Love Me True

Mark make me sick. For once i thinks in similar way as Sark. It's probably not good :thinking:
Great update
Thanks for PM

AND...I'm first :D

awwwwwww sark was sooo sweet
mark is such a basterd so glad sark was there
loved the chapter
great fic so far loving it
can't wait for more

Omigosh!!! Those updates were totally awesome.
I love how Sark was playing spy...:lol:
And, how he punched Mark
And, saved Rachel...what a great guy (even though he's evil on Alias)
I can't wait until tomorrow.
Thanks for the PM and you did an awesome job on the last two updates!!!

-Erin :smiley:

A/N

Well. It seems that you guys love Double updates...well here are 2 more chapters. I must warn you, they are a bit racy and HOT. Enjoy and the next updates will be on Friday. Too bad more people aren’t reading this but for the few who are, these ones are for you.

Have a great day!

:smiley:

CJ

~ Part 10~

Gently, with his callused hand, he soothingly brushed the cascade of hot tears from her icy cheeks. With equal care, he eased his black jacket off his powerful shoulders and slipped her trembling body into it. The, as id she weight no more than a kitten, he lifted her into his powerful arms and carried her out into the velvet dark, the forest of their childhood, that smelled sweetly of juniper and wildflowers.

Carefully he placed her in front of him on his motorcycle. Then he straddled the seat and stomped down hard on something until the huge engine roared to life, its vibrations making her body shake and come alive again.

It was the most wonderful sound she’d ever heard.

Wrapped in his arms, and held against his long male length, she began to feel safe.

For years, she’d told herself she’d been weak and bad to love him; the drug stripped away the shame. She knew only a mindless glory to be who she really was, to be Julian’s girl again.

“Close your eyes, “ he ordered.

Then he tore away with the through the deep black trees over rough trails with her long golden hair streaming away from her face against his wide shoulders.

Rachel was safe now. Or at least she felt warm and cozy, like a butterfly in a snug cocoon. Somewhere an air conditioner hummed, sending draft of cool air into what had been an airless room.

They were in some deserted cabin on his ranch. What had Julian said? That he used it for hunting sometimes or that he came here when he wanted to be alone to study for a part? He’d stripped his jacket off and left it on the porch. To air out, he’d whispered with a conspiratorial smile as he’d wrapped her in a blanket.

She couldn’t remember much else of what he’d said or done, but she could open her eyes again. Her lids no longer felt like burning, leaden weights over her eyes. And through the dirty panes of a window, she could see a ripe, overlarge moon hanging like a bleached silver disc above the tops of the trees.

Where was she?

Where she wanted to be, she mused dreamily, like a princess in a fairy tale under a spell.

Where she’d always wanted to be.

In a soft, warm bed.

With Julian.

What her parents wanted didn’t matter. What she really felt was finally acceptable to her. All guilt and shame were gone.

Because he had saved her.

But when she reached toward him to trace his tanned cheek with gentle, loving fingertips, his blue eyes flew open and held hers, measuring her, warning her not to go so far.

Why was he so tense? What was wrong? Her brain was still fuzzy. So she didn’t understand his glowering scowl of rejection.

Not that he could look away from her any more than she could look away from him. Thus, they lay perfectly still, wrapped in blankets, facing each other. For what seemed like an eternity in that surreal moonlight, their adoring gaze remained joined, devouring each other’s faces, relearning each feature, memorizing even the tiniest changes.

She had dated other people and tried to forget him.

For years, because of her guilt, she had lied to herself and said she had forgotten him. She had lied to her parents, Julia and Mark. And by omission to Nicky.

As she studied the lean, harsh angles of Julian’s dangerously masculine face, she saw how much he had suffered.

Because of her.

She longed to tell him, to show him that he had never been far from her thoughts. She longed to run her hand through his hair, kiss his lips and loose herself in his sent.

Rachel didn’t know that she was dreaming because her forbidden dream felt as familiar as a favorite room. Because it was. She had dreamed this very same dream every night when she’d fallen asleep. Asleep, her guilt would vanish and her mind would fill with imaged that held only him. And ever morning she would awaken with the slightest memory of him.

At last he closed his eyes. When he began to exhale deep, every breath, she thought he was asleep and that she could safely kiss him.

“I love you, “she whispered, her low voice charged with tenderness as she traced his lips across his thick, blonde, feathery brow. “I always have. And I always will.”

His eyes snapped open the exact moment she fell asleep. Stunned by her loveliness on his moon-washed bed, his heart thudded with raw, unwanted emotion. He should get up. Instead, he lay beside her for what seemed like hours, watching her with a raptors’ unblinking, predatory gaze.

Unsmiling, he observed her full-lipped mouth, the sensuous curl of her long, spiked lashes and hated that just looking at her made him breathless.

She was so damned beautiful. She’d made him feel so worthless, he’d been driven to insane heights to prove he was worthy. And what had he proved…that he was still a fool when it came to Rachel Gibson?

After tonight he wondered if he’d ever be able to put her out of his mind. Slowly, very slowly, her nearness and warmth lulled him into drowsiness and he drifted off, too.

Julian hadn’t known he was asleep, until her low seductive moan startled him into wakefulness again. If possible the moon was brighter, fuller, diffusing the cabin with its soft white light.

She had moved closer to him. Before he could edge away, he felt her slim, warm hand inside the waistband of his jeans. Her shy fingertips pocketed against his flesh, electrifying him.

After months of not wanting any woman, his libido roared into overdrive. Instantly he was hot and aroused for her.

Her power to arouse him terrified him. Sensing his weakness, she squirmed neared, her soft warm female flesh smelling sweetly of soap and juniper. With a faint smile, she nestled into him.

She was heaven. Pure bliss.

No.

The bliss had gone out of his young life one tragic night. If he was going to talk to her, he had to wait this special brand of torment out, regain control…

Her hands fumbled inside his jeans. “Julian, “she breathed, stroking him in her sleep.

He was supposed to be the brazen one.

“Julian…” Her soft , velvety voice held wonder, adoration, familiarity; her urgent fingers made him ache.

Not with her. Never again.

Six years ago she’d condemned him to a lonely hell. He wanted to feel nothing for her.

She was drugged out of her mind.

The honorable thing was to protect her till she came to her senses.

Get real. You don’t have an honorable bone in your body, Sark. Neither does she.

Flashback

He though of their first time together. They’d been necking in his Chevy, the pink roses he’d stolen out of her mother’s garden laying askew on the dashboard of the car. His hands had been entwined in the mass of her golden hair. Jeans off, their perspiring bodies were glued together that long summer night. He’d been every bit as scared as she was, but he’d said cockily.

“The first time, you should do it with someone good, someone who knows how.”

“You think you know so much about girls and sex, but you don’t know anything, Julian. A girl would rather do it with the boy she loves.”

“I love you then, “ he’d quickly agreed, little realizing how deeply he’d meant it.

End of Flashback

Love. He was determined never to feel for any woman…especially her…again.

“You’d say anything right now, “the teenage Rachel had teased, seizing a rose and brushing the tip of his nose with it.

