Season 5 Lovely catching up

V

verdantheart

“I See Dead People” begins with two of them, Nadia and Rene. As Sydney delivers the eulogy at Nadia's funeral, the autopsy is performed on Rene's body, during which a data chip is removed. At Nadia's funeral, Sydney comments on Sloane, asking “How could I have trusted him again?” She says, “I showed him compassion. I won't make that mistake again.”

Back with Prophet 5, Sloane is working on deciphering page 47. Peyton asks him about his progress and Sloane responds that it takes time—more if she keeps interrupting. However, he reaffirms his commitment to the completion of Rambaldi's works.

Marshall is examining the chip removed from Rene. He says that the code is incomplete and examines the markings on it, exclaiming, “Whoa!” They have news for Sydney.

Sydney is at home, trying to calm Isabelle, when the doorbell rings. It's Jack. He tells her that the name Andre Micheau, Vaughn's original name, was engraved on the chip. They will make a dead drop to Vaughn in Nepal. Jack has told those in APO that the agent in Nepal is simply someone who worked with Rene. Sydney insists on going on the mission personally.

Back with Prophet 5, Peyton asks Sloane to brief an agent before she leaves. As a woman who looks like Sydney enters, Peyton introduces Anna Espinosa.

In LA, Tom decodes a classified ad: “Contact made await response.” Rachel stops by Tom's desk, concerned that she didn't suspect Sloane. Tom reassures her. After Rachel leaves, Tom places his own classified ad.

Sloane preps Brispinosa for her mission, telling her about Sydney's daughter, Isabelle. Anna comments that Sydney's attachments are her vulnerability, but Sloane considers them her strength as well. He tells her, “Unlike you, I know my place in the big picture.” A vision of Nadia appears to Sloane, pointing out, “The truth is, you're no different than she is. You're dispensable too.”

Brispinosa arrives in Nepal and is met by a contact who tells her how anxious Vaughn is to see her. Anna, surprised, covers and quickly knocks out the contact, replacing him with an accomplice, who meets Sydney.

Back at APO, Marshall notices a clicking on the phone and becomes suspicious. He runs to see Jack, grabs his pen, and writes out a message. They meet in the garage. Marshall explains that Sloane somehow put the phone system in passive surveillance mode. Prophet 5 has heard everything they've said for the past 24 hours!

Sydney receives the urgent call from her father that she's been compromised. She orders Anna's accomplice to go around the approaching truck. The truck carries gunmen, who jump out. Sydney grabs the wheel, shooting, and their truck crashes. Brispinosa drops by the crash to pick up the chip. She comments that if she'd known that Rene were carrying valuable information, she would have cut it out herself. Then she drops a lit lighter on the gas leaking from the truck.

Brispinosa joins Vaughn and plays house, pretending to catch up on lost time. Meanwhile, Sydney crawls away from the burning hulk, barely escaping an explosion.

Back with Prophet 5, Sloane sends Peyton to fetch a Pinara manuscript. The vision of Nadia reappears, asking “How long do you think you can deceive them?” and “Why would Rambaldi choose you?” Finally, she tells Sloane that “I'm here because you want me here.”

Back in Nepal, Vaughn admits that he can't believe Rene's dead; she was the one who provided him so many leads to Prophet 5. He asks who killed her and Brispinosa tells him that Anna Espinosa did it. He asks how long the chip had been implanted and Anna replies about 30 years, since she was a kid. Vaughn has a flash of insight—there was a bike crash he didn't remember. He reveals a scar on his chest. As Anna prepares to cut the chip out of him, Vaughn says that he trusts her. Meanwhile, Sydney makes her way to the truck conveniently left behind by the gunmen she picked off. She calls her father and reveals that she's been doubled. Brispinosa and Vaughn reveal the second chip, bearing Rene's name, and snap them together.

In Zurich, Peyton picks up the Pinara manuscript at a book store. The owner places a call, saying “Someone is trying to contact you.”

Brispinosa and Vaughn look at the data from the chip: it's a German emergency evacuation plan, revealing the location of a bunker under a park in Hamburg. Vaughn insists that they go together. As Sydney arrives, their chopper is just leaving.

