Lost Wisdom

kylo4

Cadet
Prologue

To Sydney: (I love you Sydney Anne Bristow)

If I see you today, will you be there tomorrow
Without you here by my dise, I'm filled with sadness
I made a mistake, and for that I'm sorry
Just promise.....just promise me that you'll stay
I love you Sydney...you are all that I think about
Sincerely, Bryan

"Bryan, that's so sweet that you wrote me a letter...but...but I already have someone....His name is Danny."
------------

Chapter 1

"How was your summer?"
"It was ok."
"That's it. Two months and all you say is that its just ok."
"Well, I didn't get to see Sydney at all."
"Anything else other than girls?"
"Yeah, I got a boat."
"Really? That's cool."
"Yeah. So what did you do Jake?"
"I uh....I read."
"Ha. Well I'm looking forward to seeing Sydney this week sometime."
"Man, all you ever think about anymore is Sydney."
"Well, she's off to college now and living without her was really hard."
"You act like she's your drug Bryan."
"Not funny."
"I try."
"So, did you find a girl?"
"Um...what do you think of going back to school?"
"You didn't answer my question, but ok. I'll tell you."
"This isn't going to be a long, drawn out answer is it?"
"You know me."
"Ok then...proceed."
"Well, in a way I want to go back, but in a way I don't."
"Which ways are those?"
"Well my friends are there for one, but on the other hand, I'm worrying that some of the issues from last year will come up again."
"Well, don't write any letters."
"God man, you really do try."
"Yup, that's me."
"Well, I've got to go eat dinner now."
"Bye."
"Bye."
Bryan hung up the phone. In just three days he was going back to a place that he didn't feel secure in without Sydney. "I miss you so much." He said.
------------
Sydney had selected and applied for all of the courses that she wanted. Although with a 91% grade average it wasn't very hard for her to get accepted to them. She did miss Bryan, bur she knew it was going to be hard to see him all the time.
At the moment, she was unpacking her things for residence. Another girl came in and said, "Hi, I'm Francie, your roommate."
"I'm Sydney." She replied and then extended her hand.
"Cool. Well I'm actually kind of busy at the moment organizing a party. So I have to go. But if you're interested you can come. Its a sort of "party before school" thing for the people that are here; if you know what I'm saying?"
"Sure, I'll go. When is it?"
"Tomorrow night at 9:00. I'll come get you."
"Ok."
"Sorry that I have to leave on such notice. I'll talk to you later.
She left, and Sydney began to unpack her things again. "I miss you Bryan." She said.
-------
It was two days before school started and Sydney was getting ready to go the party. Francie had momentarily popped in to remind her that it was definitely on, and where it was.
"Do you think I should wear this?" She asked Sydney.
"Um.....sure."
"Ok thanks."
She left. Sydney's cell went off and she quickly opened it.
"Hi this is Sydney."
"Hey, it's Bryan."
"Oh hi Bryan, what's going on?"
"Nothing much. I was just wondering if we could get together tomorrow since it's the last day before school and all."
"Um...sure. Can you come here? I mean I'd like to show you my room and everything."
"Yeah."
"That is if you can get a ride."
"I have my license now."
"Really?"
"Yeah, I have my G1. I'll get my friend Jake to come to if that's ok with you since he has his G2."
"Sure, that's fine. He can meet my new roomate Francie."
"Oh right! I forgot that you had a roommate! This is going to be ok with her right?"
"I'm sure she won't mind."
"Ok. Well talk to you later Bryan."
"You seem in a rush."
"Well I am going to a party." She almost cringed...she hadn't planned on telling him that.
"Oh. Well ok then. Bye."
"Bye."
--------
At the party there were sophomores, even older guys, party hungry girls and everyone in-between. Francie had found Sydney almost as soon as she'd gotten there and started introducing her to people. Afterwards, they saw a guy in the corner just sitting by himself.
"I wonder who that is?" Francie said.
Just then he looked there way and appeared to be staring at Sydney.
"He is so checking you out." She gushed.
"Well..."
"Oh my God he's coming over here!" Just then Francie said, "I'll let you two talk." Then walked away to talk to someone else.
"Hi, my name is Danny." He said, and then they started to talk.
--------------
It was one day before school started now and Bryan was going to over to Sydney's place. He had told Jake about it and he was reluctant at first, but as soon as he had mentioned a girl named Francie, he was all about going.
"Ok, let's go man!"
"Alright, alright. I'm just putting on some more Axe."
Jake started up the car, revved the engine and they were off.
---------
"So, we're having visitors."
"Who?"
"A grade 11 named Bryan and a friend of his."
"Are they hot?"
"I won't say. Haha." She was a bit embarrassed answering that question.
"Yes, they're here!"

They both got out of the car and Sydney went down to greet them.
"Did you have trouble driving here?"
"No, not really. I mean it's kind of hard to miss."
"Not funny Jake." Bryan said.
"I wasn't trying to be!"
"Annnnyway," Sydney intervened. "how was your summer Bryan?"
"I'll tell you."
-------
After about an hour and half of talking and Sydney showing them both pretty much everything around campus, Jake said he had to go. Bryan didn't want to but he had no choice.
"It was nice seeing you both." Sydney said as they were both getting ready to leave.
"Wait a second!" Francie came and looked at Jake and said, "Um...do you want to get together some time?"
"Yeah....sure."
"Ok. Well here's my phone number, my cell phone number if that doesn't work and my e-mail address."
"Ok."
"Alright. Bye."
Sydney hugged Bryan and they both left. When she looked to see if they had driven off yet, Francie turned around to Sydney and said, "I guess you didn't tell him about Danny yet."