“But I do love you, “he’d proclaimed recklessly. “I do.”

The woman beside him smelled of roses, too…as the girl had that first night.

Forget the past. Forget love.

“Stay away from me, “he rasped, clamping his fist around her wrist. “You’ll take your hands off me…if you know what’s good for you.”

Her fingers tightened.

“Rachel, “he gasped. “Oh, god, Rachel, honey…don’t do that…Please…” He sucked in an agonized breath.

TBC

~Part 11~

“I love you, “she whispered. “I want you. Only you…”

Love. The word are at him like acid. Six years of heartbreak rushed back …lonely night spent in trailers in jungle locations. The years of being mobbed by strangers and yet not having a friend on set to so much as share a beer with or to confide in.

His fame had cut him off from everyone.

Rachel’s golden hair shimmered like skeins of silk in the moonlight. Her beautiful face was stark white; her blue eyes glittered with desperate emotions as dark and needy as his own.

“You’re the not the only one who’s been unhappy, Julian …or lonely. I wanted to forget about you, too.”

When he tried to push her away, she put a soft hand to his face, stroking his cheek with feather-light fingertips.

“You want to hate me, right…because I broke up with you? But it doesn’t have to be that way.” She flipped her hand and brushed the bridge of his nose with her knuckles, the way she’d done when she’d been his girl.

Her fingertips were scented with roses.” If you don’t like what happened between us, maybe our story isn’t finished. Maybe you should do something about it, rewrite our ending.

He held his breath, considering her words, in spite of everything.

She’d been his first woman. His first love.

No. There had been the baby, that wild night ride, Ben’s broken red car, her shutting him out after Mark led her away and her family had closed ranks. There was Nicky now. Mark , too. And other hurts.

If they hadn’t loved, Ben wouldn’t have died. If she hadn’t been ashamed of being pregnant with his child, they wouldn’t have sent Ben off on that wild, midnight ride. If…if…if…

He hated her for the emptiness and dissatisfaction he’d found in all his relationships with the girlfriends who had followed her.

Rachel had been born rich, to a politician. Politics made liars out of everyone, especially their families. Or maybe it was just the money that had robbed her of a real heart. Money was a kind of anesthesia that made the world and other people’s pain feel less real.

Ben was dead. Julian couldn’t change the part he’d played in that tragedy. All he wanted now was to find out about their baby…And that rowdy, blonde-hair little boy.

She leaned closer and pressed her mouth to Julian’s. One taste was like a whiff of an addictive drug. His black lashes lowered, her eagerness luring closer to that dangerous high.

Her trembling lips brought a tide of bittersweet memories. Soon, he could barely manage even token resistance. A fierce tremor swept him as her lips lingered burningly. When the tip of her pink tongue teased his mouth apart, his heart pumped wildly. On a long shudder, he pulled her tighter.

Sensing how near he was to surrender, her low, thick whisper caught him by surprise. “You used to tempt me. It’s my turn tonight. I’m going to make you want me again and love me again, Julian. And this time, you’ll never let me go.”

Love?

No way, babe. The most glorious women in the world throw themselves at me day and night. I can’t even get it up.

No way will I fall for you again.

His eyes snapped open. His scowls dark and fierce. She’d thrown him out and made him feel worse than the lowest worm.

Rachel dazzled him with a smile.

There were marks on her neck, cruel bruises. The bastard had hurt her. The dept of his concern stunned him as he brushed his palm along the dark marks.

A firestorm of emotions whirled around him and took charge, making mockery of his hatred. Her nearness, her scent, her touch, her seeking lips, her vulnerability, all aroused him to near busting.

Some men never learn. Love doesn’t always come in neat packages with declarations and vows. It steals with equal into fierce ,unwilling hearts.

She had already seized him by storm.

Get the hell up. Run.

Rachel’s soft gaze was hot and full of mischief. It caught him off guard with wild, erotic promises and melted his resolve.

No way could he leave her when she was drugged , he rationalized. She might do herself some har, while he was gone. He had no choice but to protect her.

With her mouth, she traced a scorching trail down the length of his torso, leaving skin on his flat belly tingly with aftershocks.

He lay as still as an enchanted statue beneath her, his heart thudding, his control ebbing. It was as if she were a sensual witch who’d cast a spell, as if she held him prisoner to her every whim and captive to his own desire.

When her trembling hands unzipped his jeans and tugged them off, he stared fixedly at the ceiling before shutting his eyes. But that was the most dangerous thing he could do. Her image brightly behind his closed eyelids, even more magnificent in his imagination. When he opened his eyes again, her silk slip was bunched at her waist.

He caught his breath as he pushed the fragile garment lower. When she peeled the thing down her thighs and them completely off, his eyes darkened.

She licked her lips before lowering her mouth to his in a soaring kiss and then attacked his neck.

“Rachel…”he accused hoarsely. “You threw me out. You damn near destroyed me.”

“It was hard for me, too.” You’ll never know how hard. I looked for love in all the wrong places. I made so many stupid mistakes.”

“Tell me about it, babe.”

“I’m sorry. So sorry for everything. I never got over you, Julian. That’s the truth. I never will.”

She continued loving him. Desire saturated his mind, his body. He had to stop her.

His heart roared in his ears. His harsh indrawn breath almost strangled him as he arched himself deeply toward her parted lips.

When gazed at him and laughed, he grabbed her hair, wrapped it around his fist, and pulled her face down to his. Closing his eyes, he kissed her with savage, practiced mastery. Only he wasn’t acting. She was real. His need was real.

“I missed you, Julian. I missed this.” Shamelessly, she dug her hands into his shoulders as he made love to her.

“You had all those women, “she moaned as the mattress bounced.

His body stilled; his mouth tensed.

“I…I haven’t had anyone…since you, “she confessed in a muffled, tragic tone.

“What about all those other guys?”

“I didn’t sleep with any of them.”

Something inside him stopped dead at the sorrow in her voice.

But her eyes were so wet and luminous, he couldn’t tear his gaze away. Nor his heart. With that single broken phrase she stole back his soul.

For six years she had been his tormentor.

He hated that only she could offer him solace.

Afterwards she clung, holding his damp head close so that their feverish brows touched, both of them breathing in hard and sighing softly. She murmured all those hatefully tender love words he couldn’t bear to hear and yet wanted to hear more than anything. Finally, mercifully, she lapsed into silence, kissing his neck, his temples, his closed eyelids.

He lay in the dark, savoring her sweetness, wanting to hold her forever, not wanting to consider how different everything would feel in the morning.

She’d be the senator’s daughter again. He’d be the vulgar movie star who’d caused her brother’s death. She’d be the woman he hated. He’d be the son of her father’s hated rival.

But he felt young and new. He wanted to carve their names in every tree trunk, to get in his truck and drive fast the way they’d done as kids, to brake at the last minute, to close his eyes and kiss her at every red lights.

He’d never gotten over her.

He closed his eyes. In the dark his lips found hers. They made love again. Only this time he was the beggar who went down on his knees and crawled to her.

