Love will conquer it all

Okay this is my first fiction ever and I'm completely nervous about this so if it's horrible or felgercarb don't tell me

A few things you should know is that I'm not native in English since I'm from Sweden so I'll probable have millions of spelling and grammar mistakes

And the story is the way episode 2.12 should have ended and what happened after they got back from Nice so there will be quotes from other episodes

I hope you'll like it

Love will conquer it all

Chapter 1- Issues

“Syd…this watch belonged to my father. It’s broken now but it used to keep perfect time…and when he gave it to me he said…you could set your heart by this watch…It stopped October 1st the day we met.”

In the evening of a mid January warm winter day in Los Angeles, if the winters in LA are even worth the name winter at all. Sydney Bristow sat curled up in her comfortable queen-sized bed with her laptop placed in front of her and soft tones of music coming from the stereo on top of her drawer. Books and papers where spread out in an organized chaos on the entire bed and a steady noise of tapping came from the laptop. A few times she looked up from the screen and over to the books and papers before she looked back at the screen and wrote another sentence in the essay for her class in American litterateur.

The essay had to be finished in the next couple of days so she would not turn it in late, as she a few times had done because she had been out of the country on CIA or SD-6 missions. She knew her professors did not like late papers and they constantly complained that her job as a banker toke to much of her time, but it is not easy to study and have a full time job on the side. Sydney tried to combine them as well as she could and used all the spear time she had, so she did not have to quit one of them. That usually meant she did not like to write these essays for her professors, because she thought they toke to much time to write if they had to be perfect and that time she did not have.

But this essay was a lot different, because she was glad she had a long essay that would take a lot of time to write so it would be an excellent way to keep her mind of a certain Michael Vaughn.

The reason why she did not want to think about him was that he recently had let her down when he had withheld information about her father. She had always seen Vaughn as the only person she could trust with her life and he was also the only person who really understood her. But now she did not want to face him and she did not want to think about him at all. He had hurt her, damaged the trust she had for him, but he had also made her furious because he had held her in the dark.

Just as she started to write on the third page of the essay she heard a beeping sound coming from her backpack. She finished the sentence she was working on and then stopped writing. She got up from the bed and crossed the room to grab her backpack from the floor there it was beside her dresser, and she dug into the outside pocket so she could grab her beeper.

When she got it out and saw the screen, a long deep sight left her mouth. The massage was from Vaughn and she reluctantly read the message where he requested her to come in to the operation center to discuss the last details on the upcoming mission in Nice.

But after their meeting this morning Sydney actually had every intention to avoid him as much as she could for the next couple of days until things cooled down a bit between them. But now she had to go to this meeting with him and it was the last thing she wanted to do, because now she had to stand face to face with him and play nicely when all she wanted to do was scream at him. But she could not obey orders she had to go to the meting either she liked it or not.

She saved her essay on the laptop’s hard disk before she turned it off and collected all the papers and books on her bed and placed them together with the laptop on the table in the room. She then changed her cloths from the dark green tank top and black running pants she was wearing, into a black suit and high-heeled shoes she was going to wear on the flight to Nice.

After that she went to the bathroom to fix her hair and make-up until she was satisfied with the result. When she finally was she went back into the room and grabbed her purse from her nightstand, before she turned off the stereo and the light in the room as she walked out of it.

She walked though the apartment and stooped at the kitchen counter to grab her keys, which was in a bowl on the counter. She then continued walking and stopped again in the hall to look at her reflection in the mirror that hang there, so she could straighten her suit and look at herself one final time before she grabbed the door handle to opened the front door to steep outside.

Except for the woman and the white dog across the street that was out on what looked like an evening jog, and the wind that blew in the trees, there was no movement or sound at all on the street at all. Since most of her neighbors were eating their dinner together with their families at this time of the day.

She turned around to lock the door to the apartment, and then walk the short distance over to her maroon SUV and unlock the car door. She got behind the driver seat, and placed her purse in the passenger seat. After that she put her key in the ignition and put on her seatbelt, she started the car and drove the car out of the driveway and down the highway toward the operation center in the central part of LA.

When she reached a little parking place near the building she parked her car and steeped out of it before she walked the two blocks from the parking place towards the tunnel beside the building. As she did she passed a crossing with traffic cameras and was id by them so the CIA control room gave her a granted access to the back door.

She always had to go though the back door when she went to the operation center, since she could not use the front door in case she would be followed by SD-6. Once she was at the tunnel she looked around to see that she was alone before she punched in the code on the broken traffic phone so the back door opened and she could steep inside.

As she walked through the corridor to the main office floor, she thought about the debrief. This one would not be like any normal debriefing they had had during the time they had worked together. Of course it was not the first time they had been angry with each other during one of their meetings, but somehow it was different this time. Because so many things have happened between them these last couple of months which had gotten them much closer in their friendship. She was furious at Vaughn since their fight even though she did not want to be, because she wanted Vaughn to be someone she could trust, count on, be her friend…and somewhere deep down inside her she wanted that friendship to become something more.

But now was not the time to think those thoughts, she was angry at Vaughn and he was the reason to her anger. So now he had to deal with the consequences and she was not going to make it easy for him, so he would learn to not go behind her back or keep things from her the next time.

When she reached the right floor and walked into the large room and there were actually a lot of people left at the center despite the hour of the day. She looked in the direction of Vaughn’s desk and saw him sitting there working on some papers. She toke a deep breath before she walked up to him and tapped him on his shoulder to announce her presence. He looked up at her and without a word got up from his chair and he rolled out a map on the desk as she sat down on the desk.

He then started to tell her the plan on the mission in Nice which was the exact same information they had already gone through earlier that day so Sydney thought this meeting was a complete waste of time since she already knew what to do. But Vaughn continued and she started to pay less and less attention to what he actually said.

“When you recover the gyroscope, you and Dixon will separate for your flights home. Our team will be set up in this room…” Vaughn said and pointed on the map. “…there we’ll duplicate the gyroscope.” He finished his information and looked at her closely. He had noticed as he spoke that she did not pay so mush attention to what he said so he asked with an irritated tone as he put his hands in the pockets of his expensive dark blue suit. “Do you have any questions?”

She immediately noticed the tone of his voice had a little touch of anger in it. His body language also said, even though he tried to hide it as good as possible, that he did not like to have this conversation with her, even though he was the reason why it all started. So Sydney decided to make it even worse for him by working against him.

“I don’t know…maybe you should go over it again…It a pretty complicated plan…maybe you could make it a little easier.” Sydney answered back coldly and crossed her arms in a resolute move.

“Okay look…I don’t want to be here more than you do.” He said to her even more irritated then the first time and Sydney was just about to make a reply when she saw Weiss walking up to them. So she held back the thing she had plant to say to him, because she did not want to fight with Vaughn in front of Eric.

