Love is One Big Lie

Love is One Big Lie~ Chapter 10

Sydney and Nadia made their way through 2 rounds of guards before they made there way to there greatest challenge yet: Lauren.

“You’ve made you’re way to subdivision D. I’ll let you pass to subdivision C without a problem if you do one thing. One on one fight with me. No weapons, just the good old fashioned way. Deal?” Lauren asked.

Nadia and Sydney looked at each other and nodded.

“Deal” they both replied.

“Good. Now that that’s through, I challenge Sydney to this battle. Nadia, you may watch from the sideline” Lauren said, taking off her jacket and getting ready to fight.

Sydney got that look on her face; the look she got when she was about to engage in a colossal battle. She knew Lauren wouldn’t be a pushover, and she was in for one hell of a fight.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Both the warriors stared each other down, waiting for the other to make the first move. They both knew that this was it; for one warrior, it would lead her down the path to freedom, and one step closer to defeating the Covenant and living a normal life with her little sister. For the other warrior, it meant pride. It meant that should could brag about being one of they very few who have ever beaten Sydney Bristow. It meant a reward for her actions. It meant she was the best.
It was Lauren who made the first move. Sydney liked to wait until her opponent came to her; that way she would know which attack they were going to use, and she could counter it. By the looks of it, Lauren was going to try to swing-kick Sydney in the face, and then punch her in the stomach. Sydney immediately knew what to do.

She ducked, avoiding the spin-kick, surprising Lauren. She didn’t stop though, and continued with her next attack; the punch to the stomach. Sydney did a back-flip, evading the punch, and landed a few feet away from Lauren, unharmed.

Lauren’s eyes opened slightly in surprise. She knew Sydney was good, but not good enough to predict every move before she even made it. Sydney stood there unharmed, while Lauren felt fatigued from throwing such ferocious attacks.

Lauren knew what Sydney was up to, and what she wanted. She wanted Lauren to keep attacking first. That way, Sydney could counter, and she’d be left with that much more energy drained. Lauren was not about to let Sydney have her way.

After a moment of staring her down, Sydney realized that Lauren was on to her, and she wasn’t going to be the first to make the move for round 2. If it had been anybody else, Sydney would just wait around all they for them to move. However, she didn’t have the time. She knew she had to get out of here fast and save her sister, and that Sark, Bomani, and a bunch of other Covenant agents were probably getting closer. Sydney didn’t have a weapon to defend herself, and neither did Nadia. If Sark and the others came, they would be defenseless. She didn’t trust Lauren either. She knew Lauren had something up her sleeve, whether it be knife or something else just as dangerous. She decided to go in for the kill.

She attacked Lauren, trying to conceal her movements so that Lauren couldn’t detect what move she was going to make. As Sydney suspected, Lauren didn’t know how to read movements. She was surprised. In her SD-6 training, she had learned how to conceal movements, detect them, the whole story. Lauren didn’t know that yet. Maybe Lauren wasn’t fully trained yet. Maybe she never learned. Maybe she was to nervous and under to much pressure to detect Sydney’s movements. Whatever the case, it didn’t matter. All to Sydney’s benefit.

Sydney delivered a strong upper-cut, leaving Lauren on the ground. Lauren flipped right back up, and dispensed a full-force punch to Sydney’s face, startling her.

Both warriors shook off the pain, and stood their ground. Sydney knew she would have a bruise there in the morning, and Lauren knew that she would be sore for month. Regardless of that, Sydney attacked again, this time using Lauren’s first tactic; a spin-kick to the face followed by a punch to the stomach. Only she was making a slight change; a back-handed slap to the face, and the spin-kick to the stomach.

Lauren braced herself while Sydney charged at her. Her spin-kick made a direct hit, and was effective. While Lauren was arched over, gasping for air, Sydney back-handed her in the face, the force throwing Lauren back. Sydney then waited for Lauren to get back up. She felt good, energized, and she was ready for any approach Lauren was ready to use. Lauren slowly crept off the ground, anger burning in her eyes, and blood dripping from her mouth. She wanted revenge on Sydney.