He was both sweeter and wilder. He went longer, leading her up to titillating peaks time and again, until she was quivering and desperate. Afterwards, he knew this one night would never be enough. He wanted more.

And the more he got, the more he would crave.

He was doomed.

She’d hooked him…body and soul.

TBC

Pm List: Thanks guys, it means a lot to me.

les400coups
vaughnsgurl4lf
tubby
Stella1
xMountineer02300844x
albob

I'm first again :P Two double updates in the same day :D
No way will I fall for you again.
Yeah, right...
He was doomed.

She’d hooked him…body and soul.
Sorry Sark :D
Great chapters. They were finally together again. Can't wait for their disscusion.
Tahanks for PM

Great update. Mark is so mean. Sark needs to kill him (did he? my mind is going fuzzy). Sorry it took me so long to reply, I didn't mean to. If I don't reply right away for the next couple weeks it's because I have an exchange student and we're busy going places and seeing things. I can't wait until Sark meets Nicky (if he ever does). Thanks for the PM.

-Erin :smiley:

sorry it has taken me so long to reply
i only got back a while ago
but that was great
mark was really mean to her
i'm glad sark was therre to save the day
thanks for the pm

A/N

As promised, here are 2 new chappies. Just to let you know, there only 6 chapters and an Epilogue left, so enjoy it. Thanks for R & R and talk to you soon.

ZaZa, let me know if you still want to be on for the ending. Thanks.

~ Part 12~

“Georges! Rachel’s gone!”

Georges shrank lower behind his Wall Street Journal.

When he made no answer, Andrea broke one of Georges’ sacred rules and burst into his office without knocking.

Did Andrea really have to stand over him, pestering him with all this wedding madness when he had his elections to worry about?

Not that Georges didn’t adore her. Hell, he’d wanted her ever since she’d been sixteen and in love with that no-good Jonathan Sark.

Georges had been swimming underwater in the creek. Andrea had jumped from the rope swing. When she hit the water, her bikini top had come off. At the sight of her breasts, Georges’s goggles had steamed. He’d fallen instantly in love with her.

Georges still resented how hard he’d had to fight to win Andrea away from Sark. He’d hate the name Sark till the day he died. At fifty, Andrea was prettier than ever, thanks to diet, exercise, and a fortune on plastic surgery. Who cares if she cost plenty? She made him happy. She knew how to flatter him; she ran their domestic life smoothly; and she was a political asset.

“Georges!”

He flipped a page.

“Hell-ooo?” Andrea’s bright eyes all but burned a hole in his page. “Our phone’s ringing off the wall. We’re expecting hundred of guests. Rachel is gone. And you can sit there…”

He lowered his paper and stared at his wife.

“Her bed hasn’t been slept in!”

“So?”

“Maybe Mark knows something…”Before Georges could stop her, Andrea dialed the guest cottage.

At her horrified gasp, Georges shut the paper shut.

Andrea stared at her husband. “He hung up.”

Within seconds, their doorbell buzzed. Mark was on their porch, an ice pack pressed against his swollen, black eye. From the way he grimaced as he danced from one foot to the other, the man looked like he could do with a bag of ice on his crotch, too.

“Where’s Rachel?” Georges roared when he opened the door.

“He took her.”

Maybe it was the hot air gusting through the cracked door that swept Georges’s sanity away on a tidal wave of rage.

“Mr. Gibson, it was dark. One minute I was kissing her in on our trek in the woods. Then the cheap movie star slugged me.” Mark blurred in a hot red haze.

“Sark! I knew when he started buying up my town that he’d be trouble.”

“Georges! You’re purple! Your blood pressure!”

“We’re going after Sark.” Georges dug for his car keys in his pocket. “Andrea, you have to talk some sense into that crazy daughter of yours before she screws all our lives again.

Rachel’s head throbbed. Her muscles and joints even her bones felt achy. Her skin burned as if she had a fever. Yet, when she stirred sleepily, her body tangled in white cotton sheets and downy pillows, a gentle smile broke across her face.

Then her stomach growled. She was starving.

Mother had promised to cook eggs Benedict for her and Mark this morning, to serve it on the terrace overlooking the creek.

Rachel’s long black lashes quivered when squares of bright white, as harsh and hot as strobe of lights, flickered across her face. Cautiously, she opened her eyes.

When she saw gray, unpainted walls instead of her own familiar wallpaper with its tiny yellow roses and pink swirls of ribbons, she blinked jerkily.

She was in a cabin. Through grimy, dirt-crusted she saw green trees and golden sunlight. A mourning dove cooed, forming a chorus with buzzing cicadas.

What? How? Where?

Panic thudded through her, quickening her breath and sharpening her heartbeats.

Dimly she remembered waling onto the terrace last night, sick because Mark had been so jealous and furious about Julian. She’d called out to Mark in that soft moonlit darkness. He had answered. She had run lightly down to the boathouse.

The rest of the night was a terrifying blur.

Somebody had been with Mark. Another man. Paul, his brother. There had been music. She and Mark had danced, kissed. She had gotten too warm, become dizzy.

Vague disturbing images of Mark’s wet mouth hungrily devouring hers, of Mark carrying her somewhere into a frightening, misty void.

And then…nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

Gooseflesh prickled her skin. With an uneasy shudder, she rubbed her arms and opened her eyes wider. She must’ve had a bad dream.

The unvarnished rafters, walls, and dirty windows that came into sharper focus were no dream.

Where…

Outside a man hummed raspily. “they don’t know what love is…”
Startled, her gaze jerked toward the window. She sat up in a tense half crouch.

While singing, Julian was leaning back as far as humanly possible in a chair whose legs looked far too spindly to hold his muscular body. Nevertheless, he looked as maddeningly nonchalant, as cockily unconcerned as she felt uptight and terrified.

She cringed with fresh humiliation as he droned on about each garment the woman in his song could remover and how she should do so. Mesmerized, Rachel watched his brown fingers tapping out the beat of the song on his denim thigh.

Tears sprang to her eyes. Her nails dug into the cotton sheets as she scooted to the other side of the bed to get as far away from him as possible.

The springs groaned,

Bed…

She was in…in his bed.

The cotton sheets smelled of man. Of lovemaking. Of Julian.

There had to be a mistake.

She blinked rapidly as if that would make the nightmare dissolve. But as she peered out the window again, instead of vanishing , Julian loomed larger. With the sunlight back-lightening his blonde hair and massive shoulders, he looked even sexier than before. His upper arms bulged. He obviously tool time to work out. His pectorals were well defined, his waist narrow, his abdomen as flat as a washboard. Dressed all in black, his dangerous , chiseled face with that white, devil-may-care grin had the same devastating effect it always had on her idiotic, female senses.

Julian had been born knowing more about woman than most men learned in a lifetime. At least he knew about her. Doubtless, he’d used his fame and career, and all of those tabloid beauties, to hone the evil tricks that came so naturally to him.

Had he seduced her?

She would kill him.

Her parents would kill her.

