had never heard of. Figuring she worked there and probably wouldn’t miss; he put it into his own pocket. Before he could look for more, he saw Sydney coming back again and he quickly put the purse back.

“You okay? You look a bit…” Sydney was still trying to find the correct word to describe it when Michael already answered.

“Yeah, I’m fine. It’s just the coffee.” Michael pointed at the cup in front of him.

“Oh, did they finally bring it.” Sydney sighed, relieved she soon could leave.

“Yes.” Michael nodded.

Sydney hurried to empty her cup and then told Michael that she really had to go now, get some sleep before she had to work again. Of course she declined Michael’s invitation to meet again. Though, this time Michael wasn’t that sad, he had an idea of where to find her and that was all he needed.

On Friday Michael dragged Eric into the bar from which the matchbox had been. It had taken him some convincing but finally Michael had agreed to come along. When they were inside, Michael looked around.

“Oh my god.” Michael said shocked.

:angelic:

okay, since we don't update this much, if you want off the pm list, just tell us and don't worry, we won't be hurt :smiley:

for everyone who still reads, please review :D

PM list:

PointguysGirl
syd26
SpygirlAmy
grassyass
vaughnshoney
sabbiee_co
sparklingrainbow
dandan
vaughnroxmysox
derevkointraining
Catpin
hannahb
freelancer79
farliieansds225
texasalias2004
Ms.MichaelVaughn
jadeygirl
SydneyVaughn47
AliasSydney502
tunita
smartgirl2004
Meljay
Kate_14
vaughn4eva24
secret_agent_angel
aliasfan212
sand2604
funkymonkey
sydneyv22
vaughnsgurl4lf
cookiemonster
ChrisM
sydneymicheal
Prediction 47
fire*N*ice

Addicted 2 Alias
6helterskelter6
phoenix shotgun 47
albob
les400coups
malumader
Faye Vaughn
tubby
MontrealRocks
Agent Bristow-Vaughn
NadiaSantosFan

OMG i have missed this fic so much!! and that was a really mean cliff hanger lol :P
loved it! cant wait to see what he does/ says when he sees syd!! :D
thanks for the PM :smiley: cant wait for more!

Aww no promises for an update Mary? *pouts* so not fair....

And OMG! How could you leave us there!! :jawdrop: with that cliffhanger? And im almost glad he looked in her bag. . .

Thanks for the pm . . .And. . . . . .UPDATE SOON!!!!!!!!!!

Great update. It's wrong that Michael went through her bag, but I'm glad he'll finally find out what she's been doing. Hopefully he can get her away from that life.

YA you updated!!
-Syd isn't going to be very happy when she sees him there!!
But hopefully he can get her to leave her job!!
-Loved it! Thanks for the pm!

Michael now knows what Sydney does for a living and it shouldn't be long before he realizes she's going drugs too. It'll be his turn to help her but the question then becomes, will she let him?

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

I just read it all. great story. PM me when you update, please

I just read it all. great story. PM me when you update, please

Don't you dare take me off that PM list or I'll.... 🍅 hmmm... :P

:jawdrop:

OMG OMG OMG OMG.... I can't believe you left it there though... that's waaaaaaay mean... mean, mean, mean -_- <- cookie pout

But this update still was sooooooooo good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for updating :hug: in means so much to me! The only thing I want to know is that you finish this off :angelic: I can understand when RL sucks and people got lots to do.... ;) And sometimes the muse is also on vacation :rolleyes: tsk!

I soooo wanna know what's gonna happen next.... Michael though is soooo :love: with her

:smiley: cookie

Back