Love will conquer it all

Great chapter! I'm glad that Syd and Vaughn didn't get caught by Jack! That would have been terrible! And Syd and Vaughn really need to be careful and hide their feelings and relationship! Or a little better than they are at least!

Great chapter!

Megan

that was a fantastic chapter!!
i loved it! i hope that syd and vaughn are able to keep their relationship a screate from Jack and still be safe and stay together!! i think that they are completely in the with each other!
Irina is very perceptive when it comes to vaughn and syd's relationship and shes right in thinking that they need to be more careful in hiding their relationship at work otherwise jsck WILL have Vaughn fierd!!
thank for the PM
cant wait o fone out what happens next!
PLEASE update soon :P

Loved it!!
She had a Hickey!!
That is so high school!
And her MOM caught her!
Priceless!!
Great update!
Thanks for the pM!

Because of that I'm in a completely awesome mood at the moment becuse of the hockey game last night (check my sign if you don't know what I'm talking about) I'm gonna give you guys a little spoiler for the next chapter which is almost done so I hope that there'll be an update in a few days.

“What...are you telling me that you both got a hickey and almost had sex in a supply store at your office? And here I thought that the banking business was boring!..."

Okay I know it was a while ago I promised an update I totally understand if you want to kill me for not updating. But I have been so busy with school and when I have a week off from school I have to work. I really love my life no free time at all here.
The only thing that has been good the past week was hockey gold in Turin. Killar ni är så gryma och mycket bättre än Finlad. But here's the update hope you like it.

Chapter 13
- Changing opinion -

Eric Weiss only paid half attention to his job in front of the computer. He had looked at his watch for at least ten times in the last half an hour and still Vaughn was nowhere in sight. He knew that Vaughn was up to something and he knew Vaughn would be in the same place as Sydney because Vaughn would not skip a chance to see Sydney privately between four eyes or more likely two tongues. Eric just hoped that since they had got together they would not become reckless and take more chances to see each other. He had got a little worried when he saw Jack Bristow looking through the Rotunda the second time in less than five minuets and he hope that whatever Vaughn and Sydney were doing they would not come across Bristow senior.

It pasted another ten minuets until he finally saw Vaughn walking towards him and he let out a sight of relief that his buddy came back in one piece. Vaughn sat down on his chair and went back to his report but did not say a word. He had a little smile on his face and with a closer look Weiss noticed that Vaughn’s tie hung a little different than the last time he had seen him.

“Well…both you and I know that you didn’t exactly went to get a cup of coffee so you guys didn’t do anything stupid right? ‘Cause Jack looked like he was looking for someone before.”

“Well he wasn’t looking for me then ‘cause I haven’t seen him since the debriefing.”

“I think that’s a good thing ‘cause your tie would have given you away otherwise.” Weiss said and Vaughn immediately looked down on his tie and hurriedly fixed it. “I take it by the look of that tie that you guys got some really hot kissing going on?” Weiss continued and Vaughn smiled at the images flashing in front of his eyes and he quickly looked down at the desk to not let Eric see his face expression. But it did not matter if he continued to look down at the desk or if he looked straight into Eric’s eyes. He knew the answer anyway. “There was more than kissing?” Weiss asked alarmed and Vaughn looked extremely guilty. “Mike…have you completely lost your mind…in the office…you had…in the office!”

“Apparently both you and Syd believes that I have lost my mind but no we didn’t do it…if who ever it was who hadn’t walked pass the door than most likely yes…we would have but we didn’t get that far. My pants were on the entire time so you don’t have to worry.”

“Well that’s a relief I mean I don’t want to find out that you got fired because you had hot wild office sex with Syd.”

“I’m going to pretend that I didn’t hear that and just so you know this conversation is over.” Vaughn said and returned to his report on the mission in Nice as he was writing before the meeting and his little but very nice rendezvous with Syd.

About fifteen minutes later he saw Sydney returning to the Rotunda and she went straight in the direction of Vaughn’s desk. When he saw her heading his way he tried to make Eric go away for a little while to get a cup of coffee or even a donut, which he definitely did not need, but he did not move an inch. As Sydney stopped beside Vaughn’s desk Vaughn gave Eric a look which was very close to ‘go away now or else’ but he looked quickly at Sydney with a smile before he looked back at Vaughn who had turned a little more resolute and finally Eric gave in and stood up.

“Fine…just stay away from the desk or chair or whatever?” He said and both of them watched him head for the cafeteria then Sydney turned to Vaughn and looked for an explanation to what he had said.