*Author's Note* This chapter is from around two weeks or work. It is the longest chapter I've written and I'm being very careful with the direction this fic takes because it all has to tie together and I don't want to rush things or do something too slow so after three pages of liner notes, constantly writing on the bus....here it is.

Chapter 2

School finally started again and Bryan was beyond nervous. He had to face Jenna on the bus and he didn’t need to talk to her, but just seeing her was unsettling to say the least. Being at his cottage during the summer, with no friends there he thought that he might’ve been capable to get over her and he was worried that being around her again would open up his feelings for her. Even
though he had Sydney, that was still a worry. “It shouldn’t be.” He thought to himself. “I have Sydney and that’s all that matters.”
His thoughts were interrupted by his mom who said, “Do you have everything ready?”
“Yes mom.”
“Even your lunch?”
“Yes. I’m sure. Don’t you go worrying about me ok. I’ll be fine.”
“Well it’s the least I can do for you since you waited at my hospital bed all those times.”
“I did that for you because you’re my mom....you deserve at least that much.”
“Ok then. Have a good day at school.”
“Alright...I’ll try.”
“Ok, bye.”
He left and put his CD in his player and then headed outside. “I’m going to handle things differently this year.” He thought. He went to the bus stop, the bus came and he could see Jenna in the window and his feelings for her came back. He didn’t want them to but he got the same feeling as he did last year.
He got on the bus and passed her as he walked to his seat. He sat down, and he felt so nervous that he wanted to throw up but the Coldplay music he was listening to calmed him down a little bit. He tried to think of Sydney but all he could think of was Jenna.
Just then, her friend Natalie got on the bus and Bryan thought, “Wow, I never really noticed her before, she’s pretty.” But then went back to thinking of Sydney.
When they got to school, he looked for a friends......anybody he knew after he couldn’t find a
friend. Finally he saw Jake and rushed over to him.
“Yo man, I’m looking for my class but I can’t tell which one it is because everybody’s there and I’m nervous. Ha.”
Jake looked at the chart that had all of the students’ names posted on the wall and which home room they were to go to and said, “You got Ms. Hanes first.”
“Yes! My fav teacher! Thanks man!”
“No problem.”
He left Jake to go find his class. He found out it was a portable and on his way there a grade 10 shouted, “Hey, it’s that ******* rat!”
Bryan turned around and said, “That is so last year buddy.” Then kept walking.
The first class went fine, although he didn’t have any friends in it he noticed a new girl and he thought she was kind of pretty. He was almost nervous to the point of shaking but tried to think of Sydney to calm himself down. He did like Sydney....he liked her a lot but its not like he’d go ask these girls out...he just thought that they were pretty. “Actually,” he thought “if Sydney found out about me thinking like this about other girls I’m sure she’d be pretty ticked.”
Just then he looked around and noticed that three people that he didn’t get along with were also in this class as well. One guy that he had called the cops on last year, a now grade 13 student was there. Another student that stood at about 6'4 who had body-checked and threatened him was sitting near him and the guy who stole his songbook was in the class as well. “Oh well....what can I do about it?”
The second class went fine as well. He had one of his friends in that class and he was happy about the teachers mainly just taking time to explain what they were going to do over the course of the semester rather than assign work.
Third class went fine as well. He had a friend in that class, a good friend of John’s. In fact he was John’s best friend, but he didn’t mind.
The bell went off and he went to lunch, with only one class left after lunch was over. He was happy to see, when he got to the café, that a couple of his friends had this lunch. He sat down with them and they started talking.
“Hey Bryan! What’s up man?”
“Nothing much. I’m just so happy to be back because after awhile at my cottage....with no friends...it can start to feel like prison.”
“It’s not that bad is it?”
“No, I got a boat so it was really fun and I actually felt like being left alone this summer to be perfectly honest.”
“That’s strange to hear.”
“Yeah, well I’m making a fresh start and hopefully people will leave me alone this year and forget about everything that happened.”
“I bet you that they’ll be too hard studying to even bother with you.”
“That’s good to hear.”
“Yeah.”
They continued talking and all of a sudden Jenna walked into the café. Bryan glanced at her and then said to his friend, “I can’t believe she has this lunch. Like I swear to God I can’t avoid her.
She always has my lunches! I can’t get away from her!”
“Well you can say that she’s stalking you!”
“Hahaha. Very funny man.”
“Well its true. You say that you keep running into her, but what if its really her who keeps running into you? Have you ever thought about that scenario?”
“Possibly.”
They finished eating and Bryan attended his fourth period class. He had no friends in that class but was surprised that for a math course there were only seven people in it. The girl that stood out to him in his first class, Religion, was in this class as well but thinking back to last year and his approach of things....he didn’t want to say anything too soon.
The class went ok except for a student in the class that Bryan had a little problems with in the past before. His name was Brad and during class, Bryan was talking to the girl that was also in his Religion class.
“Hi, my name is Bryan.”
“I’m Alicia.”
“Cool.”
He turned back around. Later, the teacher had left to go photocopy some things and Alicia was talking and saying that she was having problems with her math work. So Bryan said, “Do you want me to explain it to you?”
“Sure.”
“Ok. So you take the...”
“BRYAN LOVES ALICIA HE WANTS TO HAVE SEX WITH HER!” Brad yelled out.
“Oh shut up!” Bryan retorted.
“Why don’t you make me? Oh, and by the way, I saw that little songbook of yours, and I showed it to Jenna.”
“What did she think?” Bryan said, trying to change the subject as fast as possible.
“She was sickened. You know her mom is a teacher here. That was crazy.”
“Wait a minute....what Jenna are you talking about?”
“Jenna Warth.”
“Who’s Jenna Warth?”
“You don’t know her?”
“No. That’s not even the right Jenna! If you’re going to show my personal stuff to people then you might as well show it to the right person in the first place.”
“Yeah, well I’m going to tell her that you like her anyway.”
He then grabbed the metre stick and said, “I should beat you down with this.” Alicia got up and said, “I’m confused.”
“He’s making fun of my journal book...see last year it got stolen and photocopied and showed around the school and he was talking about showing it to the girl that I supposedly “wrote” some of the stuff to but he showed it to the wrong girl.”
“Oh. Well why don’t you lay off him!”
By then, the teacher was back in the room but that didn’t stop Brad from continuing.
“Why don’t you call Jenny Craig!”
“Why don’t you stop picking on girls weight!” Bryan snapped.
"That's like the worst thing you can say to a girl."
Alicia nodded her head and said, "Yeah."
“Alicia, you're a-“
He said it and the teacher said, “Brad, go to the office.”
“Oh come on! That’s lame.” Then he left.