“Hey look who’s joining you in France.” Weiss joined them with a cheery voice and tapped Vaughn’s right shoulder.

“Hey.” Sydney answered back as cheery and with a big smile on her face. She was happy to see him again both because she had missed him so mush when he had been in recovery. But mostly because he hopefully would make this mission easier because she could stay as far away from Vaughn as possible and if there were any questions about the mission she could ask him instead of Vaughn.

“Hey…is that all you got to say?” He answered with disappointment in his voice. “I just spent three months in a hospital and when I return, all I get is a hey? Can I at lest have a little sugar.” He said with open arms and she stood up from the desk she sat on and walked over to him to give him a big welcome back hug.

At the same time Vaughn looked away from them and down at the sheaves of paper, which lay on his desk, so he could hide how much their hug effected him. Of course it was not strange that Sydney was happy to see his best friend when he returned from the hospital or that they were hugging. But it hurt him to see that it was Eric who put a smile on her face and hugged her, when all he wanted was to be the one who made those things.

But the fact that he and Sydney recently had a fight did not make the situation any better. He was angry with her but he knew she was angrier with him than he was with her. He hatted to fight with her but he knew she had every right to be angry with him for what he had done.

But ever though he was angry with her that was not the reason why he had problem to be around her right now. The real reason why he could not was because of what had accrued in the warehouse during their last meeting. Ever since the meeting he had not been able to stop one sentence she had said to him from echo in his mind. “…you didn’t tell me that you were seeing Alice again.”

When she said that it actually come as a complete surprise to him, because he did not understand why she would be angry with him for doing so. When he tried to come up with a reason why she would feel that way, he could not find one single reason. So he had asked her what that had to do with everything and it had only made her even angrier with him, he apologized to her for caring about her and then she said right before she walked out of the warehouse she did not need him for that.

After she left and he was all alone in the warehouse he was in complete shock for what she had said. If she meant what he thought she meant by saying the thing about Alice it would change a lot of things between them. It would also bring new light to their relationship because now he knew he had made the right decision about what ever he should break up with Alice or not. Ever since the virus had infected him he had thought about if he should break up with her or not, and as he lay in the hospital bed he realized she was not the woman for him. So staying with her would only make their relationship even worse than it already was.

Alice is a good person and they have a long history together. But ever since Sydney came into his life their relationship have been different. He do not know how many times Alice had become angry with him because he had received a phone call and had to rush to the office. So he hoped when he broke up with her he would help her in a way because she deserved someone who really loved her and he did not fell in that category, because he had a crush on a certain brunet he could not stop thinking about.

Vaughn had fought his feeling about Sydney along time but after the virus had infected him he knew he not longer could live in denial. He liked her a lot and he would do anything for her without thinking twice. It also terrified him that he would never see Sydney again if he did not make it and he planted to tell her how he felt about her as soon as possible.

But he thought it would not be such good idea to tell her that now, both because they were still under protocol to not be seen together in public. But he also and maybe even more he did not want to make her life even more dangerous then it already was by having to sneak with their relationship and there for risk that her cover could be blown. He has to wait until the day when SD-6 would fall to tell her his true feelings about her and then hope that she felt the same.

“Eric of course I’m glad you’re back, and I missed you a lot.” Sydney said as she steeped a way from him, and retook the place on the desk

“Thank you…and thanks you for the plant by the way. Amazing how I keep it alive.” Weiss said and gave her a smile but then turned serious and looked over at Vaughn and asked. “So Mike what’s the plan?” But he did not answer him and obviously was he more interested in his paper, which lay on the desk, then he was explaining it to him.

So Eric looked instead over at Sydney for an explanation but neither she said a word and her gaze were steadily focused on the floor. When neither one of them cared to explain the plan to him, he understood that he must have missed something that happened between them during his recovery. So now he was no longer interested in what the plan was, instead he was more interested in making both of them talking to each other again, so their communication problem would not start to affect their jobs.

“So…are we gonna stay here all day?” Weiss joked to get a reaction.

“I should get to my plane.” Sydney apologized and got up from the desk and walked way from them to avoid the awkward situation and let Vaughn explain the plan so she did not have to do it.

“I’ll see you in France.” Vaughn called over his shoulder before she disappeared out of sight.

“Okay?” Weiss said and looked questioning at him, but he did not get an answer from him, so he continued. “So you guys are not talking a get that…but why?”

But Vaughn did not answer that question either he just grabbed his briefcase that stood beside him on the floor and placed it on the desk. He then opened it without saying a word and placed within the briefcase some of the papers from his desk, before he shut it. Then he faced Eric and gave him a small smile before he handed him a black folder.

“The plane leaves in less then an hour.” Vaughn said and turned around and walked towards the door to the elevator.

What just happened did not make Eric any wiser on the situation, and he still did not know why Vaughn and Sydney acted towards each other hey way they did and he refused to let it continue. He went after Vaughn and caught up with him as he steeped into the elevator, he followed and Vaughn pushed the lowest button on the floor panel, which was the button for the underground garage. The door closed and to Eric’s delight he saw no one else in the elevator beside them, so he had an excellent opportunity to ask Vaughn about Sydney.

“Okay seriously can you explain something for me ‘cause I just don’t get it. When you were missing in Taipei Sydney practically bounced on the walls ‘cause no one did enough to search for you. Then after she found you in France she went back to normal ‘cause you were back and everything was the way it should be. Then I got shoot and went away and during that time you told me she fond out she was apart of Project Christmas and you also got infected by this virus which she saved you from. Then what I don’t get is why you and Sydney aren’t even speaking to each other. I have never seen you during all this time I have known you that you have acted like this. So obviously someone of you two have either or both said or done something to make you guys so angry with each other and I’d like to know what is right now. ‘Cause this communication problem you two have, have to stop.” Weiss demanded and watched him closely for an answer.

Vaughn did not even look at Eric during the time he spoke and Vaughn did not want to say anything to him because he was actually not sure what actually had happened between them. Or actually he knew what had happened between them but he did not know what it meant. So before he knew what he would do about it, he did not what to tell Eric what had happened. But in the mean time he knew Eric would not let this go. So what he needed was to buy time so he could think about this some more before he said something.

“Mike are you gonna say something?” Weiss asked when Vaughn did not answer him. But Vaughn stayed quiet and Eric continued as he waved his hand in front of Vaughn’s eyes. “Hello…do you even hear that I’m talking to you? Jo have you gone deaf or something?”

“Eric just drop it okay.” Vaughn answered in a firm voice, as he looked Eric in the eyes.

“Sorry buddy but I can’t until you tell me what’s going on. There is no doubt there is something that is troubling you. And what ever it is, it can’t be that hard to tell me, so don’t give me any excuses.” He said back as firm as Vaughn had done.

“Then I’m gonna tell you you’re out of luck, ‘cause I’m not gonna say anything.” Vaughn said and in the same time as the elevator door opened and he walked out of the elevator and into the underground garage.