The urge to run away was overpowering. Somehow she had to get out of here, away from him. Somehow she had to keep her parents and Mark from finding out about this.

When she sat up, she realized she was naked. In his bed.

Her clothes…what had he..

Shred of yellow cotton froth hung neatly from a nearby chair. Her stomach flipped queasily at the thought of him ripping her dress off. When her gaze leapt to her neatly folded silk slip, lacy bra and panties, her headache began to burn behind her eyelids.

Where were her shoes?

Shoes? Focus! An irrelevant detail like shoes didn’t matter. Julian Sark had blown her carefully planned life to bits…again.

Oh, God . When she licked her lips, they felt raw and bruised. Other parts of her body were sticky and tender, too.

In the next instant a fist full of brown knuckles rapped on the window pane beside the bed.

“You up yet, darlin?”

Her gaze darted toward the grimy window. Their eyes clashed through a gray streak of dirt.

She turned white and screamed.

“I’m coming in…”He said as he opened the door.

Again she screamed. Then she buried herself under the sheets and covers like a frightened child.

“No! Wait…Don’t…” She said peeking at him though a hole in his blanket.

“Don’t be such a coward. Come out from under that sheet.”

“I’m not dressed!”

“After last night, you’re got nothing to hide.” His smile and the cocky, low-throated chuckle that accompanied it were so erotic, her breath stopped in her throat.

“At least not from me, “he finished, laughing.

“I’m never coming out. I’d die of shame.”

“Embarrassment never killed anybody.”

Rachel felt Julian’s hand, gently easing the blanket away from her flushed face. He Didn’t stop pulling until the top of her golden head and her long-lashed, blue-eyes were revealed to him.

His broad-shouldered form leaned toward her.” You’re in a different mood this morning, babe, “he said. ”What’s wrong?”

His eyes watched her. There was something in them, some new awareness, an eagerness, that she didn’t want to acknowledge.

“Last night…you were most…affectionate.”

She stared at him with growing horror, her throat tight, her mouth dry.” I…I hate you.”

“You couldn’t get enough of me last night. You were…we were…well, pretty incredible.”

TBC

~Part 13~

Her gut twisted with fresh shame. “I don’t believe you.”

“I was afraid things would look different to you in the morning. You were so sweet, and so damned pretty.”

“I don’t believe anything you say!”

“Fine. Suit yourself.” He chuckled, but her words had wiped that tender eagerness from his gaze.

“Your head hurts, I’ll bet. You probably don’t remember much…Lucky for you, I remember everything. So, if you get curious, I could describe our night together un the most vivid detail. In fact I’d love to.”

“Spare me.”

His blue eyes sparked. “You’re sure?” As always he could read her mind and he could see that a big part of her wanted him to tell her or better yet, show her but she didn’t want to encourage him.

With a moan, she clamped her hands over her ears. “I am living in a nightmare.”

His smile died.” So am I.” With a low curse, he leaned down and jerked her toward him.

“Do you think I wanted this to happen?”

In outraged modesty, she struggled against him. “I-I want to know what’s going on? Why am I here?”

“You tell me.”

“You thanked me on Oscar night…”

A muscle clenched in his carved jaw line. “Oh, that, “he said. “Sorry, Chalk it up to stage fright.”

She sensed he wasn’t being entirely truthful. “You’re not telling me everything.”

“Neither are you. You have a little boy…Nicky.”

She went still. Staring up at him, her heart began to knock.

“He’s five. His hair is blonde. Like mine. In fact, he bears a rather startling resemblance to me. Whose is he?”

“Mine, “She breathed.

“And?”

“Please, don’t, “she whispered. “You have no right..”

Julian stared, his expression blank. Then his nostrils flared. “You told me our baby died.”

The blood drained from her face. Her mind spun backward to that terrible night when Ben had died and she lain in that hospital bed sick and brokenhearted. All she’d wanted was to do one thing right , to make her family happy and whole again.

Her voice shook. “I…I don’t want to talk about Nicky.”

“Nicky.” He repeated her son’s name with such soft, paternal reverence she was taken aback.

“I said I won’t talk about him.”

“Well, you’re going to talk about him. You’re going to tell me everything. And the sooner, the better.”

“Nobody’s supposed to know about him.”

“Not even me?”

“You? You…you’ve been out of my life for years. Why did you drag me here against my will…to thi isolated cabin?

“I’ve been trying to find out about Nicky for a week. Last night was an accident.”

“How could you sink so low as to seduce me?”

“You have it backwards, especially that last part, babe. It was the other way around. You seduced me. For your information I put up one helluva fight…defending my…er…virtue.”

“I don’t believe you for one second. “You’re a monster.”

“Maybe. But I’m your future husband, too.”

Her eyes thinned to black-lashed, blue slits. “No.”

When I’m through with you, you’ll beg me to marry you.”

“You’re insane, “Bunching the sheets above her breasts, her bare feet hit the cool wooden floor. She sprang out of his bed. “I’m going…”

When she took a step around the end of the bed and stared at him. “I’m going to marry Mark.”

He shook his head. “Not in this lifetime.”

Her face reddened. Her heart pounded.

“You!” She spat the word

Julian’s mouth thinned. “I want Nicky. Which means I’m stuck with you. I don’t like it better than you do.

When she sprang at him, her fingernails outstretched, Julian caught her easily. Her sheet tumbled to the floor, pooling at her ankles. Not that she cares as she trashed naked in his arms.

“I hate you.”

“you wanna bet…”

Then his hands were all over her.

She fought him madly, trying to kick his shins, to pummel his tick, powerful chest. All too soon she realized that wriggling female flesh and her passionate anger were having an effect upon him that was entirely opposite to the one she desired.

With an iron grip he yanked her closer. When he thrust her against the wall, he began to shake.

“Damn you , Rachel.” he backed her against the rough unpainted boards. “You and your hypocritical family made me feel like dirt, “He paused. “I want to feel nothing for you. Nothing. Do you understand? You destroyed me because of your damned daddy’s political agenda. I didn’t kill your brother. You weren’t fair to blame me. If it’s any comfort to you, I’m even happier about this mess than you are. When you seduced me last night, you trapped me in the same hell you are.

It took a long time for her to meet his gaze. Near tears, she gulped in air. He closed his eyes. Then he fused his mouth to hers and pushed his tongue inside, ravaging her. The heat of his kiss was hotter than anything she’d ever known. One taste of him, and fire burst like a blossom inside her. He flattened her soft breasts to his rock-solid chest. He cupped her buttocks.

Shameful longing dissolved her fury. In the next moment her lips parted of their own violation, and he ground himself against her.

“Oh, Julian…Julian…”She murmured in soft, breathy tones, arching toward him.

When her fingers circled his neck, combing the long blonde hair at his nape, his angry kisses gentled. With a desperate hunger, he lifted her closer, and she melted against him.

“You ever done it against a wall, babe?”

“Don’t ruin it, “she whispered.

“You know we did.” He laughed, remembering, too well.

She wanted him too much to care what he said. On a sigh of utter longing, she fashioned his name again.

