Love Over Hate

pasta_sauce385 said:
*~Celtic Jedi~* said:
:eek:  Do the pleas ever end? I hear you guys, but writing takes time. 
hey that is what you get for writing a good story! ok fine this will be my last post until you post the next part then....well like i said before, enjoy harry potter
same here, actully 4 me, it makes me feel good when ppl beg 4 more, it means they actully like what i'm writin

Okay here's the next chapter (finally!). Sorry for the wait. :eek:

Sydney had to admit that it felt much better being out of the leather and otherwise see-through outfit. She now wore a pair of blue jeans and an oversized oxford dress shirt loosely buttoned over a smaller T-shirt. Aside from that however, her mother was not treating her any differently really.

After changing Sydney had been led back to the bedroom where she had awoken. After a brief smile and an uttering of the words, "I'll be back later," Irina had shut the door. That sound had been followed by the click of a lock and the footsteps of a few guards apparently being stationed outside the door.

Upon being alone for a few minutes, Sydney took her first opportunity to explore the room a bit more and perhaps find a way of escape. She paced around the small room studying every small detail. After finding no surprises, she turned to the obvious possibility. Going to the window, she stared out at the landscape below.

Outside there was not only the single palm tree she had seen earlier, but a row of them continuing seemingly infinitely down a white sand beach.

Her gaze slipped to the window's lock. Though she knew the outcome, Sydney gave the handle a tug and sure enough it had been secured not to open. Curiously, she rapped a fist on the glass. She might be able to break it. If she did it was at least a twelve foot drop to the ground below though and she wasn't guaranteed a soft landing. That she was willing to risk, however.

Of course, there was really nothing in the room that she could use to break it. Perhaps she could hit it hard enough on her own. She attempted to kick it out with her foot. The glass shattered easily and Sydney pushed aside the remaining fragments of glass hanging in the window frame. As she was doing this she felt a stinging sensation across the palm of her hand and looked to see that a shard of glass had cut across the palm of her right hand. The blood was now smeared across the cuff of her white shirt.

Trying to ignore it she started to look out when the sound of footsteps outside her door made her freeze. After a few tense moments the sounds faded. For a moment she thought she was safe, then the door burst open.

"Step away from the window!" The voice of the guard thundered across the small room. His handgun was trained on Sydney. "Now!"

Sydney stepped back as she was told. She glared rebelliously at the guard, but did not make any escape attempt. The last thing she need was another gunshot wound.

"Ms. Bristow, do you know how typical this is of you?" Another man entered behind the guard.

"I never thought this was any less typical of you, Sark." Sydney said defiantly.

Sark grinned mischievously and waved the guard away. "When I heard of your capture I was rather surprised and came to see for myself. Now, I see it is true." He stepped towards her. "So you are not so invincible."

Sydney drew back from the window. "What do you want?"

Sark stayed where he was and smiled. "Nothing from you. I have business with your mother."

"Sark," Irina spoke from the doorway. "Would you excuse us?"

Sark nodded, spared a smile for Sydney and left.

Irina came in and stared at the broken window, then at Sydney. Irina smiled. "I expected nothing less." Her gaze shifted to Sydney's cut hand. "Let me see that," She said with a concerned tone.

Sydney drew back until she felt the wall behind her back. "Leave me alone."

Irina sighed irritably and left the room a moment later returning with what appeared to be a first-aid lit. She looked at Sydney. "I'm not going to hurt you." She beckoned Sydney towards her.

Unable to see any alternative Sydney stepped forward and sat on the edge of the bed.

Irina took Sydney's right hand. "You would not have gotten far," She said as she began to clean the blood from Sydney's palm. "I know I've said I won't hurt you anymore, but I can't guarantee the guards won't shoot you. They have orders to stop you however necessary. So I would suggest you stop these attempts before you start anymore." She looked to Sydney for some reply as she took some gauze from the first-aid kit and started wrapping it securely around her daughter's hand.

Sydney only watched silently.

After another moment, Irina finished, spared a glance at her daughter, and departed from the room.

Sydney watched her leave in hope that she would be left alone again, but that was not the case. As soon as Irina stepped through the door a tall guard entered and took a post by the door watching Sydney with a close eye.

Jack Bristow was feeling a bit depressed as he stared out the window of the plane. Things in Los Angeles had not gone as planned. After handing Tippin over to CIA custody, he had reported to SD-6. As time had worn on there had been no contact from Sydney or Vaughn. Jack had grown to suspect the worst. She was dead. He was returning to Tai Pei on the slim hope that she was still alive. Captured probably, but still alive. He would find her, he swore to himself.

His cellphone ringing roused him from his thoughts. He answered it, "Hello."

"Jack Bristow," A female voice said sternly. "It's been many years, hasn't it?"

Jack's grip on the phone tightened. He knew that voice all too well. Ten years of being married to its source would do that. "Irina."

"Yes, Jack it's me."

"How did you get this number?" Jack demanded. "What do you want?"

"Oh, I have my sources, Jack," Irina replied. "Need I say more. I know you're heading for Tai Pei. Would there be a reason for that?"

"My current duty involves someone you left behind twenty year ago," Jack said. "It does not concern you."