The next day, everything went fine until math class again. Brad entered the room and the teacher said, “So, did you go to the office?”
“Nope.”
“BRAD!”
“What?”
“Ok, sit down.”
When the teacher left again he kept going on about how Bryan liked Alicia and then he was talking about beating him down. When the teacher came back in the classroom, he stopped.

-------------

The next night Jake came over and they were talking about Sydney.
“I’m not sure if I should call her.”
“Just do it.” Jake said.
Bryan dialed her number and then said, “Can you give me some privacy?”
“Yeah....sure man.” Then he left.
Sydney picked up the phone and said, “Hi, who is it?”
“It’s Bryan.”
“Oh...hi Bryan.” She said hesitantly.
“Were you expecting someone else?”
“No...it’s just that I’m sort of in a jam....I mean a rush at the moment.”
“Look, I know that you’ve moved on.”
“What are you talking about?”
“I just know alright. I have a feeling. With you going to college and all you just don’t have the time for me anymore and-“
”Who told you? Was it Francie?”
“I can just tell ok. No one told me, I just came to realize it by myself.”
“I’m really, really sorry Bryan.”
“I loved you Sydney. You were my world and now....now I don’t have that anymore.”
“Bryan...” she started to breath a little bit. Bryan could tell that she was going to start crying.
“Sydney, you helped me get through everything....every obstacle that I encountered. You were my hope...my fire to keep going.”
“Bryan...you aren’t making this any easier on me.” She started to sob and managed to say, “Bryan, I don’t regret ever being with you at all, but I feel like I did all I cou-“
”But what about when you said that we’d be together forever?”
“Look Bryan....my feelings for you never changed, but I felt like there was going to be someone else for you, and I know that you think there won’t be but there will, and I did all that I possibly could.”
“I just don’t get it. We were so close. What is so special about this other guy?”
“I don’t want to talk about it. I’m away at college and you’re in high-school....we’re so far apart.”
“BUT I LOVED YOU!”
“All I can say is that I’ll still be there for you as a friend, no matter what.”
“......” there was nothing but silence.
“.......Bryan?”
“Goodbye Sydney.”
“No....please don’t.”
“Bye.”
“.....don’t.”
He hung up the phone.
Jake walked back into the room and asked, “What happened man?”
“I don’t want to talk about it. All I’ll say is that I screwed up...I screwed up badly.”
Bryan walked up to his room and saw the pictures of him and Sydney together and he saw the song he had written her and started to cry. “Life is never fair.” He thought. “I thought that we’d be together forever and always.” He dropped himself onto his bed leaving Jake in the kitchen and stared up at the ceiling. Beside him was the poem he had written her, it said:

To dearest Sydney, I love you with all my heart.

I can’t go anywhere without thinking of you
You’re always on my mind...always. I’m so in love with you, and don’t you forget it.
I’ll say these words and I won’t regret them
You helped me through everything, you were the one to get me back up on my feet after I had fallen. I will never forget you. I love you with my heart to the fullest, and my soul, and whenever you’re around, all I want is to be with you.
If I see you today, will you be there tomorrow
Without you here by my side, I'm filled with sadness
I made a mistake, and for that I'm sorry
Just promise.....just promise me that you'll stay
I love you Sydney...you are all that I think about

Sincerely, Bryan

He pictured in his mind, him giving her the letter and her saying, “Bryan, that's so sweet that you wrote me a letter...but...but I already have someone....His name is..” But the name he did not know.
There he was...lonely as ever before. Maybe Natalie would give him a chance.

