Love will conquer it all

Here's the next chapter I hope you'll like it :smiley:

Chapter 7
- The plan -

He let his head rest on Sydney’s shoulder as he regained his breath after their lovemaking and after a few seconds he placed a small loving kiss there before he lifted his head up to meet her eyes. He stoked her cheek before he kissed her softly on the lips.

“You okay?” Vaughn asked her after a few more kisses and she gave him her million-dollar smile with dimples and all to assure him that she was.

“Yes…this was amazing…I can’t believe we actually did this…it feels so surreal.” She answered and kissed him first on the lips and then on his nose before she moved away a bit to look into those beautiful emerald green eyes of his that she would never get tiered of looking into.

“Believe it and you’re amazing too…you’re so beautiful.” He said as placed both of his hands on each side of her face before he leaned closer to her and gave her a long kiss.

“I wasn’t aware of that I looked so beautiful when I probable have my hair standing in every direction…but thanks for telling me.”

“Well then this might come to you as a shock…but to me you look like an angel.” He said and looked into her eyes lovingly so she would know he meant every word he said. But they caught her of guard and she blushed and looked down at his chest to think of something to say. She loved to hear those words come from him and she enjoyed every time Vaughn totally spoiled her with comments on how beautiful he though that she looked. But when she did not respond he continued. “Hey I didn’t say that to make you uncomfortable.”

“You didn’t make me uncomfortable I just not use to have somebody giving me all these comments all the time.” She interrupted him and finally looked back at him before she placed a kiss on his lips.

Not long after he moved off her and laid down on his back beside her. He looked at her as she grabbed the sheet to cover her naked body before she rolled over to her side and propped herself up on her right elbow. She moved her left hand to his muscular chest and began to run her fingertips over the soft hair.

He moved his left hand up to her face and tucked a few stands of hair behind her ears. She looked him in the eyes and moved her hand from his chest and began to stoke his cheek softly. Vaughn placed one of his hands over hers as they continued to just look at each other without saying one single word. In that moment it felt like their small touches on the others body and the eye-connection they had was just as good as words to express their feelings. They had just found their release of the almost one and a half-year long sexual tension and both of them knew they must have been idiots to wait that long to make a move.

A few second later Vaughn moved away his hand from hers and his fingertips ran up her forearm, elbow, upper arm and shoulder until it reached the sheet. But that did not stop his hands since it moved underneath the sheet and his hand did not come to a halt before it grabbed a strong and protective hold of her waist. He leaned his head closer to hers and first he gave her a quick kiss on the nose before his lips found hers as she immediately began to kiss him back.

It did not take long before Sydney curled closer to him and laid on top of him as Vaughn automatically wrapped the other arm around her to get her closer. He kisses traveled from her lips to the crook of her neck.

The kissing continued and the longer it went on the more Sydney felt that she would never want to leave this room. She knew that was impossible but she would never throw away what just happened with Vaughn, not in a million years. She would never regret what happened and the longer the night had gone the more she knew she could never go back to L.A. without continuing the relationship she just started with him. She only hoped that he would feel the same.

“Vaughn.” She said between the kisses to get his attention. “I don’t wont this night to be a one time thing.” She continued seriously and Vaughn immediately stopped kissing her. He knew they at some point of the night had to discuss how their relationship would look like when they returned to L.A. and he had already made up his mind.

He would not under any circumstances let this be a one-night stand, both because firstly Sydney would never be a woman you just have a one-night stand with. If that was what a guy ever wanted from her then he must have been a complete idiot. Secondly this night would forever be apart of him since it made him realized how it really felt to love a woman.

There was no way he ever could go back to L.A. and not have the chance to kiss, touch and be in her presence. Before he had thought that he knew what it felt like to love a woman but Sydney had made him realize he never could have been more wrong. He would never throw away what they had shared during this night.

“Sydney if you think I’d go back to L.A. and just forget what happened here…than I’d be insane.” He said and placed both of his hands on her cheeks so he could see how she responded to his suggestion. “There is no way I’d let something as beautiful and amazing like you just walk away from me.” He continued and the doubt she had had in her eyes before that he would keep a professional role to her when they came back to L.A. disappeared and a large smile formed on her face.

“Exactly how do you plan to form those words into actions?” She asked seriously and she was excited to see his plan on how they would stay together without CIA’s or SD-6’s knowledge.

“Well…if anyone at CIA finds out about this at least they will remove me as you case officer or worst case scenario I’ll be transferred to another office. Now if your dad finds out what happened here, I think…I should be grateful if I’m still alive when he’s finished with me.” He said with a completely serious tone but Sydney laughed at his comment.

“Vaughn my dad’s methods might not be the best all the time, but don’t you think you’re overreacting a little?”

“Syd you’re his daughter he’d never harm you in any way so this might be a little hard for you to understand exactly how scary he really is.”

“Okay I believe you…and if he has a problem with us you’ll send him to me and I’ll handle it.” She said and both of them smiled at this. She knew if Jack found out about what she and Vaughn had done today there was no doubt he would have a problem with it. He would probable be furious and disappointed at her for risking her life like that, but she would not regret it no matter what he thought about it.

Vaughn had always been there and he would always protect her at all costs. She had never felt so safe with a person as she felt when she was with him. He had this way of making her forget everything bad in the world when they were together, which he had proved on their date tonight. It had been completely magic and the thing that happened after they had finished their dinner was beyond words.

She had up the point when she walked into the room at the airport to drop off the gyroscope thought this day she would remember as a day when everything around her went wrong. But as she lay in the arms of the most amazing man on earth that was not the way she would remember this day.

She would remember it as the day when she finally saw the end of the dark tunnel she had been in her whole life. Of course she had been happy during the time with Danny but she had carried a big secret their entire relationship and he had been in love with somebody he thought she was.

With Vaughn on the other hand there were no secrets he knew what she was doing for a living and what she had to see and be apart of every day. He also understood the blame she carried over Danny’s death and how much anger and hate she had towards the Alliance and Sloane.

There was nothing that would stop her from bringing down SD-6 it had been her goal for almost one and a half year the only thing that had changed was the motive and after tonight she had never been more motivated than before.

“Syd…you okay? You were like miles away.” He said when he noticed that she was finished with whatever thoughts that had run through her head.

“Yes…I’m fine. What were you saying?”

“Well I think we had gotten to the part about if Sloane or anyone else of the Alliance finds out about us…If they do we’re both as good as dead. So my proposition is since we have all these people against us and I can’t show the rest of the world how much I adore you.” He said and at this she smiled at him. “I have to show that to an old, cold and dusty warehouse, which is completely unfair to you ‘cause you deserve so much more. And we have to be thousands of times more wildly crazy-careful than we were before, ‘cause we need to stay together. And then when SD-6 is gone maybe I can show the rest of the world my feelings for you. What do you think?”

“I think it’s a great plan and I agree we need to stay together even though I would have enjoyed a better start in this but the warehouse is fine by me as long as you’re there.”

“Great and I promise I’m not going anywhere.” He said and looked at his watch and she knew what was coming. “Syd…we need to go or else you gonna miss your flight.”