“Trust me you don’t want to know…” Vaughn answered shaking his head. “But is there a reason why you wanted to talk to me…did something happen? You where gone pretty long.”

“Yeah I guess you could say that. Mine and my mother’s discussion about if there’s a hickey or not on my neck took a little longer than expected.” She answered and pulled away the hair that covered the hickey.

“Well I have to agree with her it’s definitely a hickey.” He said with a large grin and she could hear that he was very proud of putting the hickey here.

“Oh you think it’s sexy don’t you?”

“Sure hell I do I’m very proud of my accomplish.”

“Yeah well than this little new piece of information will whip that grin of your face…the person who walked by the door was no other than my dad looking for me.” She said and she was right that it would make Vaughn’s grin disappear. He quickly remembered the first time he met Jack Bristow and how he was held at gun point and that was not a moment he whished to repeat ever again. When he had been in the store it had never crossed his mind that it was Jack who walked pass the door and quite frankly he did not think that if Jack had opened that door he would definitely not be alive right now. “So for mostly your but also for my sake I don’t think we should continue this…in the office not for now at least.”

“Totally agree I wouldn’t want to die prematurely.”

“Good…well I should get to my report before Kendall walks over starts and complaining. But I’ll see you.” She said and went over to her desk and began to write her own repost on Nice. During the time she was there she noticed a few times when Vaughn would throw her a glance and she would look back and flashed him a smile which he would return and he usually got a comment on it from Eric about their ‘high school flirting’ but Vaughn would totally ignore him.

When she was finished with her report she sent it to Kendall and logged out of her computer. Before she left the Rotunda she flashed Vaughn a last smile for the day and he of course returned it.

“Hey Syd, you’re right on time I was just finishing up with the dinner and Will’s in the living room I think.” Francie said from the kitchen as soon as Sydney entered the apartment.

“Hey…it smells great.” Sydney said back as she took a deep breath and could smell the wonderful smell of Francie’s lasagna. She took off her coat and hung it in the hall and then walked into the living room there she saw Will standing right next to the stereo looking through the CD records. She went over to him and stopped right beside him. “Hi…I heard you talked to Vaughn today.”

“Oh that’s just great the guy came running to you on the first opportunity he had to make me look bad and since he couldn’t defend his action he had to ask you to do if for him.” Will said angrily and Sydney mood changed directly after his words. Vaughn definitely did not need to defend his actions but Will definitely needed to stop what ever it was that he was doing.

“No but you obviously took the first opportunity you got to offend him. Will I told you last night that if you blame this on Vaughn I will take his side. Besides can you tell me what exactly do you have against him?”

“Oh so that you two are together and that risk you life isn’t enough reason for me not to like him? I’m sorry if I’m causing you two troubles but I’m only trying to keep one of my best friends alive here.”

“Will I have been apart of this life a lot longer then you have I’m also a grown woman and can decide who I date and don’t. I respect your opinion and I’m glad that you tell me as a friend what you think but don’t for one second try to stop me from being happy. All I’m saying is don’t do this again or you’ll regret it.”

It felt like it was the millionth time they had this conversation about Vaughn and each time it ended the same way. No matter how many times they talked about it they would reach the same result. Will was not going to accept Vaughn putting her in danger and even though he knew that she was a grown woman who was very capable of making her own decisions he did not think that she did the right one in this case. Will thought that she was blinded by her feelings for Vaughn to make the right decision.

After a little time to think about it he was going to have to accept that she was with Vaughn now and the truth was that his chance to have that with her had never really existed. He would have no problem at all to know they were dating if they did it like normal couples do. But their relationship was complicated and for just meeting it was dangerous, so for as long as their relationship threatened her life he was going to be against it.

“Let me ask you something: Do you want Vaughn, your dad, Francie, even me to be put though having to go to your funeral because SD-6 found out about you and Vaughn? Do you think that your life is worth the prize for this relationship, or do you think Vaughn would think it’s worth it? Sydney I want nothing more than for you to be happy but is it really a hundred percent happiness? Are you two really happy when you have to sneak with your feelings?”

“Guys, the food is ready.” Francie called out from the kitchen and Will walked away form her before she had the chance to respond. She could not ask for more than Vaughn he was the reason she went up in the morning and he had been that for a long time now. She would not need anyone except him. He was always there when she needed someone and protected her. She trusted him completely with everything she had. She needed him to be there or else she would be lost. But since she needed him so badly she was afraid it would take its prize. With Vaughn she was finally happy again and would not stop seeing him for nothing. Sure she could be more happy if their lives were normal and not threatened twenty-four seven and she knew that she would not forgive herself if something happened to him and he would not forgive himself if something happened to her. But he knew that danger and if he did not think that it would be safe he would not let them see each other. So Will had nothing to worry about.