Hm...
*raises eyebrow*

Who's Natalie?
And why doesnt he just try to be friends with Alicia... maybe it'd take 'em to another level in the future...

And poor Bryan...getting dumped - basically, on the phone.
Thatd suck... but, it he did call.

Im conflicted... I cant decide whether to feel bad for him or not...
Seeing as how I was never really a Syd/Bry shipper...
But, Im not a big Syd/Dan one either :P

Great job.
Thanks for the PM
-Ash

*Author's Note* Sorry that I'm taking awhile to put these chapters up but I'm taking time with them....several days to come up with dialogue for the chapters and I'm taking it very seriously so that's why. Plus I'm busy. As always, I hope you like it.

Chapter 3

"I want to be different." Bryan thought on the bus on the way to school. "Everybody is always trying to be so cool all the time. I thought that grade 11 would be different than grade 10 but I guess it isn't. My feelings have come again for Jenna, what the hell is wrong with me. Everything that I said I'd try to change in grade 11 hasn't worked. The wheel in my head is always turning. I try to be different in the way that I handle things but I seem to have more issues than Entertainment Weekly. I feel like I'm so far apart from people at times and I just need an outlet to release all of these feelings that I have."
Just then the bus stopped and he got out to start another day. "This is going to be another long a** day."

"Hey Bryan." Jake said as soon as he saw Bryan when he entered the school.
"Hey, can I talk to you about some stuff?"
"Sure."
"You know, I've been thinking a lot and I have come up with something."
"What is it?"
"I feel happy helping people."
"Join the club."
"No....I mean...ok...whatever."
Jake told Bryan that he had to go to a meeting for a club he was in and left. As soon as he left Natalie approached Bryan and asked, "Can I take your picture for a project?"
"Um....no. Do you think I'm a joke or something?"
"Why are you so uptight?"
"Look. I have a feeling...now correct me if I'm wrong...but I believe that you think I'm weird for the whole letter thing and you just want to do Jenna justice by talking to me. I already said I'm sorry for everything that happened last year."
"Don't worry about it."
"Ok..well I have to tell you something."
"Yeah, what is it?"
"I think you're really cool."
"Uh..ok."
"Ok, I know that was so lame."
"Haha. Yeah."
"Look, I just want you to put everything that's happened into the past."
"Bryan, it is in the past. Its no big deal."
"Well I feel like it is."
"Well it isn't, so just forget about it ok. You keep mentioning it."
"Ok Natalie."
"There ya go."
"So, what do you like?"
"Long walks on the beach, holding hands by a hot fire, warm cocoa."
"Are you serious?"
"No, I just wanted to see what you would say."
"Oh ok. I was thinking about it there for a minute."
"You're not as I thought you'd be."
"Well, what did you expect?"
"Not...I mean no offense, but after the whole Jenna thing I didn't know what to expect."
"Well Natalie....here I am."
"I noticed that you try to script chick flick banter."
"Well I do tend to watch a lot of those."
"Now you're joking."
"Half and half."
"One thing though."
"Yeah."
"How do I know you're not just interested in me to get back at Jenna?"
"Be.....because I already did."
"...and what was that?"
"I got a girlfriend."
"Ha. That's sad."
"What, that's all?"
"What else do you want me to say?"
"That...I don't know."
"Well you ain't gettin it!"
"At least I tried."
"So...can you tell me more about Sydney? I hear a lot about her and you throughout the school."
"Sure. No problem. She was a girl that I went to for help, who got me through hard times and I ended up falling for her."
"How old is she?"
"18 now."
"So two years older?"
"Two and a half."
"I can't get over the fa-"
".....that I had a girlfriend?"
"Let me finish...."
"Ok."
"The fact that she was that much older than you and she went out with you."
"Well all I can say is that she must've seen something me me...something that others didn't even bother to notice."
"Maybe it's because you don't let them notice?" She picked up his hand with hers and said, "I kind of notice."
"Thanks."
"Whatever happened to Sydney?"
"She met somebody."
"Ouch."
"Yeah. But if she moved on then I guess I can."
"Good for you."
"That's all?"
"Hey, I told you that I wasn't much for romantic banter."
"You are cool."
"You could use some work too."
"Well I used up all of my romantic dialogue already."
"Haha."
"Will you go out with me Natalie?"
"I'll think about it."
"Um...sure."
"Is that not good enough?"
"Just not what I expected."
"Well...expect the unexpected." Then she left.

