Love Heals

A/N- Okay I've put off posting this as long as possible but i can't wait because well... i have very little self discipline. *sigh* This was a cowrite at one point but it wasn't really moveing so i went back to my basic plan (Except for a few minor changes and one kinda big one) Also this is my first shot at a real AU fic - so yeah be kind ;) lol

So i have about 8 chaps done meaning as long as i keep writing I'll be able to update once or twice a week. Please read and review - I :love: you all :smiley:

Disclaimer: I do not own alias.
Prologue:
A young unidentified woman lays in a coma at St. Marc’s hospital after her car crashed on Brightwood Road yesterday. She was pulled out of her car by Will Tippen shortly before the car and all its contents erupted into flames. “I barley had time to think…” Will Tippen told our reporter on the scene of the crash. “I heard the crash so I turned onto Brightwood and saw the car. I knew I had to get the woman out of it before anything.”

Will wasn’t able to retrieve any identification and never saw the license plate of the car so at this time there is no information on her. She is about 5’8 with brown hair, brown eyes and an athletic build.

She is currently in critical condition and police are presently in the process of trying to identify her. If you have any information on this young woman please contact the Los Angeles Police Department.

Her head pounded… No, not just her head, her whole body was throbbing. That was all she could concentrate on as she struggled to open her eyes to a taupe hospital room. Where was she? What was going on? How did she get here? Why was she here? Questions raced through her mind and she wasn't able to focus on any of them.

A young black woman appeared in the doorway accompanied by another dark haired woman.

"w--w--"

"Don't try to talk sweetie." The young black woman said as the other woman continued down the hall in a hurry.

"My name is Francie Calfo. Can you tell me your name?"

She opened her mouth instinctively to answer but nothing came to mind. Not even a first name.

"It's okay dear. Do you have anything you can tell me? Do you remember anything about the accident?"

"Accident?" Well that would explain the pain.

"Does she remember?" Suddenly a man dressed in a doctor's uniform appeared in the doorway.

"No, not a thing."

They watched as tears of frustration started to fall, "Whe-Where am I?! What's going on?!" She demanded.

"You were in a bad car accident; your car had hit a tree. You were barley pulled out of the car before it exploded." He said this as if he had been practicing it for weeks, but a hint of sympathy still filled his voice. "You've been in a coma for almost 7 weeks. I'm Dr. Vaughn. I preformed the 4 surgeries you've had."

"Surgeries?!"

"Please don't be worried. You need to remain calm right now." He said touching her shoulder as a machine beeped faster with her ever increasing heart rate. Concern filling his green eyes he turned back to Francie and told her something before she handed him a needle of clear liquid.

"This is just to help you calm down." He explained poking the needle into her arm and slowly releasing the liquid. "It may make you a bit drowsy but right now rest can only help you. You've been out of a danger zone for about 3 weeks now. You're injuries having been healing very well."

The doctor wasn't lying when he said the medication would make her drowsy. It was tops five minutes before she was once again out cold.

The next time she woke up it was dark out. She moaned looking next to her where a clipboard had been left. She picked it up ignoring the pain shooting through her arm.

This clipboard held the only information known about her by anyone, including herself.

She was a white female 26-28. Her injuries were numerous but a full recovery was a possibility. As the doctor had said she was involved in a car accident and had been in a coma for just under seven weeks. She had shown signs of almost waking up a few times but never came out of it completely.

Francie appeared in the doorway. "Hey, I brought you some dinner." She said holding a tray. "Yum Yum Yum, hospital food!" She said with fake enthusiasm.

She put the tray down in front of the woman before taking the clip board, "Sorry I forgot to put this away."

"It's fine." She mumbled.

"I'm sure you'll remember everything soon sweetie."

"I don't even know my name… What if I never do?"

"Well maybe you were saddled with some ugly family name like Gertrude or Francis." She winked, "This way you can pick out a better one."

The young woman smiled briefly then the smile disappeared, "I've had no family try to find me? No friends?"

Francie shook her head, "But you were in a car, of all we know you lived on the east coast or even in Canada."

The young woman nodded and Francie smiled putting a hand on her shoulder, "I'm going to go grab something for you. You just eat your-" She looked at the "food" on the woman's plate. "You just eat what ever that is, and I'll be right back."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Francie walked back into the room holding a book. She handed it to the woman. "We're going to pick out a temporary name."

The young woman flipped though the pages silently for a few minutes before stopping and pointing out one to the nurse.

"Lauren? Oh come on sweetie, this name’s like a temp tattoo, it's supposed to be fun because it's not like you're keeping it. Why not some name like… Elektra! Something fun!"

The young woman just laughed continuing to flip though the book before the Doctor she had net earlier entered the room. "Having fun?" He asked cocking an eyebrow at the nurse who should have been long done with this patient and on to working with others.

"We're picking out a name for her." Francie said excitedly as if she didn't notice the look.

"Well as great of an idea as that is, Mr. Leinon is waiting for you."

"Ugh." Francie moaned standing up from the seat she had taken on the bed. "Don't we give the old people sponge baths to the new nurses?"

"No, you tell the new nurses that to get them to do your job." He said with a smirk. "Have fun Fran."

She rolled her eyes. "I'll be back at the end of my shift to check on you Elektra."

Dr. Vaughn gave a look, "Elektra?" He asked.

"Her idea, not mine."

"Hmmm, you look more like a Sydney to me."

The young woman rolled the name around for a minute, "I like it."

"It was my grandmother's name. I think it fits." He said as he looked at the beeping machines around her, checking things off on a board in his hand.

"Sydney, Sydney Anne." She said nodding her head.
A/N- Thanks for reading - please review. Remember even if i PMed you about this, you need to ask to be added to the list for this fic if you want to be on it.

Thats good! Is it really Sydney? And she picked the name Sydney Anne. Is that what her real name is going to turn out to be too?

Great job! Keep me on the PM list! Thanks!

Megan

This looks really good. I'm curious if by chance Vaughn picked the right name, or her name really isn't Sydney, lol. Well, thanks form PM-eming me, and defiantly keep me on the pm list!!!!!!!

~Andrea :angelic:

that was a fantastic start! i hope that Syd and Francie become really good friends and that Syd and Vaughn fall in love!! :P what can i say i love the whole syd/ vaughn relationship :D
thanks for the PM
update soon :P

I really liked this, thank you so much for the pm, I love the way that this is headed. Please keep pming me for it please please please.

Thank you for the pm and please dont wait too long before you update.

Back