“Yeah I know…” She said with a sad tone in her voice and looked away from him but he touched her face with his hand and made her look at him. When their eyes locked Vaughn’s heart almost broke when he saw the emotions in her eyes. “Vaughn I don’t want this to just be a memory. Right now I could give up all the money in the world if SD-6 and the Alliance would disappear.” She continued and he wrapped his arms tighter around her.

“Sydney I promise you this was not the first and only moment we’ll share like this I promise you there’ll be lots of them. But I want you to promise me that when we walk our separate ways at the airport you’ll be careful and safe until the next time we’ll meet. ‘Cause I wont let anything bad happen you. Can you promise me that you’ll be safe?” He asked and she nodded her head as a small tear ran down her right cheek, which he whipped away with his thumb.

“I promise I’ll be safe if you can do the same.” She said and he nodded his answer before she kissed him on the forehead and he released his grip on her waist. He got out of the bed and grabbed his boxers form the floor before he headed to the small bathroom as she fished up her underwear and bra of the floor.

When she was finished with her panties and continued with her bra she heard him leave the bathroom and walk up to her from behind and not long after that she felt him wrap his strong arms around her waist and place kisses on her right shoulder and neck.

“Vaughn are you just gonna stand there?” She asked and he turned her around in his arms so she faced him.

“Nope.” He answered with a grin and he laid back down on the bed propped up on his elbow as he looked at her in way animals looked at their prey as she put on her beige pants, tank top and sweater. “Don’t take this the wrong way or get pissed at me now.” He continued and just as he said those words she knew this would be bad. “But as a guy…I always thought that watching a woman get undressed was on of the sexiest things in the world…” He continued but was interrupted when her response was throwing all of his cloths at his head. “Syd take it easy…I told you not to get mad at me. But now after seeing you I think watching you get dressed that’s…almost…as sexy as seeing you get…undressed.”

“Vaughn that was very nice of you to say. But if you don’t get up from the bed and put your cloths on soon I’m calling a cab.” She said demandingly and he resultantly began to put his cloths back on.

“Syd it was a compliment and I told you not to get angry at me. And speaking of driving…I think we have to call a cab anyway…after that bottle of wine at dinner I don’t think anyone of us should be driving back to the airport.”

“Don’t drink and drive…Yeah you probably right.” She said before she stepped over to where he was sitting on the bed and gave him a kiss before she continued. “Can you call one?”

“I’m on it I just gonna call Eric too so someone comes and picks up the car.” He said and grabbed his phone from his jacket. He ordered a cab for them before he changed to the comm. channel as she went to the bathroom to try fixing her hair so it would not give away any clues of what they had been doing.

She heard Vaughn talking but she could not form any words of the mumbled voice and she hoped that they were not talking about her. But since it was Eric on the other end she knew he would at some point ask Vaughn what had happened as every normal man probable would. She also knew Francie would ask her the same when she would tell her she just slept with Michael Vaughn.

Sydney knew Francie would freak out and literally hit the roof when she would tell her. There would be so many questions about who Michael is and how ‘it’ was and she would not be able to answer them sufficient since you cannot describe in words how it fells to make love to Vaughn.

As she thought about it had been a lot better then she had imagined both in her imagination during the dinner but also in her dream she had had after seeing him shirt-less in Taipei. It was not the only adult dream she had had in her life but it had been the only one with someone who was a real person.

But his lovemaking was not anywhere near her imagination he so sweet, loving and tender. He had this way of making you beg him to both stop and keep going at the same time. He could drive you wild with want as he at the same time would should you how much he loved you.

“What are you smiling about?” He asked as he appeared at the door fully dressed and went over to her to wrap his arms around her before he placed his chin on her left shoulder and smiled at her the way only he could.

“You of course and then the picture of how much Francie will freak out when I’ll tell her about tonight.”

“Can you take a picture so I can see it ‘cause I can’t imagine her reaction when you all of a sudden comes and tells her that you just slept with some guy.” He laughed but the look she was giving him said that was not entirely true. “Or does she know more about me than I thing she does?” He asked and she gave him a small smile. “Sydney Anne Bristow exactly how much does Francie know about me?”

“Well…I kind of mentioned you once.”

“When was this and what did you tell about me?” He said and wanted to know all about it. The idea of that she had mentioned him to her friend felt so amazing. It made this top secret relationship feel more real and it also proved that she had actually felt more for him then friendship a lot longer then he first thought.

“It was about a week ago…I told her there was this hot cute, smart and funny guy at work called Michael. But I swear that’s all she knows and we haven’t spoken about you since.” She said before she looked away form him and he knew that was not the case. “Okay actually she for some reason asked if you were going on this trip too and I said that I might be seeing you.”

“So she’ll not be surprised at all when you tell her?”

“No I mean yes…this is going to be hard to understand. She’ll be surprised that I’ve had sex with you now but not that I had slept with you.” She said and even herself did not understand what she meant so how could Vaughn. “Okay it’s like this that I slept with a guy on a trip will be a surprise but that that guy was you will not be a surprise. She’ll also probable keep me in cross-examination for hours. ‘Cause she’ll want to know all about you.” Sydney said and turned away from the mirror to look at him.

“Aw…Poor girl.” He said and kissed her on the nose as he held his strong arms tightly around her waist. “Should I send some back-up for my super double agent spy?”

“No handler, I don’t think I’ll need it.” Sydney answered with a smile and leaned closer to him to kiss him a long and passionate kiss on the mouth, which he at once deepened. Her arms wrapped around his neck and his hands found their way under her sweater where they began to run all over her stomach. Both of them felt the heat growing inside them and it did not take long before the kissing had turned out to a full make-out session and she felt him press her up against the sink.

He hands traveled from her stomach to her butt and he lifted her of the floor as she wrapped her long legs around his waist. He carried her out of the small bathroom and laid her down on the bed and covered her body with his. Her hands began to make a complete mess with his hair as his left hand moved lower on her body and it began to stoke both the outside and the inside of her thigh.

Both of them knew they did not have the time for this but as soon as they would leave this room their life would return to asset and handler and no one of them knew when they would have a chance like this again. Therefore every single second was like if there was no tomorrow.

“Vaughn.” She said after a few more kisses. “As much as I hate to say it…but we…the time is not exactly on our side at the moment.”

“Sorry…I think I got a little carried away here…Besides the cab will probably be here in any minute.”

“Vaughn don’t be sorry.” She said with a large grin on her face. “Don’t tell anyone I said this but…I like it when you get a little carried away. Because I love it when you kiss me and have your hands all over me.” She continued and she swore that she saw him blush.

He got up from the bed and held out his hand for her, which she grabbed and he pulled her up from the bed. Both of them take on final look at the room before she followed him as he led her to the door and out into the corridor. He let go of her hand as he locked the door but grabbed it once again as they walked back down to the restaurant. When they got there both of them saw the owner behind the barcounter and they walked up to him.

“Is there something wrong with the room?” The owner asked and looked at them strangely as Vaughn handed him the key.

“No not at all we just got a call from a relative of mine who has a house down here and it turns out that his here for the week so he asked us to come and stay at him. But I promised the room came very much in hand.”

“Good I had hoped that it would.” The owned answered and went to fetch Sydney’s coat. He came back a moment later and handed it to her before he said. “Just one more thing. I just want to say that I even a blind person could see that you two like each other it was obvious as soon as you two walked through that door. And I wish you two all the luck in the world.”

