Maroon

YA Vaughn FINALLY figured it out!!!!! :happydance:
-Now I just hope Jack doesn't get in the way so he can tell Syd!!!!
EEKK Can't wait for the next one!! Thanks for the pm!!!

Yay! Another update! I can't wait to read how the rest of the story plays out, but at the same time, I don't want it to end :(
I just love Vaughn and Syd in this fic!
who am I kidding, I love everything about this fic...:love:

Greatt updates! I'm happy Vaughn figured it out..but urgghh if Jack gets in the way again...!?

Off Topic : I read about you guys talking about Vienna...i just got back from there like last week! :smiley: I don't know any german though :P

Hello!

A new update.
Please enjoy and thanks for the sweet reviews.

Chapter 36 – Not man enough

Vaughn could hear a loud thud before someone cursed and limped to the door. With a sudden movement, the door yanked open and revealed an angry Jack Bristow, who looked like he wanted to kill the visitor who had disturbed him. But when he looked up and met the fierce green eyes of the man in front of him, he was left speechless.
Vaughn took this as his hint and stepped into the wide apartment without waiting for Jack to follow him.

“Surprised to see me, Jack?”

Not really believing his eyes, Jack closed the door before following the intruder. “I told them to arrest you.”

Without blinking, Vaughn answered: “I know”, before taking a fresh glass and pouring whiskey into it.

-----
“What are you doing? I want to see Agent Bristow.”
“Well, he told us to bring you in this wonderful and very cozy cell.”

-----

“And I may annotate that this wasn’t very polite of you” he added in a dangerous tone before gulping the whiskey down in one fluid motion. Grinning at Jack with much obvious pleasure, Vaughn sat down on the big couch.

“How did you escape?”

-----
“Director Devlin?”

“I will help you out of here. I can’t tell you the truth. This is Jack’s task.”

“Thank you.”

“Don’t thank me. You won’t after you have heard Jack’s story.”

-----

“That isn’t important” Vaughn replied quickly. His voice suddenly earnest and his eyes set on fire, he approached the older man slowly. “I want to know the truth.” Pausing shortly, he corrected himself: “No, I insist upon it.”

And that jolted Jack straight out of his trance.“You insist?”

“Yes, I do” Vaughn hissed, clearly not liking the tone of Jack’s voice.

A bitter laugh filled the air before the older man began to pace up and down the blood red carpet. No one would see the blood if he simply killed Vaughn, he thought, peeved. “You aren’t man enough to know the truth” Jack retorted icily. And it was the truth. Vaughn wouldn’t have the foresight and the grandness to let go of Sydney when learned the truth. The truth isn’t something for children.

“But I deserve it. You played with me and Sydney from the beginning. And don’t you dare abnegate this. I know it. Have you any idea how these...these dreams are destroying my life? They’re following me like demons.”

Observing Vaughn who held his head in hands, Jack’s greatest fears were affirmed. So they really had dreamed about each other. Damn it. “Which dreams?” he asked innocently, wanting Vaughn to tell him more. ‘Illusions or real memories’ was the question he asked himself.

“Don’t act like you have no idea what I’m talking about” Vaughn snapped hatefully, his eyes on fire. After a moment, he brought one hand up to pinch the bridge of his nose. The pain that sliced through his head was killing him, but now wasn’t the time to whimper out of pain. Sighing pensively, Vaughn decided to tell Jack the truth. “I’m haunted by memories I can’t even remember. And they’re destroying me slowly. I need to know what happened. I detected that I knew Laura Bristow – your wife. I knew Sydney when she was a baby, damn it, I even have a picture of us together.”

Spilling the two photos on the table to prove his story, Vaughn tried to decipher Jack’s expression. But the face of this man was a blank mask, betraying every emotion he felt.

Turning around, Jack took a few steps. He had told her to burn all of the photos. Everything that could be related to a past with Sydney should have been destroyed a long time ago. “How could Am do this?” he whispered silently. He didn’t notice that Vaughn was standing right behind him, listening to his mumbled words.

“Am?” Vaughn asked, surprised. So he hadn’t been wrong at all, he thought, relieved. Truth was on his side this time. They were playing a dangerous game, and he would make sure that Jack showed him all of his hidden cards. “So you knew my mother. And I have the feeling that you knew her better than many other people.”