Eric did not say anything during the time it took them to get to the car. Instead he thought of why Vaughn was so desperate to not say anything of what had happened and the only reason he could think about why he did not want to was if something not work related had caused why he did not say anything. So he waited until Vaughn had started to drive through the garage before he said. “Is this a work or…privet related fight you had with Sydney?”

Vaughn had not expected Eric to ask that question so he was taken completely by surprise when he heard it and he immediately tensed up as a hint of panic washed through his body. Eric who was closely watching him saw when he asked that question, that his friend suddenly changed his body language and it did not take a rocket scientist to understand it most likely was not a work related fight they had had. So it explained why Vaughn was not so willing to talk about it and he decided to wait and see if Vaughn would voluntarily tell him the story or if he would have to drag it out of him.

“It’s a work related. You know how stubborn Sydney can be and she just didn’t like on of my decisions about not telling her about her father’s investigation.” Vaughn answered and tried to sound as convincing as he could. He had not lied to Eric about what he said he just had not told him everything.

But unfortunately Eric did not believe on single word of what he said. Because even tough Vaughn was a very skilled liar he had never been good at hiding his feeling about Sydney, which made it in the nearest impossible for him to lie about anything that concerned her.

“Mike I wasn’t born yesterday and I know you, so there for I think it’s the opposite.”

“Eric this isn’t serious, so I don’t need your help on this. Sydney just thinks I made the wrong decision about not informing her about Jack. So she’s gonna be mad at me for a few days and then it will go away. So drop it.” Vaughn said and was at this point very angry.

“Okay fine, but that you refuse to see the problem will not make it go away.”

“There is no problem how many times do I have to tell you that.” Vaughn said with a raised voice to show that the conversation was over and Eric understood there was no point to say anything more. He turned up the car radio and looked out of the passenger window, but it did not mean this conversation was over, because he knew there was something about this situation, which did not make any sense. So before he could let this go he had to know what it was.

For the rest of the trip to the small privet airfield, neither one of them said a word, so the only sound in the car for almost twenty minutes was the sound of the car radio and their breaths.

As the reached the airfield at the outside of LA Vaughn parked the car nearby the hanger and they heard loud noise from the jet engines as it was worming up to be ready for take off. They grabbed their belongings from the car and looked it and then they walked up the ladder and into the plane.

They put their things in one of the couches of the plane and then sat down in leather armchairs, as the plane toke off and started to fly over the North American continent.

During their flight each one of them looked though the last details on the mission in silence. But a few times during the preparation Eric looked up from his papers to see what Vaughn was doing, so he could find the perfect moment to bring up the topic Sydney again.

But as they are about to fly over the Atlantic Ocean, Eric looked up again from his papers but this time he saw that Vaughn had already put his papers away and fallen asleep. So he decided to do the same, because he was obviously not going to find out the answer to the question for the next few hours.

TBC ??????

It is a pretty good story, but kind of hard to read cause of the grammar and language errors. If you want, you can send me the story and i can fix the errors before you post it. I live in the US, so i hope I know my own language!! :P PLease pm me when you update!!
Mariah :D

:woot: Wow I didn't think someone would actually read it so thank you and it would be great if you could help me with my mistakes I'll PM the next chapter to you when it's done

Thank you

I really liiked it. Its a great way to retell this part of the story and I really liked theinterweaving of theepisode and your ownstuff. Please pm me whenyou update.

Thank you

fire*N*ice and oooRevesDouxooo you are both added to the PM list and thank you guys for reading the story

PS But I'm not the only swede on this forum just so you know

Hi guys here's the next chapter and thank you sooooooo much alias/gglover for your help in correcting this.

Chapter 2
- The Persuasion -

As Sydney walked out of the operation center and went in the direction of her car, she could not stop herself from becoming a little guilty that Eric had come in the middle of her fight with Vaughn. She felt bad because Eric was the one who had to suffer because of the fight, but she also felt that if she had stayed in the operation center the situation would only become worse.

But her anger was now slowly starting to become a problem to her. From the beginning she was just angry with Vaughn for what he had withheld from her, especially when he did not care to inform her that her father was close to being exposed as a double agent and then, when he had not told her that he was dating Alice again, she had to discover it when he was inches from death. If he only knew how much he had hurt her when he had made her believe he was not seeing Alice.

She knew she was not allowed to have a relationship with him but you cannot prevent whom you fall for. She was certain that there was something between them but obviously she could not be more wrong. Instead, she was becoming angry with him because he had made her believe there was something between them when the truth was it was more like the opposite, which he had clearly shown when he had a relationship with another woman and did not seem to be effected that she did not like that he had not told her about it.

Sydney took that as if he was not interested in her and therefore, there was no point in still hoping for something more between them when the day SD-6 did not longer exist came and that broke her heart.

Five minutes later she had reached the parking lot, but before she could actually reach the car itself she had to walk pass a young couple that stood by the car right next to hers, and it did not look like they saw anyone else except them since they were in the middle of a very long passionate kiss. Normally Sydney would have thought the young couple was cute but not today, since it reminded her of Vaughn and that lead to the thought of Alice.

So she walked hurriedly past them and practically jumped into her car and as she closed the door she thought that she was safe but as soon as she started the car she noticed that she was not. When she had turn the ignition the car radio did automatically start and from it she heard “…let’s make love…all night long…” before she had the chance to turn it off. This clearly showed that today was definitely not her day since everything seemed to go against her or remind her of everything that went against her.

She left the parking lot and drove home under silence since she did not want to experience another love song that would remind her of what she did not have. Twenty minutes later she parked her car on the driveway right next to Francie’s and steeped out of it before she locked it. She also saw light coming from the house so obviously had Frankie got of from work early today.

She walked up to the front door and stepped inside and as soon as she did she could feel the sent of Francie’s spicy pasta souse everywhere and from the foyer she could see Francie standing in the kitchen making a lot of noise.

“Hey you’re right on time, the food is almost done.” Francie informed her as Sydney walked into the kitchen.

“Hi yourself! It smells really good but, I’m afraid I don’t have the time to eat. I have a plane to catch. I’m sorry.” Sydney said as she walked over to the refrigerator to grab a water bottle from it. She took a few sips of the cold water.

“You’re going on a business trip again? You practically never home these days since you flying from one corner of the world to another.” Francie told her with a complaining voice. She had ever since Danny died thought that Sydney worked too much so she had no time left too do things she liked and she understood that Sydney used work as something to keep her mind of him. But the constant traveling had for quite sometime worried her and she just did not want her best friend to break down because of it. So now she was glad that this Michael had come into her life so he could get her back to reality.

“Francie it’s my job. I have to do it no matter if I like it or not and it’s important to me.” Sydney answered and put the bottle back in the refrigerator so it would stay cold and then she walked around the counter and began to walk down the hall towards her room.

