Lover and Author of Speculative Fiction

Hello, my name is Mikhaeyla and I love reading and writing <a href="About">speculative fiction</a>, particularly stories with a dark, sci-fi and dystopian bent. I love movies like the Fifth Element, Children of Men, Being John Malkovich, Donnie Darko, Sin City, A Scanner Darkly and Nightwatch. Favourite books include The Road, Perdido Street Station, Divided Kingdom, Brave New World, Number9Dream, Snow Crash and Wool. I'm currently writing my first novel, <a href="Bookstore">Elementals</a>, and am looking forward to joining the discussions here on the forum about all things sci-fi :smiley:

Mikhaeyla, welcome!

I love the list of movies & books you're into. Have you seen Dark City, with Kiefer Sutherland & Jennifer Connelly, yet?

Yes - great movie!! There is something about dark sci-fi that I am drawn to. I think that's why I'm fascinated by dystopian literature and keen to inject that same dark, brooding, hidden feel into the book I am writing...

Mikhaeyla,
A very good book to check out is "Swastika Night" by Katherine Burdekin (writing as Murray Constantine). It is an excellent novel written in 1937.
It certainly inspired my first novel.

Back