Love is A Gift

OO I hate Lauren!!!!
-At least they didn't take Isabelle or hurt her!!!
Can't wait for more!!! Thanks for the pm!!

A/N
mew chapter thanks for all your reviews
enjoy your day
~elle

Chapter Four
The Evolving Plan

Chase’s POV

“The investigation into the kidnapping of Sydney Bristow will cease.” I say to them promptly.
“WHAT!” Agent Vaughn yells at me.
“This investigation is not a primary concern to us. Arvin Sloane is our primary concern.” I state back to him.
“She’s been taken by Sloane. As far as I’m concerned what he plans for Sydney is a part of our concern in regards to Sloane’s affairs.” He snaps back at me.
“There will be no debate in the matter. This decision is final. She’s most likely dead anyway.” I say to them, gravely.
“So what, you expect us to give up hope.” Rachael says jumping in to Agent Vaughn’s defence.
“There is no use in having hope when we all believe she is dead. This is my decision and it’s not going to change. I’ll be frank with you, if I find any of you investigating her case further, I will have you charged with obstruction of justice. Do I make myself clear?” I stare at them all sternly.
“Crystal.” Agent Vaughn snaps at me. I fear I’m going to have trouble with him.
“Well that’s all from me. I’m off.” I say walking out of the room and exiting APO.

Rachael’s POV

“Who the HELL does she think she is? Jack she can’t do this.” Vaughn yells at Jack in anger.
“Do you think I am really going to listen to her? This is me we’re talking about. I want her found. I don’t care what you have to do, what international laws you break. I want her brought home safe and sound.” Jack says to us all coldly, a side we see far too often.
“Even if we do this off the books, we can’t use APO because our accounts are being watched. We will never get anywhere with out the resources of APO.” Weiss says dejectedly and he has a point.
“We do have the resources and we can use the computers.” I say to them all.
“Rachael, they’re watching us.” Weiss, says trying to restate his point.
“I’m fully aware of that, but there is a way to get into the computers without your actions being watched.” I say to them smiling broadly.
“How?” Jack says coldly. This man is never going to change, how can a man raise such a sweet and kind daughter and be so cold?
“Okay, first I need to explain the contents before the procedure. The way your accounts are watched is through a duplicate account which copies your actions and process the actions which are taken in a word document and sent via multiple servers. This is precisely how the CIA monitors your account to see if any suspicious activity takes place. That huge computer in the cool room networks all our computers and does sweeps of the duplicate account also known as a ‘phantom account’ and sees if anything suspicious or someone unauthorized accessed the data without permission or in our case using resources to investigate a closed investigation, this computer does this at five to twelve every night. At twelve o’clock it finishes and clears the information of the day and by the morning it starts afresh and repeats those actions again recording your actions and checking and clearing by twelve at night. So basically a watching account is attached to your account. There is a way to get the account to stop recording our actions without disabling the account and getting caught for shutting things down. When you log into your account instead of doing a quick log in, click on the log in link and this will bring up another window and it will have a link that says ‘log in after viewing account folder.’ You will be asked for your username and password but you won’t officially be logged so you will not be monitored which means that you can obtain your account folders and locate them and after you put your password in this window will come up.” I say to them all, trying not to confuse them all as I show them what to do. “Okay you see your account here, if you double click on that it will log you in, in your own monitored account and you don’t want that because you will be watched and just so you know because you’ve already stated your password it will log you in without asking you for it this just activates your official log in so basically it has collected your password and the computer is just waiting for you to say, yes I want to log in. This is beside the point. Okay, see this folder here with the dollar sign on it?” Everybody nods at me. “This is the watching or phantom account. You can get into this, by simply clicking here.” I show them and a black window with lots of computer language pops up. This is the information of what we have done in the past twenty four hours.” I say to them.
“So what do we do? Use our account and delete the information associated with it before five to eleven?” Dixon asks, curiously.
“No because the CIA can track that as it will register as a manual deletion and because the computer clears it for you the CIA will get an alert that something strange has happened on the server and they can track that information to you. This phantom account also has a windows because it copies what you do and process the information it can’t do that without a windows so you can access that and because the phantom account isn’t really supposed to be used in that way it doesn’t have a phantom account attached to it so you can use the resources of APO without being tracked. Okay to access the windows press control, alt, and k. This will bring up a keyword box like so and type in REF://Desktop and the desktop will appear and you can start your work without being watched. Does that make sense? Do I need to clarify anything” I ask them.
“So we log in the long way click on log in, bur first view our account folder, we put in out username and password and the window with our account folder and the phantom account comes up we click on the phantom account with the dollar sign on it and then the black screen with the information with our actions in the past twenty four hours comes up we then press control, alt, k and the keyword box comes up and we type in REF://desktop, and the desktop appears and we do our work without being watched.” Weiss says animatedly. “Hell if I can understand it everybody can.” He chuckles.
“Good work Rachael. That’s how we will go about it.” Jack says smiling slightly at me. “Start work immediately.” He says sternly to everybody. “Vaughn, stay behind.” He says softly. Vaughn gives him a confused look.