And that had been it. Anger, pain and a slight trace of hysteria were the alternating emotions on Jack’s face. And suddenly he looked much older. The furrows deeper than before, the eyes hurt and betrayed. Punching his fist on the table in front of him, Jack whispered with a sharp voice: “You come here with a bunch of shallow accusations and two photos. That’s nothing.”

“Nothing? You did something. And that’s why you are trying to keep Sydney and me away from each other. Since we’ve known each other, you’ve intervened in and complicated our lives. Why do you hate me this much, Jack? What did I do to you?”

Turning to face Vaughn, Jack lost the rest of his temper and screamed angrily: “To me? You destroyed the life of my daughter!” Pacing up and down the carpet, he looked desperately at Vaughn. Bill’s son. The same green eyes. The same damn temper.

“Uncle Jack, will you play with me?”

Stopping his movements, Jack closed his eyes and remembered one of Amelié´s and Laura’s conversations. “Oh how they always swooned about you two. That you would be a pair someday. What a perfect scenario it would have been. Just shallow words that aren’t true. You have deceived and assaulted my little girl and just because I couldn’t kill you then doesn’t mean that I can’t do it now.” His voice coursed with anger as he struggled to keep his tone even and controlled. But he didn’t succeed. The last barriers were broken. This was the Jack no one else had seen.

“Yeah?” Cocking an eyebrow at the older man, Vaughn couldn’t believe his ears. “Try me Jack.” Before Jack could even blink, Vaughn had him pinned against the wall, his arm strangling him. “You won’t do anything before you’ve told me the whole story.”

It would have been easy for Jack to free himself from Vaughn’s hard grip. But seeing the fierce look in the boy’s eyes, Jack tried to convince him with a lame : “You will destroy each other.” But it wasn’t enough. Vaughn wanted closure and Jack was sure that he wouldn’t leave until he had his answers. Sighing deeply, Jack made a decision that could be the greatest mistake of his life.

“I see that you haven’t unlearnt the techniques of attack your father and I used to teach you. Adrenaline is the best drug, right?”

‘If someone hits you, then ignore the pain. Adrenaline is the best drug. You’ll just feel it when you want to feel it.’

This caught Vaughn off guard. Stumbling back, he sent Jack an unbelieving look.

“What do you know about my father?”

Massaging his neck, Jack felt an ounce of pride for the boy’s ability to fight. “We were best friends. There was a time when you even called me, ‘Uncle Jack’.”

That brought him a snort. “But why can’t I remember?”

“Because we repressed your memories.”

“You have brainwashed us?”

“No, you and Sydney are immune against brainwashing, but that is another story. The fact is that your memories are deeply rooted in your brain. We couldn’t erase them without harming you two. Am would have freaked out. So we decided to give you pills that repressed the memories.”

“Why?”

“Sit down. This is a long story.”

Running along the long corridor, Sydney cursed herself for choosing the high boots. Click. Clack. Click. Clack. Click. Clack. Coming to a halt. Looking around the corner. And running again. Her breathing uneven, her side hurting, her mind overactive. Running and fighting were the only two options left.

-----
“I’m sorry.”
The tipsy clubbing kid. Bright smile. Open heart. Open blouse.

“I’m so desperate.“”
A dramatical sigh. Leaning into the guard. Fingering his collar. Playing with her fake hair. Pouting her glossy lips.

“Would you....?”
Broad smile. Hoarse laughter. A daring wink. Her breasts nearly spilling out of her top.
Leg brushing against his manhood. Weight pressed against him until he could feel every contour of her firm body.

-----

The voices got louder. Following her. Pressing her hand against the fresh wound, she winced slightly in pain. But there was no time to rest. She must run and run and run. One step after the other. Breathe in. Breathe out. For Vaughn. For herself. For them both.
Shouting behind her. The sound of guns being loaded.
“Kill her.“

-----
She thought she had him.
Punch. Knee up.
It wasn’t planned that he would hold her punch and distort her arm.
Shrieking in pain. The voices of other guards. His breath hot in her neck.
“Bad luck.”
Guns pointing at her.