At APO, Jack breaks the news of Vaughn's survival—Marshall claims he knew it all along. He cautions that the news must stay between them.

In Hamburg, they decide that they must break into the bunker below ground, since it is all concrete above ground. Vaughn suggests the diamond store, using the same ruse they used in Cartagena. Brispinosa says she'll follow his lead.

Back with Prophet 5, Peyton arrives with the manuscript. Sloane admits that he's not as over losing a child as he thought he was. “I need to make peace with the past,” he says.

In Hamburg, Brispinosa feigns a fainting spell while trying on a ring and Vaughn pulls a gun. They demand access to the basement. As Vaughn goes downstairs, Anna knocks out the proprietor and calls for extraction. In the basement, Vaughn breaks through. He finds a key access pad, which he breaks into to get into the bunker. There he finds bulletin boards covered with pictures linked by string and piles of file folders. Brispinosa arrives, pulling her gun and saying, “I've got it from here.” She fires, but there are no bullets. Vaughn shows her the cartridge, telling her that there was no mission in Cartagena—plus, “You're a terrible kisser.” [Ahem, sorry to break the flow, but master spy Anna Espinosa can't kiss like Sydney Bristow, yet Flo Shmo disposo-spy can somehow manage to kiss like the legendary Irina Derevko? What universe did you say we're in? OK, let's continue ...] A scuffle ensues and just as Brispinosa is about to plug Vaughn, Sydney puts a bullet through her head.

Sloane, meanwhile, lights candles for Nadia, coincidentally leaving a dead drop for his associate . . . Sark.

In Hamburg, Sydney and Vaughn marvel over the Prophet 5 treasure trove. Anna's phone rings, and Sydney answers, pretending to be Anna. She reports to Peyton that Sydney is dead and that she has the chip that they found in Rene. She tells Vaughn to contact Jack, that she'll be going undercover as Anna.

Comments . . .

Nadia appears as Sloane's visible conscience (such as it is) to torment him as he puts Peyton off and plots his escape. Does this externalization mean that Sloane is attempting to separate his conscience from himself? Or is it that Nadia has represented a motivation that, conscience-like, has moved him toward a better path? She also puts a voice to his fears, that Rambaldi really didn't choose him, that was just his delusion, and that Prophet 5 will dispose of him once he has reached the end of his usefulness. However, Sloane has already made contingency plans. He isn't going to rely on Prophet 5's beneficence. No doubt he had laid any number of signaling devices out in the environment and in this case the manuscript proved ideal. The book store proprietor called Sark for a nearby dead drop in a church. How convenient.

Sydney, once again, kicks herself for trusting Sloane. And yet, she was more than willing to let him go to any lengths—even work against APO interests, if it meant helping Nadia (note how blasé she was about his possible continuing ties to Prophet 5 last week—at least until Nadia died).

Vaughn took a chance that Brispinosa, whom he already didn't trust, wouldn't take him out along with the chip. I guess that he counted on the chance that she would keep him around as insurance in case she needed additional information about the data on the chips. But considering that he didn't know much about the chips and Prophet 5 . . . and those things were implanted 30 years ago when they were kids . . . If I were Anna, I would have disposed of him right then and there when I had him at my mercy. But, hey, I'm not her.

On to the bunker and the Prophet 5 info trove. It's 30 years old! You'd think it would be mostly useful for historical purposes, as quickly as things change in this business. I mean, the Alliance, the Covenant, the Trust, Elena's cabal, all have come and gone over the course of the 5 preceding years. Of course, then, Rambaldi is still supposedly relevant after 500 years, so what do I know? But, never mind, there's probably names in there, and maybe it says what the heck the Horizon is! (And you thought I forgot about that.)

At last we hear a little more from the Cardinal front, as Tom receives word via classified ad that contact has been made. He places another ad. Is he working for Jack or for others? Is he working for others and does Jack suspect? At this glacial pace, perhaps we'll meet the Cardinal next season. Oh, wait, there won't be a next season!