Vaughn’s POV

“We’ll find her, I promise. Go home, Isabelle needs you, I’m not excluding you from the investigation, use your wireless connection to the network and do exactly what Rachael told us.” He says to me, studying me carefully.
“Goodnight.” I say to him gruffly.

~**~

I hear her cries from the nursery and I get up for the fourth time tonight to retrieve her. She misses Syd, I know it. She knows something’s wrong. I walk into her room and I pick her up from her crib. I cradle her in my arms and kiss the top of her head. I look at the clock and realize it is four am, knowing I am probably not going to be able to sleep any longer I place Isabelle on my bed with some pillows around her and I go to the desk and I open my laptop and connect to my after doing exactly what Rachael said I begin to work desperately trying to gain a lead. And then I remember Renee, she always told me if I needed help to call her. I dial her cell, she answers after a few rings.
(phone conversation)
“Hello.” She says softly.
“Hey.” I say to her tiredly.
“Michael.” She says in surprise.
“I need your help.”
“Just tell me where to meet and I’ll be there in a heartbeat.”
“Get on a plane and I’ll meet you at LAX.”
“I don’t need to I am in LA already.” She says softly.
“I live nest door to Eric.” I promptly say to her knowing she knows the place.
“Weiss?”
“Yeah.” I say to her simply.
“I’ll be there in five.”
(end of phone conversation)
I close my phone off and change into a shirt and jeans. I pick up Isabelle and change her nappy. I pick her up at the sound of the doorbell. I open the door to see Renee’s smiling face. She sees Isabelle and smiles in surprise.
“You’d didn’t tell me about her.” She says in amazement. “She’s not…” She starts.
“No. Long story short she’s Sydney’s.” I say to her smiling at Isabelle.
“But you’re the father, right and that would mean you and Syd reconciled.” She says putting the bits together.
“Yeah we did.” I say to her, smiling.
“But if that’s true, how can you be the father unless you had an affair while you were married to Lauren and with that you would’ve had to known she was alive if I’m correct this would’ve happened when she was supposedly dead.” She says logically.
“Yeah, true, but I didn’t realize it was her. She was unrecognizable.” I say to her sounding far away.
“Tsk tsk tsk, you cheated on your back stabbing wife. Well well well, you learn some dark side of you every day. Well speaking of Syd, where is she I’m sure she wouldn’t appreciate finding a woman she doesn’t know talking to her, boyfriend would she?” She says to me, sounding rather amused.
“Actually she’s the reason I need your help.” I say to her softly.
“What happened?” She says sounding alarmed.
“Lauren, I’m sure you know about the doubling.” I say to her
“Yep.” She simply replies. “Stupid bi**h.” She mumbles angrily. I always laughed at this side of her.
“She came here and took Syd, we have no idea where she is. Can you help me find her?” I say to her desperately.
“Yeah, you know I will. I’ll call all my contacts who associate with either Lauren, Sark or Sloane.” She says straightaway.
“Sark’s apart of this?” I say to her in disbelief.
“Yeah, believe it or not. He may not look like it because he hasn’t done anything yet but believe me he will.” She states to me. “I’m guessing, kidnapping Syd has something to do with his crazy Rambaldi schemes.”
“So he won’t kill her.” I say to her logically.
“Exactly. So if we can pinpoint Sloane’s activities, follow him, interrogate his employee’s and try and get their location. But it won’t be easy.” She says pacing the living room.
“Because Sloane never makes it easy,” I say dejectedly.
“But if we get an idea what he’s up to we can stay one step ahead and steal whatever it is before Sloane’s men we can negotiate an exchange. Syd for the artifacts.” She says coming up with the idea.
“It’s logical and it may work.” I smile at her.

Sydney’s POV

The pain courses through my body as they cut my stomach with no anesthesia. “I’ll get you for this YOU SON OF A b****!!!!” I scream at Sloane in pain as they extract my eggs. The guard comes over to me and swings his arm with his gun in his hand at my head, and then darkness. I awake I don’t know how long later. Sloane walks into my cell.
“Good you’re awake. You must know how relieved I am that you are well.” He says to me. His voice sends shivers through my bones. It sickens me to the stomach. I don’t reply. “It’s okay you don’t have to speak. You must be exhausted.” He comes up to me and kisses me on the head. I feel his kiss burn my skin. I feel it as if it is a poison seeping me through my veins. I feel sick again. I feel my inside burning. And then the dizziness, and the tightness in my chest. I can’t breathe and the less I can breathe as the tightness increases. It continues and the dizziness makes me feel like I’m going to pass out. I can’t breathe no longer and then I see black I can no longer feel. The last thing I heard was Sloane’s sickening voice.
“Get the Doctor NOW!”