She lunged at her, grabbing Sydney’s neck, trying to strangle her. Sydney tried to shake Lauren off, but found that Lauren was a lot stronger then she was before, keeping a tight grip around her throat. Nadia jumped, wanting to help Sydney, but knowing she couldn’t. She watched in horror as Sydney was having the life strangled out of her.

Sydney’s vision became blurry, and her air supply was very low. She gave it 10 more seconds until she couldn’t breathe anymore. She closed her eyes tight and tried to think. She had no options. She was done. It all seemed hopeless, and this was the end.

Love is One Big Lie~ Chapter 11

Just then, something clicked. Being backed into a corner with know way out made Sydney feel frightened. Her will to survive was too strong, and she would not die here. Not like this. Not in front of her sister. She was determined to win, and free them both. She suddenly felt something great. She felt it surging through her veins. Pain, anger, fear, determination, courage, and bliss. Some of the emotions flowing through her. She felt great power, like she could do anything she wanted.

“I’m not going to… die here! Not… like this!” she managed to say.

She grabbed Lauren’s hands, and pried them off her neck. She squeezed them as hard as she could, feeling and hearing a crack, knowing that she must have broke Lauren’s hands. Lauren shrieked in pain. Then, with such force, Sydney threw Lauren to the ground, and began beating her. Not enough to kill her, but enough to make her wish she were dead. She no longer felt any emotions except for rage and bliss. She angry, and was going to take it all out on Lauren. She felt delight from beating Lauren; something she had wanted to do for the longest time. She was going to let Lauren live, and then it caved in, and she no longer had control. She never wanted to see this b**** breathing again. She was about to deliver the final blow, when she saw something out of the corner of her eye.

She could see Nadia hiding behind a pillar, afraid of Sydney. Her eyes were shinning brightly from where Sydney could see. Shining brightly with fear. For the moment, the short moment Sydney had felt that great power, she felt happy. It felt refreshing, and she was willing to go all the way and rip Lauren’s heart out, when she noticed her baby sister. Her sister was afraid of her. Was she afraid that Sydney might attack her too? Was she afraid of what Sydney had become? She did not know. All she knew was that her baby sister was afraid. She didn’t want to scar her sister for life and kill someone ruthlessly right before her very eyes, so released the half-dead Lauren, and approached Nadia. She could hear Nadia whimper as she came closer. Her sister was afraid of her. All the bliss and anger and power she felt before was gone. All she felt was regret, shame, and something else she couldn’t describe.

“Nadia?”

Her sister’s frightened expression faded away, and showed pure happiness. She tackled Sydney in a big bear hug.

“I thought I had lost you! You were… different” Nadia exclaimed, tears falling from her eyes.

“You did for a moment. I had no control whatsoever. That’s what scares me…”

In the distance, they could her loud clapping.

“Marvelous moves by Miss. Bristow. And to rap it all up with a sister/sister moment. Too much”

They both turned to look at who the voice belonged too. It was Mr. Julian Sark.

“Sark… what do you want?” Sydney asked.

He threw down his tranq gun, and approached the girls.

“I saw you’re fight with Miss. Reed. Spectacular. The last bit of it was the part I enjoyed most. It was because you had the eyes of a killer. It’s a pity, though. You’re power alone is great. That burst of power that you just experienced there was incredible. The power I could provide you with would be beyond imagination. Out of this world. All you have to do, is let me experiment on you” Sark explained.

“I’m nobody’s lab-rat! I will find this so called “great power” by myself, with help from nobody” Sydney replied.

“My friend, the power you desire is far out of you’re reach. The only way you can get it is through Rambaldi. Let him be you’re guide” Sark said.

Sydney laughed.

“There’s only room in this body for one: and that’s me. Besides, I already have a voice in my head that is telling me to kick you’re ass right now”

“Miss. Bristow, like Miss. Reed did, I am willing to present you an offer” he said, as he picked Lauren up and moved her behind another pillar.

Sydney cocked her head, showing interest.