She followed him to the kitchen and sat down at the table. During the delicious dinner Sydney and Will did not speak one single word and Will did not even look at Sydney in the eyes once. When they finished eating and Will got up from his chair and walked over to the sink with his dishes before he returned to the table.

“Well ladies I’ll see you two tomorrow ‘cause I got to go now…I have to get up early tomorrow. But the food was great as usually.”

“Thanks Will and we’ll see you, bye.” Francie said as he walked out of the room.

“Yeah bye Francie.” Will said back before he closes the door but he did not say good bye to Sydney and she knew that that was meant to hurt her. She sighed and got up from her chair too and carried the dishes over to the sink. Francie followed her and looked at her closely.

“Syd…” Francie said after a couple of seconds silence by the sink. “What’s going on between you and Will…you guys are acting all weird?”

“He’s jealous because that I’m seeing Vaughn…I don’t blame him for being jealous he likes me more then I like him and when this guy comes along he has every right to be that. I just hope that he will come around some time and accept it.”

“Ah honey com’ere.” Francie said and embraced her into a comforting hug. “I hope he does, maybe if he met Michael he could see that you really like him and he’ll probable just wants to scare him a little to see if he’s good enough for you.” Sydney had to laugh at this. Francie had no idea that that was to opposite to what Sydney wanted. Vaughn and Will had met enough to last a long period of time and she did not want Will to make it even worse. Will was doing a really good job at scaring away Vaughn though it was useless attempts.

“Yeah maybe you’re right and by the way isn’t that what you are planning on doing the first time that you meet Vaughn scare him away so that he won’t come back if he isn’t good enough for me?”

“Of course I will…which best friend wouldn’t? But I doubt that he isn’t, ‘cause from the way you described him he sounds like a real good catch.” Francie answered with a grin. “And since we already started on the topic tell me about the first meeting with him after the hotel room visit. ‘Cause I assume that you met him at work today?” Francie asked watching her for some juicy information but since Sydney immediately looked down at the floor trying to hide her smile, which most likely indicated that her meeting had been very delightful Francie had to know what happened. “What did you guys do? Syd tell me I want all the details.”

“After a meeting I was about to go to another part of the office to get some files faraway from my desk or people whatsoever. Before I got there I was attacked…literally and dragged into a supply store. We talked…we kissed…he touched me…he absolutely amazing…he was about to leave…I stopped him and…soon clothes where on the floor…but we didn’t get to the finish line we sort of got interrupted by someone walking down the corridor. But I did manage to get a hickey.”

“What...are you telling me that you both got a hickey and almost had sex in a supply store at your office? And here I thought that the banking business was boring! Do you even get something done at work when he’s there?”

“Actually I got things done today I wrote a whole report about our trip to France. And I went though two meetings without thinking about him to much.”

“Okay I believe you… but we sort off got interrupted the last time we talked about him so could to tell me a little bit more about him ‘cause I’m sure there’s a lot to say.”

“Well…er he’s a lonely child just like me. He was born in France but he has lived in Virginia too he got both his education and worked there for a while. His dad William died when he was nine and his mom lives here in LA so does his cousin. He’s a huge sports fan and he cheers on the King and the Mets. And…I really don’t know so much more than that except how it is to work with him…oh I almost forgot he sings in the shower sometimes.”

“Exactly how did you manage to find that out where you there and heard him?”

“No I asked him ‘cause I thought about him in a shower on our date so it was so save the situation.”

“Okay no wonder why you two ended up in a bed together then…well after that do I even what to know about what you thought about him the first time you saw him?”

“Well it wasn’t love at first sight I can tell you that…Danny had died three months before that and I wasn’t looking for somebody. But he was really nice to me and understanding and I thought that he was handsome and I liked his eyes and I still do.”

“Okay when did you know that you liked him then?”

“I don’t know it wasn’t one specific moment I can say that’s when I knew. I think it was something that grew from a strong friendship into a romantic one but I think that when he gave me the picture frame last Christmas that was a big step on the way to a crush and actually he was a little nervous that I wasn’t going to like it but that frame has been on my bedside table since then.”

“What? Michael was the mysterious colleague who gave you that frame?” Francie asked and Sydney nodded in answer. “Okay one last question you said that you guys can’t date normally ‘cause then you get fired. But how exactly do you date now?

“We keep it under the radar, which means supply stores…obviously…but also business trips. So right now I’m waiting for the next opportunity I have to leave the city or country.”

