Love Over Hate

*disclaimer: i do not own alias

I searched to see if someone had written about this possible scenario yet, but found nothing so I wrote it myself. Here's the idea: Sydney doesn't escape from her mother's custody in "The Enemy Walks In". The story picks up right after Irina shot her.

I could have prevented all this of course.The words still rang in Sydney's ears even after the sound of the bullet. After over twenty years, she had met her mother again. Her mother. That woman might be back any moment. She had to get out. She struggled against her bonds desperately, trying to free herself. The wound in her shoulder burned with every movement.

She stared around the room and finally spotted a water valve along the wall. She struggled to stand from her position on the floor and managed to get up without falling down. All the while on the verge of crying in pain. Wedging the chair legs against the valve, the flimsy chair finally gave way and collasped, though the legs were still stuck on her handcuffs.

Next came the door. After a quick search of the room's content, she found what she needed: A tank of compressed air and a cement brick. With the compressed air tank leaning on the cement block, she struck at the valve with a wrench. After a few strikes, the valve broke and the tank tore across the room and through the locked door.

Taking a hold on the chair legs dangling from her handcuffs, she proceeded through the door and up a small flight of stairs. There, she met the first guard. Before he could move, she kicked him. He came at her again, but she struck him across the face with a chair leg. The guard fell down the stairs in a state of unconsciousness.

Sydney continued down the hall only to stop short. Another guard stepped out into the hallway. His gun was trained on her.

She jumped at him, but not soon enough. The gun went off and her world became dark. Again.

Thanks for the PM, I read it and it's brill, but I need you to write moe, please! :D

:gasp: OOOH SUSPENSE!! PLEASE Tell me what happened! At first I was like, who is this, but then I remembered that you asked us if we would like to read it... :Points to self: Stupid. With the attention span of a goldfish.

Great chapter! Thanks for the PM!

Luve ya,
Dani

;) ^_^ :blink: okay, here's the next chapter. if I can even call it a chapter. It's really short though.

Jack tried the transmitter again. There was no answer. "Sydney, where the hell are you?"

He turned to Will. "We may have to leave them."

"Why?" Will asked. His face was a mess of cuts and bruises from his ordeal. "Where is she?"

Jack shook his head, but the worried look did not leave his face. "I don't know, but the Taiwanese authorities will be checking this airstrip anytime. We can't risk being found."

Will nodded as if he understood.

Darkness was her world, then suddenly a bright light blared on overhead. Sydney shut her eyes in an attempt to block it out. Her head pounded painfully. She put her hand to her face and her fingers fell upon something on her right temple. At a slight pain she moved her hand away. It was a bandage.

"You're lucky the bullet only grazed you."

Sydney's blood curdled. She knew that voice. A voice that, until recently, she had not heard since she was a child. She sat up on the cot, holding her left arm to her. Her shoulder still hurt, but not as much as it had.

Her mother, Irina Derevko, stood resoundly a few feet away. A smile came to Irina's lips, though it seemed like more of a smirk. "Now are you ready to tell me who sent you?"

Sydney glared up at her mother with defiant eyes. "Go to hell!"

"Sydney..." Irina smiled. "I'm your mother."

"No. You're only the woman who decieved my father!" Sydney shouted. "My mother was Laura Bristow and she died over twenty years ago!"

Irina eyed her cooly. "Laura Bristow may have died, but I am still alive and I am your mother. Now... who sent you?"

"I won't tell you anything."

A laughed escaped from Irina. "Sydney, you remind me of my own stubborness. But...don't be foolish. Perhaps you need more time to think. The truth takes time." She turned on her heel and stalked away.

:lol:

Your right, it's not long enough, LMAO, nah I'm just pulling your leg, post more when you can please! :D

P.S, your avatar slightly scares me! :eek:

Okay, here it is finally :D :smiley: :lol:

-----------------

Jack stared blankly at the floor as the plane took off. Over the roar of the engine, he could only think of Sydney. She had not returned in time. Neither had Vaughn. They would be able to get back to L.A. on their own though. Still there was the possibility that they had been captured, or worse killed.

If that was the case, then Jack vowed to return after he had gotten Tippin safely back to L.A.

Sydney groaned at the raw pain in her shoulder as she awoke. She was rather surprised at her surroundings. She was no longer in the dim concrete room, but rather a small bedroom that appeared to be in a house. Blue curtains were pulled back from the windows revealing a palm tree swaying in the wind. Aside from the curtains and the bed, the room was bare.

Sydney knew that between the different location and the aching in her head, that she must have been drugged.

"I'm afraid our last location became a bit too crowded," Irina's voice came from the now open doorway. She went to Sydney's side and sat down on the bed next to her. She reached out a hand and Sydney shrank back against the pillow. "I won't hurt you," Irina said.

Sydney just glared at her. "You already have."

"Sydney," her mother began, "I know our relationship is difficult, but there are some things you are going to have to trust me on. I'm your mother."

"What makes you think you have the right to say that?" Sydney snapped back.

Irina said nothing, but stood and went to the window. She crossed her arms and stared out into the world. After a moment she turned back to Sydney. She glanced at her daughter's clothing. Sydney was still clad in the leather outfit from the nightclub, though her blue wig was long gone. "I'm sure you'd rather wear something else than that," Irina said. "Come with me." She headed for the door.

Sydney spared a glance around the room, but reluctantly followed her mother.

A short distance down the hallway, Irina disappeared around a corner and did not glance back at Sydney.

Sydney weighed her chances. She spotted a staircase a short distance behind her and ran for it. She had only taken one step down before she heard Irina step behind her.

"Sydney, you can't get away now, don't be foolish."

Sydney did not even bother to turn around. "Tell someone who cares." With that she spun around and aimed a high kick at Irina.

Irina easily avoided it and easily kicked Sydney right in her wounded shoulder.

Sydney reeled back and fell down a few steps. She sat catching her breath for a moment, then stared up at Irina.

Her mother smiled slyly. "Sydney, you're giving me no choice in your treatment," She gazed at her daughter more closely, "You were working for the CIA, right?"

Sydney's gaze did not falter.
Irina nodded. "Well, that question is answered." She took a few steps down the staircase and stood before Sydney. She held out her hand to her daughter. "Come with me and don't try anything."

As much as it pained Sydney, she took her mother's hand.

Back