Well, our fallen comrades look a little deader now, so I'll discuss the subject a little. Even though death in Alias is anything but certain and, for all I know, Nadia and Rene will both appear alive and rosy in the finale, I'll note that they killed off a character who was in a coma all season and another one who was new this season and mostly peripheral. Nadia, moreover, wasn't one of the more popular characters, more popular in retrospect than she was during her heyday—sadly, most young, active female supporters are accused by some fans of “trying to take Sydney's place.” I guess we can now add Anna Espinosa to the list now—a recurring character, even if a popular one. (RIP, Anna!) In the past, they killed Francie, whose storyline was going nowhere and whose ending had a strong emotional wallop; and Lauren, a character who was reviled by many if not most fans and had reached a natural dramatic conclusion (that is, if no one revives her from her cryogenic sleep—hey, if Vaughn can survive a riddling with bullets!). Before I feel that Alias is taking a risk on this series or feel shocked by a death, it would have to take out an “important” character or a beloved character—and it would have to have happened earlier on for me to feel that the series was “taking a risk” or “delivering a shock.” I think that by doing this, Alias might be trying to say, “now we are getting serious.” That's fine, but the thing is, things haven't really been serious on Alias and it's not telling me it's really committed now. Not as committed as, say, if it took out Marshall. Or Jack. Now, how would that make Sydney feel? Or us? I'm not saying deaths are necessary, I'm just trying to put it into perspective. The current string of deaths make it feel more like the series is coming to a close and they're closing out some of the character's stories with it.

Additional comments, May 15, 2006: Ah yes, something I forgot to add--and very important too! With the death of Sydney's duplicate, what happens to the page 47 prophecy? Now it is once again on Sydney's (or, perhaps, Irina's) shoulders to bring about the "fury." Well, perhaps Irina, now thinking Sydney dead, will be pretty furious, no?

Aw, and she said she didn't love Sydney . . .

Quibbles . . .

OK, this is what I was complaining about last year. And, yes, this is a quibble mostly about last year, but now they're telling me that Vaughn is more perceptive than Jack? Please. The guy who initially had no clue what motivated Sydney is more perceptive than Jack, who is able to see reasonably clearly even when it's about people he loves and even when it hurts. It's true that I believe that Vaughn ought to be able to tell Sydney from Anna by kissing her—I mean, it's silly that he wouldn't be able to. That's why I can't ever believe that I-can't-help-loving-my-evil-ex Jack can forget anything about Irina especially her kiss! Maybe they're trying to say they're getting it right this time. But why!—Ack!—remind me that they were so stupid by duplicating the situation?! Whatever. Trying . . . to forget . . . end of last season . . .

Wasn't everyone looking forward to a Bristow-on-Brispinosa knock-down-drag-out? How very disappointing! No, it was Brispinosa-Vaughn, with the usual Vaughn-in-peril results, too. Sydney to the rescue with a disappointingly abrupt take-out. Sigh. Will there be a Great Battle(tm) before the end of the series? Ooooh, Sark-Syd . . . that's probably too much to hope for, with Ms Garner a new mom and all. There are stunt doubles, you know, producers!

Um, they never took an x-ray of Vaughn that turned up the chip? Nothing with electro-magnetic fields? You'd think there'd be problems if he ever had an MRI. Not to mention that we didn't see the scar in previous (ag) shirtless scenes. Also, if Prophet 5 thought these kids were a problem, why did they wait until now to start worrying about offing them (as in Vaughn's case)? Did they not know who they were with the changed names and all? Wouldn't it have been easier to do it when they were kids instead of trained agents? Oh, yes, already griped about the doddering old age of the info that Vaughn uncovered.

Random thoughts . . .

“Those phones, they are a miracle.” Too bad, huh?

Vaughn is bested again—this time he has the excuse of having been wounded and out of play, though!

Sark is on the show! So we get to see him for, what, two seconds? Come on!!!! Have a heart.

Discuss . . .

Do you agree that Nadia is serving as an externalization of Sloane's conscience, or do you think it's more that he wants to have it both ways--have her and Rambaldi--and having her to give a voice to his conscience and fears is the price? Explain. Do you think that Sloane is right to be making escape plans?

Why did Sydney allow herself to trust Sloane again? Do you think she “won't make [the] mistake [of showing him compassion] again”? Why or why not?

