Loss Of Innocence

Michael knows where she works but the bouncer has told him to stay away. His only option, now, is to find her home. Unfortunately, if things turned out badly when he found her the first time, the second could be even worse. He'll find her with the drugs.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

ok...We have no excuses for taking so long to update but we hope you keep reading this story. :grinning:

Enchanted put me in a good mood this week so I wanted to update. :smiley:

Chapter 16

It was raining, no pouring, as Sydney made her way towards the door of the club. She glanced at her watch, groaning when she realized that she would be late if she didn’t hurry. Quickening her steps, she cursed her clock for not working. After getting hardly any sleep the last day, she had overslept and was running late.

When she got closer to the door, she could see a person standing there. A very familiar person. And he was obviously waiting for her. Contemplating her options, she knew she didn’t have a chance but walking by him. If he let her. The club had only one door, so whether she liked it or not, she had to face him.

“What are you doing here?” Sydney asked angrily as she stopped in front of him, one arm resting on her waist, while the other was clutching to her umbrella, hoping she wouldn’t get too soaked. Then she shook her head, “You know what? I don’t care. Goodbye Michael.”

She turned to leave and walk inside but Michael grabbed her elbow and held her back. “Believe me, you don’t want to do that.” Sydney looked at him threatening, “Let go.”

Michael removed his hand and held them up in surrender, “One minute, please.” He pleaded with her.

“No, yesterday was enough, I don’t need a repeat.” Sydney said coldly.

“I want to apologize.” Michael said softly, “One minute.”

“I really don’t have time. I have to go to work.” She hoped he couldn’t see her wincing slightly at the word ‘work’. “I’m already late as we speak.”

“Then after your shift.” Michael suggested.

“Let it go Michael.” Sydney gave him a sad smile, “Just leave me alone and move on with your life.”

“I won’t.” Michael said stubbornly, “I’ll wait here till you shift is over.”

Sydney sighed deeply in response, “Do as you wish. But it’s cold and wet, you’re going to get sick. I won’t be done for a couple of hours.

“I don’t care. I’ll be here when you get out.” He replied determined.

She sighed again and turned to walk to the door. When she reached it, she gave him one last look over her shoulder and said sadly, “Don’t waste your time with me. I’m really not worth it.” Then she disappeared inside.

“Yes you are.” Michael said quietly when she was done.

She had been right, it was cold but he didn’t care. He was determined to wait until she got back out so that maybe he could talk to her again. He had to apologize again. Make her understand how important she was to him and that he for sure didn’t waste his time with her. No matter what.

Sydney rested her head on her hands. Another exhausting shift was over and she couldn’t wait to get home and into her bed. Sleep was all she wanted right now. Disappearing in dreamless sleep where nothing was bothering her, where she had no problems at all, where her mind could just have some much needed rest.

She briefly wondered if Michael really was still standing outside and was waiting for her. Then she shook her head and decided that he wasn’t. No one willing to wait hours just to get a rejection yet again.

Slowly she got up from her very uncomfortable chair, put in her coat and grabbed her purse. She left the room and said various people goodbye and went out of the club like every day. When she saw Michael standing outside, she stopped dead-track. That was a hallucination, right? She had to be hallucinating. There wasn’t another explanation for what she was seeing.

“You’re really still here.” Sydney stated stunned.

“I told you I would wait.” Michael shrugged lightly.

“Yeah, but I didn’t believe you.” She replied, wondering what she should do now. Just walk away? Talk to him?

”Well, you should start believing in what I’m saying.” Michael smiled at her, “So, do you have time now or do you have to be somewhere else important?”

She thought about it for a moment before answering, “Actually…” She stopped when Michael gave her a look clearly saying ‘Whatever story you will tell me now, I won’t believe it’. “No I don’t. Well, except for my bed and that’s why I’m leaving now.”

Without waiting for a response, she turned around and started walking away. Michael hurried to follow her and soon caught up with her. “I don’t have a cast anymore. I can keep up with you, so will you just stop and talk to me.”

“No,” Sydney just replied, keeping her eyes straight ahead, refusing to look at him.

“Sydney, damn it.” Michael groaned frustrated and grabbed her arm.

“What? What do you want from me?” Sydney snapped at him and stopped walking, finally looking at him, “I have no idea what you want? I’m nothing special, more the contrary, so just let me go. Live your life and let me live mine. Separated.”

“I can’t do that.” Michael shook his head.

