T

tasoli

Anyone a Martial Artist or a student?

What rank?

What art(s)?

Why did you pick it(them)?

Anyone a Martial Artist or a student?

Yes and yes.

Anyone who is willing to take martials arts as an artform is a martial artist, and one only ceases to be a student when one comes to believe they have nothing to learn, and so loses belief in martial arts as a discipline.

What rank?

Originally, way back down the line, I started off in Tae Kwon Do. I got to green belt before realising that the notion of grading in martial arts is wrong. I have not saught to advance my rank since. Those who have a right to judge my wushu will have no difficulty getting a measure of my skill.

What art(s)?

I started off in Tae Kwon Do, which was the wrong art for me, but it gave me the basics. From there I managed to transition to wushu.
I studied Seven Star Praying Mantis, and also trained in kickboxing to help with fitness, both up until my injury.
Now that the injury is almost gone I am working hard on my combat/competition Tai Chi skills to help my teacher establish a new club for himself in our town. We are holding a demonstration in city hall in september. If I can get over my photos "thing" I will throw up pictures somewhere ;)

Why did you pick it(them)?

I picked martial arts because they make me a better person.

Martial arts makes me healthier. It gives me the ability to appreciate other people better, because I naturally read movements better than other traits. It is relaxing and reassuring in life in general, making me a more pleasant person to be around. It allows me the knowledge that I will not accidentally damage anyone. It makes me a more balanced person through proper appreciation of the physical aspect of the self. It helps me with work, being of direct use in bouncing and personal security.

And it also helps with the women by not only making me look and move better, but also giving me greater appreciation of the body's stimuli. :smiley:

Back