Politics LOVE...

I Corinthians 13:1-13
1: If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

2: And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

3: If I give away all I have, and if I deliver my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

4: Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful;

5: it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;

6: it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right.

7: Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8: Love never ends; as for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.

9: For our knowledge is imperfect and our prophecy is imperfect;

10: but when the perfect comes, the imperfect will pass away.

11: When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

12: For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall understand fully, even as I have been fully understood.

13: So faith, hope, love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love

now i am not an overly religious person, but i have always liked this. number 7 is what love means to me.

i believe in friendship love. but i dont think i'll ever get married or be in romantic love unless i meet someone named "vaughn" who looks like michael vartan.

those were very ssweet. i think love can hurt so much you almost give up hope on it, but i'm confident (i have to or else i'll be extremely depressed) that all the pain will be worth in the end.

Some quotes on love (I was just going through an old notebook, and I wrote a bunch down)....

"Love is not found by looking into eachother's eyes, but by looking forward, together, in the same direction."- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"It's a strange thing we do, falling in love. You share your life with another person- you give them your heart to the extent that losing them could potentially destroy you."- Dawson's Creek (of all places)

"All our young lives we search for someone to love, someone who makes us complete. We choose partners and change partners as we dance to a song of heartbreak and hope, all the while wondering if somewhere, somehow, there might be someone who might just be searching for us."- the Wonder Years

"Love makes time pass. Time makes love pass."- anon.

Caro said:
i think love can hurt so much you almost give  up  hope on it,  but  i'm confident (i have to or  else i'll  be extremely depressed) that all  the  pain will be worth in the  end.
not to sound preachy... but i once felt the same way. had my heart broken...then went through my wild lets just date around phase....and now i have found my true love and we are getting married in december. have faith everyone, it will happen for you. when you least expect it.

'The course to true love never does run smooth....' - Shakespeare

I like what Mia Wallace (Pulp Fiction) says words to the effect of love is when you can be silent with someone and it not be akward or uncomfortable.

Love to me is about trust and compainionship.

Maggie- you don't believe in love?!?! Ok, we need to have a talk. lol. No, but seriously. Anyhoo- I have an obsession with love. I always enjoy watching other people in love, but do not feel it's possible for me. I hate how the image of love is tarnished by those stupid teenagers who think they're in love. I don't believe it's possible, to be honest. Such deep emotions can't be evoked from a guy you thought was hot who sits next to you in bio. Come ONNN! But anyway, I need to 'splain myself I think.
As some of you may know, I'm a Jen/Mike nut. Completely. I am head over heels in love- with their relationship. Sound weird? Yeah, thought so. Everyone of my friends wonders why the hell I'm so obsessed with the fact that they're dating, so I wrote a little essay about it to answer their question, because frankly, I didn't know why I was so obsessed either. So basically, I'll sum it up for you right now: AS a teenager, I don't believe it's possible for me to fall in love-yet. And there isn't much of a loving relationship between my parents, or anyone I know for that matter. So, I turned to Jen/Mike and also Syd/Vaughn, because let's just face it, they are prime examples of that wonderful thing called love. I feel that their coupledom sets an idea in my head of what real love should be like, and so I'm looking at pictures of them together, and I think they're the cutest. Basically, they are what comes to mind when I think of love, and I think it's too sweet not to believe in love after seeing them together. <~~~~Did any of that make sense? I'm sorry if it didn't, It's 11:00 here, and I only got three hours of sleep last night lol so yeah. Thanks for reading this potentially pointless post.

no tinkerbell, if what you are saying is true about not having good role models for loving relationships then it makes sense to me why you love MV/JG relationship. :D

i totally understood that, although there is love between my parents.
and there is the added thing that i'm kinda obsessed about mv and jg so them being together in my mind is perfect and i love them being together. so yeah. i guess you could say i love people being in love.

~steph :o_O:

i am a hopeless romantic. all i really want is someone that can take my breath away, makes my heart skip a beat, and makes me go weak in the knees. and when you kiss them, you can't breathe and your head is spinning and it's like nothing you've ever felt. and when you look into their eyes, you just melt. everytime you see them, you almost hyperventilate. that's love to me.

danny and i have been together for 3 1/2 years and i love him. but it's not that take my breath away kind of love. the kind i had with ben. okay, so it was unrequited love but still. (i loved him but he only liked me.) the first kiss ben and i shared was absolutely it for me. it took my breath away, made my heart skip a beat, my head was spinning... and i just fell for him.

i know ben's the one i'm supposed to be with. but i have a boyfriend and he has a girlfriend. and i will always be looking back with regret and wondering what if? because if ben and i had shared that night before he got with his girlfriend, who knows? i could have had that heart skips a beat, weak in the knees, head spinning kind of love with him.

Back