love, or something like it

wildwildrae said:
hey guys!

Okay, I'm not slacking, dbrizz, I swear! My internet has been going haywire for the past two days, so I haven't been able to get on. I was so upset! Damn SBC! heehee...okay. Done with rant........now. So, I won't be able to get more up tonight, I have a lot of stuff to do for Health class [ha! db, I DO have school! (summer...but no matter)]

So, sorry for everything...I'm so far behind! And, to make it worse, I'm leaving for L.A. this Sunday! But I SWEAR, I'll get more up before I go, to not would just be harsh....! Thanks for waiting all!

oh, and of course AliasFan4eva, on the list you go!

Rach
it's totally fine darlin'! I'm just playin! Ha ha, I sound so un-me. Anyway whenever you can write more is good with me :smiley:

So I await more story! Have an off the heezy time in LA! ;)

:D d-brizz

hey, at my mom's office right now... just wanted to check in before she gets back! I'm getting home tonight, see you all then! (Even if it will be late, I'll try to at least get on and get something up!) Can't wait!

Rach

okay all. sorry for the extremely long wait. here it is!

________

Ryan dared not argue with Irina. Nothing good ever came from that. He reluctantly handed over the key and opened the door to the passenger's side. He glanced over at Irina, who had taken her position opposite him, and smiled. She glared back at him and ducked her head into the vehicle. Ryan mimicked and shut his door once he was inside.

He watched Irina amusedly as she tried to figure out how to start the car. She tried to act as if she knew what she was doing, but Ryan could tell she had no idea. He grabbed her hand and placed it underneath the steering wheel where the key went. After the car started up, Ryan allowed his hand to linger on Irina's for a moment...just to test her limits. She glanced down at his hand. He still didn't remove it. Irina pulled out her taser swiftly and placed it on top of Ryan's hand. He was still unwavering.

"Three."
It was still there.
"Two."
God, this kid was getting annoying.
"One."
Still there, so Irina shot a bolt of electricity throgh Ryan's system sending him jolting against the window. After a few spasms, he slumped down in his leather seat, unconcious.

"No one touches me," Irina whispered to herself as she sped off.

Vaughn approached the plane in a state of dispair. He couldn't believe Sydney was acting like this. He imagined that Sark or Matthew or whoever had orchestrated some sort of drug or something, to alter Sydney's mind...but he couldn't help thinking it was just Sydney. He glanced back over his shoulder at her. She was following him at a distance, but she was crying. Vaughn's heart lurched for two reasons: one, he wanted to rush up and comfort her; and two, he thought maybe she was regretting what she had said. He immediately felt horrible for being happy to see her cry.

Sydney saw Vaughn turn to look at her, and she tried to quickly wipe away the stream of tears on her cheeks. It was too late, he had already seen her. "Damnit," she whispered under her breath. This was going to be a lot harder than she thought.

Vaughn stopped a few paces before the plane, and the man standing there. He needed to gain his composure before he talked to the man. He pulled in a breath and held it for a few seconds. He closed his eyes, and felt warm wetness there. He brushed furiously at his eyes to rid them of the tears. He let out the breath as Sydney approached him silently. They walked up to the agent waiting for them. Vaughn sighed. It was Weiss.

"Hey Weiss," Sydney said. Weiss smiled at her. He gave her a big hug, and held her at arm's length. Then he glanced over at Vaughn.

"Jesus, who died?" Weiss chuckled, his eyes wide. "You guys both look extremely R. Kelly right now."

"Eric," Vaughn sighed, "what the hell are you talking about?"

"Well, he always looks so depressed...maybe because of all the charges..." Weiss chided. Neither laughed. "Okay...tough crowd." Weiss turned and boarded the plane after another failed attempt at stand-up comedy. Vaughn followed him. Weiss went to comfirm with the pilot, and Vaughn made his way to the back of the plane. As he sat, he saw Sydney take a seat...at the front. Vaughn dropped his head into his hands. So much for her regretting anything.

Weiss exited the cockpit and glanced at Sydney. "What are you doing, Syd?" he asked, sitting next to her.

"What?" she asked.

"Mike's back there," Weiss stated, as if Sydney hadn't seen him.

"Yes, I know," Sydney said, glancing out the small window at the lights on the runway.

"So....you're up here because..."

Sydney looked back over at Weiss. She really needed someone to talk to. Better Weiss than no one. She sighed.

"I've caused him such pain...I think it's best for both of us if--"

"Whoa, Syd," Weiss interupted. "Did you just say you've caused Mike pain?! Syd, the only thing you've caused him is immense happiness."

"But-"

"No, Syd. Listen, I hate to break it to you, but he really cares about you," Weiss interjected, looking serious for a change.

"Weiss, it's best if I just keep my distance..." Syd replied, looking down at the floor. "I'd rather have him away and alive than close and dead."

"Sydney, he's a big boy. He can take care of himself."

"I...I know."

"I think you guys have some talking to do," Weiss said, patting Sydney on the shoulder. He got up and made his way back to Vaughn. He flopped into the seat next to his best friend, who was busy looking insanely depressed. He placed his hand on Vaughn's shoulder, and squeezed. Vaughn looked up hopefully, but dejectedly slumped back in his seat when he saw it was Weiss.

"Sorry, bud. It's only me," Weiss laughed.

"Eric, shoot me."

"What?"

"Please. Just do it. Put me out of my misery."

"Mike, I'm worried."

"Here, take my gun. Make it look like a suicide."

"Buddy, you've got problems. I have to say, she does things to you."

"Tell me about it," Vaughn replied, rubbing his temples. He was not going to cry in front of Weiss. He would never hear the end of it.

"Dude, no crying. You'll never hear the end of it, believe me," Weiss said. Vaughn chuckled. Eric always knew what he was thinking.

"She's shut me out, Eric. I think she hates me. I feel like I'm in the fifth grade, and I've just been rejected and publicly humiliated in front of the whole school by the girl I've loved since the third grade."

"Whoa, we've got deeper problems then, my friend."

"What should I do, Eric? I can't live without her."

"Mike, you should be up there pleading with her and telling her
your sad fifth grade story, not pining to some overweight, single guy with a sad sense of humor."

"You're right. Thanks buddy."

"No problem. For future reference, say, 'Thanks buddy, but you're not overweight!' Okay? Much better for your best friend's self-esteem."

But Vaughn wasn't listening. He was already in the aisle, making his way up to Sydney.

________

yay! I've finally got something up! Now to inform everyone! Don't forget to review!

Rachel

OMG, that was so cute, and LMAO Weiss is just so fuuny. Your story is fantastic! It was well worth the wait. I couldn't stop laughing, it was just great. Thanks for the pm, and I can't wait for the next chapter. I hope Syd and Vaughn get back together.

Love ya,

Lauren :angelic:

Been so wrapped up in me 'n dbrizz's new fic (called A Gamble by the way... :lol: ) that I've been neglecting this one...but I will get more up today. I promise, I'll start writing it now since I'm waiting for my turn in our other fic. ^_^

Back