-----

The ground under her feet felt slippery. The old brick wall crumpling under her fingers. Her eyes watery.
Rounding one corner after the other. This was a damn labyrinth.
‘Wasn’t I here before?‘
But there was no time for questions. Not even for angst.
Click. Clack. Shouting. Click. Clack. Shooting.
Dodging behind a wall, Sydney closed her eyes and breathed in deeply.
Click.
And this time this wasn’t the sound of her shoes.
“We have her.“
Looking down, she could see the thin line of blood.
Her own blood had brought them to her. How ironic could life be?

-----
One short moment was all she had needed.
To begin the dance she had learned so perfectly a long time ago.
A choreography that was unique. Like her.
Kick, knee up, dodge, fist colliding, attack. Swift motions. Ragged breathing.
Born to fight.
Gun in her hand. One shot. Second shot.
Pain slicing through her body. Her shoulder throbbing.
But there was only one thing to do.
Run.

-----

Vaughn’s mind was a mess. Thoughts were swirling around his head, making him feel dizzy. Revelations, explanations, accusations. Hurtful, hopeful, barbarous. They had stolen so much. Not only years of his life, not only the love of his life, but they had stolen from him the chance to choose for himself. He had been just an xobject in a running operation. Breathing out, Vaughn pinched his nose before looking up again. Uncle Jack. How gruesome could life be? The man he hated most had been the closest friend of his father.

“I want to see this prophecy.”

Without answering him, Jack stood up and went to another room. Vaughn heard how he rummaged through some papers before he came back again. Handing Vaughn the requested piece of paper, his hope raised that this would end without his daughter being harmed.

Unfolding the old document, Vaughn gasped when he spotted the drawing next to the few lines. This was them. Without doubt. “This Man and this Woman here depicted shall be the Chosen Ones.” he recited aloud, but read the next few lines in silence. Shaking his head, he leaned back, trying to understand all of this.

“You know what you have to do now Michael. Stay away from Sydney.”

His hope raised when he saw Vaughn nodding slowly.

“Why? Because some freaking bastard from the 15th century told you this?”

And all of Jack’s hopes shattered.

“Don’t be cocky Michel. I knew you since you where a small baby, and damn myself but Rambaldi has been right. About everything. He knew what would happen and it was my fault that I couldn’t forestall it.”

“Then we really slept with each other?”

Nodding solemnly, Jack sat down in front of Vaughn. “You have two options, Michael. You can leave and never look back. Leave my girl and try to find happiness somewhere else. Or you will stay here and seal the demise of you both.”

He hadn’t expected Vaughn’s fiery look, the green nearly black.
He hadn’t expected the aimed punch in his face.
He hadn’t expected the knife that nearly sliced his throat.

“Where is she?” A dark demand. A hateful revenge. A bloody need.

“Don’t” Jack hissed, as he was in pain. But he couldn’t feel the blade pinching his skin. The sheer fact that the prophecy would be fulfilled could kill him hundred times. His little girl...

“Where is Sydney?” His voice an open threat, Vaughn didn’t hesitate tightening his grip on Jack’s neck. He wouldn’t recoil from taking contested measures.

Sometimes you have to act like someone else.
Sometimes you have to make hurtful decisions.
And sometimes, you even win when you are losing.

“In Warsaw. With Laura.”

tbc…

OOO that was awesome!!!!!
-I'm glad Vaughn knows the whole story now....but uggh stupid Jack lied to him!!!!
Can't wait for more!!!!!!! Update REAL soon!!!!!! :woot: :woot:
-Thanks for the pm!!!

AWESOME UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

VAUGHN FINALLY KNOWS AND NOW THINGS ARE GOING TO BE AWESOME ... IF ONLY SYDNEY'S ALRIGHT THAT IS... FINGERS CROSSED...BUT HOW DOES JACK KNOW WHERE SHE IS?

TOO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!

update soon :Please: and thankx for the pm

Thanks for the sweet reviews. :lovely: Hopefully you'll like this chapter too. I'm much more happier with this chappy then with the last one...so be prepared (a little wink to Vaughn).