“Wait!” Francie said from the kitchen and she turned around to look what it was Francie wanted. “Is Michael going with you on this trip?”

“Not exactly but he’ll be there and there might be a chance that I se him. But I don’t see why that’s relevant.” Sydney asked and thought this day continued it long day of being one of the days she will never forget. But what she did not understand was why she had to be constantly reminded of Vaughn.

“Well that explains why you want to go if you have the chance to see him.” Francie said with a big grin on her face and Sydney shook her head and was about to turn around when Francie continued. “What? From what you told me about this guy this might be something serious something…long- term. I bet you two will find something interesting to do in wherever it is you’re going.”

“Something serious? You haven’t even met the guy! How can you say that?” Sydney said and could not believe what Francie had said. The odds that she and Vaughn would get together were not that high at the moment so it did not look like Francie was right on this. “And do I also have to remind you he has a girlfriend so nothing would happen anyway. And if you have to know we’re going to France but now I have to get my stuff.” She said after looking at her watch.

“Wow girl hold it right there. You’re going to France the most romantic country in the world with this hot cute Michael and you say that nothing will happen. You want me to believe that.”

“As I said before he has a girlfriend.” She said and turned around and walked to her room to grab her already packed suitcase as she heard Francie doing something in the kitchen before she entered Sydney’s room.

“Okay he might have a girlfriend…” Francie began but corrected herself after a look from Sydney. “Okay he has a girlfriend. But that doesn’t mean that you two can’t have a nice time together. Not that you two are gonna cheat on her but…you two can still be friends and have a great time…until…the situation changes.” She continued and gave Sydney another grin.

“I’ll have that in mind if the offer comes up but now I really have to go I’ll see you tomorrow evening okay then maybe we can watch a movie or something.”

“Yeah it has been a long time since we did that. Have great time in France.” Francie said to her as she followed her to the front door and opened it for her.

“I will.” Sydney answered and walked up to her car on the driveway and placed the suitcase in the backseat before she got inside the drive seat. She then started the ignition again while being ready to turn of the radio if it had been a love song but she was lucky this time so she let the radio on as she drove towards LAX.

When she reached to airport a little over a half an hour later she parked the car in the underground garage and then walked the check in line trough the crowded airport.

She checked in and boarded the plane to Paris, where she would change plane to Nice. A stewardess pointed to her seat and she took off her jacket and put it and her suitcase in the box above her seat. She then sat down next to a blond woman who seemed to be her age that nervously fingered on her flying ticket.

A few seconds later the woman’s cell phone rang and she hurriedly answered it. “Hello…hey you never gonna guess what just happened…I’m on a plane to Paris…No I’m not kidding with you. I got this Fed Ex letter and inside was a letter from Michael…” The blond woman said and Sydney was not surprised that there was a Michael in this conversation so she could be tortured even more. “Well the letter said that I had to go home and pack a suitcase and that there’d be a car picking me up but also that everything was taken care of…Yeah I know, well I did as the letter said and guess what…a limousine toke me to LAX and the chauffeur told me my ticket was at information. And here I am.” The woman continued and Sydney hoped that a stewardess would so come and tell her she had to put the phone down while Sydney tried to shut her ears to the conversation as well as she could. “I hope that Michael has planned a romantic week in Paris…I mean that you be so typical of him.”

The woman continued for about a minuet until a stewardess came to Sydney’s rescue and the blonde woman had to put the phone down which was very much appreciate by Sydney since there would not be a Michael mentioned until she would get to Nice where she would have to hand him the gyroscope.

But of course she was wrong when not long after that the two men that sat in front of her began to talk about how it went for the LA Kings this season and if that was not enough half an hour later the light in the cabin darkened and a romantic comedy began. So Sydney forced herself to fall asleep, which was not easy.

A few hours later the plane landed in Paris and she got off it and walked over to a small café where she ate her breakfast. She had a little over an hour until the plane to Nice would board so she was in no hurry. While she ate, the young waiter started to talk to her and asked if she was here alone. She answered that she was going to meet her partner in Nice and the waiter said that if he was her partner he would have meet her here and followed her to Nice. Sydney laughed at his comment and then said good-bye.

At the same time Vaughn and Weiss had already been in Nice a three hours and after they had set everything up at the airport they had decided to go for a ride around the city and grab something to eat. They drove around the city for a while and looked at small shops and restaurant before they stopped in front of a small café where they decided to have their breakfast.

Eric flirted with the waiter as he ordered a baguette and a cup a coffee to both of them and when she was gone he started to check out the hot brunet a cross the room and tried to get a comment of on her looks from Vaughn.

But he just looked at her for a second and then said that she was not his type, which did not come as a surprise to Eric since there had not been another woman on Vaughn’s minds for a long time, then the one he currently had a problem talking to that he for some reason he did not want to chare with his best friend.

When they were finished with their breakfast they drove back to the airport and but they had not gotten very far when Vaughn spotted a restaurant that as soon as he saw it made him think about Sydney. If the rules did not prevent him from spending time with her that restaurant would have been the perfect place to take her to after the mission. But unfortunately he would not be able to take her on a date for a long period of time. As Vaughn and Eric reached the airport, Vaughn went back to the room as Eric went on a hunt after another cup of coffee for them.

When she walked of the plane from Paris, she went to a restroom and changed her clothes for the mission. She put on a purple wig, leather clots, metal earrings and necklace and above that she wore a very colorful make-up. As Sydney put the items on she thought these clothes were something she would never wear in her real life. Those thoughts brought her to the thought of that her life would have been so much better if she never would have got involved with SD-6. She would not have been forced to travel all around the globe for a man she had hated for the last one and a half-years. She also would not have been forced to lie to her friends about what she does for a living and come up with bad explanations if she got hurt on a mission.

But on the other hand if she had not got involved with SD-6, she would never have met Vaughn and he was the only positive thing that had come out of all this bad. He had saved her so many times in the field and maybe the worst thing about the life she lived was that the one person she had a crush on was the one was she not allowed to be with.

When she was finished with her outfit she went out to one of the airport's waiting-halls and placed an ear-piece in her ear and waited for Dixon's signal, so she could steal the gyroscope.

Weiss returned five minutes later with two cups of warm coffee to the room, and put his cup on the desk in front of him and handed Vaughn the other, which he toke and put it down on his desk after he had taken a sip of it. After that he got back to the papers that lay in front of him and Eric watched him as he covered himself in work to avoid taking, but he knew this could not continue and he had to get Vaughn to start taking about what happened.

“You're sure you don't want to talk about this fight with Sydney?” Weiss asked in a low voice to get the conversation starting.

“There is nothing to talk about.” Vaughn said and looked a second at Eric to tell him there was no point in asking question and then toke another sip of the warm coffee before he put it back down on the desk again.