”How romantic. The newest version of Romeo and Juliet: Sydney and Michael they didn’t let their work stop them from seeing each other.” Francie said dramatically and Sydney started to laugh hysterically and at the same time grabbed the soap bottle and threatened to cover Francie in soap. “Hey take it easy with that.”

“Are you done crazy woman ‘cause I’m not gonna help you with the dishes if you continue like that.”

“Yes I’m done…I swear. I’m done.”

After they were done with the dishes and had put everything back on the shelves they decided to go to bed. Francie had to get to the restaurant tomorrow and Sydney remembered that she still had that paper to write for class. They said goodnight and headed to their bedrooms.

In the late evening Vaughn sat in his living room watching television with Donovan curled up beside him on the couch, when the door bell rang and Donovan immediately started to bark and jumped down from the couch before he ran to the foyer as fast as he could. Vaughn followed him and the door bell rang one more time before he reached the door. As suspected it was Alice on the other end and he opened the door wider to let her inside. She got greeted by Donovan a lot more welcomingly than Vaughn and she ran her hand over his fur and scratched his ear. Vaughn just stood looking at his dog and ex-girlfriend but did not say a word.

They had not seen each other since their break up and he was not exactly enjoying that he had to meet her like this. He still remembered her face as he told her that he did not want to continue seeing her. He wished that things had been different when he broke up with her so she would have do face both burying her father and losing her boyfriend in the same month and he felt horrible to cause her that pain.

But their relationship had not worked the first time and if he stayed together with her the second time it would not be fair to any of the parts involved. So what happen was best for all of them in the long run even though people got hurt.

“So how have you been?” He asked politely to break the silence between them.

“I’m good and it looks like you’re too.”

“Yes I am.” He said before an awkward silence fell over them once again. “Well maybe we should get your stuff.” He continued and they made their way into the living room. She looked around the house for things she had not seen before. She was sure that Vaughn had already moved on with ‘Rita’ since he had broken up with her so suddenly. She was sure that Rita had been the reason why they had broke up twice since Michael had not been able to explain to her why.

At first she thought that the reason was just because she did not trust him since she thought it was strange that as soon as he got a phone call from the office he had to rush away and that made her suspicious that he was having an affair. Michael was not that kind of a person who would cheat on his girlfriend he was nice, honest and loyal but still she had to be sure. She confronted him about it and it resulted in a huge fight.

He said that his work was very important and that it sometimes required changing plans for the night. He did not enjoy just dropping everything and rush to the office but he had to do it. He had also been very disappointed at her for believing that he had an affair, if she did not trust him then there was no point in continuing their relationship.

That was the reason for the first break up a few weeks after their fight they had went their separate ways. She still loved him after they had ended their relationship but it was not until then she understood what huge mistake she had done for not believing him. Therefore it took the chance she when she got it when she saw him at his friend’s Andy’s party. It seemed like he also had changed his mind and was willing to give them a second chance so it did not take much effort to get back together.

This time she tried to ignore that he rushed out of dates for example with work as an excuse. But when he got hospitalized for a virus infection ‘she’ was there. She had to admit that Rita was pretty and sweet from what she saw the quick conversation they had. But it was not until later when she met her at the bar she saw the way Rita looked at Michael and the way he looked at her. Everyone with eyes to see with could easily notice the connection between them it was hard to describe it exactly but there was no doubt that thee was something there. That’s how she knew that she was losing the battle of who had Michael’s heart.

In the living room she picked up some movies and CDs before she made her way to his bedroom where she picked up a few cloths items in his closet. Then they made their way back to the foyer. She stopped by the door and turned around to face him.

“Well I guess this is it then…I just wanted to say it was fun while it lasted. But I do have one question before I go.” Alice said and Vaughn prepared himself for the worst. “Did you have an affair with Rita?”

“No.” He answered truthfully. That he had feelings for and daydreaming about someone other than his girlfriend was usually a sign for a bad relationship and of course it depended on how you looked at it if you wanted to classify it as cheating. In someway he had since he had feelings for someone else but he had never made a move on Sydney until after he and Alice went their separate ways.

“I hope that Rita knows how lucky she is.”

“Alice I’m the lucky one.” He said and opened the door for her and she walked out of his house and out of his life hopefully for good.

TBC

aww that was SO great! i am really glad that he ended things with Alice it was for the best! and i think it was So sweet when he said
“Alice I’m the lucky one.”
they really are meant to be together!
thanks for the PM
update soon :D

Great Chapter...
Will needs to calm down, but Syd and Vaughn need to remeber that it is extremely dangerous for them to be seen together.
Thanks for the pm.

Back