Put yourself in Anna's shoes. Would you have killed Vaughn, then dug the chip out? Why or why not?

Tom is holding his own council with regard to the Cardinal. Do you think he is “with us” or “against us”? Either way you answer, do you think Jack is aware of what he's doing? (No spoilers, please.)

How does the death of Anna Espinosa/Sydney's double affect your interpretation of Rambaldi's page 47 prophecy?

In general, how do you feel about character deaths on a series? How do you think they should be handled? Should there be any at all? Should it “mean anything”? Do you think the penchant on Alias for “returning characters from the dead” has hurt or helped Alias? Explain.

Next:
Sydney beat her nemesis Anna in a final decision! Putting off Disneyland, she immediately goes undercover. Sloane: He wants to be the one who kills her? Who? Anna? Now, wouldn't that be ironic?

Changes:
2006/05/15: Additional comment about the page 47 prophecy and a question related to it.

Quibbles . . .

OK, this is what I was complaining about last year. And, yes, this is a quibble mostly about last year, but now they're telling me that Vaughn is more perceptive than Jack? Please. The guy who initially had no clue what motivated Sydney is more perceptive than Jack, who is able to see reasonably clearly even when it's about people he loves and even when it hurts. It's true that I believe that Vaughn ought to be able to tell Sydney from Anna by kissing her—I mean, it's silly that he wouldn't be able to. That's why I can't ever believe that I-can't-help-loving-my-evil-ex Jack can forget anything about Irina especially her kiss! Maybe they're trying to say they're getting it right this time. But why!—Ack!—remind me that they were so stupid by duplicating the situation?! Whatever. Trying . . . to forget . . . end of last season . . .

Wasn't everyone looking forward to a Bristow-on-Brispinosa knock-down-drag-out? How very disappointing! No, it was Brispinosa-Vaughn, with the usual Vaughn-in-peril results, too. Sydney to the rescue with a disappointingly abrupt take-out. Sigh. Will there be a Great Battle(tm) before the end of the series? Ooooh, Sark-Syd . . . that's probably too much to hope for, with Ms Garner a new mom and all. There are stunt doubles, you know, producers!

Um, they never took an x-ray of Vaughn that turned up the chip? Nothing with electro-magnetic fields? You'd think there'd be problems if he ever had an MRI. Not to mention that we didn't see the scar in previous (ag) shirtless scenes. Also, if Prophet 5 thought these kids were a problem, why did they wait until now to start worrying about offing them (as in Vaughn's case)? Did they not know who they were with the changed names and all? Wouldn't it have been easier to do it when they were kids instead of trained agents? Oh, yes, already griped about the doddering old age of the info that Vaughn uncovered.

i quoted it all b/c i agree with it all! :lol:
the whole vaughn/jack not noticing the kiss of their doubled love ones... eeeeeeeeeeh it bugs me
if vaughn didnt notice you could *kinda* maybe argue that he was just so damn glad to see her after a year + that he was just in the zone of OMG SYD! buuuut *sigh*

i was TOTALLY looking forward to real!syd vs anna!syd that woulda been wicked, and probaly with CGI not even that hard to do... whatev

and yea what's up with no one noticing the chip in vaughn before... what-ev-er

Do you agree that Nadia is serving as an externalization of Sloane's conscience, or do you think it's more that he wants to have it both ways--have her and Rambaldi--and having her to give a voice to his conscience and fears is the price? Explain. Do you think that Sloane is right to be making escape plans?
well, nadia as jimminy(sp?) cricket was rather annoying to me... mabye its rambaldi's way of haunting sloane hmmmm

Why did Sydney allow herself to trust Sloane again? Do you think she “won't make [the] mistake [of showing him compassion] again”? Why or why not?
i think she allowed herself to trust sloane again for nadia's sake
check nadia out - i mean, irina's her mother - shes perminantly AWOL and sloane is her daddy? (sorta kinda) cut the girl a break what a sh**y bunch of parents.... so syd was WANTING to trust sloane just so she'd hav some semblance of a parent and not be an orphan forever... whoops
i seiously hope that sydney wont hesitate to kill sloane you know ,the next time she sees him - he's gotten away far too much for being such and evil, evil litle man