“Thank you.” Sydney said as they walked over to the door.

“You’re very much welcome.”

They walked out of the front door hand in hand and they began to wait for the cab to come and pick them up. The wind outside was a little cold so to keep her warmth she steeped closer to Vaughn and rested her head on his shoulder. He automatically wrapped his arms around her and kissed her on the top of her head.

They stayed that way until a cab parked in front of them and Vaughn loosened his grip on her to open the backseat door. They got inside the car Vaughn told the cabdriver in a smooth French voice to take them to the airport.

The cab started moving and Vaughn wrapped his arm around her shoulder once again as she snuggled closer to him. During the entire ride to the airport they stayed that way and Sydney could never remember that a cab ride had ever been so amazing as it was right now.

When the cab stopped in front of the main entrance they got out and Vaughn paid the cabdriver. Sydney was just about to start walking towards the entrance when he stopped her and he crashed his lips onto hers.

She was caught by a complete surprise but it did not take long for her to recover from her chock and start to respond to his passionate kiss. He pressed her closer to him to deepen the kiss and they did not break apart until the lack of oxygen made it impossible to keep kissing.

“I couldn’t let you go inside without one more kiss.” Vaughn said after a few seconds and placed a kiss on her forehead. “Ready to go back to reality?”

“Yeah.” She answered and they walked inside the main entrance.

It did not take long before they were at the door to the field station and after they shared on final romantic look he opened the door for her and closed it behind them.

Eric who sat by a desk working on a laptop looked up as soon as he heard the door open and the first thing he noticed as they walked into the room was the large smile both of them had on their face. They had been gone for a little over two hours so there could be plenty reasons why both of them were grinning like fools.

Eric stood up from the desk as Vaughn and Sydney reached it and he handed over the real and the fake gyroscope to her, which she grabbed and placed them in her inside pocket of her jacket. There was an awkward silence between the three of them and Eric was watching both of them with a large interest since there was definitely something going on between them.

“Well…if that’s all I think I should get going so I don’t miss my plane.”

“Yeah you probably should…I’ll see you in LA.”

”Yeah…bye Vaughn…Eric.” She answered with smile and both of them watched her as she walked over to the door and smiled at them once again before she went out of the door and shut it after her.

TBC

I know it has been a while and I'm not entirely finished with the next chapter but I thought I should give you a spoiler

“Exactly who knows about this, more than you and me?” Sloane asked Sark after a while of thinking.
:hide:

Here's the next chapter injoy

Chapter 8
-Interrogation Part 1-

As soon as the door had closed Eric turned his attention from the door and over to Vaughn. Eric studied and waited for Vaughn to say something but he only went back to his desk without saying anything. Eric followed him over to the desk and after a few seconds he was about to opened his mouth to ask the questions that were running around in his head that he had to get answers to. But he had not even got the first letter out before Vaughn interrupted him.

“Eric if you’re going to ask me about the date this is all I have to say. I can’t thank you enough for making me realize I had to speak with Syd about our communication problem and that you convinced me to ask her on a date. If you hadn’t done that I probable wouldn’t…I don’t think I would have had as fun as I had tonight.” Vaughn began to say and at the fin part Eric raised one of his eyebrows but Vaughn chose to ignore it and continued. “It was a great date I learned a lot of things about her and she learned a lot of things about me. We had a great time and at the end I was happy that I got the chance to kiss her.” He said with a large smile and Weiss indicated that he should continue the story. “And you’re the reason why that happened tonight so I can’t tell you how glad I am that you convinced me. Thank you…You’re a great friend and I’m really happy that you were there when I need you to tell me how much I screw up.” He said and before Eric got the chance to ask the question he wanted Vaughn interrupted him once again. “BUT…with that said if you were about to ask me what I think you were about to ask me I’m not telling you anything.” Vaughn said and he wanted to keep the things that happened in that room just between Sydney and him.

“You think I was gonna ask you if you got laid?”

“I’m not only thinking I know you were gonna ask me that and I thought that before you asked that question you should know that I wouldn’t answer it.” Vaughn said and he knew Eric deserved a little credit for all his help in this. If Eric had not made him ask her out he would most likely be moping for months over his situation with Sydney. But he would still not tell his friend about what happened.

“Okay this is how I see it. Since you don’t want to tell me what happened I’m gonna have to guess. Either you didn’t do it therefore you’re both the absolute dumbest idiot and the largest insult to the male spices on this earth for screwing up a chance like that especially since you already kissed her… Or you did it and you just to modest to tell me about this little occasion…” Weiss said and then stepped one step close and continued. “And if you ask me which alternative I think it is, I KNOW we have a winner with number two.” Weiss said and he would not let Vaughn play with him again. “Because that you didn’t sleep with her is as likely as if I would be the president of the United States and at the same time was the richest man in the world. And I’m not anywhere near that. You two go to a dinner and not to mention he way you guys looked at each other just a few seconds ago. And then you tell me that you kissed her! I may not be a genius but I’m not that stupid that I can’t see there’s something going on here. I know how you feel about her and I have known you for to long to know that particular look like the one you got right now says that you had a great time and you just said it yourself that you had ‘fun’ tonight.”

“Well when I said that I had fun tonight that’s not what I meant.”

“Mike listen to me if Syd and you where five-year olds fun would have meant you guys built a sandcastle or watched carton together…if you guys were teenagers fun would have meant you guys made out during a movie or you hands accidentally found their way under her shirt. But fun as an adult doesn’t mean ‘we had dinner, I kissed her that’s it’ especially not after being gone for over two hours. You usually tell me these things so why can’t you tell me about Syd?”

“‘Cause it’s none of your business.”

“Okay I respect that you don’t want to say anything. But man come on I deserve to know what happened I’m your friend and think about all the miserable faces that I had to stand day in and day out. I supported you guys give me some credit. And if I remember correctly you wouldn’t have had some ‘fun’ if it weren’t for me. I’m not asking for too juicy details ‘cause I know you won’t give them to me but I just want to you know basic information you can’t deny me that.”

Vaughn knew Eric had a point and if he had be in Eric’s shoes he would have wanted to know about this too. But the night with Sydney had been to special and he wanted to keep that just between him and Sydney. He had finally reached that point in his life when a relationship was not just being with a woman. It had become a lot more serious which included not telling your friends all juicy details about your relationship.

But Vaughn also knew Eric would not stop bugging him with this no matter how many times he would have to bring it up he would not stop until he had some answers from Vaughn.

“Okay so what if I did but I’m not that kind of I guy that just jump on a woman and then tell everyone I know how it was like it’s some kind of a trophy.”

“I know you’re not that kind of a guy but you just spent a night with Sydney Bristow on of the hottest women both you and me have ever seen so it must have been better then good.”

“It was mind-blowing…” Vaughn said but after a look from Eric he added. “It was the best sex I ever had. But that’s the last thing I’m going to say.”

“Thank you that’s all I wanted to know. Now I won’t ask anymore questions. I just hope you know that you probable one of the luckiest guys in the world right now.”

“Trust me…I’m very aware of how lucky I’m.” Vaughn said and he knew how lucky he was. He knew a woman like Sydney was one on a million, one in a lifetime and she had chose him. He was just a normal guy, born in France, who loved hockey and served his country for a living.