"You're wrong there, Jack. It very much does concern me," There was a momentary pause as Irina seemed to consider her next words. "That person is sitting not twenty feet from me."

Jack listened intently. The hatred he had for that voice was momentarily replaced by surprise as he heard her words. Sydney was there. "Put her on the phone."

"No, Jack," Irina replied easily. "I only called to tell you that Tai Pei will not lead you anywhere." At that the line went dead.

Sydney Look Alike said:
I like it! Keep going please! By the way, your Avatar is kinda creepy. Have you seen the movie "Darkness Falls"?
:eek: what is it with the creepy avatar thing? It's just a picture of Jedi Bariss Offee from Star Wars Episode II. And no I've never seen the movie Darkness Falls.

I've got the next part scribbled on a couple sheets of paper in my notebook. I'll try to finish it and get it on the internet as soon as I can. :P

*~Celtic Jedi~* Posted on Jul 2 2003, 08:39 PM
I've got the next part scribbled on a couple sheets of paper in my notebook. I'll try to finish it and get it on the internet as soon as I can
By the way I like your avatar and signature. I listened to Harry Potter. 27 hours of great entertainment.
Looking forward to your next part.
:cool:

Here's the update. :P

It was late night outside when Sydney awoke. She guessed she must have fallen asleep sometime while trying to figure out a plan. She saw the shadow of the guard against the wall. The window she had shattered remained untouched and a cool sea breeze whipped in off the ocean.

Sydney glanced at the guard and sighed in frustration. She stared at the dark ceiling and thought. What was her mother gaining by keeping her? If she had some plan that involved Sydney it had not been revealed yet. Irina had not made any further attempts to interrogate Sydney. Maybe this was her mother's way of torturing her father. Or else, perhaps she was trying to forge a relationship with Sydney out of a twenty-year absence. Whatever it was, Sydney had to admit that she was a bit frightened.

Sydney wished she could close her eyes and have it all just disappear. She wished she could simply wake up in her apartment in Los Angeles. Francie would be there, and Will. For a moment, just remembering them made her happy.

Then the howl of the wind brought her back to reality. She glanced at the guard by the door. This was her reality now.

Irina closed the door behind her as she entered her study. Automatically, she went to her desk and sat down. She sat for a moment, drumming her fingers on the desktop. After a moment her eyes fell on the framed photo that sat on her desk. Picking it up, she smiled. A six-year-old brunette in overalls smiled up at her from the picture. Irina smiled at the memories it evoked. She remembered the first Christmas she had spent with that little girl, then only an infant. How her eyes had sparkled with delight as Jack had lit the Christmas tree lights.

It had only been a mission. That life had been false. Nothing more than a mission, but Irina realized it had been real to Sydney.

Irina's thoughts came to the current issue. When she had first learned that an intruder had been captured, she had simply ordered them disposed of. That was until she had seen Sydney's face on the surveillance monitor. Irina had made it a point to meet this daughter of hers and to see if indeed this was the same little girl she had left twenty years before.

From the moment Sydney had first looked at her, Irina had known it was true.

"Vaughn?" Jack questioned over the phone. He was driving down a city street towards the night club where Sydney had been. "Where are you?"

"Somewhere in Tai Pei," Vaughn's voice came back. "I woke up in a back alley somewhere. I don't know what happened."

"What street are you on?" Jack questioned.

Vaughn told him then said, "How's Sydney?"

"Missing," Jack replied automatically. "I'll come pick you up and explain everything. Just stay where you are."

"Good morning, Sydney," Irina's voice filled the air.

Sydney opened her eyes to see her mother standing before the window. She sat up stared at her mother. "What do you want now?"

"I would presume you would like breakfast, after all it's been a few days since you've had a full meal," Irina said simply. "I'm not about to let you starve."

Sydney stood and followed Irina from the room.

As Sydney followed her mother down the stairs she saw the beach through a glass door that opened onto a terrace. She could here the waves hitting the land. The water.

Suddenly, a memory surged in Sydney's mind. Running from the water as it drew nearer. He was right behind her. She made it through the door, but he was caught. She had seen his eyes as he drifted away. The words she had not said to him. He was gone. "Vaughn..." She whispered.

"What did you say?" Irina asked turning around to face Sydney.

Sydney froze at the bottom of the stairs. Her hand tightened on the baulstrade. "Where is he?"

"Who?" Irina asked.

Sydney glared at Irina. Don't tell me you don't know, woman! She thought. "The man I was with that night. He was caught in the water." She knew what the answer would be. Dead.

Irina smiled. "He was alive when we released him."

Those words caught Sydney's attention. "You...you let him go?"

Irina nodded as if it was nothing.

"How do I know you're not lying?"

Irina sighed. "It's like I told you, Sydney. There are some things you'll just have to trust me on."

eeek! I hope this is enough for now. Sorry it took so long, but I made a point of getting it up before I leave on vacation for a few days tomorrow. Maybe spending hours upon hours in the car will give me some good ideas. Just getting out of my town will be a relief. Anyways, hope you enjoy the story and thanks for all the feedback so far. :smiley:

Back