Put yourself in Anna's shoes. Would you have killed Vaughn, then dug the chip out? Why or why not?
no, because what if vaughn was needed to decyper something on the chip that his father would have decoded in only a code he needed?
anna had no idea what was on the chip so killing him would have been premature, especailly if he was needed later on

Tom is holding his own council with regard to the Cardinal. Do you think he is “with us” or “against us”? Either way you answer, do you think Jack is aware of what he's doing? (No spoilers, please.)
i think he's against, being that the cardinal has prophet five written all over it
jack aware... hmmm i'm nto sure but i'm leaning towards no - i'd like jack to be at least aware of something, though, because he's been so freakin awesome this season

In general, how do you feel about character deaths on a series? How do you think they should be handled? Should there be any at all? Should it “mean anything”? Do you think the penchant on Alias for “returning characters from the dead” has hurt or helped Alias? Explain.
well, first alias on deaths mean nothing -its been 102 epsidoes and we've learned this long ago and, frankly, its getting kind of old - yet, at the same time - can we all just be thankful that they didnt' resurrect lauren reed? ;)

but seriously, at this point its kidna like 'why kill anyone at all, they're just going to come back?'
dont get me wrong, i'm THRILLED that vaughn is back because season 5 was definitly um SUCKING without him, but Commmmmmmmme oooooooooooon - syd (sorta kinda), irina, sloane, vaughn, anna (well they just *thought* she was dead) ENOUGH ALREADY oh and alison/francie... *sigh* let ppl R.I.P. from now on, mkay?

but i swear - this is purely speculation i assure you - the last scene is gonna have someone resurected and staring down meanacingly at sydney and vaughns' happy home i just know it *mutters*

i think he's against, being that the cardinal has prophet five written all over it
jack aware... hmmm i'm nto sure but i'm leaning towards no - i'd like jack to be at least aware of something,
Considering the disservice they did the character last season after doing him credit in season 2 ... all I have to say is it sure would be nice. Too much warm fluffies and in-the-backgrounds this season. But better that than "I don't know my own wife's kiss." :rolleyes:

but i swear - this is purely speculation i assure you - the last scene is gonna have someone resurected and staring down meanacingly at sydney and vaughns' happy home i just know it *mutters*
I don't think they're going to leave it "or are they?"/open-ended like that, but I don't blame you for feeling that way. After all, Abrams is known for liking to play with his audience. Probably too much. ;)
✌️

I think Nadia serving as Sloane's conscience is a neat trick, actually, not only thematically, but it gives him someone personal to bounce off - he can't really talk to Peyton, as she's effectively a stranger and about as warm as Iceland. I think he's lying to himself in many ways - trying to justify effectively killing Nadia by his faith in Rambaldi's endgame, when in truth he hates himself for what he did, and wants his daughter in his life. It's like 'Nadia' said, she's only there because he wants her to be there.

As for Sloane's 'escape plans', i'm not sure that's what he's up to. To me, contacting Sark means in truth, he's contacting Irina - and she's no longer with Prophet Five after stealing the Horizon. My guess? He's gonna do what he did with the Alliance, work with Sark (Irina?) to bring down Prophet Five and finish the work himself.

She began trusting Sloane because not only did he genuinely start to show signs of change, but because she also started understanding him better - learned about the pain Jacquelyn caused him, for instance - and saw how he was willing to forgoe Rambaldi for Nadia. The events in Sovogda went a long way towards this, when Sloane proved his loyalty it seemed by infact betraying Elena, and not APO - I can't blame Syd for beginning to trust him.

But she means it when she says she won't make the same mistake twice. Nadia's death will only revive all the anger Syd has for Sloane in regards to Danny, Francie, Diane Dixon, that she was prepared to bury for the sake of her sister and Sloane's redemption - and when she catches up with him, i'm betting she'll make pissed-off Anna Espinosa look like a furry puppy.