They had just begun to get to know each other but yet they had shared a night full of passion. A night he would remember for as long as he lived. His job as her handler had always stopped him from showing her how he really felt about her but since their dinner at Rousseau that would be different.

From now on he would show her in every way their top-secret relationship allowed how much he cared and how happy she made him. Everything he need was just a little help since he did not under any circumstances wanted either SD-6 or CIA not even Eric to know what he was about to give Sydney.

Since he had not told his mother about Sydney he could not ask her because then she would only ask all there was to know about Sydney and he did not have time for that. Therefore Nathan was the man for the job

“Eric I just have to call Nathan about something okay…but I’ll be right back.”

“Sure I’ll be heading to the jet then don’t take to long.” Weiss said without a clue what Vaughn was up to and he waked out of the room. When he was out of sight Vaughn grabbed his cell phone from his jacket and he dialed the number. He waited patently for someone to pick up on the other end and after two rings someone did.

“Nat here.” Vaughn heard his cousin answered.

“Hey it’s me. Are you busy?” Vaughn said and looked over his shoulder to that no one was listening to his conversation.

“Hey Mike, no not at all. What’s up?”

“Eh…nothing special really, look…I was wondering if you could do me a small favor?”

“Yeah sure, what is it?”

“Well the thing is that…eh…I was just wondering…” Vaughn nervously started to explain what he wanted and he knew by the time he was finished there would be a lot of questions form Nathan. “I was wondering if you could order some roses…for a person and write a card with it.” Vaughn said and listen to the silence that came from the other end of the phone.

Nathan was a little shocked at his request. It was not every day he was asked to do something like this especially not from Vaughn. His cousin wanted his help in a flower delivery for someone and after Vaughn’s resent breakup with Alice the roses could not possible be for her. No then it was much more likely they were for his crush at work as Eric had nicely put it.

It had been only a few days earlier he and Eric had hit the bars and of course both of them had got totally wasted. They had watched woman after woman turn them down and all of a sudden Eric had just said. “Why is the world so unfair? Either no woman at all wants you or it’s like in Mike’s situation you want the only woman you can’t have.” Of course Nathan at the point had no idea of what Eric was talking about but it did not take long until Eric had explained the entire situation.

If Vaughn had asked him to help him with this before Eric had told him about this woman at his office Nathan would not have had any clue at all of whom the person was that Vaughn wanted to send flowers to. But now he just had to know if they were for his work fling or not.

“Are these flowers to the woman that you have a crush on?”

“Excuse me?” Vaughn asked taken by complete surprise. Since he had not mentioned her to Nathan, he had no idea how Nathan possibly could have known about Sydney. “Nathan what woman that I have a crush on?”

“Mike…seriously.” Nathan laughed when he noticed that Vaughn did not know or pretended not to know what he was talking about. “I know there’s a woman ‘cause otherwise why would you be so eager to break up with Alice. And I have recently found out from Eric that there’s a woman at your office that you like. And if that wasn’t enough every single time we hang out and your phone rings you practically throw yourself at it. It’s not like you try to hide it. And if the flowers were for your mom, you would simple had said that and not ‘for a person’ so that leaves us to that this must be someone else…someone you like…perhaps?”

“The reason why I ‘throw’ myself at the phone as you call it is ‘cause my work is very important to me.”

“I never said your work wasn’t important and another thing could you explain something ‘cause there’s one thing I don’t understand here if you wanted to keep this woman as a secret then why ask for help with something that would easily reveal that you’re interested in a woman?”

“Well firstly as you already have figured out yes the flowers are for someone I like and I’m gonna kill Eric for slipping that information to you. Secondly why I asked you for help and by that revealing it was because I can’t give her the flowers myself since I don’t want them to traced back to me.”

“Why is that? Don’t you want this woman to know you’re the one sending her roses?” Nathan continued to ask and Vaughn did not actually know how to answer his question so he decided to tell the truth.

“I’m actually not allowed…to have a relationship with her ‘cause she’s my co-worker and it’s against CIA rules.” Vaughn said in a low voice.

“Oh…then I was right? The calls weren’t work related.” Nathan said and now he finally understood why Vaughn could not have the woman he had fallen for. “Okay where do you want me to send them to and what do you want it to strand on the card?”

Vaughn began to explain what kind of delivery he wanted and what it should stand on the card to Sydney. But most important he told him to pay cash so the credit card could not be traced and also that he should send them Francie’s restaurant in her name so no one would know Sydney had roses delivered to her.

Nathan had listened to every word Vaughn had said and had written it all down a piece of paper. But there was something Nathan just had to know right now since it sounded like Vaughn really liked this Sydney.

“Okay I just have one question. You know this little massage that’s suppose to stand on the card to Sydney, some of the things you said could only mean one thing in my mind. Have you slept with this chick and is she hot?”

“Nathan firstly she’s not a chick. No wondering that you don’t have a girlfriend if you call all women chicks all the time. And secondly that’s non of your business if I have or haven’t and would you please get your mind out of the gutter.” Vaughn said to him angry.

“That was low man…very low. I can’t help that I’m not a half European and the girls fall in line for me everywhere I go twenty-four seven. And if you wouldn’t be so much of a workaholic or if you weren’t to busy thinking about someone else you would see that they actually do. Now that said let me rephrase is Sydney the woman you obviously have slept with…I bet it was very nice, is she hot and can you tell me about her?” Nathan asked as Weiss walked into the room and pointed at his watch to indicate that Vaughn should finish his conversation.

“I really don’t have the time now I have a plane to catch but I’ll talk to you later…and don’t forget to do this now.”

“Don’t worry she’ll have this within the day…but you owe me info on this woman.”

“Yes I’m very aware of that I’ll see you.” Vaughn said and hung up the phone before he walked over to Eric who still stood by the door. “Did you tell Nat about Syd?” Vaughn asked and Weiss knew he was I trouble. He had not meant to say anything to Nathan but he had a certain ability to say something he shouldn’t say sometimes especially when he was drunk. Now was definitely one of those times he had not said her name what he could remember since he had been completely drunk at the time or why she and Vaughn couldn’t have a relationship but it was bad anyway.

“Mike I only told him you like someone at work that you couldn’t have that’s all. I didn’t tell him anything more than that. Besides we really need to get on that plane.”

As Sydney walked out of the room and closed the door behind her she knew Eric would start asking Vaughn questions as soon as she was out of sight. She had noticed that he had noticed the difference in hers and Vaughn’s behaviors and even Eric could figure it out what was going on. She only hope Vaughn would not tell too much or Eric would force too much information out of him about their date.

She walked away from the CIA field station and over to luggage boxes and even though she did not want to leave, the sooner she got back to LA the sooner she could be able to see him again and that was all that mattered. Just seeing him especially alone was all she wanted right now and she hoped she somehow was going to find something useful to occupied her mind during the long flight she had ahead of her and hopefully there was a very attractive man apart of it.

When she had picked up her luggage from the box she headed to the check-in line and after a few minuets of waiting in line she finally checked in before she went towards her gate. Most of the people had already boarded the plane when she got there and not long after she sat in the comfortable seat on her way to Paris, where she for the rest of the flight had looked out of the window and thought about Vaughn.