After she left, Bryan attended his first class, Religion. After everyone left the classroom when the period was over, he approached Ms. Hanes and said, "Ms. Hanes, can I talk to you about something?"
"Sure Bryan."
"Look, my girlfriend and I aren't together anymore and she was my uh... counselor and you've been my favourite teacher since grade 9 and I was sorta wondering if you could like...."
"Be the one you talk to?"
"Yeah. I mean...if that's ok with you."
"Sure. I'd be more than happy too."
"Thanks. I just don't feel comfortable talking to anybody else."
"I understand. So, what's on your mind?"
"Well, there was this girl I liked that I wrote a letter to..."
He explained quickly what had been going on to that point. Afterwards, she stood there a minute and then said, "I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that."
"Its ok now...I mean like I've sort of gotten used to it."
"Well no one should have to get used to that."
"I use writing as an outlet. Whenever I'm nervous or stressed I turn to writing and I feel better."
"That's good. You should continue to do that."
"But I feel like there's a gap."
"What do you mean?"
"Like I can write what's bothering me but those problems are still there when I wake up."
"Oh...I understand."
"I just want to find someone to give what I don't have to."
"Are you talking about a girl?"
"Not just a girl...even though I was sort of hinting at that. Just anybody who I can make feel better."
"Bryan, it sounds to me like you can't get over Sydney."
"Not just Sydney."
"Jenna too?"
He nodded and then said, "I don't want to like her anymore but I do. Its not like I'm delusional. I know that nothing will ever happen. I mean, I don't even think we'll be friends."
"What about Sydney?"
"I did a couple of wrong things there."
"Well Bryan....as a girl I think I know that it was really hard for her to do what she did but she has the best intentions. I don't think she'd want to hurt you."
"But that's exactly what she did!"
"Bryan...understand that she still wants to stay good friends with you."
"I know but....I regret acting the way I did. I guess that if I did truly love her than I'd do what she thinks is best."
"There ya go. It may seem grim right now, but I guarantee you that things will change over time."
"What about still liking Jenna?"
"Don't worry about it. It's just petty teen drama."
"Thanks for taking the time to talk to me Ms. Hanes."
"Don't mention it. My door is always open."
"Thanks. Anyway, I have to go or I'll be late for second period."
"Ok. Oh, and by the way Bryan...there's an anti-bullying committee and you look into it. You may be able to share your experiences with others and help them overcome the problems of their own."
"Thanks. I'll look into it."
"Well they're actually meeting today if you're interested."
"I'll think about it."
"Ok."
"Thanks again...I gotta go."
"Alright. Bye."
Then he left.

The meeting was after his lunch period, which was after third period, so he'd miss period four.
Bryan thought about going to the meeting and finally decided he'd go.
Jake caught up with him before he went.
"Jake, why is it that people don't understand me?"
"I don't know man."
"Is Natalie playing me? I mean she kinda moved fast there."
"Well Jenna could be trying to get you back somehow, but just take it with stride. We already had this conversation at lunch man."
"Ok."
"So just take it easy....keep your nerves intact. I'm sure that Natalie doesn't want to screw you over. It'd be pretty useless."
"So...should I attend the meeting? I can still back out if I don't feel comfortable going."
"Yeah...I'd go if if I were you."
"Then it's decided. I'm going."
Then he set off.