“Julian.”

“You see, darling. You’re just as big a fool as I am.”

She tried to jerk free, her face hot with shame, her heart slamming Hard and quick. But he caught her hands and held her fast, interlacing his fingers with hers.

“After what you did to me last night, I can’t let you marry that bastard. He’s not adopting my son either.”

“Julian…”

“No kid of mine is gonna grow up with a daddy. The sooner you get used to that fact, the better. I’m not letting you go. Not after last night.“ He kissed her again. Each time his mouth touched hers, her blood surged. Instinctively she molded herself to him. His mouth was a brand searing her lips, her throat, her eyelids. “You are mine, senator’s daughter.”

When he finally stopped kissing her, she slumped against the wall. With purposeful strides he crossed the room. Yanking a dresser drawer open, he pulled out a loosely woven cotton shirt, a belt, and a pair of faded jeans. These he threw at her before he opened the door and left.

As she shakily dressed and smoothed her hair, her senses slowly came back to her. Her parents and fiancé were waiting for her in the house with some sort of rational explanation for her disappearance last night.

There wasn’t one.

As the mischievous daughter sandwiched in between a brilliant, studious sister and a coveted only son. Rachel’s parent hadn’t appreciated her penchant for devilment. Not her had they liked her soft heart. No matter how fiercely they’d disciplined her or how hard she’d tried to be good, her virtue never lasted. Her soft heart had made her easy picking for quite unsuitable boyfriends who’d cried on her shoulder. Still, for as long as she could remember she’d wanted them to be as proud of her as they’d been of her brother and sister.

TBC

Pm List: Thanks guys!

les400coups
vaughnsgurl4lf
tubby
Stella1
xMountineer02300844x
albob

i just found this
it's really good. i can really feel the tension because sark and rachel
and i thought it was hot as hell when julian said that she was going to be his wife, like it was a done deal

update soon!

Great chapters. Angsty. Sark is a good guy. Mark is a bad guy. If i wouldn't belive in it too. Please make her remember this :D
And still can't wait for Sark to meet with Nicky :smiley:
Thanks for PM

P.S. I care for this story. I didn't review this cos i had really big test and i had too study. But I have weekend now :D

A/N

Here are 2 more chapters for you to enjoy. There's only 4 more chapters and Epilogue left. Hope you enjoy the new updates and talk to you soon.

CJ

~Part 14~

“My daughter? Married? To you? “ Georges Gibson jabbed a finger menacingly toward Julian.

“Rachel! Get in here!” He yelled.

Rachel pressed her splayed hand against the doorframe and slowly walked into the living room.

At the sight of her daughter’s wild hair, Angela stared, her concerned, maternal squint freezing on Rachel’s swollen lips and the masculine shirt falling softly over her daughter’s breasts.

“Mother.” She squeaked. “Daddy.”

“What happened to your pretty yellow dress, Rachel Ann?” her mother asked.

“Somebody ripped it off her, “Julian said coldly while eyeing Mark.

“What!” Her parents glared at Julian as if he were a monster.

“Don’t look at me, “he said with an outraged air of innocence that didn’t quite suit him.

She turned to face her fiancé as he gingerly eases himself off the chair and winced as he reached the table for a glass of water.

“Why is Mark hobbling like a crippled old man?”

With his misshapen, blood-filled, black eye, Mark looked even more gruesome that her father.

Rachel whirled on Julian. “What did you do to him?”

“You should thank me.”

“How could you…do this to him? To me?”

“It takes two to tango, babe, “Julian purred. “You said you didn’t want to know about last night.”

Rachel tried to smile. Instead, she stumbled on the couch as mute with shame as a guilty child. When the door banged noisily behind her, Julian shoved a chair toward her father.

Georges glared at her, his silence so thick and hostile, the soft cotton collar of Julian’s t-shirt tightened around her neck, cutting her breath. As always, ever since she’d been a little girl, her father’s disapproval overwhelmed her.

Maybe if she hadn’t been wearing Julian’s clothes, she wouldn’t have felt at such a total loss. But Julian’s shirt and baggy jeans branded her as his. His fresh male scent clung to his clothes and was a constant reminder of the intimacies they’d shared.

Her father’s eyes probed her flushed face.” Your dress was torn of you. And Sark’s boy here says he’s gonna marry you, Rachel Ann.”

When Rachel only chewed her bottom lip, Georges whirled on Julian. “Tell me you’re lying.”

Julian gave them a huge grin. “After last night, marriage is the only honorable option.”

“When hell freezes over, “Georges yelled.
Rachel buried her hot face in her hands.

“Your sordid sex life with Hollywood tramps is legendary! Georges roared even louder.

“Why would somebody like you want to marry a girl like Rachel anyway?”

Rachel winced. She fisted her hands. Just as quickly she opened her fingers and flexed them. Julian’s grin deepened her blush.

“Maybe I’m just a sentimental guy.”

“Rachel.” Her father leaned toward her. “What do you have to say? Look at me, girl. You know I’ve got a tough race. The opposition will have a field day with this. Is this more of your childish rebellion?”

Quick, mutinous tears burned her lashed. Looking away, she swiped at her eyes. Her father always cared about himself instead of her. When she’d gotten pregnant, all he though of was his career. When she told him that she was keeping Nicky after all his objections, again he’d worried about himself. He hid her and Nicky in Louisiana to avoid talking about his shameful daughter and her bastard child.

He always thought the worst of her. Rachel should know by now that she couldn’t ever please him.

While he studied her face, Rachel kept her focus on Julian. He was looking at her with so much intensity that she could feel him reading her mind.

“Rachel Ann…Answer me.”

Why? You never listen to me anyways.” She shouted and then tightened her mouth shot. Her eyes glued her on the stoned faces of her mother, father and fiancé. Julian smiled.

He strolled to her side. His heavy arm slid around her as he stared into her father’s eyes.

“Your daughter is the woman I want.”

Forgetting that she was still mad at him for seducing her, she nestled into him. Only after her father’s glare did she remember she should push him away. Julian’s arm tensed, holding her there by his side.

“If you do this dreadful thing, dear, what will people say?” Her mother whispered. “Do you want your father to lose?”

“You’re out of your mind to marry him instead of me.” Mark chimed.

“Shut up, “Julian said. “All of you.”

Georges Gibson slapped his hands on his knees and jumped up. “This craziness has gone long enough. I’m tired of wasting valuable time.”

“So am I.” Julian’s voice was equally hard. “Let’s cut to the chase, shall we? Rachel was my girl. I got her pregnant. I wasn’t good enough, so you chased me out of town. You wanted to look like the perfect father to your constituents, so you told her to say that our baby died. Well, I found out about Nicky.”

Mark sprang to his feet. “You son of a b***.”

“Let me see if I got it right. I know she’s been hiding in Louisiana, so people wouldn’t put two and two together. Mark here was supposed to marry her, dream up some story about my kid and then conveniently adopt him when your constituents are distracted with other matters. Does that sound right?”

“I’ll say Nicky is mine. Nobody will believe a low life like you.” Mark told Julian.