No, I think she did the right thing. What about if she'd have killed Vaughn, then discovered something on the chip had relevance only to him? Sure, killing him early on may mean Anna could still be alive, but she played the long game in terms of Vaughn and it could have paid off for her - thankfully, though, it backfired fatally.

I believe Tom is 'with us'. While I don't doubt for a second the Cardinal is connected with, or even perhaps runs Prophet Five, I don't think Tom is working for them - he wants revenge for his wife's murder. I think he's planning to kill the Cardinal first chance he gets.

I'm not sure whether Jack knows - i'm inclined to say no, but SpyDaddy can be pretty good with secrets, so...

It's a tricky question to answer, really. On the one hand, it could be argued that resurrection is something that's always been central to the mythology of the show, in parallel to how Rambaldi's work have been resurrected over the course of the series, making the deaths/comebacks quite a natural process.

In terms of storytelling and emotional investment, though, it's certainly been a hindrance. Character deaths should be sparing and mean something, be conclusive unless a character is just too good to stay dead. The writers couldn't resist one more return, though - I still believe Lauren would have come back, but the only reason she didn't is because most fans hated her. In fairness, though, a lot of this antipathy towards deaths/resurrections stems directly from how Irina has been handled, and that was largely something out of the writers control due to Lena Olin's long absence. If she'd have returned in S3, she wouldn't have been killed off a second time, then resurrected.

It's nice now, though, we're getting definative major character deaths that are watertight as the show ends - and i'm sure there'll be one or two more - and the next will be a man, since three women have now bit the dust.

Discuss . . .

I think he'd like to have it both ways, but he knows she's dead, so dealing with a figment and using it as a sounding board he internalizes his beliefs vs the devil's advocacy of Nadia crossing swords with those beliefs. His conscience--what there is left of it--tries to rationalize what he has done for the greater good, but Nadia won't have it his way.
Sloane planning an escape? You better believe it. I don't think Peyton is entirely convinced he's on the up and up either. She should keep a tight rein.

The one and only reason was Nadia, her sister. No, she won't make the mistake again. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if she doesn't take him out.

Absolutely! She's a trained killer without pity or otherwise. I think the writers should have added a few words to make her decide to keep him until she got what Prophet 5 wanted.

This is a puzzle and they've spent little time shoring up any of the puzzle with background other than the death of his wife. Not sure why they added this element into the story line UNLESS The Cardinal turns out to be Jack...he hired him even with the background noted in the personnel file.

It was a jaw-dropping event when Danny was killed! Mid-season two with Francie taken out. That was a shock, especially since Sloane ordered them both killed. These two deaths certainly propelled the story forward.
Next Sydney was supposedly killed and lost two years when she finally appeared, firing the story along as she searched for the lost years.
Lauren's death was a lock. Nobody liked her because she took Syd's place, but she sent Sydney looking for the safety deposit box.
Irina was killed by Jack! Oh was that an unpopular death. No matter how bad or maybe how driven Irina was, there was a connection between her and Jack that made them star-crossed lovers. The frenzy around her death was incredible. Ahhh, but then she turned up as a prisoner of Elena, her older sister having been tortured for information about another Rambaldi manuscript. Rescued she eventually kills Elena (Sonia Braga) and helps Sydney save the world.
Fifth and last season opens with Vaughn getting 'killed'. I don't know about you, but I knew he was alive. Of course, being Alias, he was easily transported out of the hospital to Nepal quick as a wink. However, it was a shock! Nadia is in a coma, but comes out only to be killed by her father (damn I hate that Sloane was her father...or was he?)
Renee Rienne was a character much in the same design as Irina, a killer and mercenary, but still wanting to know about her childhood and father. She's killed by Sydanna. It wasn't a shock, but I was beginning to like the woman.
So I do think that some of the deaths did help propel Alias. Besides the storylines take place within a secret organization within the CIA and whose sole duty is to protect the US and it's citizens while operating outside the lines of the law so-to-speak.
I have been an Alias fan from the git-go and will miss Sydney and friends as well as Jack and Irina no matter how things turn out. (n)

:cool:

