Loss Of Innocence

I can't believe he went through her purse...
but hey at least he was able to find something to tell him where he
could find her again...
Now I want to know what kind of bar she works at and hopefully Michael won't
regret knowing Syd because of where she works.
Great Update...
Update again soon please.
Thanks for the pm.

well since the board has kept on throwing me out before I will try again to review :smiley:angry: to the board)
I loved the update and please update soon.
I wnat to know what he found out :woot:

I just caught up and read the whole story and I love it and can't wait to see what will happen next!

Can you add me to the PM list too? THanks!!

So here it is. And we've both finished our exams which means more time to write...lol :smiley:

Chapter 13

Michael made his way inside the club, his eyes widening even more as the seconds passed by. Eric followed him closely behind, is mouth opening and closing as if he wanted to say something but couldn't find the words. Michael spotted a table recently vacated and walked toward it. As they sat down, Eric was the one to finally break the silence.

"When you said you wanted me to come with you, you should have just told me you were taking us to a strip club... Would have been easier to convince me." He said, a slight laugh escaping him at the end.

"Shut up." Michael growled, "I didn't know." He looked around. The club looked more or less like any other clubs. Tables, a bar, podiums, loud music and waitresses in very small clothing serving the men who were avidly watching the women dancing.

As the minutes went by, Michael looked even more shocked. How could Sydney work here? He couldn't reconcile the sweet woman he knew and the fact that she was doing that kind of job. What had happened to have her end up here of all places?

"So..." Eric started, "Not that I don't enjoy the invite but what are we doing here?"

"Sydney." Michael answered quietly.

"What?...What about her?" Eric asked completely oblivious.

"She works here." Michael swallowed, his voice a bit raspy.

"What?" Eric shrieked before lowering his voice "How do you know that?"

Michael had the decency to look away a little ashamed at how he had obtained that information. "I found this in her bag." He answered showing Eric the matchbox.

"In her bag!?" Eric replied leaning toward his friend, "You went through her purse? Seriously? I'm not the best in the romance field but even I know that you never, ever look inside a woman's bag without her consent."Eric shook his head at his friend, wondering what had gotten into him.

"Don't you think I know that?" Michael answered angrily, "I just wanted to know something...so I could see her again."

Eric couldn't believe what he was hearing. He pinched the bridge of his nose trying to understand what had happened to his usually level-headed friend. "Maybe she doesn't work here. Maybe she just had it for some reason." He reasoned

"No, she does." Eric heard the quiet and pained voice of his friend.

He looked up to where Michael was watching. They both saw Sydney, clad in a short leather black skirt, a low v-neck leather red top with straps in the back and black high-heels, getting out of the dancer backstage area, her skin slightly flushed as if she had just finished dancing. Both of their eyes widened at the sight and they watched as she made her way toward the counter where the bartender gave her a plate with drinks. She made her way toward a table at the back to give a man his drink. Michael felt the sudden urge to punch the guy as he saw the leering way he was looking at Sydney.

For the next 15 minutes, he watched her as she served clients and ignored the ones who tried to feel her up. He didn't want to go despite Eric's effort to convince him to leave before Sydney saw them.

"Come on Michael." Eric pleaded one more time, "We should leave while we still can. When she sees you and guesses how you found her, she's gonna kill you."

Michael answered "no" one more time. Then he did something he already regretted a second later. He motioned toward the barman and then their table. He watched as he called Sydney and pointed toward them. From his position, he was hidden by Eric so Sydney couldn't see him. During the few seconds it took her to reach their table, he cursed himself. What was he going to tell her? Would she answer his questions? Was she going to be angry?

"Hello gentlemen." She started in a sultry voice "What can I..." She looked up from her notepad at that moment.

"Oh God." Sydney gasped as she saw Michael just in front of her. The questions ran through her head at an amazing speed. She couldn't understand why he was here or how he had found her because she knew this couldn't be just a chance meeting. She closed her eyes. This couldn't be possible. She had done everything she could to make sure he wouldn't find out and now he was here. She closed her eyes as she felt shame wash upon her.

When she opened them again, Michael could see that her eyes were unnaturally glassy and her voice was shaky.