“Why?” Sydney looked at him desperately, silently begging him to go and never come back to her again.

“I like you, you’re important to me. I want you in my life.” He explained to her.

“I can’t give you that.” Sydney felt the familiar feeling inside her, the one that told her that she needed it again. She moved her fingers lightly, hoping it would stop them from trembling and Michael wouldn’t notice. Carefully she tried to pull her arm away.

“I know you have a boyfriend and all, and I’m not asking for a relationship but…” His gaze fell on her hand when he felt Sydney pull her arm away, noticing something worrying. “What’s that? Are you okay?”

“I’m fine.” Sydney said defensively, putting her hands inside her pockets, hiding them.

“No you’re not.” Michael said with emphasize.

He reached out and took her hand, forcing her to pull them out of her pockets again. She tried to pull away but he wouldn’t let her. Staring at her hands, he saw them trembling and when he took another look at her he could notice just how bad she looked. After those signs, it didn’t take much for him to put one and one together.

“Sydney…” He said quietly.

TBC

PM list:

PointguysGirl
syd26
SpygirlAmy
grassyass
vaughnshoney
sabbiee_co
sparklingrainbow
dandan
vaughnroxmysox
derevkointraining
Catpin
hannahb
freelancer79
farliieansds225
texasalias2004
Ms.MichaelVaughn
jadeygirl
SydneyVaughn47
AliasSydney502
tunita
smartgirl2004
Meljay
Kate_14
vaughn4eva24
secret_agent_angel
aliasfan212
sand2604
funkymonkey
sydneyv22
vaughnsgurl4lf
cookiemonster
ChrisM
sydneymicheal
Prediction 47
fire*N*ice

Addicted 2 Alias
6helterskelter6
phoenix shotgun 47
albob
les400coups
malumader
Faye Vaughn
tubby
MontrealRocks
Agent Bristow-Vaughn
NadiaSantosFan
Ava47
Illinilover2315
Sydney Derevko Bristow
campcathryn

aww that was great!
i have missed this story!!
i hope that she will let him help her!!
loved it :D
cant wait for more!!
thanks for the PM

I'm no longer active on this board but I couldn't resist the update to your fic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's always on my mind and I'm soooo glad you updated 👅

Sydney doesn't look good at all... I guess she's pale, feels weak and needs some more crack. That's going to be bad on Michael because it's very tough to get rid of it!!!!! I know MIchael will be there for her, I just wish Sydney would have a little bit more faith in her and that she's much more worth than she makes herself believe!!!

YAY for the update :hug: cookums

Well, I'd say yes, but I have to talk with my dear co-writer first :LOL: so it's a definite maybe 👅 so, look for a maybe update on Sunday. And well, if I manage to finish another chapter till then, it will be a definite yes. I guess you'll have to wait and see...

Happy Holidays you all :D

Chapter 17

He whispered her name once more as he held onto her still shaking hand. His eyes stayed on it, wondering how he had not noticed it before. They had spent weeks together and he hadn't seen anything. Sure, he had noticed the way she always seemed to be tired, but he had attributed that to the fact that she worked night shift and still found time to come and help him, despite him telling her she didn't have to. But now looking at her, he could see how exhausted she was, her face pallid and worn. He had already seen this before when his friend had convinced him to volunteer in her center for young runaways. The fatigue, the shaking.

He looked up, his eyes making contact with hers. He saw the way her eyes widened, a haunted look coming over her features as she realized that he knew. Her head dropped, as if ashamed, before she sighed deeply.

“Let me go Michael...Please.” She pleaded with him, her voice growing somber and heavy.

“Syd...How...Why...?” He stammered, not knowing what to say to her.

“What?” Sydney whispered.

“Why do you do that?” He finally managed to ask. He wanted to understand how she had ended up here, what had happened in her life.

His words, although she couldn't hear any accusations in them as opposed to the other night, seemed to snap her out of her trance. She wrenched her hands away from his, suddenly angry at him. Why couldn't he understand that this was none of his business, that she was not good for him? They were from two different worlds and they didn't belong in each other's life.

“Do what?” She asked forcefully.

“You know what I'm talking about.” Michael replied just as strongly. “I know what that means.” He said pointing toward her hands.

“You don't know anything.” She shouted, her eyes burning with anger.

“You're taking drugs and we both know it.” He answered forcefully, anger starting to burn within him at the way she kept pushing him away.

“This is none of your business.” She said tightly.