Chapter 4

Sydney had thought about calling Bryan but cancelled the thought because she was unsure of how it'd turn out after the last conversation she had had with him. "Maybe I should just let him contact me," she thought, "he will sooner or later."
At the moment she was sitting down jotting notes for Physics, but she tried to keep on task and not get distracted.
When the class was over she headed out on campus and to her surprise, Danny was doing some coursework while sitting by a tree.
She approached him and said, "Hey."
He looked up, surprised at first and said, "Sydney, I didn't expect to see you."
"Me neither."
"I have a question for you."
"Yeah?"
"I heard Francie talking about some guy named Bryan. Are you hiding something from me?"
"No....of course not. Its just that you never bring up your exes to me and I didn't want to say anything."
"So he's an ex?"
"Ok....I'll tell you. Bryan came and saw me as a counselor and I helped him get through some hard times and I ended up falling for him. We're still friends, but I did meet you."
"You didn't uh....cheat on him did you?"
"DANNY!"
"What?"
She slapped his arm and then said, "Why would I do that?"
"Just checking hahaha. Anyway, I'd like to meet him."
"I'm not sure if that's such a good idea. I mean right now he's kind of having a hard time aceepting that we're just friends and sure, I have feelings for him but the feelings are mutual."
"You should call him."
"That's what I've been contemplating but I'm unsure of how it'll turn out."
"I'd do it anyway Syd. It may make you feel better."
"You're really nice you know that? You're taking time to help me."
"Maybe we should meet and he can see what I'm like."
"On second thought, that actually might work."
"See. Told you."
She picked up her cell phone and said, "I have some time to call him before my next class starts."
------
Bryan attended his first meeting with the anti-bullying committee. A few people spoke and stated what had happened or what was currently going on with them....almost like alcoholics anonymous.
When the third person finished, a fourth person came on. She really caught Bryan's eye.
"Hi." She said, and stood up. "My name is Fiona Adams and I am a subject of massbullying."
"What happened?" Bryan accidentally shot out.
"Um..."
"Sorry." He was quick to respond.
"Well, that's ok....that's what we're here for anyway." She smiled, and the continued with, "what happened is that there was this boy I liked and the people in my class found out about it and one day we had to go get some books and we both had to get them and they said that all I wanted was to make out with him and everytime I run into him he always laughs and I feel so bad all the time."
"Well I'm....I mean, we're here for you." He said.
"Thanks."
After everyone was done talking and the meeting was over, Bryan approached Fiona and said, "Hey, sorry about earlier."
"It's not a problem." She said, and then added, "Can I um...get your uh...e-mail and phone number?"
"Sure."
"Really?!? Thanks."
He wrote them down for her and then said, "By the way, I think you're really cool."
"Thanks. I think you are too. Oh, and sorry, but I didn't get your name."
"It's Bryan."
"I love that name!"
"Thanks."
Later that night she called. Bryan picked up the phone and said, "Hi."
"Bryan? It's Fiona."
"Oh hi Fiona."
"I'm not bothering you am I?"
"No, no. Of course not."
"Ok. Well I just...I have some trust issues and I was wondering if I could talk to you."
"Sure, no problem."
"I was thinking of you and the whole letter thing and I think its really great that you have an outlet but unfortunately I don't, so...I know that I sort of just met you and all but I was wondering if I could talk to you."
"Sure Fiona. I'm here for you."
"Thanks....and sorry for all of this."
"Don't be sorry about anything at all. If you need to talk then by all means talk."
"Well I've been incredibly depressed all of the time because of what happened, and its almost like the situation with you and that girl..."
"Jenna."
"Yeah....Jenna. Well this boy always laughs at me and so does everybody else, and they think I'm a joke. All of this just because I liked this guy!"
"Well Fiona, with Jenna, I know that nothing will happen but I can't get over her either, but you just have to find someone else."
"I think I have."
"Who?"
"You."
"....I'm speechless. I mean, no one's ever really said that to me before."
"I keep thinking of you for some reason....I don't know why but I do. I just have this feeling that you can help me get through what I'm going through."
"That's really sweet...you're really sweet and I sorta like you too."
"Sorta? I'm confused."
"Well you see, there's this girl Natalie and-"
"....oh, I understand. Sorry for all of this."
"No....don't be sorry. Just let me explain."
"Ok."
"She's Jenna's best friend and nothing's going on between us. But I do like her and I mean....I just met you...however, Natalie probably doesn't want anything to do with me."
"Well I think that any girl is lucky to get you Bryan."
"If only others thought that."
"Anyway, I gotta go. Sorry again Bryan."
"Don't be sorry and Bye."
----------
The next day at school, Bryan mentioned Fiona to Jake, but didn't say her name.
"Look man, I want to help her, I really do. People just don't understand me and I don't know why I asked out Natalie....she probably wants nothing to do with me, just like Jenna."
"Dude, you are way too hard on yourself. Why don't you ask Sydney what to do?"
"Hmm.....maybe because that'd almost be mean...like rubbing it in her face."
"Wait a sec, there's Natalie.
She walked over and said, "I will go out with you if you still want to."
Just then, Bryan's cell went off. He opened it up and said, "Hey."
"It's Sydney."
"Wait a minute." He said to Natalie and walked away a bit.
"Sydney?"
"Yeah."
"I have been waiting so long for you to call. You have no idea."
"Why didn't you just call?"
"Good question. I can explain later. Anyway, there's a couple things I wanted to say to you."
"I'll brace myself." She said jokingly.
"Ok, it's nothing bad."
"Alright then."
"I feel so bad for what happened and I respect what you did."
"Bryan...you don't have to say what I want to hear to please me."
"Honestly, I have. Oh, and I have a little bit of a dilemna at the moment."
"What is it? I'd love to help."
"Jenna's best friend will go out with me but there's another girl I'm falling for as well who likes me."
"That's the Bryan I know! Haha."
"So....what do you think I should do?"
"I say go out with Natalie until you find out her intentions. She could really like you you know."
"Ok Syd. Thanks."
"Now I have-"
"Um, I have to give her an answer."
"You go do that."
"Bye Syd."
"Bye Bryan. Oh, and Danny wants to meet you."
"Sure."
He hung up the phone, went up to Natalie and said, "Ok, for sure."
"Then it's done." She said, and grabbed his hand and they walked away.

Humm...
Not sure if Bryans my favorite character...
I mean, he seems to be liking alot of girls...
Hes just infatuated.
He should take a break from trying to get a gril interested in him a bit.
But, oh well.
Thanks for the PM
Great job.
-Ash

Ash, it is a bit of a coming of age story and he has to realize that he can't like so many people. Yes, he is infact infatuated but he tries too damn hard sometimes. I still like the person Natalie's character is based on and we talk once in awhile but yeah. Thanks for reading it. It seems that since Sydney left him he likes a lot of people, but its not to say he would "use them" because he never would but he's just unsure. Anyway, here's chapter 5, with the author's note and all.

Author's Note* Sorry that I took so long with this chapter but its probably the longest I've ever written for a fanfic. Sorry for any typos too lol. Oh, and there's some minor language in this chapter. Just giving a heads up. Thanks for the comments and I won't introduce any new characters for quite some time. Fiona is going to be another main character somewhere down the line and I know there isn't too much Sydney right now but she's in this chapter quite a bit. As always, enjoy.

