M*A*S*H*

GO Syd

Cadet
it is too bad they stopped the show as early as they did it was a great show, very funny! especially considering it was a low budget show

I like M*A*S*H very much, i remember the crazy doctor, Hawke Pearce, and the transvestite Sargent.

It´s of the best series of history.

clinger is the best, did ne1 see the reunion special? or who is the actor who plays the doctor who is always making the jokes (name slips my mind right now, and no not honeycutt the other one)

Trapper John? Hawkeye Pierce? Those two were the duo in the first three series. But I prefer Hawkeye and BJ. Henry was the incompetent CO/ great surgeon/swell guy who died in the episode "Abyssina Henry" (did I spell that right), at the end of Season 3 - the second best episode; the best episode was the series finale "Goodbye, Farewell and Amen."

I can't remember when, but I found this online quiz on the internet (for fun purposes of course) which tells which M*A*S*H character that I am most like. It said that I resemble Margaret Houlihan - who was better known as 'Hot Lips', until Season 5, when she became a more round character after her marriage to the jerk Lt. Colonel Donald Penobscott.

Like most people, Radar was the best company clerk in the series - even though Klinger eventually got a hang of it when Radar went Stateside after his Uncle Ed past away. I love both Radar and Klinger.

The only character that I hate is Major Frank Burns. I was a good thing that he went insane after Margaret's wedding (good riddance) - he was transfered stateside with a promotion to Lt. Colonel!!!!!

I prefer Potter to Henry, because he was a better CO.

Charles was very arrogant, but he was a WAY nicer second-in-command than Frank ever was; I don't think Frank ever had any true friends at the 4077th - Margaret dumped him in Season 4 the second she met her future-ex-husband Donald in Tokyo and was engaged shortly after. Margaret seemed to find a better man while she was engaged - but like Hawkeye and the others discovered in Season 5, Donald pulled a "Frank Burns" and was cheating on Margaret while she was working at the 4077th. I was just as happy as Margaret was when she got her divorce with alimony in the episode "Hot Lips Is Back In Town,"; that episode is my third favourite because of Radar's side storyline when he falls in LOVE - so desperately and the new nurse who he has so much in common with feels the same way. Gotta love Radar, so adorable - in a 'cute' sense.

The character Klinger is a trustworthy guy. I remember in one episode where Hawkeye and BJ's new polaroid camera - a gift from a patient's father - was stolen. Klinger tried desperately to find it and get it back for them. He found it and bought it back off the black market. Too bad Klinger got arrested. It was a part two episode. In part two Klinger was court martialed and Charles defended him. Luckily Hawkeye, BJ, and the 4077th found the real thief and cleared Klinger's name.

Got to love Klinger . . .

GO Syd said:
it is too bad they stopped the show as early as they did it was a great show, very funny! especially considering it was a low budget show
Yes . . . I would have liked it to go on forever. But it latested on air for 11 seasons. When I watched the Biography episode relating to M*A*S*H, the actors wanted out by season 10 because they had run out of story ideas by then . . . season 11 was short because the network (CBS) executives wanted them to put on another season.

Radar appeared in season 9 for the same reason in cameo roles except in the episode 'GoodBye Radar' when he goes back home to Ottumwa, Iowa . . . Gary Burghoff wanted to leave after season 8 . . . but they wanted Radar to have an appropriate send-off.

But the saddest, well acted send off on M*A*S*H was the one for Lt. Colonel Henry Blake.

But the kiss between Hawkeye and Margaret on the series finale's final scenes was legendary . . . then again who wouldn't want to kiss Hawkeye ?!?!?!?!

i recently saw the radar send off episode
btw did ne1 know hawk eye used to be on "ER" playing a doctor and he even refers in the show to being in the military in the 60s (to bad he doesnt mension the 40s)

Someone else who also adores M.A.S.H. here???
I'm addicted, I watch at least one episode a day.
I love the humor, the drama, the wonderfully weird characters.
Please join me!

How many seasons are out on DVD or Video in the USA? In Sweden i't only possible to buy s1 and s2, and I would like to spend my entire salary on buying ALL seasons!

I love M*A*S*H!!!! Here in the U.S. they show it on a Hallmark channel!!! I watch about 2 episodes a day!!! I love Hawkeye!!!!!!! :D :cool: :lol:

Back