“Either you can come with me, nobody gets hurt, we all get what we want, or we can fight”

“Fight” both girls said at the same time.

Sydney stood ready to fight.

“No, Miss. Bristow. Not you. You’ve already had you’re turn, and are out of energy. I rather fight you at you’re best. It’s you’re sister Nadia I want to fight” he said.

Sydney looked shocked. She knew Sark was a tough opponent, and that he would easily defeat Nadia

Sydney wasn’t used to being on the sideline. She was always in there, throwing kicks and punches. She knew Nadia would be easily beaten, and she couldn’t let that happen. But, there was nothing she could do.

Nadia braced herself for Sark’s attack. He lunged at her, and she ducked, causing Sark to fall forward. He got up off the ground, unfazed.

“I think… I’m in trouble” she thought, seeing as how Sark didn’t even have a scratch on him.

He lunged at her again, and she knew that he would not fall for the same old trick. She threw a kick at him, and he caught her leg before Nadia could finish her assault. He swung her around by the leg, and threw her into a pillar.

After a moment, she got up and shook the pain off. Her head was throbbing, and vision wobbly. She then saw a figure standing in front of her.

“Is it Sark?” she asked herself.

Once her vision cleared up, she knew who the person was. It was Sydney. Sark had thrown her into the pillar right next to where Sydney was sitting.

“Sydney’s so strong… and I’m… not. I can’t let her see me like this! I have to win! She fought to get me out of here, and I’ll fight to get her out!” she thought, as she jumped back up and charged at Sark.

She swung at him, and he easily dodged it. She kept swinging and swinging, but hit nothing but air.

“Tip of advice! Stop using so much ferocity in you’re attacks! It’s slowing you down!” Sydney shouted from the sideline.

Nadia paused to think about it. Sydney was right… as usual. She decided to stop swinging as hard, and focus on hitting him first. If should could do that, she might just win.

Sark decided to switch from defensive and go offensive, striking Nadia. She was able to block all of his attacks by crossing her arms together and putting them in front of her, using them as a shield. However, he kept her on her feet, so she could try to make a move. If she let her shield down, he would pulverize her. She had to think quickly, because every time he hit, she moved back a bit more. She tried to think of a plan, and then felt her back against the wall. She had no more space to move, which meant big trouble.

She let her shield down, knowing he would get a few hits, but she had an idea. He managed to punch her in the face twice, but it was worth it. She swung down and nailed him in his knees, causing his legs to give way, and he fell to the ground with a thud. Before he could get back up, she jumped on him and started to slap him in the face.

“Haven’t… you ever… heard… that you… never… hit… a… lady?” she asked, between strikes.

Sark put his hands up to cover his face, and she got up. She began kicking him, and he curled up into a ball, trying to defend himself. However, she was interrupted.

“That’s enough!” she heard a deep, male voice call out.

“Bomani!” Sydney said, as she turned.

She was right. It was him. She charged at him, wanting revenge for him abducting her.

He pulled out to large swords, and stood ready.

“Come any closer and I will cut you’re head off!” he shouted.

Sydney smirked.

“I call you’re bluff! You won’t kill me! You would have done it already! You need me!” she replied, causing Bomani to frown.

He threw his swords down, and ran at her.

“Here we go. This should be fun…”

Here are some spoilers for the next chapter:

<!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->Lauren slowly opened her eyes. She was amazed she still had them. Knowing Sydney, she would have probably ripped them out. She tried to remember where she was, and what happened, and then it all came back.<!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree-->

<!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->She saw Sark fighting Nadia, and Sydney fighting Bomani. Then, something else caught her attention: the tranquilizer gun the Sark had thrown down. It was only a few feet away from her.<!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree-->

<!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->Sydney continued to hold Bomani off, when she heard a loud thud. She looked over to see what it was, and saw Nadia on the ground.<!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree-->

Sorry this update is short, but I promise the next chapter will be alot longer.

Love is One Big Lie~ Chapter 12

“We’re getting close” Jack said, as the group sat in the back of the van, quietly.

“Do you think Sydney is okay?” Vaughn asked.