But Eric knew this fight was not going to solve itself by time, so he did not intention to quit this conversation until he knew what the fight had been about. He also knew he had to talk Vaughn into speaking with Sydney about their fight, because what was going on between them could not continue, because if it did it would eventually start to affect their job.

“Mike, I asked you before about this fight and you insisted that it is nothing. But just let me say one thing. I don't believe that for one single second. You guys aren't talking so there's obviously something that has happened between you and I'd like to know what that is. 'Cause it's starting to affect your jobs and it's affecting me when I come in the middle of all this. Besides, it's not like any of you two to not talk to each other 'cause you have always worked so well together.” Weiss said and Vaughn looked up from the papers to see what he where going with this conversation.

“So when you refuse to tell me what it's about it made me think about what possibly could have happened between you two... And the only thing I could come up with was that it was a private related fight...” He continued and Vaughn was about to open his mouth but Eric stopped him. “Mike, please let me finish. I know you said it wasn't a private fight but I don't believe that either, 'cause I saw that you lied to me in the car so you could keep me from the truth. And I know you lied to me 'cause I have known you a long time so I know when you're hiding something from me. There is no logical reason why you wouldn't tell me what this is about unless it's about something private. So I'm not asking you to tell me what happened… I'm demanding you to tell me.” Weiss said and watched Vaughn closely.

Vaughn looked up from his papers and caught a glimpse of Eric's face expression before he looked back down at the papers. He did not want to talk about what happened between him and Sydney with Eric, because he was not ready to talk about it, and he also did not what to drag Eric into this mess, which he had to do if he told him what had happened.

But Vaughn knew Eric would not let this walk way and he hoped that the mission would start soon so they have to end it. But of course Vaughn was not so lucky and he had to come up with something to say to keep Eric from finding out the truth.

“Eric I appreciate you are trying to help me...but you don't have to do that.” He said once again try to end the conversation.

“Mike, listen to me. This is not going to just walk away in a few days...so to solve this you need to speak with Sydney about it and if you don't want to do that, then make me understand why. You chose which way you want to go." Weiss said angry and Vaughn knew he had to talk to Eric about this because he could not speak to Sydney about it.

“As I said before Sydney's mad at me 'cause I didn't tell her I was helping her father when he was investigated by SD-6 and that I had conversations with her mother regarding information concerning missions. And when I told her I did it of concern for her, 'cause I didn't want her to be worried about them, she told me she's old enough to be coddled and that I didn't need to worry about her.” Vaughn said and then looked at Eric to see if he was happy with the answer. Eric accepted it and sat quiet for a few seconds, but the more he thought about what
Vaughn had said the more he understood there most be something about this that Vaughn chose to not tell him about and Eric had a hunch that that thing would make a lot of difference. Because he did not understand why Vaughn would be angry with her so he did not want to speak with her and Vaughn had also skipped that part in the explanation.

“Okay that explains why she would be mad at you, but there's more than that right? I mean what's the reason why you are mad at her? Or why you don’t want to talk to her?” Weiss asked and Vaughn looked down at his cup of coffee. “Mike?”

“I'm not mad at her.” Vaughn said quiet and Eric sat again and looked at Vaughn as he thought that he had finally had reached the core of the problem because he did not think she was just mad at him because that he was withholding things from her. That must mean there is something else that was the real reason why they did not speak to each other. So now the only question was what that might be.

“Okay but why are you not talking to her then?” Weiss asked and Vaughn knew he would ask that question, but still he could not answer to it.

“I...I just want to give her space so she can accept what I did.” Vaughn said and hoped Eric would except that. But of course Eric knew it was just another thing to say to avoid the truth and to make this appear to be a smaller problem than it was. Because the Vaughn he knew would not act this way if he did not what to hide something really well. Eric just sat and watched Vaughn and he could only come up with one thing Vaughn had never been a really big talker about, his feelings for Sydney. Eric continued to watch him to see what he would do and he saw that Vaughn started to feel bad about his quietness. “What is it?” Vaughn said and wanted to know why Eric had stopped asking questions.

“Correct me if I'm wrong. But I think you don't want to tell me what happened between you and
Sydney because this has something to do with how you guys feel about each other...Am I warm?”
He said and panic was exactly what Vaughn felt in that moment. Everything he had tried to keep
Eric from finding out he now knew and it was not a good thing. There was no way he could ever come up with a lie about that, even if he would have been the best liar in the world. So the only option left was to tell Eric the truth even though he did not look forward to it. At the same time Eric was waiting patiently on what Vaughn had to say.

“When I told you Sydney was angry at me I left one thing out.” Vaughn started to say and then swallowed before he continued. “The thing I left out was that she was mad at me about…She was mad at me 'cause I didn't tell her I was seeing Alice again.” Vaughn answered in a low voice and
Eric just looked at him as if he did not believe he had heard him correct.

“WHAT? SHE BELIEVES YOU'RE SEEING ALICE AGAIN? WHY IS SHE DOING THAT?” Weiss almost screamed which made the rest of the people in the room look in their way to see why he had raised his voice.

"I was going to have dinner with Alice, a dinner between two old friends and Syd and Will were at the same bar, so we kind of bumped into each other." He answered and looked down on the cup in his hands.

“Okay if we just jump over the part about security. I think that's taken care of, but Mike...please tell me what I just heard didn't come from your mouth...Have you lost you mind?” Weiss asked and he made it very clear he did not like what Vaughn had done. But Vaughn did not need Eric to tell him, he knew very well this was not something good and he had to fix this someday.
“I know this is not the best thing I have done. But Alice and I were only there on a friends’ dinner and nothing more and she knows there’ll never be something between us again.”

“But Sydney believes you're seeing her again?” Weiss asked and Vaughn gave him a nod in answer, as Eric could not believe his best friend had screwed up so badly. “Anything else you want to tell me that would just screw this thing up even more then it already is?” He asked and Vaughn gave him a look that indicated that there was.

“Before she went to India to get the nuclear weapons I...I kind of told her something.” Vaughn said and Eric looked at him closely to tell him to continue. “I didn't say it directly but I know she understood that's what I meant.” He continued and once again her nodded to tell Vaughn to go on with his story but he did not expect what he heard next come from Vaughn's mouth. “I kind of told her that I liked her." He said in a low voice and Eric that just had taken a sip of his coffee , he choked on the coffee when Vaughn explained the situation and when he composted himself enough he looked over at Vaughn.

“OKAY...hold on a second... Sydney's mad at you 'cause you didn't tell her you were helping her father and you and her mother have had meetings concerning missions.” Weiss asked so he would not make any misunderstandings in this topic and Vaughn nodded in answer. “Then she meets you and your ex at your 'friends' dinner, which she obviously thinks is a date.” He continued and
Vaughn nodded in answer again. “But before that you kind of told her that you like her? ...No wonder why she's mad at you.”