Chapter 5

"So is it arranged?" Danny asked Sydney while they were hanging out after a long day of coursework on campus.
"Yeah, I think so." Sydney responded. "I mean, he said he'd like to meet you but I sort of pushed it out of him. See he had to ask for some advice and he was in the moment a bit..."
"So just ask him again." He said cooly.
"Ok. I will."
"So, you want to head out tonight?"
"Believe it or not I've finished all my work so yeah, let's go."
"We can go anywhere you want. Where do you wanna go?"
"Where will you take me?"
"Ooh, being mysterious. Haha."
"Sssh." She put his finger on his lips and said, "Let's go."
--------
"So we're officially going out." Natalie looked over at Bryan as she said this.
"Yeah."
"So, do you want to catch a movie sometime?"
"How about tonight?"
"That's not a bad idea. Sure."
"Just us right?"
"Just us."
"Ok then, let's go."
"I shall take you there."
---------
"So what movie are we seeing?"
"Whatever movie you'd like to see Syd."
"Well the movie with the vampires looks pretty good."
"Not going for any chick flicks?"
"Isn't that a bit of a cliche?"
"Well, just that...."
"It's what you'd expect?"
"Sorta."
"Well I'm no ordinary girl."
"I can see."
"Ha." She laughed and then said, "So vampires it is." Then they walked up to get their tickets.
------------
"So Natalie, what movie do you want to see?"
"How about a comedy. I haven't seen one of those in awhile."
Bryan's dad did tag along because of him only having his G-1, so he arranged to be driven somewhat like a limo. His dad drove in the front and Bryan and Natalie sat in the back.
They both got out when they had arrived and headed for the movie theatre, still deciding on what movie to see when, there she was just standing there...Sydney.
Bryan leaned over to Natalie and said, "Sydney is over there."
"Who's the guy?"
"He must be Danny."
"Wait.....you didn't plan this out did you? As some secret form of going on a double date."
"No, I didn't."
"You sure?"
"Yeah Natalie. I'm one hundred percent sure."
"Ok then. I'm taking your word for it."
"Do you think I should say something?"
"Sure, go ahead if you want to."
"So its ok with you?"
"Damn Bryan! If you want to say something then just go do it!"
"Alright I will."
He went up and approached them as they had just recieved their tickets, and Bryan started it off by saying "Hey Syd."
She turned around in shock and said, "Oh my God! Bryan! I can't believe you're here!"
"Me neither."
"So....what movie are you seeing?"
"We haven't decided yet. What about you?"
"Something about vampires."
"Oh...sounds cool."
"Yeah. So um....this is Danny."
"Hi." He said almost shyly. "Nice to finally meet you."
"You too."
"Come on, the movie's going to start in five minutes Bryan."
"Ok. Coming Natalie."
Bryan was about to leave them but then turned back around and said, "Nice meeting you Danny. Oh, and Syd...I hope to talk to you soon." Then they went to the movie.
"He's not that bad." Danny leaned over and grabbed Sydney's hand and said this after Bryan and Natalie had left.
"Well, he does try awfully hard to impress."
"You didn't know he was going to be here did you?"
"No."
"Ok. Just checking."
"Let's see the movie."
Then they went.
----------
The next day at school, Bryan didn't see much of Natalie but his math class didn't go so well.
After lunch, Bryan hadn't eaten so he started eating his lunch in class. After he was done he threw his garbage out and it bounced off the desk beside Brad. Brad turned around and said, "You do that again and I'll knock you out."
"What? What did I do?" Bryan said puzzled.
"You know what you did you fa****."
"F*** you."
The teacher looked up and said, "Go to the office." So Bryan went.
When it was finally his turn to speak to the principal he stated how he had just been responding to a comment made by Brad and that he'd been bothering him for the last couple of weeks now. He also recapped a little bit of what he had to go through last year.
"He pushes your buttons, and you just can't react."
"Well he called Alicia a "......" and got sent to the office but never went, and he even told the teacher that he didn't go and he didn't get in any trouble."
"We're dealing with you right now and what you did was wrong."
"I just feel like there's a double standard going on. He's been threatening me all week. Not to excuse the fact of what he said to Alicia. Plus, last year I went through a lot."
"Bryan, I'm giving you a one day suspension starting tomorrow. You come in here and you act like you're the victim. That really bugs me. I'm calling your parents now."
He dialed the number and started talking for a bit, explaining the story and then Bryan said, "Tell them who it was."
"Sssh. I can't do that." He replied.
After he was done, he wrote Bryan a late note for Biology and sent him off.
When Bryan entered the class and sat down, a girl yelled out, "NICE LETTER THAT YOU WROTE ALICIA BRYAN!"
"What? What the hell are you talking about?"
"Here, I'll show you."
She came over to his desk and opened the piece of paper and showed him what was written. It had Alicia's name like this:
A
L
I
C
I
A
Then it had sexual things brached from the letters of it.
"That looks nothing like my writing."
"Oh yeah."
"Yeah." He then opened up his binder and showed her his writing and she looked at it and said, "Oh....well I still think you did it."
She kept going on about it during class and it got to the point where Bryan got up, asked the teacher if he could go to the office, and packed up his stuff and left. The whole way there he was silently crying and saying to himself, "People are so mean."
He waited in the office until his vice principal saw him; the one who had just dealt the suspension, and Bryan told him about the letter.
"Are you sure you didn't do it? Because if you're bullsh**ting me, I'll kick your a**....excuse the expression."
