Ltb!! Lts!! Ltt!!

Okay so if we can evolve weaps, pets, trinkets, items, maybe even Wyr... how will these things be sold. Will there be a marketplace, central market board in towns, stores, or shopping channel of some sort??

Heaven forbid we have to listen to server wide shouts of: Looking to Trade, Looking to Sell and...

"LTB!! Braided Chestplate of Doom 80 Gold OBO!"

I'm thinking that they'll either have a person-to-person system, resulting in exactly what you said, or a market place, which I'd love. Or maybe there'll be wandering peddlers! The stuff sold to them will be sold by them, and they'll randomly wander from town to town!

Well, way to many other questions need to be answered before jumping straight into trade. It's kinda like rearranging the chairs on the titanic. But, personally I would like to see the bulk of it player based, instead of the usual "vendor it off" deal. AKA, if you get Breast Plate of Pie, then instead of selling it to some random food vendor, a Blacksmith player could break it down into materials, and use it, or sell it that way. Anything to stop the generic way of dumping useless items into money.

I am not sure where I saw it but I do know they were planning a central auction house but I am sure folks will congregate somewhere for a marketplace unless there is a trade channel.

Auction House. I mean it's the obvious choice for trading items, gear, wyr, whatever. It's too easy of a system for the game and the community. I just hope they have it on various levels.
Family, guild, faction, city, region, world levels of trade and storage.

If this game can put an end to groups of people running macros and just standing around shouting retarded "specials" that no one ever buys anyway, I'll do backflips.

I've not seen that in a lot of games. Mostly AO and WoW, but of course they had cool Auction House options. FFXI had a great one too, but folks still liked to advertise.

...but folks still liked to advertise.

Yes that's definately true.

Also along this line. I was wondering about the whole aspect of whether or not HJ will accomodate any sort of ingame business. Usually (my MMO conditioning showing) with the abiltiy to make/loot things to sell peeps start a business be it furniture, blacksmithing, potions, spells, hides etc.

I can't recall anything like that being a feature or if even that aspect is somehow been re-invisioned or completely excluded in favor of...??

Although I understand evolving items which is a great concept, I guess i'm still at a loss for understanding what will be driving the in game economy. You folks who've played Dragon Realms/Gemstone; how did those games work economy wise??

I gotta go readup some more interviews etc... and try to figure this out.

Although there were a lot of things wrong with Horizons, the one thing I LOVED was the way they had their auctions set up; roughly akin to WoW, you put the stuff on merchants and then let them do the work without shouting all the time. The perk over that system as opposed to WoW was each city had to be travelled to before you sold in it, so it tended to keep the lower economy in the starter areas, and the higher levels didn't tend to travel all over to newbie areas to rob newbies blind with overpriced items. Tended to keep the market flooding down because the market areas were not usually completely accessible to everyone and required a bit of effort if you wanted to sell rather than just parking a bot somewhere. Of course people did whinge it wasn't very simple, but if you can grind for hours on end just to get a level, what's a bit of running around to various cities?

Although the market place has to be well build otherwise no one will buy from it and use the WTS shout. I mean you cant only have a b/o option or only a auction type deal. A combination of both, although the system that I liked the most was SWG where there were private vendors everywhere. Kept the economy going until the ADK came out! Patch 19 i believe.

No, it was a market place for actual people. Traveling peddlers (actual characters) sat down in the market place and Put there good on a thing. It would display what they sold above their name when they sat down to sell.

No, it was a market place for actual people. Traveling peddlers (actual characters) sat down in the market place and Put there good on a thing. It would display what they sold above their name when they sat down to sell.

wait i lost you wut game u talking about who when wah sa ?>

Back