“Thank you...nice to know whose side you're on.” Vaughn said angry but he did not see the easy solution Eric saw to the problem that had occurred. Now all Vaughn had to do was to tell her he wasn't seeing Alice and then it would go away.

“Mike don't you see it? This could easily be fixed, all you have to do is just tell her you're not seeing Alice and then everything will be fine.”

“Yes that would be an easy way to get her to stop being mad at me but it doesn't help my real problem so unfortunately I can't do it. 'Cause I have protocols that make the thing that I want the most impossible.” Vaughn said and Eric did not believe his ears.

“What? You just gonna let this go? You're not going to tell her you're not seeing Alice? You're not
gonna tell her you want to be with her?" Weiss asked choked and he could not believe Vaughn had plant to just walk away from this. So he knew he had to make Vaughn realize he had to make his move on Sydney now or else it might be too late when the day would come when he would be allowed to.

“Yeah that's exactly what I'm gonna do.” Vaughn answered him like this was not a big a deal.

“Mike maybe you don't see it but the big red carpet is rolled out under your feet and you don't want to take the chance when she stands at the end of it.” Weiss said and did not understand why
Vaughn was so afraid to tell her how the situation really was. If he had been in Vaughn's shoes he would have told Sydney directly that he was not seeing her, but his best friend would not do this because he was to much of an 'by the book' guy to break that rule. It maybe was the most important rule between a handler and its asset, but Eric knew Vaughn was head over heels in love with Sydney and if they did not fix this problem between them soon the things they shared might be destroyed.

“What red carpet?” Vaughn asked and did not have on single clue of what Eric talked about, and maybe he got a strange disease during his recovery or something so he would came back and say all these things which he just a few months ago forbid him from doing.

“Mike I'm sitting here and telling you that the woman of your dreams feels the same way about you as you do about her if she reacts this way about Alice. But unfortunately you don't see that and you don't seem to care that Sydney is jealous of Alice when you toke Alice to dinner instead of her. So there for you don't understand you maybe have to tell Sydney you're not seeing Alice, before you lose her.” Eric said when he noticed that Vaughn had no idea what he talked about and refused to take what he said seriously.

“Before I lose her? Why would I do that?” Vaughn asked and did not understand why he would lose Sydney if he tried to keep his emotions in check, so he would not risk her life.

“‘Cause you will if it's like I think that it is, that she is angry at you 'cause you first said one thing and then did the opposite. So if she continues to think you're not interested in her, she would just see you as a waist of time.” Weiss said and Vaughn looked at him angrily.

“Since when did you become an expert on women? They usually break your heart and I have to pick up the pieces as you lock yourself up in a closet building ships in bottles for many months. Besides how do you even know that Sydney feels that way? Eric there is nothing I can do about this and like I said before the CIA has rules that tells me I can't have a relationship with the woman I want to have that with.” Vaughn said and his face expression looked like a mixture between anger and sadness. Vaughn knew he was not allowed to have a relationship with
Sydney. But Eric did not see why Vaughn would let something as simple as protocol stand in his way of happiness.

“Okay first of all building ships in bottles is called a hobby. Secondly nothing you can do about this?” Weiss asked and Vaughn gave him a nod. “Okay then here's a thought…Tell Sydney how you feel and that you are not seeing Alice any more and see what happens.” Weiss said suggested like it was no big a deal.

“Okay who's the insane one now?” Vaughn asked with a laugh because he thought Eric was joking, and gave him a 'are you knots' look at the same time.

“I know I was the one who said this is a line you don't cross, but that was before I nearly died. I spent three months in recovery and what I learned from that was, you can't take life for granted in our line of work. I know it's risky and against protocol, but this can't continue. Everyone knows you like each other and this just make both of you miserable. Ask yourself this. If Sydney would be killed during a mission would you not have wanted her to know you're not seeing Alice then?” Weiss asked and Vaughn looked down at the cup he was spinning in his hands and then he looked back up at Eric and gave him a nod. Eric was right if she would be killed or hurt on a mission he would have wanted her to know they were not seeing each other. But if he would tell her that now it would still not change the fact that they could not be together.

“Eric yes I probable would, but I'm not gonna risk her life for some pleasure and even if she feels the same way we still can't have a relationship.” Vaughn said distinctly.

“Mike, both of you are spies for Christ sake. Your job is to fool everyone...I know you will lose your job if someone found out about this. Or be killed if Jack Bristow founds out about this. But I can't stand what I'm seeing every day from both of you. Plus this clearly shows she likes you, if she gets mad at you 'cause you're having dinner with you ex. So why are you not doing anything about this?”

“Okay what are you suggesting that I do then?” Vaughn asked and pinched his nose.

“Ask her to dinner or something. Just come up with anything, it can't be that hard. I bet you won't regret it.” Weiss said and Vaughn sighed and ran his hand through his hair but then after a few seconds he smiled and said,

“Okay...I'll ask her to dinner, Mr. Matchmaker.”

TBC I hope you'll like it :blush:

that was great!! your updates are always so long which is a good thing :D... is this AU after their dinner or does it follow along with the show? .. update soon ^_^

Thank you :D
is this AU after their dinner or does it follow along with the show?
Well I don't really know how to answer this it's kind of missing scenes, then AU but it will come back to the show. I hope that is a satisfied answer and not confusing at all :thinking:

I love this story. And I think you write very well. There weren't even that many mistakes in the first part. I wish I could write half that well in any other language! Can I get a pm when you update? Please? Thank you.

You Welcome :smiley:

PS I hope I will be able to update before the end of the week

And if there is someone of you guys that speaks French or you know somebody that does can you please contact me 'cause I need I little help with some French to the story

Hi I know it's a little late but here it is :D this is also my 100th post

Chapter 3
- The Date Part 1 -

When Sydney received her signal from Dixon that Karl Schatz the man transporting the gyroscope had arrived at the airport and was heading towards the gate to board his plane. Sydney put down the magazine she was reading in her bag and hurried towards the gate.

As she got there she slipped past him in the line and walked trough the metal detectors and as planned the detector beeped and the guard instructed her to take off her necklace and earring and then go through the detectors again. She did as he said but once again the detector beeped and the guard grabbed her arm and said she had to follow with him.

But she pulled back her arm and when she saw Mr. Schatz was about to walk though the detector she saw her chance to steal the gyroscope and she took off her jacket and bumped into him so he would not notice that she stole it with a little help from Marshall’s Artful Dodger.

She then went through the detector again and this time it did not beep as her jacket and the gyroscope went through the scan. The guard thanked her and she grabbed all her belongings she had to remove from her body and she put her jacket back on and then walked towards the CIA field station.

When she spotted the door to the field station she stopped a few seconds before she walked up to it. She knew Vaughn would be on the other side of that door and she did not look forward to meeting him. On the other hand she knew she had to walk into that room so she could drop off the gyroscope.