A few important points for this chapter:

:love: The italics are flashbacks. In Sydney's case she has been questioned, now we see her after the questioning!
:love: In some cases the italics are inner thoughts, but I guess you know that by now.
:love: A part of this chapter was in the prologue. Remember "Harder to breathe"? Now you can read what the prologue was about.
:love: And the most important point: ENJOY!

Love, Danuta

Chapter 37 – Harder to breathe

Time was now foreign word for her. Seconds, minutes, hours, days – they were interwoven with each other.

“Tell me your name.”
“Who are you working for?”
“What do you want?”
“Who are you?”

The questions swirled around in Sydney‘s head. The urge to vomit was washing over her, like a wave pulling her violently into the sea.
The pain of her gunshot wound hadn’t eased a bit, instead the throbbing increased from second to second. Pain choking her. Lights blinding her. Hands grabbing, hurting her.

They had tethered her up like a wild animal. The chains and handcuffs prevented Sydney from moving even the slightest amount. There was no chance to escape, no chance to hope anymore. Vaughn didn’t knew that she was here...no one knew it. Regretting that she hadn’t told Weiss about her plan, Sydney felt a tear drop making its way down her pale cheek. She would die. This was it. This was her end. And who would have known that it would take place in a grungy warehouse in Warsaw with a few Russian bastards taunting her?

The interrogation began again. In different languages. Butwith the same meanings. And again, not one single word left her lips.

The first punch in her stomach left Sydney breathless for a minute. The second one – harder than before – made her lean forward and she vomited heavily until only dry coughs escaped her mouth.
Kneeling down in front of his victim, the boss of the group titled Sydney‘s chin up and caught her glance. Hard, suffering eyes. Smirking devilishly, he knew that it would be just a matter of time before Sydney broke. They all broke in his hands.

“You have a beautiful face, little lady“ he sighed playfully, his index finger running down her jaw to her neck line. She refused to flinch away from the touch, but her body tensed automatically. When his hands wandered lower and began to touch her breasts, Sydney spit into his face. Closing his eyes without losing his countenance, the man swiped off her saliva. His reply was hard. Slapping Sydney across her face, he whispered slowly: “What a pity that we have to destroy it.“
His words stung more than his slap. Feeling her cheek burning, Sydney observed how the man rounded a small desk and opened something that looked like the old toilet bag her father had used for his shaving things when she had been a child. It had been made of black leather, and with the time, the smooth surface got coarser and coarser- like her father.

Watching the man opening this bag with such obvious pleasure made Sydney‘s stomach turn at this sight. Extracting some kind of thin knife, she gulped hard, trying to keep her facade up. This wouldn’t end good.

“I’m sure you’ll share your voice with us soon.“ Grinning broadly, he approached her once again, the knife in his hands. Ready to be used.

She wanted to be strong. Vaughn would have wanted me to be strong.
She wanted to be brave. They all said that I am brave.
She couldn’t when the knife bored through her fresh wound. When the blood spilled on the floor and the pain captured her body.
Screams later, her hair matted against her head, lungs tired, breathing ragged, blood boiling, sweat trickling, she thought about giving in and up.

But before Sydney could say one word, a female voice with a strong Russian accent was slicing through the air.

“Mischa, stop right now.“

“But...“

“No but. She is my daughter.“

A day later:

“You did what?” Eric Weiss screamed into the phone, nearly choking on his muffin.

“I don’t have the time to explain. Please make sure that Jack is okay.” Making his way through the supermarket, Vaughn grabbed the most important things from the shelves while talking to his friend on his new mobile.

“You haven’t punched him unconscious and tied to his water pipe.”

-----
“You will kill you both. You are so stupid, Michael.”

“I’m in love.”

“That’s the same thing.”

-----

“Out of your mouth, that sounds so brutal.”

“It is.” Sighing deeply, Weiss walked into one of the spare rooms so none of his colleagues would get suspicious. “Vaughn, what have you done? Your job, your reputation is...”

“It’s not important!” Vaughn ended his sentence. Entering the toilet of the supermarket, he locked himself inside one of the stalls and began to undress. “I need to find Sydney. She’s in great danger.”

“Michael, I understand that you want to help her, but wouldn’t it be wiser to accept help from the CIA? They’ve been searching for Sydney since she fled from the safe house.”