When she later landed in Paris, she hurried over to the other plane and was one of the last ones to board. The stewardess pointed her to her seat and when she saw it she discovered she had to ask the young man sitting right next to her seat to stand up so she could reach hers.

She tapped the man on his shoulder and he immediately moved his attention from today’s New Your Times to look at her. As he did she had directly thought he was a good-looking guy or as Francie would have put it he was one of these to good-looking for his own good kind of a guy.

He watched her for a few seconds and she saw his eyes travel all over her body before he stood up and let her get to her place. She squeezed herself over to her seat in the little space between him and seats before them and she could still feel his eyes on her.

She sat down in the chair and she continued to feel his eyes on her. It was not the first time a guy had sat starring at her during a flight and if they had started to hit on her she had every time turned down the guy politely by saying she was not interested. But this time she had another excuse she could use just incase that happened.

“So are you going to LA on business?” The young man asked her in French and he was without a doubt flirting with her.

“I have a boyfriend.” Sydney answered in English to make the man stop hitting on her and he probably would have said something but now he just looked at her completely shocked. “You probably wonder how I knew you spoke English?” She asked and the man nodded. “You’re reading the New York Times so I knew you spoke English and even thought you‘re very good in French you can easily notice that you’re not from France judging by the accent.”

“You’re very good at this and of course why wouldn’t a beautiful woman as yourself not have a boyfriend.” The man answered and then he grabbed the newspaper again since he understood she was not interested in him.

She was glad he had stopped talking to her but than all of a sudden it hit her. She had said that she had a boyfriend. She had said that Vaughn was her boyfriend. She did not think she would get the chance to give Vaughn that kind of a title anytime soon or as a matter a fact at all. But now she had and just the thought put a smile on her face. How could she get that lucky to have Michael Vaughn as her boyfriend?

For the rest of the flight neither the man sitting right next to her or anyone else made an attempt to talk to her. She was left alone with her thoughts of how she got that lucky and the events of the day, which was enough thought to keep her occupied for days. But after a few hours and somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean she finally fell asleep and she one again had a very nice dream about a certain French man. The only difference this time was the dream was more close to the real thing then it had been the other times.

Will had just started to whip a table when a deliveryman in his forties entered the restaurant. He looked around and soon he noticed Will. He moved the huge flower arrangement in his hands and himself over to the table where Will stood.

“Excuse me sir do you work here?” The deliveryman asked as he reached the table. “I have a delivery to a…” The man looked down at his papers. “Francine Calfo to this address.”

“Yeah sure, wait here and I’ll go get her.” Will answered and he quickly starred at the flowers the man was holding before he headed towards the kitchen.

Will had never in his entire life seen a bigger flower arrangement then the one the deliveryman was holding. He was a little shocked that Francie had received a flower delivery and by the look of it he was certain that it was a personal one. The only question was who it was that had sent them to her.

When he reached the kitchen door he opened it and after a few seconds of searching in the kitchen that was full of people he found Francie standing by a cauldron tasting a sauce she had just made.
He walked over to her and tapped her on the shoulder to get her attention.

“Yeah Will, what is it?” Francie asked as she added a little more spices to the sauce.

“You got a delivery out in the restaurant and trust me you want to take this.”

“I have? Why do I have a devilry though the front door?” She asked as she followed Will out of the kitchen and into the restaurant. As soon as she did she immediately understood why Will had come and fetched her. She walked up to the deliveryman and a large flower arrangement.

“Francine Calfo?” The man asked and looked at her. She nodded since her breath had caught in her throat by the sight of the flowers. “Sign here.” The man continued as he showed her were to sign on the paper before she put her signature on the line and handed it back to him as he handed her the arrangement. “Thanks ma’am have a nice day.”

“You too.” She said back before he walked out of the restaurant as she laid down the flowers on the table and began searching for a card to it and it did not take long before she soon found it. She grabbed it and opened the little envelope. Then she began reading the card but just after reading the first word an enormous grin appeared on her face.

“What is it? Who’s it from?” Will asked and looked intensely at Francie as she continued to read it.

“Read the card.” She said and handed the card to Will that as soon as he was finished with it he knew he in the nearest days would have a very nice conversation with Sydney’s handler. “Looks like someone has a lot of explaining to do when she comes back from France.” She continued in a happy tone but Will did not share it. Sydney had said they would only have dinner but something told him that message on the card meant something completely different. If it tuned out that Vaughn had taken advantage of her he would pay. “Will what is it?”

“You know before when I called Syd to tell her we were going to watch a movie tonight and we probably wouldn’t be back before she got back…I kind of interrupted her date with Michael.”

“What?” She asked completely shocked she could not believe Will had not told her Sydney was on date when he had called her. “William Tippin are you telling me that you have known for…” She began and looked at her watch before she continued. “Over three hours that Syd has been on a date with a guy she has the huge crush on?” She asked and he nodded a yes. “Why haven’t you told me anything about this? Okay start at the beginning and tell me every single word she said and don’t leave anything out.”

“Well there’s nothing to tell I just informed her we weren’t gonna be there when she got back and she just said that they were having dinner. I promise that’s all she said. But I’m sure when she get back she’ll gladly inform you on every single detail of her date.” Will said and he truly hoped there would not be much for Sydney to tell since a little part of him still hoped he had a chance with her.

“Trust me I will…” Francie answered like it was the most obvious thing in the world. “She will not get a way with this…I mean does she know how lucky she is. I wish I had a guy just gave me one dozen red roses and somewhere near as romantic as that one. But she’s so spoiled I mean this card is like one of these Hollywood romantic comedies kind of card and how many dozen roses do you think this is? Seven, eight do you think that’s enough?” She continued and Will was about to replay when someone from the kitchen caught Francie’s attention.

“Francie?” A waiter called for her. “Could you come for a while? There is a problem inhere.”

“Sure I’ll be right there.” She said before she looked back at Will. “Would it be alright if we took that movie another time so I can squeeze Syd on info.”

“Yeah that’s okay and I’ll put this in the office so you can take them home with you leave.” Will assured her and she rushed to the kitchen as he carried the flowers to the small office in the restaurant.

When her plane landed in LA she hurriedly got off it and when she had went through all the presages at the airport she finally went to the underground parking garage and to her car. After placing her luggage in the backseat she jumped into the car and drove out of the garage and up on the highway towards downtown LA and the Credit Dolphin building.

Even though she did not look forward to go to SD-6 or see Sloane, she wanted to get to there as fast as she could to drop off the fake gyroscope so she later could hurry home and just wait for Vaughn give her a call. She parked her car in the garage and took the elevator to the SD-6 floor where she went through the scan and into the office.

They were almost no one left at SD-6 this late and as she walked over to Marshall’s office she saw Sark working at his desk and Sloane sitting inside his. She stopped for a few seconds and looked from afar at the man she hated the most in the world. If it was not for him her situation with Vaughn had been a lot different and if it had not been for him she maybe would not have experience that many horrible thing over the last eight years of her life.

She continued her way to Marshall’s office and she did not bother to knock on the door since she was sure Marshall would not hear it anyway. He had his music headphones on and she could see him moving his head in the rhythm of the music. Once she stood right next to him she tapped him on his shoulder, which he was totally unprepared for and it caused him to jump at least a foot off the floor as he let out a small ah in the process.

