Lost and Found

Sorry to have left so unexpectedly. Your voice of reason would have talked sense into me- the one thing I need but don't want now. Mom and Dad told me yesterday that they're not my mom and dad. I have no names, just that of the orphanage in Berlin at which I was adopted. I know this is insane, but I also know that if I don't find them, I will always wonder about my real parents. I love you, but I want to find those that I have never had a chance to love. I'm sorry. I'll come back and fin dyou once I've found myself. Please try to understand.
Je t'aime toujour,
Claire

Yea. That sounds good.
She pressed 'Send.' By the time Alec got this, she would be on the train, arriving in Germany. Claire already regretted leaving Paris. She lived the perfect life: travelling with her work in the embassies, a house all paid for by her own money, and Alec. She met him in the American embassy in Paris two years ago. They traveled the world toghether; Germany being their favorite getaway. So many times had she taken this very train with him on holiday. Now she traveled alone.

"Miss? Miss?"

Claire was snapped out of her reminisce. "Sorry?"

"How many seats will you be needing?" the clerk at the train station asked.

"One. Just one." The words felt like venom in her mouth. Claire boarded the train, automatically choosing a two-person seat.

This is stupid... she thought. Watch me never find them. She almost made the decision to turn back when it was made impossible to do so. The train started moving. Claire had 10 hours to think, for the first time, about what she was doing.

Should I continue? Read and reply please! ^_^

:scared: Umm...ok...I guess...I can update it...I got a new laptop so I can type my stories in peace now. ^_^ I'll get a chapter of this, and BTBWL before I leave for camp. :cool:

Hey! Look! Is that an UPDATE?! :P

Alec Detering, as usual, didn't wake up until 9:00, Eastern Time. He was to fly from New York La Guardia Airport that afternoon to Paris. Claire would be waiting for him there, the best part of his job in France.

"Two years this weekend," he said, remembering when they ran into each other at the American embassy. Literally. The paper she had been carrying fell fluttering into the rotunda below.

Alec crawled to his computer. An email from Claire. The happy bubble inside him swelled. His chest caved in as he read the short email. Pencils scattered in the pool of his coffee as he knocked them and the coffee cup over in an attempt to reach the phone.
______
Claire, nearing the German border, was awoken by her cell phone ringing. The ID "Alec!" scrolled across the status bar on her phone. She smiled and began to pick up when she remembered the email and what she was going. A fresh wave of regret and sadness washed over her as she put the phone back into her bag.
______
"Damn it I know you're there!" Alec hissed into the answering machine. Oh yeah like that's going to convince her to come back. "Come home, love. You're so caught up in the rush that you could find your parents that you didn't think whether you wanted to. What will they say when you find them? I bet you haven't thought of that yet. Will they ever replace the people who have loved you as parents? They gave you up, your parents are here. I'm here." He took a breath here. Talking to an answering machine was so much harder than the real person. "I-" he took a moment to level his voice. "I'm coming to Paris and I'll look for you at the airport. I'll see you there. Love you."
______

Back