“No! I don’t know who’s really on our side. Betrayal is everywhere, Eric.” He knew that Jack must have had allies who had helped him. Not even the great Agent Bristow can steal the lives from two people without help.

“So I was right.”

“About what?”

“That Sydney is your downfall.”
Sitting down on a closed lid, Vaughn didn’t know how to answer. Sydney and he, they were the perdition for each other. They were connected deeply, and it would never end between them. He even doubted that death could part them. So, he chose to ignore Weiss’s comment. “Will you help me?”

“Do I have a choice?”

Frowning deeply, Vaughn answered: “Not really.”

“Then what’s your plan, boss?”

Looking into the mirror, Vaughn was content with his new outfit. The black turtleneck and black jeans fit perfectly with the three-day stubble. Perfect for a little trip to Warsaw. Perfect to save Sydney Bristow.

He came nearer. A syringe in his hands.

“Here, we have a nice little cocktail for you. It will help you to...limber up a bit.” A smirk crossed his lips. Leaning over Sydney, Mischa grabbed her arm violently. Trying to jerk away from his touch, Sydney gasped out, loudly, when the needle pierced her skin. The blue liquid flowing inside her veins, she felt heat erupting in her body. The sweat trickled down her forehead, into her eyes – blinding her for a moment.
‘This stuff works fast’ was her last coherent thought before the world stopped. The adjacence faded slowly into a shade of grey, and everything sounded so distant. The laughter of the guards-hollow, like an echo. Mischa’s words repeating themselves over and over in her head. Closing her eyes, Sydney tried to concentrate on her own breathing. Every intake of air seemed to be a great exertion of force.

Breathe in. The sound of her boiling blood in the ears. Breathe out. The pain throbbing in rhythm with her beating heart.

----
“Mum?” How? Why?

“I have waited so long for this moment.” A smile plastered on her face. The same dimpled smile she knew from herself.

“This isn’t possible.”

A simple nod as an answer. “I have to tell you so much.” Smoothing Sydney's hair and brushing away the dirt clinging to it. A motherly gesture.

----

The demons were haunting her. Dark ghosts trying to pull her into the abyss of hell. Dead people were coming back. She was dead. Her mother had died in a car crash. There was no way that she could be sitting in front of her. The smell of oil. Daddy? Water, everywhere is water. The screams of her mother.
She was loosing her mind, Sydney thought, while shaking her head to banish the old memories.

----
“You are old enough. There’s no need to tell you fairy tales Sydney. Now is the time to focus. You have something I want. And I’m sure we can work this out. There’s no need to overreact or to get sappy. I never died. It was my job to marry your father and to get pregnant. I wanted information and I got it. A group named “The Followers of Rambaldi” sent me a prophecy about me and my role in Rambaldi’s endgame. I had no choice, Sydney. It’s my destiny to search for his artifacts. I staged my death and now here I am. The head of the Order of Rambaldi. And you, my dear, will follow the path I have taken so long ago. It’s your destiny.”
----

It felt like thousands of needles were piercing her body. Like ants were crawling over her smooth skin. It itched, it burned, it hurt. Moving restlessly on the chair, Sydney tried to free herself from the bonds that held her captive. The guards were away. Hadn’t liked her screams. One of them had tried to tape her mouth. She had bitten him. The blood had tasted good. ‘Crazy whore.’ And again a punch to her stomach.

Her fingers were playing restlessly with the trammels. An idea popped up inside her head. Grabbing her left hand with the right one, it took her only a second of self conquest. Crack. And her wrist was broken. The drugs were like a fog, trying to keep her from the pain, but it sliced through her body when she freed herself.
She was free. Now she only had to find a way out of here.

----
“I won’t work with you.” Her voice steady and sure. Her body weak and pained.

“Why not? Because you are CIA?” Irina asked, a mischievous grin settled on her face. Who would have thought that Sydney would be so loyal to an organization that had betrayed her. Jack, Devlin, Barnett...all names that she was highly familiar with.

“You know?” Big, shocked eyes. Like when she was little.

