Sci-Fi Mad Max: Fury Road

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
[MOVIE]Mad Max: Fury Road (tt1392190)[/MOVIE]Warner Brothers has released the first official trailer for the Mad Max reboot, Mad Max: Fury Road. Even though George Miller, who led the original three Mad Max movies, is back as the writer, director, and producer, this fourth installment starring Tom Hardy is a reboot of the franchise.

I'm not sure about this one. The original movies came out in 1979 with The Road Warrior coming in 1981 and Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome coming out in 1985. That means I was nine years old when the first movie came out so I literally spent for my formative years watching Mel Gibson play the character. Like other reboots I'm not sure I can see somebody else in the role.

The trailer looks good and, you guys/gals know me... I'll end up watching it. :D

Other than a few pieces here and there on cable, I don't think I've actually seen any of the MM films. Granted, I wasn't even 10 when the last one came out... :smiley:

I've never seen a Mad Max film either. Someone on my own site recommends them highly, especially Mad Max 2 so I might give them a viewing although he also said viewing them probably won't be essential as any back story for Fury Road.

I've never seen a Mad Max film either. Someone on my own site recommends them highly, especially Mad Max 2 so I might give them a viewing...
:banghead:
...although he also said viewing them probably won't be essential as any back story for Fury Road.
From what I understand, that is correct. Originally George Miller was looking at making Fury Road with Mel Gibson as 'Mad Mad #4' but, due to the passing of time & the less viability of Gibson as an action lead these days, Fury Road borrows a lot from the earlier films to act as a reboot of the franchise.

MV5BMTk4MjI4MTkxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTc2ODcyMjE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Mad Max: Fury Road (2015) - IMDb

An apocalyptic story set in the furthest reaches of our planet, in a stark desert landscape where humanity is broken, and almost everyone is crazed fighting for the necessities of life. Within this world exist two rebels on the run who just might be able to restore order. There's Max, a man of action and a man of few words, who seeks peace of mind following the loss of his wife and child in the aftermath of the chaos. And Furiosa, a woman of action and a woman who believes her path to survival may be achieved if she can make it across the desert back to her childhood homeland.

Wiki Page
Mad Max: Fury Road - Wikipedia

Facebook Page

Official Site
WarnerBros.com | Mad Max: Fury Road | Movies

Starring: Tom Hardy, Nicholas Hoult, and Charlize Theron
Written by: Nick Lathouris, Brendan McCarthy, and George Miller
Directed by: George Miller
Produced by: George Miller, Doug Mitchell, and P.J. Voeten
Distributor: Warner Bros. Pictures
Release Date: May 15, 2015​

Mad Max without Mel Gibson??? Tom Hardy might be an outstanding choice and I am curious where the Road Warrior story is going so I will most definately see this movie. With many advances in the movie industry since the 3rd installment, ThunderDome, this should be a treat of unique vehicles and effects. I just hope the acting is on par.

main.jpg

Mad Max without Mel Gibson???
I'm thinking the same but bear in mind the original movie came out in 1979; Mel Gibson might be getting a little.... mature... for the physical action hero movie like Mad Max.

I'm not a fan of remakes/reboots of relatively recent movies so my expectations aren't too high for this one but I'll watch it just to see how different, if at all, they went from the source material.

I've decided to watch the TS of this at PutLocker.
Its a bit dark and fuzzy still but its watchable.
http://www.{...}/file/FFAC2D6D08D7C5CB#
Mp4 at 501 MB

Its buffering now - I'll let ya know if it is any good.

For those wondering, no you don't need to see the first movies and Mad Max 2 or The Road Warrior is very close in story to Fury Road, which by and largely doesn't have a story.

Mad Max - Aussie cult classic, Max is one of the last highway cops battling the rising gangs and chaos.

Mad Max 2 - Society is gone, Max is in the outback searching for food and gas, and battling gangs.

Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome Society is gone, Max is in the outback battling Tina Turner. Feel free to give this one a miss as it creates some real problems when viewed prior to Fury Road