Drama Lost in Translation (2003)

Title: Lost in Translation

Tagline: Everyone wants to be found.

Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance

Director: Sofia Coppola

Cast: Bill Murray, Scarlett Johansson, Giovanni Ribisi, Anna Faris, Akiko Takeshita, Fumihiro Hayashi, Kazuyoshi Minamimagoe, Kazuko Shibata, Take, Daikon, Catherine Lambert, Akiko Monô, Françoise Dubois, Gregory Pekar, Ikuko Takahashi, Osamu Shigematu, Takashi Fujii, Lisle Wilkerson, Kazuo Yamada, Akira Yamaguchi, Diamond Yukai, Jun Maki, Nao Asuka, Tetsuro Nakagawa, Kunichi Nomura, Shigekazu Aida, Kei Takyo, Nancy Steiner, Ryuichiro Baba, Tim Leffman, Richard Allen, Kanako Nakazato, Asuka Shimuzu, Koichi Tanaka, Hugo Codaro, Akimitsu Naruyama, Hiromi Toshikawa, Nobuhiko Kitamura, Nao Kitman, Yasuhiko Hattori, Ryo Kondo, Yumika Saki, Yuji Okabe, Dietrich Bollmann, Georg O.P. Eschert, Mark Willms, Yumi Ikeda, Hiroshi Kawashima, Hiroko Kawasaki

Release: 2003-09-18

Runtime: 102

Plot: Two lost souls visiting Tokyo -- the young, neglected wife of a photographer and a washed-up movie star shooting a TV commercial -- find an odd solace and pensive freedom to be real in each other's company, away from their lives in America.
Lost in Translation (2003)

As much as i loved ROTK and it was the best LOTR movie this movie was done so well i believe its the best picture of the year. Anyone else see it? I dont see how its been rated as a comedy too. Sure its really funny sometimes but the last 5 minutes are a real tearjerker. Really good movie.

Another pointless post brought to you by Headspin, from the makes of Spam

I havent seen this movie, dunno if its been released in Oz yet but I DEFINATLY will see it

The script is great but the actors are what make it such a good movie. Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson get this amazing spark and their relationship is completely plutonic. Great writing/directing/acting.

I just saw this movie and I did not like it...
I found it kind of boring... :asleep:

And why was the microphone shown in almost every scene ?

what exactly do you like about it ?

i finally saw this the other night and i also got the "kind of boring" sense but at the same time i loved it...it was just so witty with its dry, subtle humor and Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson did a fantastic job. ^_^

Yeah, I'm seeing the boring parts in this. There were a few scenes I found funny in it though.

I heard Sarah Michelle Gellar saying how she just filmed a movie in Japan (I think) and that the movie is so true when you get over there and experience it for yourself.

2nd best picture this past year. "The Return of the King" was the best. I will say Bill Murray deserved the Best Actor Academy Award this year. Sean Penn was good, Murray was better.

Nayks said:
I just saw this movie and I did not like it...
I found it kind of boring... :asleep:

And why was the microphone shown  in almost every scene ?

what exactly do you like about it ?
[post="688792"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I could have no said it more perfectly. Maybe we were missing some huge in depth meaning to the movie...but to me it was just two people running around Japan acting like tourists. :blink: *shrugs*