He could see the anger rising in her by the second and he knew trying to confront her anger with his own would only infuriate her more, so he tried to calm down and reason her. He leaned toward her, putting his hands on her arms.

“Let me be your friend Sydney. Let me help you. You need help.” He said quietly.

“I don't need help!” She shouted as she pushed him away from her. “I've always been fine on my own...When are you gonna understand that I don't want you in my life, that I don't need you? I'm fine. I don't need you to come into my life and play prince charming to the damsel in distress.”

Her words rang in his head and stung him deeply but he couldn't let it go. He cared too much about her to leave her like she was nothing to him. He would help her, whether she wanted him to or not.

It took him a few seconds to clear his head from her words but it was what it took for her to start running. He could only watch as she ran away from him once more. Knowing he wouldn't be able to follow her as she knew the area better than him, he let her go. He knew she would be back here to work sooner or later.

Michael walked inside his apartment, banging the door behind him. He threw his coat toward one of the chair in the kitchen, not really caring where it would end up.

He walked toward the sink of the kitchen. Turning the water on, he threw some on his face. Straightening up, he put his hands on the edge of the sink, his thoughts running a mile a minute. He wondered where Sydney was and what she doing at this moment. If she was okay. He couldn't understand how he had not seen it before. He had seen her hands shake a few times during the weeks she had helped him, but it had never been as much as tonight, and the way she always evaded any questions that was too personal.

He knew he needed to help her. But he didn't know how or where to start or what to do. He tried to think of something when the idea struck him. He crossed the room and went to grab the cordless phone. Sitting down on the couch, he quickly punched in the number.

Michael waited for a few seconds, waiting for someone to pick up. When he heard someone answer, he quickly asked, “Hello. Is Dr. Laurence on call?” He asked, “Could you tell her Michael Vaughn wants to talk to her?” He continued. “Thanks.”

He waited for a few minutes until he heard the grumpy voice of his childhood friend.

“You better have a good reason to wake me up from the first hour of sleep I've had since my 36 hours shift started.” She said.

He laughed, “It's good to know some things never change Theresa.”

“Yeah, yeah” She answered, her voice affectionate. “Well, we can't all be nice teachers with a 9 to 5 job.”

“You're so funny.” He replied laughing.

“So, I guess this isn't a courtesy call since you're calling me in the middle of the night.”

“No, it's not.” He answered, his voice instantly loosing its warm tone.

“What's going on?” Theresa asked. She had known Michael since they were kids so she knew that, whatever it was, had to be important.

“I need your help on something.” He replied quietly.

“What is it?” She asked worried by the tone of his voice. “You're not sick or anything like this?”

“No...No...It's not me.” He quickly said. “It's a friend of mine. She's in trouble and I don't know how to help her.”

Any other time and she would have teased him about who the 'she' was but she knew that now wasn't the time.

“Okay. Tell me, and I'll try to help you if I can.” She replied.

so, that was our present to you, now give one to us... Review! 👅

PM list:

PointguysGirl
syd26
SpygirlAmy
grassyass
vaughnshoney
sabbiee_co
sparklingrainbow
dandan
vaughnroxmysox
derevkointraining
Catpin
hannahb
freelancer79
farliieansds225
texasalias2004
Ms.MichaelVaughn
jadeygirl
SydneyVaughn47
AliasSydney502
tunita
smartgirl2004
Meljay
Kate_14
vaughn4eva24
secret_agent_angel
aliasfan212
sand2604
funkymonkey
sydneyv22
vaughnsgurl4lf
cookiemonster
ChrisM
sydneymicheal
Prediction 47
fire*N*ice

Addicted 2 Alias
6helterskelter6
phoenix shotgun 47
albob
les400coups
malumader
Faye Vaughn
tubby
MontrealRocks
Agent Bristow-Vaughn
NadiaSantosFan
Ava47
Illinilover2315
Sydney Derevko Bristow
campcathryn

I might consider this as an early Christmas give... meaning my first one :P so Iammore than happy... haha :lol:

Oh Michael knows somebody in the medical field-that is good :smiley:

I guess that maybe later on Sydney might feel jealous or something along the line to Theresa... me loves...

But most important WTH did she have to run away????? We all know that she had to because of the angsty part but still.... Michael is only there to help her.... :angry: (cookie grumble)

THANKS SO MUCH for the update...and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

cookie

I'm glad Michael decided he couldn't help Sydney on his own, that he needed a professional's advice. Maybe with Theresa's assistance, Sydney will accept the help she needs.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Back