“Hi. Sorry I didn’t mean to scare you?” She apologized when he had turned around to look at the person who had scared him but as soon as he saw Sydney smiling at him he immediately relaxed.

“It’s okay Syd it was only you.” Marshall said and took a deep breath to cam himself. “Nice to see you…are you here to drop of the gyroscope?”

“Yes here.” Sydney answered and handed the fake gyroscope to him, which he took and he was just about to say something when he was interrupted by Arvin Sloane who chose to walked into the room that exact moment.

“Sydney…welcome back.” He said and when she turned around to look at him he smiled on his face as he made his way over to her and Marshall.

“Thank you Sir.” She said back as politely as she could and she put on her best pokerface to prevent herself from making her despise against him known. She had hoped she would not have to talk to him today but she should have known she would not be that lucky.

“Marshall I think that needs to get to analysis.” Sloane said and pointed to the gyroscope he was still holding in his hands.

“Yeah.” Marshall said and nodded as both Sydney and Sloane looked at him. “Oh you mean right now.” He asked and at this Sloane nodded a yes. “Okay than I’ll better go and give them this.” Marshall continued before he ran out of the room and left Sydney and Sloane standing in the room.

Sloane studied her for a few seconds, which made her concentrate even more on her poker face after she found out who he really was she had always tried to stay as fare away from him as she could. It despised her that she had to be so nice to him when she knew exactly how cruel and heartless he was.

“So did everything go alright with the mission getting back home?”

“Yes of course the mission went very well and home too. Why are you asking?” She tried to answer as calm as she could but she did not like that he had without any reason at all just suddenly asked her a personal question. If he had asked he a few days ago she would not have reacted this much but now she had a reason why she should be really careful and if she think that he was acting strangely in the least than she had to be even more careful.

“Not any particular reason…I just wanted to know if there were some things that didn’t go as planed?”

“No not what I can think of the mission went right as planed.”

“Good, then I think you earned a good night sleep and I’ll see you tomorrow. Good night.”

“Thank you, good night.”

From afar Sark watched them with interest as both of them made their way out of Marshall’s office and Sloane headed back to his office as she walked out to the corridor towards the elevator. When he could no longer see her he got up from his desk and grabbed the envelope placed in one of the desk drawers. He walked up to Sloane’s office where knocked on the glass door and Sloane waved his hand to tell him to enter.

Sark opened the door and took the few steps over to Sloane’s desk before he handed over the envelope to him. Sloane opened it and examined the five pieces of paper that were inside. He first looked at the four photographs and then read the information on the fifth. He looked up at Sark for a moment before he looked back at the photographs.

“Exactly who knows about this, more than you and me?” Sloane asked Sark after a while of thinking.

“The man that took the pictures sir. I was the one who looked up the man on the photographs. What actions do you want to take in this matter?” Sark asked him and Sloane looked back at the photograph once again and studied them carefully.

What Sloane saw in the images made him fell to different emotions. Firstly he felt a little proud of himself that he had been right when he suspected Sydney for not having her loyalties with SD-6. This information showed those loyalties was instead with CIA and he was not surprised that was the case she probably wanted her revenge for Danny’s death so she went to someone who wanted to bring down him, SD-6 and the Alliance as much as she wanted.

But secondly he was glad of what he saw on these photographs. It seemed as if Sydney had moved on from her fiancé’s death and finally found someone to love again. On the photographs she was trapped in a young CIA officer’s embrace and she was kissing him passionately outside the airport in Nice. He had always cared about Sydney and it had not been an easy decision to order Danny executed but it was necessary it had to be done. But now it was not because he wanted to spare Sydney the pain of watching another lover die that was the reason why he did not wanted neither Sydney nor this agent Vaughn to me killed. The reason why he wanted both of them still alive was something completely different.

“Nothing I don’t want anything to be done. I have suspected that agent Bristow has been a double agent for months so this doesn’t come as a surprise.”

“With a do respect sir why are you not reporting or take actions against agent Bristow if there’s proof of that she knows a CIA officer and if I may say this to me it looks like they have a really intimate relationship.”

“Mr. Sark I can’t explain it now but at some point I will and then you understand why I didn’t take any actions against this.”

To Be Continued

Adddicts list:
#1 Sydney L Bristow

I know it's been awhile since last time but hopefully there will be an update this weekend in the meantime a spoiler.

"Okay hold on a second...OH MY GOD...Sydney Bristow are you telling me what I think you're telling me?" Francie asked and covered her mouth with her hand. "You slept with a guy on the first date? …I’m completely shocked. I have no other place to be tonight honey so just spill before I get a heart attack."

Here's the new chapter I hope that you will like it and welcome texasalias2004, AliasBub and MH55995

Chapter 9
- Interrogation part 2 -

After Sydney parked her car on the driveway, she grabbed her luggage from the back seat before she locked the car and made her way over to the front door. She was just about to put the key in the lock, when the door flew open and Francie grabbed her arm and pulled her inside the apartment.

Sydney looked at her strangely, she thought no one was suppose to be home right now since Will had told her they were going to watch a movie that night. But now Francie stood there just looking at her with a serious expression and if she did not know any better she would have guessed that she was in big trouble.

"What's the matter? And what are you doing here? I thought you and Will were supposed to watch a movie tonight." Sydney asked as she put her things down on the floor in the foyer.

"Yeah I know...but we had to change the plan since you decided to have a date Michael." Francie said matter-of-factly and Sydney knew she indeed was in big trouble, since the cross-examination was just about to begin.

"Did Will tell you?"

"Not exactly." Francie answered shaking her head. "This afternoon I got a flower delivery to the restaurant in my name. But when I opened the card it was addressed to you. So I dragged it out of him that you had been on a date with Michael when he had called you." She continued as she grabbed Sydney's arm and started to drag her towards her bedroom. That Francie knew that she had been on a date with Vaughn explained why she had looked at her the way she did and why she was at the house instead of being with Will.

As they were coming closer to Sydney’s room she was getting more and more exited to see what kind of flowers Vaughn had sent her and what he had written on the card especially since Francie was acting this way about it. They stopped at the door opening and as soon as Sydney looked inside the room she understood why Francie acted the way she did. Her heart stopped as her eyes locked on the table in the room, or rather what is on it.

She made her way over to the table as Francie still stood at the door opening and watched her closely. Since Sydney had her eyes fixed on the table Francie did not see the large smile on Sydney’s face right now or the tears forming in her eyes. On the table did dark red long-stemmed roses make a large beautiful flower arrangement and Sydney grabbed the card attached to it and she took a deep breath before she opened it.

Sydney
I really hope you will like these flowers. I sent them to you so they would help me express what I feel for you. There're no words in any of the languages of this earth that could thank you enough and explain exactly how amazing, incredible and unforgettable this night was that I had the honor of spending with you. You have no idea in how many different ways you just made my life so much better. You truly are an amazing woman in so many ways, I hope you know that.
Your guardian angel

Tears began roll down her cheeks as she read it and she quickly wiped them away with the back of her hand before she stepped closer and inhaled the fragrance from the roses. She could not believe Vaughn had gone through all the trouble just to give her this. He had probably contacted someone here in LA to give her the delivery both because he was in France and to minimizing the risk either he or her to be linked to the order, which made sense if it was delivered in Francie's name.