As she reached the door the man in a suit that stood by the door open it for and let her inside the big room and closed it behind her. Weiss who sat by a desk in the room got up from his chair as soon as he saw her and walked over to her. She handed him the gyroscope and he walked away from her and over to a group of people that sat around tons of electric equipment. When he left she had stood still and did not know what she should do. The only person she recognized in the room other then Weiss was Vaughn. She forced herself over to him and she placed her bag on a one of the desks in the room and looked everywhere except at him.

"Base ops this is Boy Scout, Mountaineer just delivered the package. We’re proceeding with the copy." Vaughn said on the phone before he put it down. He then looked at her and saw that she was avoiding eye contact with him. Vaughn walked around the desk and up to her, and she looked at him for a second before she looked back at the floor and he had to make her look at him so he said. “They’re estimating two hours until the duplicate’s ready.”

She looked up form the floor but soon she was looking back at the floor. He swallowed and thought about how to start a conversation, but it was a little hard when she refused to even look at him. In the corner of his eye he saw Eric watching him and when he silently asked Eric what he should do and Eric answered him by mouthing 'say something'.

He looked down at the floor and put his hands in his pant pockets in a nervous move, as he at the same time took a deep breath. After a few seconds he looked back up at her and saw that she was still looking at her feet and did not make any signs that indicated she would start to talk to him. Then Vaughn made up his mind and thought either he would succeed or fail completely.

"Ah Syd...listen..." Vaughn said and she looked up at him and waited for what he had to say. "Do you want to go to dinner? ...When we were driving though town I saw this place, Rousseau I think it's called." He asked nervously, and Sydney looked at him closely. She did not believe she had heard him correct.

First because there was a rule that prevented them from being seen in public so therefore it was not a good idea to go to this dinner and take the risk of being seen by someone from SD-6. Second there was the fact that he had a girlfriend. Why would he ask her to dinner when he was not available? Or did he just want to take her to dinner to apologize for the things he had done. If that was the case Sydney thought he could do that here instead of a fancy restaurant.

"Vaughn...we can't do that." She answered shaking her head.

"Why not?" Vaughn asked and wondered why she did not want to.

"For a millions of reasons...If Alliance security sees us together they'll kill us." Sydney answered and used that reason as explanation to why she did not want to go. But if it were just the security risk that would be the problem she would have followed with him. But the real problem was Vaughn dating Alice and that was the reason why she said no.

"The nearest Alliance cell is in Zurich and CIA track their every movement there hasn’t been any signals or movement." He answered to tell her if it was the security risk that kept her away she did not need to worry about it, so now there was no good reason why she would not go to dinner with him.

"You're serious." Sydney asked a little afraid of the answer.

"Sydney, we been to restaurant and sat near each other we went to parks and inconvenience stores and all of them in LA were we‘re much more likely to be seen together. Two things I don’t think it's not that great a risk and two I'm hungry I’m starving. I mean we’re gonna be together anyway why can’t we be eating, aren't you hungry?" Vaughn tried to convince her and she did not know what to say instead she just thought about what to say. Vaughn at the same time was convinced she was going to say no. She had every right to say no to him and he knew when she had said it was not a good idea to go to dinner because of the security risk that was not the reason why she did not want to go. He knew her so well that he knew the real reason why she did not say yes was completely different.

Sydney first looked at the floor and then back at him. Something about his answer had made her change her mind about the dinner, and she had risked her life numbers of times in the field so why not risk it when she has something to gain from it, a dinner with someone she liked. Plus she also remembered what Francie had told her and she was definitely taking her advice.

"Okay let's do it." She answered smiling.

"Yeah?" He asked surprised and a huge smile formed on his face because she had for a second there let him believe she would turn him down. But now he was extremely happy she had accepted the offer.

"Yeah." She nodded confirming. "But I think I'm gonna change 'cause I don't think this would be a such appropriate outfit to wear at a restaurant. But I’ll be back in a second." She said and grabbed her bag from the desk.

"Yeah that would probable be a good idea." Vaughn answered and looked down at her outfit she had to wear on the mission. "I’ll be waiting here."

"Okay." Sydney said with a smile as she walked out of the room to get her suitcase where she had some other cloths. As Vaughn saw her close the door behind her he thought this without a doubt would be a night he would never forget. He already knew they would have a really nice time together and he hope he could get to know Sydney a little bit better then the agent Bristow he knew. Vaughn then saw Eric heading in his direction and Vaughn continued to look at the door until he felt Eric tap his shoulder and he looked up at him.

"And?" Eric asked curious, and looked like he was going to explode if he did not get and answer in the next second.

"Well…" Vaughn answered with a sad tone. "My evening plans did not turn out very well.” He continued and because of the face expression and the sad tone Eric thought Sydney had turned him down. But Vaughn then smiled before he said. "'Cause now I won't be able to stay here since
Sydney and I are going to dinner."

"You're really going to dinner with her?"

"Yeah I am." Vaughn answered and his smile was growing bigger and bigger.

"Dinner? ...Wow. Score man." Weiss said as he did a happy dance and then gave Vaughn high five. Eric was really happy this had worked out so everything could return back to normal and they could start working well together again. "But don't ever do that again I thought you screwed up. I seriously thought she turned you down."

"You face expression was priceless. By the way I’m goona keep my comm. channel open and I need you to monitor the RF frequencies. And any suspect signals I want to know about it. Anything." Vaughn said seriously, and grabbed a little box with the comm. link and placed the little ear-pice in his ear. "I'm gonna change now okay."

"Absolutely." Weiss said as Vaughn walked out of the room to change but Eric stopped him. "Oh and Mike if they have any éclairs could you get me one and if they are small get at least two."

"I’ll see what I can do."

Sydney went and grabbed her suitcase from the box at the airport she had put it in before the mission. She then went to one of the airports many restrooms and checked so there was no one in else in there before she locked the door after her. She put her bag on the counter in the room and looked at her reflection in the mirror above the sink. She took off the wig and clothes and then she grabbed her toiletries from the bag to remove the make-up from her face.

When she was finished she grabbed the bag again and pulled out a white shirt, beige pants a white coat and high heel shoes. She put the cloths on and shoes before she fixed her hair and make-up, and added a little perfume. Then she places the other clothes and the toiletries in the bag before she closed it.

She then looked back at the mirror again and saw a nervous figure was looking back at her. This would be the first time she and Vaughn would do something not work related together and she could not remember the last time she had been this nervous. She had met him thousands of times before but this one was going to be different. This dinner was just not a dinner with a co- worker this was a dinner with Vaughn and that was something completely different, it was something she had dreamed would happen someday and now right this moment it happened.

A few seconds later she grabbed the suitcase from the counter before she walked out of the restroom. She put the suitcase back in a box and then she went back to the room where Vaughn would be waiting for her. As she opened the door, she saw Vaughn and Eric talking at the other side of the room but she noticed that Vaughn no longer was hearing what Eric said since he was watching her. As she walked up to him he watched her from head to toe and smiled when she stopped right in front of him.

