Superheroes Marvel's Daredevil (Netflix)

Azhria Lilu

Captain
Title: Marvel's Daredevil

Genre: Crime, Drama, Action & Adventure

First aired: 2015-04-10

Creator: Drew Goddard, Steven S. DeKnight

Cast: Charlie Cox, Deborah Ann Woll, Elden Henson, Vincent D'Onofrio, Jay Ali, Wilson Bethel, Joanne Whalley

Overview: Lawyer-by-day Matt Murdock uses his heightened senses from being blinded as a young boy to fight crime at night on the streets of Hell’s Kitchen as Daredevil.
Marvel's Daredevil (Netflix)

The first official pic of Charlie Cox in character as Matt Murdock from Daredevil has been released. No pics yet of the title costume.

For those not familiar with the comics, yes, the character is blind. He fights crime uses highly sensitive hearing which acts a bit like radar allowing him to 'see' around him.

Daredevil.jpg

Last edited:
I always found it strange that DareDevil's costume was so well coordinated. (Since he went to an all red scheme) The guy can't see colours only shapes, so really his costume would be bits of red, gray, blue, black, yellow etc. I want to see DareDevil in a costume that makes people go blind from the lack of cohesion.

first-photos-from-marvels-daredevil-series.jpg

First photos are available, the one above looks like a first phase costume design. I'm assuming through time we will see the more iconic red suit, I could be wrong but this one is based on an early version as seen in Frank Miller's The Man Wthout Fear book?

I am looking forward to this as Daredevil was one of my favorite comic reads as a kid. The past few years I have also likened Vincent D’Onofrio's works so him playing Carlton Fisk will be interesting. Unless they will be using some type of CGI with D'Onofrio as Frisk I don't think he'll come anywhere close to the classic Fisk in the comics who was huge. He can play both serious & psycho so the role of an intimidating villain might suit him fine.

The full trailer has been released.

Looks good to me. It feels like there's a grittier edge to this than the Marvel films or even Agents of SHIELD

Looks good to me. It feels like there's a grittier edge to this than the Marvel films or even Agents of SHIELD
It does indeed. With it being on Netflix I suspect they can get away with a bit more since only paying subscribers will have access to it, a bit like shows on HBO or Cinemax.

The only thing that is bugging me is the grey/black face mask that is being used. With the knot tied behind the head and the trailing cloth, every time I see it I can't help but think of the Dread Pirate Roberts from The Princess Bride. :o_O:

dread-pirate-roberts.png

But I'll be watching on April 10th. It's a Friday so I should be able to watch it that night.

Guess I'll will try to watch this one too.
But does it not start to become a bit to many superhero series at the same time soon?

I'm afraid it won't be audience enough for all and some of will never get the chance they deserve.
(Probably the one I like the most will disappear first... ;))

/SK

Guess I'll will try to watch this one too.
But does it not start to become a bit to many superhero series at the same time soon?
It does seem that way, doesn't it? With the success of The Avengers movies superhero shows are the current hot item. CBS is even trying to get back into with a new Supergirl series being worked on. I've been trying to watch most of them but I lost track of Arrow and now I have no idea what is going on in that show so I don't try to keep up anymore with it.

I'm afraid it won't be audience enough for all and some of will never get the chance they deserve.
(Probably the one I like the most will disappear first... ;))
At least you're not the curse of doom for shows. In the past few years, nearly every sci-fi TV show that I really liked and made a point of recording on the DVR got cancelled.

WOW! Heavy, serious, adult sci-fi. Solid acting, directing and script. An adult sci-fi superhero who is portrayed so as to be almost possible {A man who went blind at an early age and developed a strong sixth sense type ability that enabled him to in some ways see better than those who are not blind - they make it seem real; and is taught to fight by a master, also blind, in martial arts}. Exciting entertainment and even the drama, which I do not usually care for, is done well so as to maintain your interest. Netflix is streaming the whole first season
{13 episodes} and if you don't have Netflix it is worth signing up for at least a month so you can watch this.
But note, might be too heavy and serious for younger viewers - I might rate it PG13 {graphic violence}.

Finished watching this last night, up to episode 7 is absolutely class, then there's a lull and a bit of a decline in quality - suddenly the cinematography takes a giant drop for instance - but still very good. Very moody and dark in places and not afraid to show violence.

The ending felt rushed though and was probably the weakest episode in my opinion.

But note, might be too heavy and serious for younger viewers - I might rate it PG13 {graphic violence}.
Now you've got me curious.... is Netflix assigning ratings to their own productions? I haven't taken notice before if they do or don't but now that you mention it, I'm curious.

Finished watching this last night, up to episode 7 is absolutely class, then there's a lull and a bit of a decline in quality - suddenly the cinematography takes a giant drop for instance - but still very good. Very moody and dark in places and not afraid to show violence.
Possibly budget reasons. Unlike their own shows where customers voted which ones should be produced, the Marvel shows are being created & produced with all of the episodes being filmed before the first one is even shown to viewers. For that reason I'd suspect that 'just in case' ratings weren't that great that the budget was spent more on the early episodes so that they could be used for PR purposes.

FROM IMDB:

"A week and a half after its premiere, Netflix has renewed “Daredevil” for a 13-episode second season. The action drama’s sophomore run will helmed by new showrunnersDouglas Petrie and Marco Ramirez , who will be stepping in for departing executive producer Steven S. DeKnight."

“Daredevil’s” success means Netflix’s planned launch of four different TV series based on Marvel characters is on track. Coming in the future are dramas that will focus on the adventures of Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist, all of whom will join Daredevil in an event series about the superhero team known as “The Defenders.”"

Wow! I ended up binge-watching this one over the course of a few days and it was much better than I was expecting it to be. One of them most surprising things was D’Onofrio's portrayal of Kingpin has you actually feeling sorry for the guy at times.

Visually the series does take turn, as @Gemma mentioned, where the episodes start looking more obvious that they were shot on a sound-stage instead of on-location but it really doesn't distract from the action. If you want to have some fun, try to count the number of times yellow lighting is used in a scene. ;)

Season 2 will be available 12:01AM on March 18, 2016. :jiggy: The new season will see Frank Castle, aka: The Punisher, play a major role along with Elektra.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database