“You do that and I’ll tell the press what you tried to pull in the boathouse. “They’ll love after that.”

Mark’s eyes twitched with anger. “Liar!”

“Tell me.” Rachel asked Julian as he took a breath and then explained.

“His no-good brother drugged her.” he said to pointing at Mark. “Then he attacked her…tried to raped her…” He closed his eyes as imaged of pulling Mark on top of her as she screamed for him to help her.

“Drugged?” Angela moaned. For the first time her shocked gaze contained concern for her daughter.

“Is that true?” Rachel asked Julian. “But when she saw the pain in his eyes, she knew he wouldn’t lie about something like that.

“You disgust me.” Mark’s voice was self-righteous , but was visibly shaking now.

“Rachel, you can’t believe I would something that awful? Would you?”

“You got an hour before I make the call. If you force her to go through with this wedding. I promise you that you’ll have more paparazzi than wedding guests. And believe me, this kind of scandal is not the kind to sweep away under the carpet.”

“I don’t need an hour, “Rachel said turning to Mark. “You tried to rape me? If it weren’t for Julian you would have pretended that last night never happened. How could you this to me? I hate you.” She said as she slapped him violently on the cheek.

“Get out of here before I call the police.” She told him.

“You’ll be hearing from me and if I were you, I wouldn’t leave town. I have connections all over that will gladly take care of you.” Georges Gibson said as they watched Mark Jackson leave the mansion.

“I’m sorry, sweetheart. “Georges said as he pulled his daughter into a hug. “I never wanted you to get hurt. If being with Julian is what you want, then so be it.

Julian took Rachel’s hand in his as he looked into her eyes. “So what do you say, babe. Will you marry me?”

She smiled. “Yes, I will marry you.” She said as he leaned in and kissed her.

As they pulled apart, he rested his forehead against her. “But first, I want to meet to my son.”

“I’ll make the call.” She smiled.

TBC

~ Part 15~

Rachel called Julia and told her to bring Nicky as soon as possible. She also told her that Julian knew everything and that it was time for father and son to meet.

Julia couldn’t contain her happiness that Rachel was finally getting the family she’d been longing for.

“So?” Julian asked when Rachel hung up the phone and came to sit beside him on the couch.

“He’s gonna here in the morning.” She smiled.

“I can’t wait.” he smiled. “My son. I’m gonna see my son for the first time tomorrow.”

“Tell me about him?” He asked.

She laughed.” He’s acting more and more like you every day. He likes dogs and swimming in the lake. He’s a happy little boy. I’ve tried to give him everything he needed.

“Did he ever ask about me?”

“He wondered why he didn’t have a dad. I told him that the situation was complicated and that maybe someday he would meet his dad. I always reminded him that you loved him.”

“I Haven’t met him yet and I already love him.”

“You’ll be a great dad. “

“I hope so. I didn’t have much of a role model growing up.” he sighed.

Grabbing his face into her hands. “Hey, you’re nothing like your dad. And Nicky will be lucky to have you in his life.”

“What didn’t you tell me about him?”

“I was afraid. My family put so much pressure on me to be the good child, always doing the right thing. I thought it was the best thing to do to go along with them. That I was protecting Nicky…and you.”

“Protecting from what? Me?”

“I thought that it would ruin your career if people knew you had a child. I didn’t want to force you to be with us. I thought you had moved on….and from what I’ve seen and read in the past six years, you did look like you forgotten all about me and were happy with your life. That was until your speech…”

“My speech.” He sighed. “ That what made you change your mind about me?”

“Yes. When I saw you all broken inside like I was, I knew that you still cared. I could see in your eyes that what we had together meant as much to you as it did me. That what we had wasn’t a teenage fling but something real love. True love. The kind of love that could last a lifetime. As much as I tried to deny it, I couldn’t forget you. You had a part of me that I never wanted back and every time I saw Nicky, I was reminded of what we shared.”

“For six years, I lived in pure hell because I thought you didn’t love me as much as I loved you. I thought that what we had was something that you were ashamed of. Your family had so much influence on you that I was sure they convinced you that I wasn’t worthy of you., that’s why you asked me to leave that awful night. That night I saw the hurt in your eyes and I knew that I was responsible for it. I put it there. I couldn’t live with the knowledge that I’d hurt you. I knew I needed to change. To prove to you that I was worthy of you, of your family. I also needed to prove to myself that I was better than my dad; that I wasn’t a low life human being like him. I made something of myself but it didn’t mean anything because you weren’t there to share with me.”

“Shhhh! “She said, pressing a finger on his lips.” I’m here now and I’m never letting you go. In your arms is where I belong. I’m home when I’m with you.”

He leaned in and kissed her.” You, me and Nicky will be a family and I’m never letting either one go ever again.” he whispered against her lips.

~*~

The next morning, Julian was pacing up and down the living room as he was waiting for Julia to arrive with Nicky. Rachel was trying to calm him down the best she could but she was as nervous as he was. Finally, they heard a door shot as they exchanged a glance.

“They’re here.” Rachel said as she made her way to the front door. Julian stood in the living room, his eyes glued to the front door.

She opened the door and the little boy came running into her arms. “Mommy, I’ve missed you.” he said, hugging on tightly around her neck.

“Nicky, how I missed you.” she said, kissing his cheek a few times before putting him down and taking his little hand in hers.

“Come on, there’s someone I want you to meet.” She leaded the little boy to the living room where Julian stood, his heart about to busted out of his chest when Nicky came in, took one look at him and smiled.

“ Baby, this is Julian.” Rachel said softly. “ Your Dad.”

“Hi.” Julian smiled nervously.

Nicky let go of his Mom’s hand and took a few steps toward Julian. They stood in front of each other, staring at one another. Julian couldn’t believe how much he looked like him. He knelt down at Nicky’s eye level and smiled.

“I’m so glad to finally meet you, young man.”

“Did you bring me a present?” Nicky asked as Julian laughed.

“Sure thing.” He replied as he got up and move to the desk to retrieve a big red box.

He gave the box to Nicky as the little boy’s eyes could tear themselves away from the nice man who was his father.

“Sweetheart,” Rachel said kneeling down on the floor as she took Julian’s hand, “Remember I told you that your father lived far far away and that someday he would come back for us?”

“Huh! Huh!” Nicky replied as he focus his attention on the big present.

“Well, he’s here now and we’re getting married. We’ll be a family the three of us. Is that okay?”

“Okay.” Nicky agreed.

“Okay.” Can you give Julian a hug?” Rachel asked.

The little boy stood up and leaned closer to Julian and flung himself into Julian’s arms. Julian tightly held him in his arms and couldn’t believe that he had a son. Rachel looked at the two of them and wiped away the tears in her eyes. It was a moment she always dreamed of but until two days ago, never thought we ever come true.

“I love you, Nicky. You and your mother and I‘m never leaving you again.” Julian said, kissing his cheek and grabbing Rachel’s hand.

“Daddy, please don’t ever leave me again. Okay?” Nicky begged.