"Yeah, why would I a) sign my name on it if I did it and report it if I did it."
The principal then called the girl that had it down to the office and confiscated the letter. He talked to Bryan a bit more and then he had to catch the bus. On the way out to his bus, Bryan ran into John.
"Hey John, I won't be here tomorrow."
"Why?"
"I got suspended for swearing in front of a teacher."
"You know that only warrants a lunch detention. It says so in your planner."
On the bus Bryan checked it and it did in fact say that you only get a one day suspension for swearing at a teacher, which he didn't do.
When he got home he told his parents who he had sworn out and about the the rule that you were supposed to get a lunch detention. Then he told them, "I think that the school didn't look so good with the police being there because of me calling them all the time last year and they're just trying to nail me for anything."
After a long conversation with the vice principal, Bryan's mom said, "Well, the suspension is still on but it won't count on your written record. He also said that he didn't know anything about your past so he was sorry for saying that you always act like the victim."
"I did tell him though. Twice."
"Well, he said he didn't know anything about it. We will deal with the letter thing tomorrow."
--------
The day after the suspension, after worrying about the letter situation almost all through his "suspension", he was surpised when he got back to school that no one mentioned it.
In the morning, the girl that had centred him out came up to him and said, "Sorry about everything that happened. I found out that a friend of mine wrote the letter as a joke. Oh, and don't try so hard to impress people....just a few words of advice."
After that she left, and no one mentioned the letter at all. "That's good." Bryan thought. "I didn't want that turning into another "rat" thing."
-------
After school, Natalie found Bryan and they had a short, nice conversation.
"So, how was your suspension?"
"Nothing too bad. My dad made me do some heavy lifting and work but it was nothing I couldn't handle."
"That's good. I just wanted to tell you that its now nearing a week since we've been going out."
"Yeah. Sorry for the whole "dad chaperone" when we went to see a movie."
"No problem. I'v over it haha."
"Thank God! Haha."
"So, Sydney seemed nice. Sorry that I didn't say anything before."
"No problem, and yeah, she is nice."
"I actually wanted to ask you about the letter that I've been hearing about."
"It's not true Natalie. I didn't write it."
"Ok. Good to know."
"I'm always honest and I'd never do anything to hurt you."
"I know Bryan....I know." She said and grabbed his hand. "Maybe fate was to have it this way."
"Who knows."
Then they left together.
---------
That night, Bryan called Sydney and was glad to finally have a full conversation with her.
"Syd, I have to ask you about something."
"Shoot."
"Ok. Well there's this girl, and she needs my help but she likes me and I'm not sure what to do."
"Just help her and see how things work out."
"She may take some time to help, what will Natalie think?"
"I'm sure that she'll understand. I mean, its for a good reason."
"Ok. Oh, and how's um....Danny...like, after we met and all."
"If you're hinting ar what he thinks of you he thinks you're fine."
"Haha. Yeah. Well do you want to schedule a proper meeting sometime?"
"When do you want to arrange it?"
"Anytime is fine."
"How about Saturday?"
"Sure. So in two days."
"You can bring Natalie along as well if you'd like."
"So is this a double date?"
"Sort of haha."
"Ok. Oh, and where will we meet?"
"I'll drive to your place. It'll be a surprise."
"Ok Syd. Talk to you soon."
"You too Bryan. Bye."
---------
The next day at school, Bryan attended his second anti-bullying meeting. Nothing too exciting happened but afterwards, Fiona was waiting for him.
"Hey Bryan."
"Hey."
"So are you going out with that girl?"
"Yeah."
"That's good."
"You're nice, you know that."
"Yeah, you are too."
"So, are your problems a bit better now?"
"I think so....I mean, it still bothers me but there's not much I can do about it."
"Fiona, can I ask you a question?"
"Sures anything you want."
"Ok. How does it sound if I take over as being your counselor?"
"That'd be....great! So it'd be like me and you one on one?"
"Yeah. It can be arranged."
"Oh thank you Bryan!" She went closer and hugged him. "You rock!"
"It's not a problem, really."
"You have no idea how much this means to me Bryan."
"Me neither."
"Why?"
"Well I've always wanted to help someone out. I realized that I can have an impact on someone's life if I help them."
"That's very well spoken Bryan...and true. Only one question."
"Yeah."
"Are you sure you want to do this?"
"Yeah....I'm sure."
---------
"So Natalie." Bryan said to Natalie after he caught up with her in the hall. "I'm going to be a girl's counselor from now on."
"Who is it?"
"I'm not at liberty to say."
"Even to your girlfriend?"
"Unfortunately, yes. I shouldn't of even told you she was a she."
"That's lame."
"I know, but sorry. Its the rules."
"I'll end up finding out one way or another."
"Ok, you do that." Then he hugged her and said, "Don't worry Natalie. I'll always put you first....always."
"I know." She grabbed his hand, then leaned in and kissed him on the cheek. "At least I hope so."

Ok, so I just read Lost Thoughts and all of this so far... and I'm not quite sure what to make of it

This Bryan guy... I mean, I really for him, I do... but... he has to stop liking so many girls at the same time...

But I think that it's very brave of you to write something like this... I can only imagine how hard it must have been...

Please continue and PM me when you next update

Love JuJu :harp:

Back