Baldur's Gate 2
Any of the gold box games
Dark Sun: Shattered Lands
FFVII
Neverwinter Nights (Single Player)
Neverwinter Nights 2 (Single Player)
War of Genesis III
Magna Carta

There're probably more, but I haven't played more than this.

The Playstation/2 is the primary bastion of single-player RPGs, though. No contest.

Good list but you forgot

Fallout series
Ultima series (excluding Ultima Online)

Call it that way if you like, but it's still fact that plenty of people just play the single player game.

There's also a passionate community who play the official expansion packs for the first game - there are heaps of those expansions now. Again, they don't go anywhere near the multiplayer version.

Again, I'd like to thank you for ignoring my point. Congratulations. :cool:

I have played Neverwinter nights single player, and multiplayer. I feel it does a better job standing on its own than say a game like Dungeon Siege does. However I feel Kuzzle has a very valid point when he says that the PC is no long THE definitive RPG format. Of the games listed (baldurs gate, fallout 1/2, the first 2 elderscrolls) many share one thing in common, they are older. I think bethesdas huge success since going cross platform (not saying daggerfall wasn't a success, merely saying it sure didn't sell 10 million copies) is rather indicative of the switch in the RPG genre to console.

I truly can't think of many PC only RPG's made recently that were worth buying, let alone enough to stack up against the console RPG's that captured my interest.

I don't care if it's THE format. Just OFFER it at least. Hell, we'll mod it into shape for PC, if we have to. Exclusives just seems like a bad idea. You're narrowing the number of people who will buy your game.

I don't care if it's THE format. Just OFFER it at least. Hell, we'll mod it into shape for PC, if we have to. Exclusives just seems like a bad idea. You're narrowing the number of people who will buy your game.

that may very well end up happening, (kotor came to PC) but i imagine bioware is getting reimbursed a good amount to keep it 360 exclusive for at least 6 months, and probably permanently off ps3. Its a system seller game, maybe not to the extent halo is, but still worth ms putting money into.

Mass Effect should kick a lot of ass. Assassin will too.
Plus the 360 is a very stong market to release a game. It's a solid platform that a couple million folks can enjoy without constantly worrying about upgrades and what not. Should be fun.

Yes, that's the game. I have been looking foward to that since I saw it last year in like 4 different magazines...

Back