He truly was the sweetest man alive and he had definitely surprised her. She had never before in her entire life received an arrangement as large as this one. At the top she had been given one single flower or a small bouquet before a date and maybe one or two dozen for a year anniversary. But Vaughn gave her more then that for just a first date he definitely knew how to knock a woman's feet off and make her feel special.

"Sydney..." Francie said after a long moment and now she stood right next to Sydney. "I demand to hear every single detail about the date and Michael." She continued with a grin. "Since I had to have something to occupied myself with so l didn't become a nervewrack before you got back...I counted them and I’m happy to inform you that there are exactly one hundred roses.”

More tears made their way down Sydney's checks, which she also wiped away with her hand as her face had the biggest smile Francie ever seen. Francie was glad that Sydney was happy again and she could not remember seeing Sydney this happy not even with Danny and that was why she was so eager to hear who Michaels was. Sydney brought her nose to smell the flowers one more time and she did not know how she possibly could come up with something that would ever repay him for this gift. But also to tell him how much the dinner had meant to her too.

"So...Are you gonna say something 'cause I’m dying here."

"Well...after we were finished with our meetings for the bank, he walked up to me and all of a sudden he asked me out and I was totally surprised. At first l didn't want to go for all l knew he had a girlfriend but the way he asked me made me change my mind so I accept the invitation. Then he took me to this small romantic restaurant and in the beginning it was completely awkward we didn't know what we were supposed to talk about. But after awhile and ordering wine we began with work and then moved though friends and family. Then during desert Will called and totally destroyed the conversation and asked about Vaughn and I tried to answer them as well as I could without him understand that we were talking about."

"Vaughn?"

"Yeah that’s Michael's last name and everyone calls him that." Sydney answered and Francie nodded to make her continue the story. “Well after I hung up the phone it took a while to get back to where we were but we started to talk about pets and sports before the owner of the restaurant totally interrupted us when Vaughn said that we should play pool some time but it wasn’t that bad that the owner interrupted us ‘cause all of a sudden he offered us a key to one of the inn's room on the second floor in the building."

After those words left Sydney’s mouth Francie eyes widened in shock as her jaw literally was on the floor. Every single human being would easily put two and two together and pretty fast come to the conclusion of what might have happened after that.

"Okay hold on a second...OH MY GOD...Sydney Bristow are you telling me what I think you're telling me?" Francie asked and covered her mouth with her hand. "You slept with a guy on the first date? …I’m completely shocked. I have no other place to be tonight honey so just spill before I get a heart attack." Francie continued and she was growing more and more shocked by the second.

"After he explained that he broke up with his girlfriend and convincing me to check out the room we got there. We began kissing before one thing lead to another and...well I don't think I need to say more then that. Then after a while we had to go to the airport so we didn't miss our flights and here I am."

"Okay the most obvious question...was it good?"

"Vaughn he's sweet, kind and a real gentleman both in and outside of bed so...well...it was totally hot, tender and the best sex of my life. Yes of course it was good and if you have to know a lot better than I expected.”

"So when am I gonna meet this mystery man of yours?"

"I don't know? Soon I hope." Sydney said and looked down at the floor sadly since it probably would not be very soon. Sydney knew Francie really wanted to meet Vaughn probably just to see if he was good enough for her, which she of course would not take to long to see. Then she also as always would give Vaughn a little warning not to hurt her and since Sydney found it very hard to believe that Vaughn would ever do that Francie had nothing to worry about.

"Okay if I can't meet him yet…tell me about him, what is he like? Seriously I want to know everything about him."

"Well as you already know he and I have worked together for almost one and a half year. He is
half-French and half-American, speaks both languages fluently and he has lived most of his life in US.” Sydney answered and looked once again at the roses and she still could not understand that what she had done to deserve this. "He’s 31 years old his birthday is on November 27th. He is tall about six-foot and has short sand-light brown hair sometimes it’s kind of blondish. He also has he most amazing, beautiful piercing green eyes I have ever seen." Sydney said while grinning like a fool before she continued. “He both sexy and handsome, but yet cute. He loves sports especially hockey, which he plays a lot and that results in muscular well shaped body. He's protective and caring and he has been there so many time for me when I needed his help that I can't even remember them and that one thing I really like about him. He cares so mush about me that he helps me in every way he can. By other words he's simply just wonderful. I have never met a man that has ever treated me like this before. Not even Danny, which is a terrible thing to say." Sydney finished as now unhappy tears started to form in her eyes and make their way down her cheeks.

"Honey...com'er." Francie said and wrapped her arm around Sydney's shoulder as they moved to sit down on the bed.

"It feels like I'm betraying his memory, by dating and having these kinds of feelings for a guy so soon after his death. I was going to marry him and now I'm telling you that I have found a man that's better than him."

"Syd, it has been almost twenty mounts since Danny died and he would have wanted you to be happy. I don't think he thought that you would stay single for the rest of your life. Besides you had sex with Noah a half year after his death and you didn't think you betrayed his memory then so why do it now."

"Noah doesn't count." Sydney answered distinctly and he did not. She had had this kind of felling after being with Noah especially when he had asked her to run away with him. But even though she considered and probably would have followed with him, if she had not found out who he really was. It was not because she thought she would start a life with him it was because he could help her to find her mother and she knew Noah would never take Danny's place of being the love of her life.

Vaughn on the other hand was completely different he was a lot more serious and the reason why she reacted the way she did was because he might one-day take over that place that once Danny had.

"Okay but you still had what ever it was that you two had."

"Yeah I know but…"

"No buts, Syd. I understand that you feel that way, but you can't let Danny stop you from the thing that you have with Michael. The way you talk about him, the way you describe him, he sounds like a really good catch and an amazing guy. You seem to really care about him…and as your best friend, therefore I should know you the best and even though I have never met this guy, so I might be completely and totally wrong here so don't kill me. It sounds like this guy might be the one." Francie said and that did not make the situation any better it only made it worse. "Syd…does he know about Danny and if…have you guys talked about it."

"Yeah he knows about him but I think that if we would talk about it Vaughn would only say how sorry he is and he would feel bad about it and I don't want that." Sydney answered and whipped away more tears from her eyes. Then Francie was about to say something when the phone interrupted her. "Hello." Sydney answered hurriedly before it rang again. She knew she had sounded not like herself when she answered since her crying had affected her voice and she just hoped that if it would be him on the other end of the line he would not notice it. But somehow she knew that was too much to hope for.

"Joey's pizza?" His familiar voice indeed asked on the other end.

"Sorry wrong number." Sydney answered and hung up before she after a few seconds started her cover story to get out of the house without Francie getting to suspicious. "Oh no..." She continued and took a fast look at her watch. "Oh my god Francie. I just remembered I was supposed to send some papers from work that can't wait until tomorrow. How could I be so stupid? Do you mind if I just rush to the office and send them? I’ll be back in an hour or so and we can continue than." Sydney said and jumped up from the bed.

"No it's okay if you have to go, you have to go. But are you sure you're okay." Francie asked and
Sydney gave her a smile and a nod. "Okay well since I have to up early in the morning I should probably go to bed now so I guess we have to talk about it tomorrow instead. 'Cause I really want to hear more about him." She continued as both of them walked out of Sydney's room and Francie stopped outside of hers.