OK a few comments

1. The thing about the kiss bothered me too. I know Syd and Vaughn have this great love and all, so he should know the difference between a kiss from anna and a kiss from Syd.......but Jack. I mean he was married to Irina for longer than Vaughn and Sydney have known eachother, actually i think they're still married (but thats not the point). and dispite everything you know he still loves her, and yur telling me he couldnt recognize that the woman he was kissing season four was not Irina. Thats pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. I do not think Sydney will cut Sloane any slack. She is going to go after him with everything she has. I mean he killed her sister, his own daughter. There is no forgiveness for that. I personally hope she kills him slowly and painfully. I want the b*stard to suffer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

I don't know about you, but I knew he was alive.
:rolleyes: :lol: Are you kidding? I've been saying he'd be back since he was riddled with bullets. I mean, the producers practically promised he'd come back alive ... as in "worst-kept secret."

But I'm glad if all the switcheroos haven't undermined the dramatic intensity for you--and, especially, if the second Irina "death" actually worked for you. :smiley:

BTW: I've added comments and a question about Anna's death and what that means for the prophesy--knew I was leaving something important out! :lol:
✌️

My interpretatin of page 47 has always been that Sydney kills Sloane.

YOu know the whole "rendering the greatest power to utter desolation" (or something to that extent)
yep that's always been my thinking.
You know with Rambaldi's mess in Sloane's hands, he is a very great power.

that's just me.

I think the reason the writers let Vaughn say "for the record, you are a terrible kisser" was IMO to keep the shippers happy ... since the only thing they would care about was that Vaughn would notice the difference in the kissing ... just because they as fans, have been shippers from the beginning ... they wouldn't understand if Vaughn didn't notice a difference ... and yes, it brings back to Jack and fake Irina ... but we weren't there from the beginning, so it would make sense to the fans that Jack had forgotton how she kissed ... if you know what I mean ...

Vaughn also said that "we were never in Cartagena" ... as a reason for him not to believe the "Sydney" he had in front of her ... but at the beginning when Sydspinosa is talking about Isabelle, she asks "do you like the name?" Vaughn says he picked the name since "you wanted to call her Clementina" ... which was never a name they discusses ... so I am pretty sure he already knew from the beginning that the Sydney he had in front of him, was not the real Sydney ...

Wasn't everyone looking forward to a Bristow-on-Brispinosa knock-down-drag-out? How very disappointing! No, it was Brispinosa-Vaughn, with the usual Vaughn-in-peril results, too. Sydney to the rescue with a disappointingly abrupt take-out. Sigh. Will there be a Great Battle™ before the end of the series? Ooooh, Sark-Syd . . . that's probably too much to hope for, with Ms Garner a new mom and all. There are stunt doubles, you know, producers!

The thing of it is that the story has to be resolved in a speedy matter ... and there wouldn't be enough episodes to do that ... so as the stpry goes ... they need to get everybody who is not needed, out of the picture ... ;)

I know ... I remember most of the shirtless scenes, and he never had a scar ... story wise they overlooked this part, but we know how the writers have been handling many issues ... so what can we do ...

I think the reason the writers let Vaughn say "for the record, you are a terrible kisser" was IMO to keep the shippers happy ... since the only thing they would care about was that Vaughn would notice the difference in the kissing ... just because they as fans, have been shippers from the beginning ... they wouldn't understand if Vaughn didn't notice a difference ... and yes, it brings back to Jack and fake Irina ... but we weren't there from the beginning, so it would make sense to the fans that Jack had forgotton how she kissed ... if you know what I mean ...
And yet they keep harping on how very special and unforgettable Irina must have been to fool Jack for 10 years . . . but he forgot. So that we can have the fun of having our cake (Irina's alive) and eating it too (Jack kills Irina). The problem is that I don't buy that Jack could forget oh-so-special Irina in a million years, let alone the couple since they last kissed. The writers were the ones who set up the unforgettable Irina proposition in the first place--it's one of the big deals in the series because it's the main reason why Jack's such a bastard; I'm not letting them slide on this (I let all these guys slide on little technical things all the time, I'm sure). You don't undermine a main story point to get a character back in or to work a fun plot wrinkle in. Oh, well. Enough on this, I'm sure you're tired of reading these gripes. Sorry. :P
✌️

Back