"How... How did you find me?" she asked quietly

Michael looked like a deer caught in the headlights. He didn't know what to answer and could only sigh as he watched Eric shook his head and muttered what sounded suspiciously like an 'I told you so'.

He knew he could only tell her the truth, though he was pretty sure that she was most likely going to be furious.

Taking the matchbox from the table, he held it up in front of her. "I found this in your bag. I'm so sorry...I..."

Instead of the anger he was waiting for, he was only met by the expression of pain and betrayal that settled o her face. That was worse and it killed him to know it was because of him.

"How could you do this to me Michael?" She asked, brushing away a tear that had fallen from her eyes.

Before he had the time to say anything else, she started running toward the same door she had come through earlier. He didn't think and before he knew it he was out of his seat and running after her. He followed her inside a long corridor and stopped in front of the door. She was in there and he needed to talk to her, to say how sorry he was, anything. He turned the knob and went in.

TBC

PM list:

PointguysGirl
syd26
SpygirlAmy
grassyass
vaughnshoney
sabbiee_co
sparklingrainbow
dandan
vaughnroxmysox
derevkointraining
Catpin
hannahb
freelancer79
farliieansds225
texasalias2004
Ms.MichaelVaughn
jadeygirl
SydneyVaughn47
AliasSydney502
tunita
smartgirl2004
Meljay
Kate_14
vaughn4eva24
secret_agent_angel
aliasfan212
sand2604
funkymonkey
sydneyv22
vaughnsgurl4lf
cookiemonster
ChrisM
sydneymicheal
Prediction 47
fire*N*ice

Addicted 2 Alias
6helterskelter6
phoenix shotgun 47
albob
les400coups
malumader
Faye Vaughn
tubby
MontrealRocks
Agent Bristow-Vaughn
NadiaSantosFan
Ava47
Illinilover2315

ETA: Freelancer79 and albob, sorry but I can't send you a PM. It seems your inbox is full.

Michael should have listened to Eric for once. haha I can't beleive that he actually went to see if she works there I hope that he can get things straighted out.

texasalias

More Time To Update? Yay!!!
and awesome update. . .gosh Syd is really gonna feel majorly embarassed. :hide: however Im glad he confronted her though. . .Cant wait to see how their talk goes. . . .

Thanks for the pm. :smiley:

Michael found out one of Sydney's embarrassing secret but he's still has to find out that she does drugs- that will be the real low point for her. Hopefully, Michael will be able to help her get her life back together.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

YAY I'm beyond happy to have you people back!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome i can't wait to read more of this... I missed it so much

Before he had the time to say anything else, she started running toward the same door she had come through earlier. He didn't think and before he knew it he was out of his seat and running after her. He followed her inside a long corridor and stopped in front of the door. She was in there and he needed to talk to her, to say how sorry he was, anything. He turned the knob and went in.

Well we all knew that it wasn't Vaughn's smartest moves, but they feel something for each other!!! They need to get together!!!!!!!!! :blush:

cookums

:D

so, I'm on vacation at the moment and this is one of my two days with internet after two weeks of none, so I thought I update :D

Chapter 14

How could he do that? How could he go through her purse, looking into her personal things? He had had no right to do that. Sydney had had a reason not to tell him anything personal. And the look on Michael’s face had told her just how right she had been.

Grabbing her purse she frenetically went through it, searching for the only things that could make her feel better now. She felt angry but mostly she felt embarrassed. Embarrassed that he now knew about a certain part of her life she had never wanted him to know about. Finally, she found it and laid it out on the table, taking a deep breath while trying to calm down. Her hands had to stop shaking before she could do anything.

Just as she was ready, there was a knock on the door and she recognized Michael’s voice, pleading to come in. He didn’t wait for a response and opened the door, giving Sydney hardly any time to hide it.

“What do you want?” She asked angrily, turning around to face him.

“Apologize.” Michael said quietly, stepping inside the room to take a look around.

It looked kind of the way he had imagined it. There weren’t many things around, hardly any furniture, plain white almost gray walls and dim, white light.

“For what? Going through my personal stuff or coming here even though I obviously didn’t want to see you again?” She felt her cheeks grew hotter and she knew she was turning red. Both, out of anger and mostly embarrassment.

“I know I shouldn’t have but…” Michael started to apologize again.

Sydney raised her hand to silence him, “Yet you did.”

