Superheroes Ant-Man (2015)

Tom

An Old Friend
Title: Ant-Man

Tagline: Heroes don't get any bigger.

Genre: Science Fiction, Action, Adventure

Director: Peyton Reed

Cast: Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas, Evangeline Lilly, Bobby Cannavale, Corey Stoll, Anthony Mackie, Judy Greer, Abby Ryder Fortson, Michael Peña, David Dastmalchian, T.I., Wood Harris, Hayley Atwell, John Slattery, Martin Donovan, Garrett Morris, Gregg Turkington, Rod Hallett, Joe Chrest, Joe Bucaro III, Jean Louisa Kelly, Dax Griffin, Hayley Lovitt, Anna Akana, Stan Lee, Tom Kenny, Norma Alvarez, Darcie Isabella Cottrell, Teddy Williams, Carol Anne Watts, Chuck David Willis, Diana Chiritescu, Neko Parham, Onira Tares, Zamani Wilder, Kylen Davis, Jim R. Coleman, Desmond Phillips, Aaron Saxton, Michael A. Cook, Ricki Lander, Rus Blackwell, Johnny Pemberton, Nicholas Barrera, Carlos Aviles, Lyndsi LaRose, Robert Crayton, Ajani Perkins, Jessejames Locorriere, Kevin Lacz, Michael Trisler, Daniel Stevens, Clay Donahue Fontenot, Michael Jamorski, Casey Pieretti, Antal Kalik, Adam Hart, Reuben Langdon, Todd Schneider, Zack Duhame, Alex Chansky, Kevin Buttimer, Danny Vasquez, Rick Avery, Erik Betts, Natalie Stephany Aguilar, Raul Colon, Patrick Constantine Bertagnolli Jr., Chris Evans, Hayley Gagner, Tim Halpin, Christina July Kim, Jordi Mollà, Vanessa Ross, Sebastian Stan, Buzz Buzz Devers

Release: 2015-07-14

Runtime: 117

Plot: Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, master thief Scott Lang must embrace his inner-hero and help his mentor, Doctor Hank Pym, protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.
Ant-Man (2015)

I'm not too sure about this one. The test footage makes me think of a robot movie from Japan during the late 1970's - early 1980's era.

Cool, I thought it was going to be just more of the same.
From the few previews I've seen the effects look pretty good.
I used to imagine what it would be like to be shrunken to the size of an ant.
Hopefully it didn't have too much of the cheesy superheroe dialog.
That is so old and busted.

Omg, i've just seen this movie yesterday, it was so awesome, the action scenes and etc.
I haven't seen it yet. Do you think Ant-Man fits in to the 'top level' Marvel Universe movies likes The Avengers, Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man or do you see it as more of a ancillary movie like Guardians of the Galaxy?

I haven't seen it yet. Do you think Ant-Man fits in to the 'top level' Marvel Universe movies likes The Avengers, Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man or do you see it as more of a ancillary movie like Guardians of the Galaxy?
Well, I didn't think Avengers was that good and Guardians of the Galaxy I didn't particularly like, so yeah. But i can say that Ant-Man tops them all. I simply love it : the action, and etc. You gotta see it.

I saw this a couple of weeks ago (in a flurry of movie-watching). I enjoyed it. I've enjoyed the other Marvel movies as well. This one focused more on the plot (and the characters advancing through the plot) than most of the others, in my opinion. It still had enough action and such to keep the popcorn flowing, though.

I finally had a chance to see this one, thanks to a Verizon FiOS "free preview" weekend of the premium channels like Starz, and I really liked it. I like that they tied in the old classic Ant-Man stories with Hank & Janet Pym while handing off the characters to the current modern Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) story line. For those familiar with the original character story lines of Hank & Janet will understand when I say that handing off the "Ant-Man" and "Wasp" characters to new people is a good thing because it avoids the MCU having to deal with the dark & brutal parts of Hank & Janet's relationship.

The movie has a much lighter feel to versus the rest of the MCU and it works as a nice offset to the other movies that sometimes take themselves a bit too seriously. Paul Rudd and his group of cohorts have some funny scenes but nothing over-the-top silly.

If I had to think of something negative to say about it, it'd be Hank's key-chain; it was pretty obvious what was really going on with it.