martial arts...

i gonna start taekwondo in about a week. gog i'm skared to death cuz i am NOT flexible at all. oh well it'll still be fun. also in around a year i'm gonna do krav maga. YAY!

I waaant tooo... i think my mom might let me but i dont have time... she'd let me because she really likes Alias now :lol:

LENKID! wow :eek: that's so cool! :D could you kick someone's ass? :lol:

good luck Dim Bulb :smiley:

I love karate!! i have been doing it for 8 years and i am a 2nd degree black belt. I am obsessed with karate. has anyone competed in any competitions? they are awesome!

I started Jujitsu last year. Still at it. Orange belt. My first attempt at martial arts. After every class, i get muscle pains all over. But good exercise.

I started Taekwondo :woot: I've only had 3 lessons though and am rather nervous about learning the pattern. ^_^ There's a special way in which we have to tie the belt. Does anyone know please, tell me cos I've forgotten! :thinking:

Well, this is how i tie my belt. It's easier to demonstrate than to say in words but i'll try.

Hold one end of the belt .Hold it just above/on your right knee. Straighten it towards your left side of your waist. Go behind n around your waist twice. This time when it comes to the front, the other end of the belt should be of same length to the other (which u should be holding with your right hand from the beginning). Put one end on top of the other to have a V-shape. Then just tie it like how u do a simple knot. I hope it's right :smiley: And u can understand what i'm trying to say here :lol:

Thakyou Lin! :D But the lady who showed me kept going on about how you go under this part and how this one is shorter then the other and then you tie it again, they have some special way to tie it I dunno, I can't remeber but thanks for trying ;) Gotta ask her tomorrow...

nattie700 said:
Thakyou Lin! :D But the lady who showed me kept going on about how you go under this part and how this one is shorter then the other and then you tie it again, they have some special way to tie it I dunno, I can't remeber but thanks for trying ;) Gotta ask her tomorrow...
Anytime :D
Gee, i guess maybe there is another way to do it.
When u finally know how to do it, come back here n tell~! :D :lol:

Anytime 
Gee, i guess maybe there is another way to do it.
When u finally know how to do it, come back here n tell~! 

Shall do Lin! :D

Saw her do it again today but I swear I must have short term memory loss or somethink. She did the wrap around thing then she looped one end under tied a knot then dodid this triangle knot, so confuzzling!
Here's hoping I'll get it on Monday...

Back