LOTRO Beta..

Playing a game for a few months seems to be all I'm doing lately :(

I'm wanting to dig up a copy of FFVII if I can ever find one. Would like to replay FFVIII and FFX as well. Still need to finish FFXII but since I've seen Tyrswind finish that not too long ago I don't have the drive really. Valkyrie Profile 2 is sitting in on the shelf, just can't get into it sadly. Though MAN is Rufus hot.
Oh, good game that often gets ignored Momma, if you haven't played it try Star Ocean, the newest one for PS2. VERY fun though I'd give a pretty penny to be able to find Star Ocean 2 again. Never finished that since the memory card my save game was on corrupted :( Oh, also Radiata Stories (Why is EVERYTHING on my list Japanese.) Annnnd of -course- the .hack series. There is some good gameplay and awesome storyline (specially if you read the manga and novels and watch any of the three anime series). I'm so eagerly awaiting the second game in the second .hack series out in May.

On the forefront: FFXII Revenant Wings, the rehash of FFTactics (with Balthier as a hidden character ... squeeee!), two FFVII games whos names escape me. The one focusing on the Turks and the other prequel to the original game. The new .hack//GU game, Dawn of Mana for PS2..

RPGs out right now that interest me that I haven't already played? Nadda. I want Cooking Mama and Animal Crossing for my DS -.-

*walks off continuing to ramble*

Playing a game for a few months seems to be all I'm doing lately :(

I'm wanting to dig up a copy of FFVII if I can ever find one. Would like to replay FFVIII and FFX as well. Still need to finish FFXII but since I've seen Tyrswind finish that not too long ago I don't have the drive really. Valkyrie Profile 2 is sitting in on the shelf, just can't get into it sadly. Though MAN is Rufus hot.
Oh, good game that often gets ignored Momma, if you haven't played it try Star Ocean, the newest one for PS2. VERY fun though I'd give a pretty penny to be able to find Star Ocean 2 again. Never finished that since the memory card my save game was on corrupted :( Oh, also Radiata Stories (Why is EVERYTHING on my list Japanese.) Annnnd of -course- the .hack series. There is some good gameplay and awesome storyline (specially if you read the manga and novels and watch any of the three anime series). I'm so eagerly awaiting the second game in the second .hack series out in May,

I'd like to get all the .hack games, and I LOVE Valkyrie Profile 2 (yes, Rufus is a hot little half elf..he makes my mouth water). It is a hard game to get into, though.. You should try out the Suikoden series, Ain. My favorite is Suikoden 2, but it's old and costs 100 dollars to get.. That's right. A 100 dollar playstation 1 game. The story is fantastic though. If not that one, try out number 5. They aren't all timeline related exactly, although all the games take place in the same world only in different areas and at different times. One could be 20 years after the one before it though, and the one after that could be 400 years in the past. Other favorites are the Shadow Hearts series, Legend of Legaia (1), GRandia 1 and 2, Tales of Destiny 1, Lunar Silver Star Story Complete and Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete, and there's one strange game I found called Shadows of Destiny that I REALLY like that is sort of like a detective story/fantasy/puzzle solving rpg.

There's also Alundra (ONLY the first one) that's old, but is a wonderful game. Some people might be reminded of Zelda, but it involves a story more along the lines of dreams and nightmares and a special race of people who are almost extinct that can walk within people's dreams. The people are dying to these nightmares in this town and..well, it's just a very nice story and some parts make me laugh and cry. I never got into Zelda, but I really wish they would have made another game like Alundra (Alundra 2 doesn't count).

I really want Radiata Stories because it's also a lot like Suikoden in the character gathering aspect.. I believe the amount of characters to gather was about the same, but not sure (always 108+ in Suikoden games, standing for the "Stars of Destiny").

Geh!! I love The Suikoden series, and Suikoden II Is the best by far!!

*gives 100 brownie points to Momma*

Also played Legend of Legaia, and a handful of others. I wish I could get my hands on a copy of Suikoden II... so much fun..... geh.... *overloads*

I have Suikoden 2, and I watch that baby like a hawk whenever people are within 10 feet of it! *huggles her Suikoden 2*

Legend of Legaia was a good game, definitely. The voice acting in the second one kills my ears, though.

I'll leave all comments about Suikoden to Tyrswind :P I have played 3, 4 and 5 with 5 being the most played.

