Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

Sci-Fi Marvel's Agents of SHIELD (ABC) (Avengers Spinoff)

Discussion in 'Television & Streaming' started by Alien Soup, May 10, 2013.

1. Alien Soup

Alien Soup Head Chef

The logo for Marvels' Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., the television series spinoff inspired by the Marvel movies, in particular The Avengers, has gotten an official description, logo, and first cast photo.

Marven\'s Agents of SHIELD Logo.jpg
    Marvel\'s Agents of SHIELD Cast Photo.jpg

2. Kevin

Kevin Code Monkey Staff Abductee

... and the first official promo has been released. Earlier a 7 second clip was floating around the net featuring the Hulk rampaging but it was quickly pulled after being hit with a DMCA notice. The official promo is fast paced but you can get an idea of some of the characters being shown and the voice over from Agent Coulson gives it a bit of a Fringe vibe. "We work the cases that SHIELD hasn't classified. The strange, the unknown."

3. Kevin

The clip is now available from the official Agents of SHIELD site.

Personally I'm thinking that might be Abomination instead of the Hulk because, even though the video is really grainy, it kind-of-sort-of-maybe looks like spiny texture on the arms. That would allow post-Avengers Hulk to still be a 'good guy' in the current Marvel universe fighting with SHIELD instead of against it.

4. Jetshroom

Jetshroom Rocket Ranger

I'll be really interested in seeing how well this series is received. I can see it going either way, it becomes massively popular and helps grow the marvel universe in the public eye (not that it needs much help at the moment) or it has too small a following to justify the costs and gets cancelled after one season.

5. screenersam

screenersam This is news, Vincenzo, NEWS!

Hope Whedon is hands-on with this. I've ambivalent about Shield/Avengers but totally fanboy on Whedon.
    wonder if anyone will ever try a tv of Astro City?

6. Jetshroom

Jetshroom Rocket Ranger

Saw an extended preview for this now, and I'm actually excited for it. Now in a state of "can't wait"

7. Kevin

Extended trailer you say? {Kevin switches tabs over to YouTube....}

Excellent!

8. pointyearedbastard

pointyearedbastard Brain in a jar.

Okay, I'M hooked! :cool:

9. Nix

Nix Rocket Ranger

Starts in the UK on Friday 27th September unfortunately on the hack it into pieces channel 4 at 6pm.

10. Azhria Lilu

Azhria Lilu Rocket Ranger

Starts this Friday on Channel 4 (UK)

View attachment 24629
    For those of you who've seen the Avenger's movie, you'll notice that Agent Coulson is back from the dead (for those of you who haven't watched #Avengers . . . oops, sorry :D)

I'm interested to see how they do this - the trailers looked good, I'm quite excited to watch it (especially now Supernatural is off air until we get Season 9)

Written by Joss Whedon, I have high hopes for this show!

Attached Files:

11. Creaky

Creaky Ensign

Didn't know it was on here yet, something else to Sky+

12. Azhria Lilu

I really can't wait for this :D

13. Creaky

Creaky Ensign

Looks good, hope it lives up to the hype

14. Azhria Lilu

Watched first episode. Didn't hate it :)

15. Creaky

Creaky Ensign

Got it recorded but not watched as yet, read a couple of review which seem encouraging.

16. Azhria Lilu

I enjoyed it. Had the quirky humour we expect from Joss Whedon - some real laugh out loud moments - action scenes, nods towards the movies. A nice pilot episode.

17. Creaky

Creaky Ensign

Just finished watching this and thought it was good, very enjoyable. Will keep watching the rest of the series.

18. Kevin

@Nix, how is it turning out in the UK? The US ratings have been pretty good and ABC has ordered a full season of the show.

19. Nix

Nix Rocket Ranger

It's not going down very well here, people I know are losing interest and switching it off... That's also according to the newspapers here too... The difference is probably the fact that it's being hacked up on C4 rather than the full show over where you are. Due to this I've deleted my recordings and will wait for a box set to come out on DVD. :rolleyes:

20. Kevin

Ouch! Are they actually removing scenes or just chopping it with bad commercial breaks?