Sci-Fi Lost In Space (1965-1968)

If you look around on YouTube there's one with Bill & Johnathon that's so funny!

Bill is frequently on Angela's Facebook page and they are still pretty good together. He has responded briefly to a couple of Randy's comments in the past and that was nice.

Bill is about 2-3 years older than we are so we literally watched him on dozens of shows from Twilight Zone to the Munsters, etc. etc. etc. but I think we enjoyed him the most on Babylon 5.

lost-in-spaceship.jpg
bhedgesvera07.jpg
1fc41ec03a40507a747377f75bf5910f.jpg

I think we were supposed to assume that once the ship had landed it settled down like a low rider until it was resting on the ground. Most scenes with it on the ground, showed a ramp leading to and from the main door.

One of the videos above show that the Jupiter 2 as a walk through as having three decks with the small space wheeled and shuttle craft each have there own bay on the bottom floor along with the engine system. The top floor was the command/flight deck, and the middle/second deck was the living areas and crew areas.

Last edited:
How did the Robot get in and out of the spaceship when they were on those tripod legs.

I think we were supposed to assume that once the ship had landed it settled down like a low rider until it was resting on the ground. Most scenes with it on the ground, showed a ramp leading to and from the main door.
Maybe Robby had capabilities that were assumed but weren't shown on screen, like R2-D2 having small directional jets that allowed him to "fly".

Robby had capabilities

upload_2017-10-3_15-48-5.jpeg
The Robot (a B-9 Class M-3 General Utility Non-Theorizing Environmental Control Robot) was a character in the television series Lost in Space. Known and addressed simply as "Robot", his full designation was only occasionally mentioned on the show.

upload_2017-10-3_15-49-19.jpeg

Robby the Robot is a fictional character and science fiction icon who first appeared in the 1956 film Forbidden Planet.

upload_2017-10-3_15-50-47.jpeg

Robby the Robot appeared in two Lost in Space episodes, in “War of the Robots,” where Will finds and repairs him, and in “Condemned of Space” as a guard equipped with a freezing gun aboard the prison ship.

I just realized; as a kid I was always a little afraid of Robbie, he was in more than Lost In Space and Forbidden Planet but B9 seemed like part of the family. Yes, I know Robot was supposed to be that way so I guess the writers did a good job as well as the actors.

If you search YouTube you can find many different videos on both robots. It appears Robby the Robot had quite a few controls to function.