“Sydney, I have monitored your life. I know everything about you. Your friends, your ideologies....” she hesitated a bit before adding: “...your love” And the look Sydney sent her was the confirmation she had needed. “There are no secrets Sydney. There is nothing to hide anymore.”

“This was all planned.”

“From the beginning.”

“The Agents in Poland?”

“Means to an end.”

----

Running along the corridor, Sydney tried to be as silent as possible. But the drugs made her movements sloppy, her reflexes delayed, her sight bleary. She would have no chance against the guards. Bracing herself against a wall, Sydney took a deep breath. She had to regain some clarity if she wanted to escape her crazy mother.

‘Vaughn, right now, I need you so much.’ Sydney thought, desperately, tears spilling on her cheeks. Her emotions were a blur. She was giddy, angry, high, down, thoughtful and confused. ‘I must have my wits about me.’ Shaking her head, Sydney tried to clear her foggy mind. Concentrate, focus, think.

Looking down, Sydney gasped when she noticed the large spots of blood on her skin. Something wasn’t right. She could feel it. The illness spreading through her whole body, leaving her sick and tired. But she had to fight. One step after the other. Vaughn would wait for her. Vaughn would....wouldn’t he?
And this one thought kept her moving.

----
“What do you want?” Sydney asked harshly. The constant torture and talk sessions were hard to take.

“Not now. We have to wait for someone. “Sitting down in front of her daughter, Irina was the epitome of perfection. Black pantsuit, blood red lips, black-rimmed eyes, tight bun, stern expression. Not one hair out of place. There was nothing left of the lovely and openhearted Laura Bristow, who loved children more than anything.

“For whom?”

“It’s all written in the prophecy.”

“You really believe some guy who’s been dead for hundreds of years?” Sydney snapped, angrily.

A slap was her only answer. Her head flew to the right, the sudden movement putting too much pressure on her shoulder. Gritting her teeth so she wouldn’t scream, Sydney felt her head being tilted up. The deep brown eyes of her mother – so similar to her own – were staring right into her soul. But Sydney could see right through them. Could see behind the hate and anger and sick revenge. And there was nothing. Not the spirit Laura Bristow had had in her eyes. Only blankness.
Irina’s face only inches in front of her, her mother smiled gently.

“You are the living proof that Rambaldi was right.”

“Boy Scout, do you copy?” Eric’s voice whispered through the comms.

Rounding a corner, Vaughn stopped when he stood right in front of the club in Warsaw. The guards were chatting with a few blondes – not really paying attention what was happening around them. One of the girls spotted Vaughn, and a big, lazy smile lit up her face. Grinning back, Vaughn turned away, before replying: “Yes. I’m right in front of the club.”

“Okay, the transmitter you put on Sydney works.”

-----
“You put a transmitter on Miss Super-spy?” A trace of laughter in his voice, Weiss began to snicker.

“While we kissed.” Vaughn sighed, not really happy about his decision. “It’s some kind of sticker that combines itself with the skin and attains the blood.”

“She will be totally pissed.”

“Hey, she gave me every reason to do this.”

-----

Watching the monitor in front of him, Weiss saw how the big red point blinked brightly. He hadn’t told Vaughn that she wasn’t moving anymore. But at least it was blinking. “Use the backdoor entrance. The satellite is showing me only two guards.”

“Only. Easy to say when you’re sitting in LA.” Vaughn mumbled under his breath.
Doing what Weiss had said, he found himself faced by two giant guards.

“Ahem, sorry. I’m from the USA. I want to go to the Apocalypse club. Am I right?”

“Nie.”

“Really? But here on the card....” Closing the distance between him and the guards, Vaughn showed them the card, pointing furiously at a street. Wanting to get rid of the stupid American tourist, the guards leaned over, giving Vaughn the perfect opportunity to flip him over. And then he began the choreography he knew so well. One movement was followed by the next. He never thought when he was fighting. It was a natural gift. Fast fists, strong legs, hard punches. Three minutes later, the guards were lying unconscious in front of his feet.

“Weiss. I’m going in.”

