Maestro on her Alias return

Alias News

Official News Poster
From zap2it:

Maestro's Ready To End Her 'Alias' Coma
'Poseidon' star will be back on 'Alias,' but she won't say what'll happen next
By Daniel Fienberg

In keeping with the cast's multiyear vow of near-silence, it isn't surprising that Mia Maestro has very little to say about what surprises are in store for the waning days of "Alias," but she does her best.

"Yes, I'm back," Maestro begins haltingly. "I've been back five or six episodes this year and we just finished shooting. I've been in two already, but dead in a coma, but I was there. And then there's four more that I'm in."

Maestro's character Nadia Santos, daughter of on-again-off-again-on-again baddie Arvin Sloane (Ron Rifkin) and half-sister of everybody's favorite student-spy-turned-spy-mommy Sydney Bristow (Jennifer Garner), has, indeed, been in a coma for some time. Maestro hasn't exactly been pining away, booking work on a pair of remakes, ABC's "The Ten Commandments" and the upcoming summer feature "Poseidon."

Asked for specifics about the end of the "Alias" line, she's hesitant.

"I'm not gonna say anything."

Perhaps a different approach to the question might help. What were the last days on set like?

"It was great," she says. "We finished Tuesday (April 25) at 4 a.m. and it was very sad and it's gonna be greatly missed. Even though I haven't been back much in the last year, it was always nice to have in the back of my head that 'Alias' was still going. It's just gonna be sad. We're a very tight family there, the crew and cast."

And did the stunt work on "Poseidon" make it easier to get back to the "Alias" grind?

"I don't know if I have to do any stunts," she says coyly. "I can't say anything."

Will Nadia make a good aunt?

"I think so," she says quickly, again adding an obligatory, "I can't say anything."

One last burst of probing questions finally gets a bit more of a tease from the 27-year-old Argentinean actress.

"Nadia's going to be pretty surprising, what happens to her, pretty surprising, especially the next episode," she says, maybe or maybe not referring to this Wednesday's (May 3) show.

She closes her pitch, "So, um, yeah. It's a great finale. It's very nice because the producers decided to bring a lot of the old characters back, so we're kind of like all back."

"Poseidon" hits theaters on Friday, May 12. The series finale of "Alias" is set for Monday, May 22.

Back