"You look beautiful." Vaughn said and looked deeply into her eyes and he had totally forgotten that Eric was standing right beside him.

"Thank you...Should we go?" She said back and blushed at his intense gaze.

"Yes, of course." Vaughn answered and she turned to Eric and said their goodbye.

"Have a nice time and…Mike…remember what I said." Weiss said as he gave Vaughn a grin and he hoped Sydney did not understand the meaning of it.

Vaughn then opened the door to let Sydney out of the room and before he followed her he gave
Eric look to back off. But Sydney had noticed there was something about the way Eric had looked at them when he said his goodbye and Vaughn just had opened the door for her as to get her away from Eric as soon as possible that made this interesting. She did not know if it was about the thing they had been talking about before she stepped out of the restroom or if it was something else. But she had a felling it was about her and she just wanted to know what it was.

"Vaughn why did Eric have that grin on his face?" She asked and Vaughn smiled at her.

"His just happy that we going on this date after all this we have been though. And he also gave me an advice not to say or do something that would offend you. 'Cause he didn't want to see me come back beaten up by you." He answered as they walked through the airport, and the underground garage.

Vaughn had exactly not been telling the truth about what Eric had meant by the look but Vaughn did not want Sydney to know what it was about. It had been a typical guy thing he and Eric had done for as long as they known each other. They had always talked about the chicks they met at a party or had a one-night stand with and even the women they were dating and therefore Eric know a lot about Vaughn's relationship and sex-life. So now when Vaughn had this date with Sydney, Eric had said he hoped he did not see him for the rest of the time left until their scheduled plane.

But Vaughn knew they would not be the case because Sydney was not a chick and she would never be one. Therefore would Sydney not be a woman he would talk about with Eric like they had talked about others. On top of that Vaughn had strongly explained to Eric that this was only a date and nothing more both because of the rules and also because of that Sydney was special and therefore did he not want to force her into something. But Eric had not listen to him because he thought if Vaughn would be given the chance to take his and Sydney's date to the next base and she also wanted it, Vaughn would take it and throw the rules out the window in the process.

No long after they walk up to a black sedan in the underground garage and Vaughn opened the passenger door for her, as a true gentleman. She smiled at his gesture and got inside the car and
Vaughn shut it behind her. He then walked around the car up to the driver side, and got inside the car himself and started it.

He drove into the city under silence since no one of them knew what to say to the other. Vaughn then after about twenty minutes stopped in front of and old house in the middle of Nice and shut off the engine. He then stepped out of the car and walked around it to open the door for her and once again she smiled at his gesture.

It did not surprise Sydney that Vaughn did all these small things for her like opening doors. It actually was exactly what she had imagine he normally would do to someone, because it was in his character to do these kind of things. But she was not used to it since she never been together with somebody who toke the gentleman thing serious.

Vaughn shut the door after her and locked it before he went over to the big front door of the restaurant to open that one for her also. But he noticed she was still standing beside the car lost in her thoughts so he let go of the door handle and went back to her there he stopped in front of her.

"Syd?" He said concerned and studied her face closely. At the sound of his voice she looked up at him and he continued. "Are you alright?" He asked even more concerned but she smiled at him and nodded that she was fine.

He led her inside the door, with his hand protectively placed on the small of her back, as they walked inside the restaurant named Rousseau. At the door a man who said he was the owner welcomed them and indicated to them to follow him. They walked through the restaurant with slow soft saxophone tones of music played in the background and there were candies and flower at each table, which gave the entire room a romantic impression. The owner stopped at a table in the middle of the restaurant and toke Sydney's coat.

"Here you go. Chose what you like, and I’ll be right back." The owner said and gave them the menus.

"Merci." Vaughn answered and both of them opened them and looked down at the menus. After a few seconds they both looked up and Sydney looked quickly back down in it. But Vaughn continued to look at her and he knew he had to say something since he had no said a word to her since they got to the restaurant. But the problem was what to say. He thought about asking how Francie was doing with her restaurant, something he only found out a few weeks ago that she had, but he changed his mind and looked down at the menu.

Sydney looked down at the menu and felt Vaughn watching her and she knew she had to say something. Usually they did not have a problem talking with each other so why was it so hard now?

"Vaughn I think wine would help the situation." She suggested and put the menu on the table, and looked at him.

"I was just thinking the same." He said back as he called the owner back to the table.

"Yes, what can I get you?" The old man asked when he reached the table.

"A bottle of red wine is that okay with you?" Vaughn asked she nodded a yes. "Okay a bottle of red please." He said and the owner ones again left them alone and Vaughn looked back at her. Silence fell over the table once again and this could not continued so to start a conversation
Vaughn asked. "So how is Francie doing with her restaurant?"

"She doing fine. She just started it and it takes a lot of work to get the place running, and some times I actually think she's working as much as I do to make it happen as soon as possible. But she also has a lot of people that helps her and have a own restaurant is something she always wanted." Sydney answered with a smile since she noticed that Vaughn asked her a personal question, which he only a few times had done before. She was also glad he remembered the few things she told him about herself.

"Yes I can imagine there is a lot of work to get the place settle."

At the same time the owner came back and poured up the wine into the glasses, and asked if they were ready to order but Vaughn said they had not decided yet so the owner left them and went on with his work.

"So I heard you on the phone with base ops. Your code name is Boy Scout?" Sydney asked to not let the conversation stop and she also wanted to know why he would pick that name or if it was just given to him. But Vaughn did not answer her he just looked down at the table embarrassed and when she noticed this she just had to know why so she asked. "What? Why are you called Boy Scout?"

"It goes back to CST clandestine service training and you don't want to hear this." He said and shook his head, but Sydney had no intention on doing so and his lack of answer just made her more curious.

"Yes Vaughn I want to know why and when you embarrassed to talk about it that just makes it more interesting." She answered and smiled so her cute dimples showed and Vaughn could not deny her an explanation.

"Okay, but what I tell you doesn't leave this room." He said as a practical joke and looked at her.

"What are you gonna kill me if I do? Because then I think you should think that over before you try anything, since I'm very talented in kicking people's asses." She said back and continued his little joke. "I mean it wouldn't look so good if someone found out I kicked your ass."

"What? You don't think I could beat you 'cause then I would gladly show you wrong." He continued and both of them were interested in where this conversation was going.

"Really? Would that just be an easy way for you to get on top of me?" She asked seriously.

:devil: hope you'll like it

Brilliant. i loved the little added on interaction at the end, a lovely twist to the standard episode path. Very nice

Thank you for the pm and for the update

Awesome update! I loved it. I can't wait for more. :P It was funny how fast they got to talking about the good stuff. ;) lol

Back