“I wanted to see you again.” He continued, trying to explain his reasons for his actions.

“And that gave you the right to do that?” Sydney said harshly, crossing her arms in front of her while looking at him challenging.

“No, of course not, I just didn’t know what else to do. How else could I have seen you again?” Michael asked, hoping she would at least try to understand his reasons. After all he only did it so that he had the chance to see her because running into her again by chance hadn’t seemed very likely, still didn’t.

“Why? I mean you don’t know the slightest thing about me.” Sydney stated. She inwardly hoped he wouldn’t say something like ‘because I like you’ or even worse.

“But I’d like to get to know you.” Michael gave her a small, weak smile, “Can’t we just meet again and talk about it, somewhere else?” His expression changed from a pleading to a lightly disgusted one, directed at her working place.

Even though Sydney didn’t like that place herself, she did her very best not to flinch at that comment. He was despised by this place and her job, that she was sure of, it was like he was disgusted of her as a person and Sydney couldn’t stand that thought. If she wanted to admit it or not, she cared for him and his reaction hurt her. Which was exactly the reason she had wanted to stay away from him in the first place.

“You should go.” She said quietly, staring at her things on her table because she didn’t dare looking at him anymore, afraid of what else she might see there. Disgust, sympathy, pity, him liking her. And she didn’t know which was the worst of it.

“Please, Sydney?” Michael stared at her, hoping she would face him again, having eye contact with him again. He could take having her shouting at him, being angry at him but her being this quiet and hurt was more than he could bear. He reached out to touch her arm.

“Please what?” Sydney jerked away but looked up at him, anger flickering in her eyes, “What do you want? I helped you because I felt guilty, that’s it.”

“I don’t believe that.” Michael shook his head slightly, trying to step closer to her again, “We could try and start again, we were friends and we could be again.”

“And what in my previous actions gave you the impression I would want that?” Sydney snapped at him. Why couldn’t he just leave her alone? Wasn’t it obvious that she didn’t want to see him again?

“Well, you helped, visited me every day and we were getting along really great. What changed?” He asked her the question he had pondered about many times before.

“Nothing, I helped you and then you were alright. I left and didn’t want to see you again, but what did you? You went through my personal belongings and came here.” Sydney said harshly and sighed, the sadness clearly auditable in her voice, “I never wanted you to find out. You’re happy now?” She asked, her voice now just above a whisper.

“No, I’m sorry. I didn’t want to see you this way again but I needed to see you again. You really mean something to me.” Michael confessed, “This was the only way.”

Sydney looked at him, shocked by his admission, and her throat went dry, “You should go.” She managed to choke out. So whatever, he seemed to have feelings similar to her own but she was far too messed up to even think about maybe being in a relationship with him. And she had David. He was a sweet, caring guy and just as equally messed up, which probably was the reason they were good together.

“Sydney…” He started again only to be cut of by her.

“I have a boyfriend, and I love him.” That was close enough to the truth. Okay, she didn’t love him but he still meant a lot to her. “We…” She paused to take a deep breath, knowing what she was going to say now would hurt Michael and she didn’t like doing that, “We weren’t friends. You even proved that.”

A knock at the door saved Sydney from hearing things that could have made her change her mind. A guy that looked like one of the security men in strip clubs you often could see in bad Hollywood movies but Michael didn’t doubt that he in fact was that kind of guy.

“Are you ready, you on in five minutes again.” He informed her, giving her a smile and Michael guessed that that guy cared about Sydney. Not that he could blame anyone for that.

“I’ll be right there.” Sydney made an attempt to leave but Michael tried to hold her back, earning a glare not only from Sydney.

“Is that guy bothering you, Syd?” He asked her, sounding concerned.

She thought about his question for a moment. It didn’t seem as if Michael was going to leave on his own so she made a quick decision, “Yeah, can you take him outside?”

“Sure thing.” He nodded and gave Michael a look that told him better to follow and not mess with him.

you know what to do now... yes, right: REVIEW
give me something nice to read for when I'm back home in a week and have internet access again :smiley:

PM list:

PointguysGirl
syd26
SpygirlAmy
grassyass
vaughnshoney
sabbiee_co
sparklingrainbow
dandan
vaughnroxmysox
derevkointraining
Catpin