“Never again, I promise.” Julian said as he looked at Rachel over Nicky’s shoulder and when he saw her smile, he knew they would be together forever.

TBC

Pm List: Thanks guys, it means a lot to me.

les400coups
vaughnsgurl4lf
tubby
Stella1
xMountineer02300844x

albob
Entropy
Thumper

Great update :D
Everyone know that Mark is a jerk. They're getting married. AND Julian and Nicky finally met :smiley:
What else can i say. Fluffffffff :P
Thanks for PM

Ally

A/N

2 new chapters. Just so you know, there are only 2 chappies and Epilogue left. You might think it's short but it always been my intention to write 20 chapters.

Be there for the conclusion this weekend.

CJ

~ Part 16~

1 month later

With the sunshine glowing through the stained glass windows of the charming, limestone church and organ music resounding beneath the rafters of he vaulted ceiling, there was no sign that the impending ceremony was not wished by all. Maybe Georges and Angela Gibson who were still furious at their daughter for marrying Julian. They kept telling that she was gonna ruin her life if she’d married Julian Sark but Rachel said that it was time for her to make her own decisions and that she and Julian had waited long enough to be together.

Trapped in a small Sunday school near the chapel with a cop at the door, Julian and Mac hurriedly dressed. Julian’s black tie dangled untied around his neck as he inserted black enamel studs into his cuffs. Through the thin walls, he could hear the buzz of gossip in the chapel. The political blue bloods probably blamed him for the frenzied clamor of the paparazzi outside.

Damn.

Even though the only person Julian had invited was Mac, the church was packed. Circling helicopters and throngs of newsmen had turned the wedding into a media circus.

Georges was as outraged as Reverend Scott. Rachel had turned white when a journalist phoned and ask if she was pregnant. Julian had grabbed the phone and slammed it down. Then he’d called Mac.

Like so many events in Julian’s life, his wedding had become a public ordeal to get though.

“Man. Your Rachel’s really classy.” Mac pulled Julian’s pressed jacket off its valet’s hanger and shook it out. When Julian said nothing, Mac slid the jacket over Julian’s straining muscles.

“Either the jacket’s a little too tight, or you’re a little uptight.”

Julian flexed his arms. “It’ll do.”

“I like your Rachel, “Mac said.” She’s a real lady.”

“She is.”

Mac’s intrusive presence, the organ music, the dramatic murmurs from the pews, and the wails of sirens outside made the prospect of marriage suddenly too real for Julian.

“I can’t believe you’re doing this, “Mac persisted.

Anger pooled in Julian’s blue eyes. “Neither can I.”

“You thank a girl I never heard of for your Oscar. You leave my party. You don’t call us for weeks. Then…bam! You want me to bring your tux, arrange a wedding license, tell Daniella she can keep the diamonds you rented Oscar night as a goodbye present. You tell me to get out here and be your best man. What do you think I am? A genie with a towel wrapped around my head?

“It’s complicated.” He sighed.

“Is she pregnant?” Mac asked.

“No.”

“The kid I saw last night, is he yours?”

“Yes. She’d been hiding him in Louisiana for five years. A bastard grandson wouldn’t have look to good for the senator.”

“Gotcha. Look. Marriage isn’t an easy proposition under circumstances like these…especially in our business. But it’s bound to fail if you have a bad attitude.”

Sirens screamed outside in the parking lot. Julian frowned.

“Can the lecture.”

“I never told you before. I had to marry Tanya.”

“Not now, Mac.” He said nervously

“You’re gonna hear what I’m saying, brother.”

Julian flipped one of the Venetian blinds open. The parking lot was jammed with cars, police vehicles, and reporters. Those morons with their microphones and long lenses loved turning his life into a living hell.

“You think we’ve always had this perfect marriage, “Mac persisted. You know how girls like me, how I never so much as touch one…”

Curious Julian released the Venetian blind, pivoting as it popped back in place. He stared at Mac hard.

“Hey, I used to chase tail. Tanya caught me. Man, I nearly messed everything up for good. She kicked me out. I found out quick how much I loved her. I wanted her back. I wanted my life back. She wanted a divorce.

“So?”

“When she took my back, I didn’t get a night’s sleep for a year. Any time my head hit the pillow, bam, she’d start to cry about those other girls. She’d want to know if I loved her. I’d have to hold her and say how sorry I was over and over again. After a year, she finally said, “You stay with me, means you stay with me. Period. No more girls. Brother, she taught me that women run the show.

“I let Rachel run me once. She’d what made my life go so crazy.”

Mac would have offered more unwanted advice had not Reverend Scott cracked the door and grimly signaled it was time.

“Well, Mac?” Julian muttered. “You ready to take a stroll up that aisle? Or are you having too much fun playing marriage counselor?”

“Is it just my imagination, or does the saintly reverend detests you?”

“I don’t think it’s your imagination. His most memorable sermon was about me. Ranted on and on about me being the devil’s spawn. I was pretty cocky growing up. “Julian’s grin held dark mischief. “You think he’d be grateful. If it weren’t for the devil…and his er…misbehaving spawn, the old bag would be out of a job.

Rachel was in that wedding chapel with the helicopters whirling outside. She was walking down the aisle in her long trailing gown. An elegant Julian was turning slowly while Nicky danced up and down excitedly the rings on his white satin pillow jiggled. The smoldering light in Julian’s gaze made her spine prickle.

Nicky whirled, his high excitement uncontainable. At the sight of his mother’s blushing face half hidden behind a white wedding veil, a low, bold grin spread across his awestruck face. His devil-may-care smile was so like Julian’s, she’d nearly fainted.

When she’d continued to walk up that plush carpet that muffled her footsteps to the beaming pair with their identical blonde hair and grins. Nicky grabbed a wad of her silk skirt and wrapped an arm possessively around Julian’s black trouser leg. With a tug he’d dragged them closer to the altar.

Someone…her father, she thought, exhaled a hissing breath of disapproval directly behind them.

Then in that silent church, before scowling Reverend Scott could begin, her precious little boy’s voice had rung to the rafters.

“Mom, are you marrying daddy because he’s my real dad?”

Pivoting, her face feverish, Rachel had seen her father’s purple face as he got to his feet.

An expectant hush mushroomed in that tiny chapel. Outside helicopter rotors roared rhythmically and sirens wailed. Her heart had beat wildly as she slowly flexed and un-flexed her fingers, She forgot that she was humiliating her father and thought only of Julian. In that awkward, never ending moment of communal quiet when she’d seemed to hesitate before taking Julian’s hand, ever nerve she’d possessed had screamed Nicky’s question, too.

Mom, are you marrying daddy because he’s my real dad?

Paralyzed before friends and family, she’d clung to Julian’s warm hand when he’d knelt to Nicky’s level, rasping yes so low only the boy could hear. Then Julian had pressed a finger to the little boy’s lips as if to seal them. Nicky nodded shyly, his damp fingers tightening on his mother’s skirt.

When Julian had stood up again, ridiculous tears had streamed down her cheeks. Julian had squeezed her hand. When he brought it to his lips, closed his eyes, and kissed each fingertips with infinite gentleness, the congregation had sobbed, too.