Sydney was tired. Her eyes burned, her steps got heavier. Stumbling around the warehouse, she had no idea how to escape this freakin‘ labyrinth. Every corner she rounded was leading her to another branched corridor, and it was making her dizzy. Leaning on an old dresser, Sydney took the opportunity to rest a second. Looking in the dirty mirror, her fingers touched the thick layer of dust and oil. Her fingers slipped away, this small action costing her more power than she had left. Seeing her reflection, a choked scream was her only answer. She could see only red. There was no face anymore, nothing but red. Slipping down on the dark floor, tears cascaded down her cheeks, washing away the red marks on her face.

Does it kill
Does it burn
Is it painful to learn
That it’s me that has all the control

“Miss Bristow. Haven’t I told you that you shouldn’t try to escape?“
The crisp voice of Mischa sliced through the air, and it felt like it sliced right through her throat. Leaning herself against the cold brick wall, Sydney heard how the steps got louder and louder. There was no chance that she could escape. A wave of nausea washed over Sydney, letting her fight with the need to sleep. Just closing her eyes and never waking up again. But Vaughn’s voice flooded over her, telling her to stand up, and to fight. Standing up slowly, Sydney tried to put one foot in front of the other, but she fell down again. The cracking of a bone could be heard, but the mixture of the drugs and her nausea made her feel numb. No more pain. Only the demons of her past were following and haunting her.
Looking up, Sydney noticed her gun that she had lost when she had fought with the guards. When was that? Yesterday? A few hours ago? Or a few days?

When it gets cold outside and ya got nobody to love
You`ll understand what I mean when I say
There`s no way we´re gonna give up
And like a little girl cries in the face of a monster that lives in her dreams

Her breathing more ragged, Sydney felt like someone was strangling her. Coughing hard, she tried to regain her normal breathing, but it didn’t help.

“Miss Bristow. In your current condition you shouldn’t strain too much. Believe me.“

Fingering the throbbing wound, Sydney felt weaker then ever. Brushing a bloody strand of hair behind her ear, she chose to ignore the pain that flashed through her body and crept forward. Her gaze on her gun. Grabbing it with shaky hands, her stiff fingers found their way to clasp the cold metal.

“Miss Bristow“, Mischa taunted her mercilessly, stopping right in front of her. Standing there in his stark white suit, he grinned down at the desperate woman.

*“I could never forget you Sydney Bristow. I love you.”*

“I.....am.......a......fighter“ Sydney choked, tears in her eyes, before pulling the trigger.
But nothing happened. No big report that strained her drum skin. No unpleasant smell. No blood, that flowed slowly like a river. No recoil that let her fall on the floor.

“It’s possible that you’re a fighter Miss Bristow, but every fight has an end.“

Is there anyone there cause it`s getting harder and harder to breathe

“And there’s someone who really wants to see you.”

“I’m in, Weiss. Please send the plans of the building and Sydney’s whereabouts to my PDA.”
Seconds later, Vaughn had received the material and was looking over the plan. It wasn’t impossible. Most of the guards were standing alone. He could knock them out one after the other. Making sure that his tranquilizer-gun was loaded, Vaughn began to follow the first corridor.

“I have to go radio silent. I’m sure they are scanning the building for communication devices and signals.” He whispered in his comms, making sure that nobody could hear him.

“Please be careful.”

Smiling gentle at his friends worried voice, he replied: “I will be.”

Taking the comm out of his ear, Vaughn switched it off before putting it into his jacket pocket. The way before him was dark and destructive.
Taking one step after the other, he checked his PDA and was surprised when the red point vanished from his monitor.

“Welcome, Agent Vaughn.” This voice. Taunting and blaming.

Snapping his head up, Vaughn was faced by a group of armed guards.

“We have been awaiting you. Eagerly.”

tbc...

!! The phrase: *“I could never forget you Sydney Bristow. I love you.”* is from chapter 16: Pushed into the abyss before Vaughn and Sydney get brainwashed. Just as a little reminder.

Reviews, reviews, reviews. I'm waiting for them eagerly.

oh my god.. poor sydney she is soooooo battered. that's really sad.

and vaughn got captured too!! oh no.

they are going to get out right???

this was great!! thanks for the pm!

Great Chapters! I'm scared though for what is gunna happent o Syd and Vaughn. But i kinda want them to find out everything about whats happened to them. Please pm when you update (hopefully soon?) :smiley:

Back