I'm not sure what it is about VP 2 that I can't get into. I think it drives me crazy that I can't get closer to all those beautiful things in the background. That and battle system confuses the hells out of me. Rufus is almost enough to play it though. Radiata Stores was a blast until... the game got stuck, like bug stuck and refused to progress. We tried for a week to get the next piece of storyline that would progress the game, reading multiple guide sites, books etc and could never get it to move forward. Was very fun up till then, combat was a blast :D Oh, Dark Cloud games (2 more than 1) also VERY fun.

I sort of understand the battle system in VP 2 more than in most other games.. Find the monster with the gold arrow and kill it quick! Ull keeps killing me because he has an attack with an insane field range and the moment it spots on me, he lets it out of course and it kills whatever member it was focused on even if it was at full health..So, I can't help but think I just have to hang back and level up a bit before I give the boy a spanking for his anti-human ways.

And..Hey! My room's a mess! <.< >.>

No arguing!

I've run into that a lot in VP2 as well, with staying behind in various areas to level up a bit before progressing. But oh well, still lotsa fun to be had :smiley:

Someone say gaming and junk food in the same sentence?

Since I'm the only legal one here, does that mean the I'm in charge of the drinks for when we play the "Vahn Picks His Nose" drinking game?

I don't know what you guys are talking about, but I have VP2, and I had Suikoden 1, but things always disappear around here... I have the 3rd, 4th, and 5th ones, though. 3rd one's Thomas Story = Best part. Of, like, any of those three. Throw in, like, 75% of the games out there, it'd still be the best part. I hate them for cutting it short like that... :(2

As far as games go, what about Baldur's Gate? I'm also surprised Xenogears hasn't been mentioned. It's probably my favorite Square game of all time.

And they're not RPGs, but the Devil May Cry games definately bare playing if you're looking for something (especially if you like anime) different, especially the 1st and 3rd chapters.

Someone say gaming and junk food in the same sentence?

Since I'm the only legal one here, does that mean the I'm in charge of the drinks for when we play the "Vahn Picks His Nose" drinking game?

Maybe she means she is a bartender? Not just age :smiley:

Here you have to have take a Smart Serve course to be able to be a hired as a bartender now, What with all the drinking and driving laws.

Didn't have to have that when I was bar tending many a long yrs ago hehehe

I can help with the food :smiley:

Maybe she means she is a bartender? Not just age :smiley:

Here you have to have take a Smart Serve course to be able to be a hired as a bartender now, What with all the drinking and driving laws.

Didn't have to have that when I was bar tending many a long yrs ago hehehe

I can help with the food :smiley:

That is true, my wife had to take that course. I, however, cannot legally serve alcohol, only consume. Oh well :D

Honestly? It's the chat system I think. I love it because it's real and immersive but if you're not with someone or in a busy area it's soooooo quiet. Which is why I'm always poking poor Vahsyl all time XD

I'm never once bothered and don't ever think that. 90% of the time when you poke me I'm just surfing online trying to find lore or a verb on how to do something.

Sorry I haven't been on the past two nights though, life stuff. Sigh.

And wow all these console games... I guess once I got involed online I stopped buying most all single player games, and spent all free time in one game or another.

And wow all these console games... I guess once I got involed online I stopped buying most all single player games, and spent all free time in one game or another.

Same boat here. I never really got into console games and stopped buying consoles long ago. Although I have to say the original Super Mariokart and Super Bomberman were two of the funniest and entertaining multiplayer games ever.

Someone mentioned Baldur's Gate so I'll have to add Baldur's Gate 2 as one of the deepest and satisfying RPGs I've ever played. Besides, you can kill Drizzt and any game you can do that makes it a great game.

Besides, you can kill Drizzt and any game you can do that makes it a great game.

Ha. Sounds like the makings of a flash game here...

Did you know you can pick his scimitars and kill him with his own weapons?

But I know what you mean. I hardly ever play SP games anymore. I got Oblivion, and loved it, but really felt the need to have other people around.

1: I never really got into console games and stopped buying consoles long ago.
2: Baldur's Gate 2 ... one of the deepest and satisfying RPGs I've ever played

1 is the loneliest number that you'll ever do! 2, can be as bad as 1, it's the loneliest number... if you don't count 1, or something like that. I'm too tired...

Anyway, #2 is because of #1, I'd say. A-yup...

Back