MAJOR plothole or am I missing something?

if this has already been discussed before my apologies, but I recently bought Season 2 on DVD and noticed a pretty big plothole in episode one "the enemy walks in".

Dixon goes in to see Sloane about voicing his concerns of Sydney being a double agent.

Jack later goes in and explains Sydney's use of "Freelancer" as her callsign on the aqconcogua(sp) mission, but how does that explain Sydney's breaking in of the SD6 facility?

1) I'm sure Sloane knows of the breakin, and what was stolen.
2) Dixon told Sloane he spotted Sydney on a unsanctioned mission at a SD6 facility.
3) This would lend me to believe that Sloane would suspect Sydney of having stolen the second Rambaldi blank page... wouldn't it?

Maybe there's an explanation for this.. but it's really bugging the hell out of me!

yes but we know that at least a little bit before 'phase one' sloane did figure out that Jack & Syd were doubles so he may have known for quite some time

and also, if Dixon wasn't convinced with just the call sign, Sloane could have smoothed it over about the breaking in if he knew they were doubles.

When I first saw that episode I went postal on that same thought. First of all, why would Sloane have believed Jack that he had given Sydney a different call sign. But then I realized that the episode with the different call sign was right after Sydney had been taken into questioning by Sloane.

However on the business of breaking into the SD-6 bunker. Jack explained breaking into the bunker in order to release Will. He said that due to Sydney breaking in, she was able to destroy "the man's" labratory, and that due to this mission, they were able to get a better understanding of who "the man" is (Sydney's mother)

:redhair:

Right, Jack explained that he took Sydney on an off-book mission for SD-6 to attack the Man's organization--just as Sloane wanted to do all along. But he explained that he couldn't do this as an official SD-6 mission (I'd have to go back and look, but I believe it had to do with suspicions concerning Sydney and the Alliance's reservations regarding going to war with the Man). Plus he wanted to save Sydney's friend Will rather than sacrifice him and still protect SD-6, not an easy thing to swing, what with Sloane ready to ice him. ;)
✌️

Back