~TBC

A/N
so who wants to kill me?????

I knew they wouldn't listen to Chase!!!!
-I'm glad Rachel was there to make things easier!!!!
Uh-oh what happened to Syd!!!
-Can't wait for more!! Thanks for the pm!!

Chapter Five
The Passenger

Sloane’s POV

“I told you this was a mistake!” The doctor yells at me, but what would he know, it is imperative that she is under no anesthesia. “The pain is too much for her body and she is already fighting off the flu, her lung has collapsed and she is unable to breathe properly. I mean it Sloane, if we doesn’t operate she could die.” The doctor says to me seriously.
“Do whatever it takes, I want her alive.” I say to him harshly.

Renee’s POV

“I had a call from one of my contacts who is close to Sloane but loyal to me, he says Sloane is after the Passenger and he thinks that it’s Sydney. He thinks he has the Passenger apparently and the Passenger is used to lie out the coordinates of a Rambaldi artifact that is crucial to the whole assembly of the weapon he is building, The Sphere of Life. My contact says that Sydney is not the Passenger but whoever it is, according to a box he found, which directly relates to the Passenger, whoever’s name is etched on the box has a connection to the Passenger. The name on the box is Irina and we only know of one Irina.” I relay to Vaughn what my contact told me.
“Derevko.” He spits out as if it was a poison.
“We need to find her, she is the only one with all the answers.”
“True but for all we know she could be working with Sloane…”
“That’s a risk we are going to have to take because right now she is our only lead.” I say to him logically.
“Okay, but Irina Derevko isn’t the easiest person to locate.” He deadpans to me.
“I suggest you talk to Jack.” I say to him shortly.
“Don’t bother I heard it all.” Jack says coldly from behind us.
“Jack.” Vaughn starts.
“I have a contact protocol with her, I’ll see what she knows.” He says shortly and he turns on his heels, walking out of the apartment.

Jack’s POV

I pull out my laptop and go through the protocol of contacting Irina, she responds immediately.

IRINA: What can I do for you Jack?
JACK: It’s about Sydney, Sloane captured her. What do you know about the Passenger? Don’t disconnect, he thinks our daughter is the Passenger but a reliable contact says she isn’t.
IRINA: The Passenger is my daughter. I had an affair with Sloane, one-night stand years ago. My other daughter Nadia was the product of the affair. Nadia is the Passenger. To get the coordinates to the Sphere of Life Sloane needs to locate the Hourglass, which is an elixir to be is injected into the Passenger which then stimulates the brain and she convey’s the message. Find that before Sloane does and but you also need to find Nadia.

Vaughn’s POV

“So we need to find the Hourglass and Nadia and then just hand them over for Sydney! Are you insane, we would be handing him everything he need to get what he wants.” I say angrily to Jack.
“We don’t have to, we can find both and then make an exchange but only for the Hourglass. We can tell Sloane the truth, that Sydney isn’t the Passenger and that Nadia is, we don’t tell him that we have her we will keep Nadia safe. We get Sydney back, Sloane gets the Hourglass and he starts searching for Nadia which he will never find because we will have her.” Renee says laying out the plan.
“Good plan.” Jack says shortly. “Renee get in touch with your contact and see if Sloane has made a move on the location of the Hourglass. Vaughn, I want you to pull up every resource you have to find Nadia.” He commands me, and I get on it.

~**~

I search the files and I call my contacts in search of Nadia but after hours of research, I still can’t locate her. And then it hits me; I don’t know how I never saw it before. I remember that my father died protecting a little girl, a young girl who was close to Irina, the reason she killed him. If I can somehow follow her life I might be able to find Nadia.
“Jack, is it possible that the little girl my father died protecting could have been Nadia?” I ask Jack looking for some guidance.
“Now that you mention it, I guess so.” Jack says softly.
“Do we have any records on her at all?” I ask him quickly.
“Yes but she changed names all the time.” He says walking over to me and putting in his level six clearance, and pulling up even more files. “I’ll call Yuri Barsekoff, Irina last worked with him in 2002, he might know where she is.” He says making the call. I continue searching to see if I can pull up another lead as to where she went after 2002. Jack hangs up after a few minutes.
“Apparently she is among us and she is in fact right in front of our eyes, he wouldn’t say though, he practically laughed at me for not guessing yet.” Jack says coldly. “Search the CIA database with that photo, run it through facial recognition.” He orders me angrily. I put it through and it comes up with a match immediately, the result makes my blood run cold.
“Jack, you’re going to want to take a look at this.”

~TBC

A/N
Thanks to Lee who as always does a great job beta-ring this for me

:love:
~elle

Back