She’d felt like a thousand eyes boring into her spine as he lifted their joined hands. She felt a thousand hearts willing their marriage.

But it was the memory of Julian’s eyes so tightly shot when he’d kissed her fingers and Nicky’s radiant face that had gotten her through the ceremony.

Somehow she had numbly stumbled though her vow, hardly hearing the preacher command Julian to kiss the bride.

She smiled when Julian’s fingers had lifted her veil. The minute he had touched her, she’d gone limp. Then his strong arms had gathered her close, holding her so fiercely he’d bruised her ribs. After that, he’d shut his eyes. His hard mouth had claimed hers in an endless, glorious kiss. Slowly her hands climbed his chest and wound around his neck. They must’ve kissed for a whole minute. Finally Julian had released her, his eyelids fluttering slowly open to stare deeply into her gaze.

Then he lifted Nicky high in his arms, grabbed her hand, and triumphantly the trio marched out of the chapel.

TBC

~Part 17~

Nobody had been able to get that sizzling kiss out of their minds. At the wedding reception, Rachel’s cheeks had flamed from the covert stares and unspoken questions of her friends and family. Everybody was dying to ask about her sudden and inexplicable change of grooms. Not that was necessary after Nicky’s question. Her parents usually so sociable, barely spoke.

The first question Nicky asked were, “Mom, how come you kissed daddy so long? And can you breathe and kiss at the same time?”

“Not now, darling.” She said kissing Julian one more time.

“What’s a honeymoon?” He asked, pulling at his mother’s dress.

“I said not now.” She said, slightly irritated as Julian laughed.

“Then when?”

Mac joined them before Nicky could burst forward with more questions.

“Great champagne. You should have some.” He said, handing Rachel a glass.

“Thanks.” Rachel replied with a smile.

“I’ve got a daddy now!” Nicky shouted excitedly.

“That you do, young man.” Mac smiled before Nicky ran off to join his grandparents who were alone in a dark corner.

“I’ll go get us more champagne.” Julian said, leaving Rachel and Mack to talk alone.

“My family hates him.” Rachel explained.

“They don’t really know him.” Mac told her.

“They think he’s a womanizer …like his father.”

“They’re wrong. He loves you. Period. If anybody knows the hell that boy went through the past few years, it’s me. He needs you. More than you know. “He paused and then finished softly, “More than he knows.”

Rachel heard him. She was watching Julian, noting how alive he seemed, more alive than any other man in the room. The air around him seemed charged as he twirled his son around the dance floor.

Nicky had burst into tears when Rachel had said he could go on their honeymoon. Even though they were late, Julian had knelt down and explained what a honeymoon was. Even when Nicky had flung himself into Julian’s arms and demanded postcards and books filled with fin-facts about Vegas, Julian had remained firm and patient.

After promising to deliver the goods, Julian had picked the little boy up and carried him to the limousine to give him a final hug goodbye.

Nicky’s eyes had danced with fresh excitement as he’d fingered the shiny chrome on Julian’s limo.

“Can I have another present? A real present?”

“Like what? Rachel asked.

“ A baby brother.” He’d whispered.

Rachel blushed as Julian winked. “I can’t promise you anything, but your mom and I will talk about it. We’ll see what we can do about that new baby brother, okay?

“Okay.” Nicky replied without arguing further as he usually did. He waived them goodbye and went back in the house with Julia.

~*~

Vegas:

Rachel pressed splayed fingers against the tiny oval window of the jet. “Oh, no, Julian.”

Motorcycles were zooming toward their plane like a band of hungry wolves. Rachel gasped. The learjet had barely stopped before at least a dozen paparazzi had them surrounded.

Julian hunched over, bristling as the mob swelled between the jet and their waiting limo. Then he jumped up and grabbed her elbow.

“Babe, we’ve gotta get out of here…fast.”

“Now?”

“It won’t get any easier. More will come. We’ve got to get off this damn plane.”

“Okay.”

He rushed her toward the exit, shouting to the crew to bring their luggage later. In the next instant, the steps were down, and they stood outside above the noisy crowd in a warm, opalescent twilight. When the reporters beneath them clambered up a few steps and began screaming questions, Julian’s protective arm circled her.

“Kiss her!” They yelled.

“On one condition, “Julian said, adoring his bride with his famous smile.

They waited.

“You get your picture and then you leave us alone to enjoy our honeymoon.”

As the reporters nodded in unison, Julian tightened his hands around her waist, shaping her slim body to his length. When her shocked gaze flew to his face, a muscle flickered in his hard jawline.

“I don’t really think they’ll leave us alone, “he confessed, “but hell, anything’s worth a try. Besides, I’ve been wanting to kiss you the whole time you’ve been arguing about us coming to Vegas.

“I was right.” She said smiling at him.” This is insane.”

“Not if we let it.” He said drawing out the moment before their kiss, her heart racing. Every nerve in her being came alive when he closed his eyes, his hand slowly stoking her slender throat. His touch was a gentle and tactile as a blind man’s. As always with his eyes shut, his face was innocent as an angel’s. In that long instant before their lips met and hundreds of flashbulbs exploded, she seemed to stop breathing. She closed her eyes, too and forgot the hundred or so fans and reporters streaming around their limousine.

It was as if in that suspended, magical moment, time stood still and they were the only two people on earth. As if despite the millions of women who adored him and the reporters struggling to climb the metal stairs, she was the only woman who would ever really matter to him.

Then his hot mouth found hers, and she felt a warmly delicious quiver go through her. Flashes exploded. Her response was so immediate and devastatingly personal, she resent him for publicly staging what should have been a private act. He was used to doing love scenes for a film crew, she wasn’t. This was putting on a show and that made her furious. After a few seconds, Rachel ripped herself from him and tore down the steps. Before he could stop her, she made her way through the crowd.

A mob with raised notepads and microphones fell on her like jackal.

“Miss Gibson. Miss Gibson.”

“Who’s Nicky?”

“Is he the reason Julian Sark married you?”

“What did the kid say in church?”

She turned white and stumbled. As she fell into their frenzied midst, she screamed. Just before she hit the ground, Julian yanked her up into his strong arms. A fan grabbed a handful of her hair and pulled hard. Another hand ripped her skirt. Her sweater was pulled half off her shoulder. Stubby fingers with long nails scratched her chest and closed around her necklace. Women screamed for Julian and tore at his clothes and hair, too.

Rachel wept frantically, Julian was shoving and pushing them both toward the limo, but the gauntlet seemed endless. She felt dizzy, unable to stand as the fans screams pulsated. If Julian hadn’t protected her, they would have stripped her naked or worst, killed her.

TBC

Pm list:

vaughnsgurl4lf
tubby
Stella1
xMountineer02300844x
albob
Entropy
Thumper

They got married :woot:
Nicky is cuute. Little devlish but cute anyway :D
But that paparazzi are :angry: .Hope that Julian will protect his family :smiley:
Thanks for PM

Back