Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

Space Making Home a Safer Place

Discussion in 'Tech, Science, and Space' started by Robby, Jul 19, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Robby

    Robby The Robot

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2004
    Location:
    Terra
    NASA Picture Of The Day
    Making Home a Safer Place


    [​IMG]

    One day homeowners everywhere may be protected from deadly carbon monoxide fumes, thanks to a device invented at NASA's Langley Research Center. The device uses a new class of low-temperature oxidation catalysts to convert carbon monoxide to non-toxic carbon dioxide at room temperature and also removes formaldehyde from the air. The catalysts initially were developed for research involving carbon dioxide lasers. Image Credit: NASA (More at NASA Picture Of The Day)
     

Share This Page