"Yeah I promise we’ll talk more. Night and sweet dreams on you."

"Yeah, you too. But I don't think you will have anything else, if they are about what I think they are about." Francie said with a grin on her face.

"Yeah, you're right they are." Sydney said back smiling and grabbed her purse and the gyroscope from her suitcase before she rushed out of the door.

Vaughn sat patiently on the desk in the warehouse and just waited for Sydney to get there so he would be able see her, hold her and touch her again. It had been a long flight back to Los Angels and during the entire time she had been on his mind constantly. He could not stop thinking about her and in his strong need to see her as fast as he could he had already been on his way to the warehouse when he called her.

He knew it would take a while before she got there therefore he had had plenty of time to get even more nervous then he already was. It was wired he had never felt this way about a woman before no one except Sydney had made him act like a teenager in his adult life. But of course there were many things about her that caused him to react this way.

Mostly it was just anxiousness to see her again but also the fact that she had not sounded like herself on the phone. Probable it was just something he made up but he had to know for sure. More minutes past and Vaughn looked at his watch for like the millionth time in the last half an hour. It was then he heard the door to the warehouse open and hurried but yet soft steps getting closer and closer to where he was sitting.

His eyes were fixed at the opening in the chain link fence and as soon as he saw her stand there he got up from the desk as she rushed into his waiting arms. He hugged her as tightly as she hugged him back as he buried his face in the crock of her neck and pulled her closer to him. She was still wearing the same clothes as the last time they saw each other but he had decided to wear his black leatherjacket instead.

He felt her play with the hair in the nape of his neck and he lifted his head from her shoulder to look at her. He looked into her eyes with the same intense gaze as her eyes had. She ran her fingertips over his chin and lips before he grabbed her hand and placed a few kisses in her palm.
He then looked into her eyes again and leaned down his head towards hers until their lips met. They kissed with a large passion and the love and tenderness from Vaughn replaced all the guilt she felt towards Danny.

"Hi." Sydney said after they had to break apart from lack of oxygen.

"Hi yourself." Vaughn said back with a smile only he could make and tightened his grip on her waist before he kissed her again and continued. "Everything all right?"

She knew he meant if she was okay since their phone conversation obviously had his hyper sensitive abilities noticed her mood. She did not want to worry him about her past relationship with Danny right now or she did not want him to hold back just to give her space when they were building their relationship. She just wanted it to be normal that they were only looking forward on the future that lied ahead of them and not backwards on the large sorrow of their past.

"Yeah why wouldn't it, I'm here with you now."

"Well I just...I don't know you sounded a little down on the phone." He said and looked at her with a worried face expression. He knew she easily could fool him into believing it was nothing wrong when the truth was that something was indeed bothering her. It did not matter how serious or not serious at all the thing was he just wanted to know what it was right now. He wanted to help her in every why he could no matter if she just needed someone to listen or talk to or if she actually needed his help with something.

"Vaughn it's nothing seriously...I just missed you."

"I missed you too Syd." He said and kissed her on her forehead. "But are you sure that's all?"

“I’m positive I just wished I could go on a mission with you again just so that I can spend some time with you." She said and grabbed the collar of his leather jacket before she pressed her body against his. He leaned down once again to meet her lips and after a few seconds his left hand had moved to fingering with her hair and his right to travel to her waist as her hands had found their way inside his jacket and was now wrapped around his back.

After a few more seconds they broke apart again for air and rested their foreheads against the others. Vaughn then kissed her nose, which was something no one else she dated had ever done before and she found it very cute. She smiled at him with dimples and all, which caused him to do the same and soon both of them were grinning like fools. She began fingering with his collar again as she continued to grin.

"Vaughn can I just give you a little piece of advice. Wear this leather jacket more often."

"Agent Bristow I didn't know leather turned you on." He said back playfully and raised an eyebrow before she wet her lips, took one step closer to him and leaned up to him so her lips were at his left ear.

"It's not the leather itself that turns me on it's the guy who wears it." She whispered into his ear before she kissed him on the cheek. He felt a shill run down his spine and he had to force himself to remain controlled. She was an expert in making him do things he normally would not do and he just hoped that she would only use her little tricks in the warehouse and not bring them to the debriefing room. Because then it was not very likely that he would ever see the sunlight the next day if Jack Bristow happened to be in that room at the time. "So did Eric ask many questions after I left at the airport?"

"Just a few…it wasn't too bad actually. It could have been a lot worse especially since it was
Eric." He answered with a laugh before he continued. "Have you talked to Francie yet?"

"Yes I have. She actually canceled the movie with Will just to do so. And before I forget it…thank you for the flowers and the card."

"You’re welcome, did you like them?”

“No I didn’t like you flowers or your card…I loved them…every single one of the hundred roses and each single word of the card.” She answered and gave him a short kiss. Before he even had the time to ask her how she knew there was exactly one hundred she answered it. "Francie counted them before I got back and informed me. I must say you definitely know how to make a woman feel special. First sending me that many roses and on top of that write the most amazing thing anyone has ever written to me."

"I wanted you to know that I had a great time and that it meant the world to me."

“It meant the world to me too.” She said and tightened the grip she had on him as she laid her head to rest on his shoulder. He kissed her forehead as he let his finger once again run though her soft brown hair before he buried his nose in her hair to inhale her special scent. She snuggled closer to him as she moved her head closer to his neck and placed a kiss there.

After a few more kisses on his neck he moved to capture her lips with his and the passion was slowly building when they were interrupted by his cell phone. He gave her a quick kiss and an apologizing look before he answered the phone without bothering to look at the id. He wondered if it was Eric who was calling just to check up on them and if that was the case he would regret it.

“Vaughn.” He said to the person on the other end of the line as he looked at Sydney with a smile on his lips and stocked her left cheek with his fingers. But very soon that smile disappeared as the woman on the other end identified herself. He did not say much for a long time while he just listen to her and he had definitely not expected to receive a call from her. “Yeah that’s okay I should be at home then.” He suddenly said and Sydney stood beside him and wondered what was going on since he did not seem to enjoy the call very much. “Okay I’ll see you tomorrow then.” He ended the call before he hung up and replaced the phone in his jacket pocket.

“Is everything alright?” She asked when the curiosity got the best of her and it might be something he did not want to talk about but then she at least had tried to find out what is what that bothered him.

“Syd that was Alice and I might not need to tell you this but I want you to know it anyway. She just wanted to pick up some stuff from my place that she had forgotten so she called to ask if I was home.” He said and he hoped that she would be okay with it. She had to admit she did not like that Alice was going to spend time with her boyfriend and as soon as Vaughn had mentioned the name Alice Sydney felt a bang of jealousy. It was not that she did not trust Vaughn or that she did not trust him with Alice. No it was more like she did not trust Alice with him.

“You right you didn’t have to tell me that but I appreciated that you did.” She said and cast a quick glance on her watch and it was getting really late now. “And I should probably get going anyway.” She said and gave him a kiss on the lips and she was about to take one step backwards when Vaughn kissed her again to just keep her a little while longer in his arms.

“Yeah you’re right but I’m gonna miss you though. Good night Syd and stay safe.”

TBC

Adddicts list:
#1 Sydney L Bristow

Back