“Sydney can take a punch. No matter what they try to pull, she’ll be fine” Irina replied, crossing her arms.

Vaughn smiled. That was his Sydney… his.

They all prepared to storm the facility that Sydney and Nadia were being held in. They were determined to get them back, and put an end to the Covenant.

“I hope Sydney leaves Lauren for me. I want a few swings” Vaughn said, punching the air.

Irina smiled at his ambition.

“I hope she leaves some of Bomani for me” she replied, pulling out a knife and throwing it, hitting the side of the van.

Lauren slowly opened her eyes. She was amazed she still had them. Knowing Sydney, she would have probably ripped them out. She tried to remember where she was, and what happened, and then it all came back.

“I was fighting with Sydney, and she then beat me…” Lauren thought.

She saw Sark fighting Nadia, and Sydney fighting Bomani. Then, something else caught her attention: the tranquilizer gun the Sark had thrown down. It was only a few feet away from her.

She slowly crawled to the gun, in great pain. She tried to pick it up, but she remembered that Sydney had broke her hands, and she couldn’t use then. She took a deep breath, and grabbed it, aiming it at Nadia. The pain was killing her, and she couldn’t hold onto the gun much longer, before giving in to the pain. She quickly squeezed the trigger and dropped the gun to the ground. She then screamed in pain, rolling around helplessly on the floor.

Nadia felt something hit the back of her neck. It felt like a bee sting, and she reached her hand over to see what it was. She pulled out a dart.

“Oh no…”

She felt wobbly, and she just wanted to sleep. She saw Sark get up off the ground and brush himself off. She fought the urge to close her eyes, and swung at Sark, like a crazy drunk. Sark stepped out of the way, and she fell forward onto the ground. However, she couldn’t get back up. She closed her eyes and let the dart get the better of her.

Sydney continued to hold Bomani off, when she heard a loud thud. She looked over to see what it was, and saw Nadia on the ground.

“No!” she shouted, trying to run over to aid her sister.

She knew that if Nadia was captured, they would experiment on her. She would then have to break her out again, and go through all of this again… if she could break her out.

Sark grabbed Nadia and started to drag her by her leg, out of the room. As she ran over, Bomani grabbed her leg and threw her into the wall, causing the wall to dent and leave a big crack in it. Pieces of the wall started falling on her, and she noticed something; Bomani hadn’t let go of her leg. He then picked her up over his head by the leg, and with brute force, slammed her into the ground, making the room shake and dust fall from the ceiling. She was out cold. He then picked her up and threw her over his shoulder, carrying her to the room where Nadia was being taken. The room she had first escaped from. The experimentation room. Back to the machine.

Sark placed Nadia in the machine, and it began to fill up with the liquid. Bomani came in the room seconds after, and put Sydney and the twin machine, letting it fill up as well.

“It will take twenty minutes for the machines to fill up and be operational” Sark said, clicking a few buttons on a control panel.

“Good. In twenty minutes, we will start the experiment” he replied, leaving the room.

“Where are you going?!?” Sark asked, as Bomani walked out the door.

“To find Miss. Reed. She was a big help, and if it wasn’t for her, we wouldn’t have Sydney or Nadia” he replied, leaving.

<!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->Bomani, Sark, Lauren, and other important members of the Covenant all gathered into the room, to witness the beginning of a new era. Then, someone familiar walked in.

“Good to see you again Cole” Sark said, shaking his hand.

“You too Mr. Sark. So uh, I heard that pigtails is the chosen one. This should be interesting” he said, taking his place in front of the machine.<!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree-->

<!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->The team stormed the building, looking for any trace of Sydney or Nadia. They heard the clapping, and ran towards it.

“Jack! I think we’re too late!” Irina shouted while running.

“No! Don’t think that! We’re never too late” Jack replied.

They finally reached the room where they heard the clapping coming from.

“This is it…” Vaughn mumbled.

“On my word! 1... 2... 3!” <!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree-->

<!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->“Dad?”

“Yes?”

“I’m glad you’re here now. That’s all that matters”<!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree-->

Back